Intent To Buy: What systems are you planning on picking up?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by charizard1605 (52594 posts) 4 months, 9 days ago

Intent To Buy: What systems are you planning on picking up? (88 votes)

PlayStation 4 72%
Xbox One 25%
Wii U 40%
PlayStation Vita 25%
Nintendo 3DS 25%
PC 35%

With the next generation of gaming now fully underway, I guess the question is, what systems are you planning on picking up this time around? Or which ones do you already own?

Me, I already own a Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, and Wii U, and will be picking up a PlayStation 4 some time next year. I hope to use PlayStation 4 for multiplats and Sony's great first party games, the Vita for indie games and the odd Japanese game that it gets, the 3DS for its massive mine of exclusives, and the Wii U for its HD Nntendo lineup along with the odd third party game like Bayonetta or Monster Hunter.

I think this will cover mostly everything this coming generation. I will miss out on some high end PC exclusives, so I hope to build a decent rig some time in the future; the Xbox One, well, as much as I want Dead Rising and Titanfall, I'm not willing to spend $500 for just two games (as none of its other exclusives interest me, and the rest of its lineup is shared with some other system that I do own or will own).

How about you all?

Also, the poll is multiple answers, so you can click every single system you intend on owning this time around.

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (36420 posts) -

Everything except a Vita.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (26946 posts) -

Already have a gaming PC and a Wii U.

Will pick up a PS4 when the price drops and there are worthwile games available

#3 Posted by lostrib (26249 posts) -

Nothing in the near future

#4 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (622 posts) -

PS4, Wii U, and PC. I don't want an Xbone when I can get a more powerful system, the steambox, for the same price.

#5 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2178 posts) -

I already own all of the above. I may upgrade my PC next year though. i7 3770k @ 4.2 and a GTX 690 is what I have now. It's not the best with the latest games running at 2560x1440.

#6 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

You forgot the esfere, the gamestick, the MOJO, the Nvidia Shield, the JXD, the Iconsole, the Ouya, the Oton, the supermax, the leapforg ultraplayer, the Nexux TV, the Gamertangle, the IOn, the Archos Gamepad, the Zeebo 2, and the Cloudcape.

#7 Posted by Cyberdot (3361 posts) -

Already have a gaming PC.

Out of those next-gen consoles, the PS4 is the only one I'm eyeing at for purchase sometime next year.

#8 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

i own a wii u.

i still don't know when/if I'll grab a ps4 or xb1, but I know I will grab one/both of them eventually.

my priority at the moment is to increase my storage and memory capacity. then cpu. then finally gpu. hope to be done before mid-2014.

#9 Posted by CleanPlayer (9686 posts) -

I own everything, but a Gaming PC. I'm gonna build one eventually :p

#10 Posted by Telekill (3939 posts) -

I already have my PS4 and PSV. I got my 6 year old a 3DS. I'm done buying systems for a few years, possibly till PS5.

#11 Posted by Snugenz (11114 posts) -

Already have my PS4, Wii U and PC will get an Xbone eventually.

#12 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4235 posts) -

Have PS4, going to get a Wii U and a Vita

#13 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

You forgot the esfere, the gamestick, the MOJO, the Nvidia Shield, the JXD, the Iconsole, the Ouya, the Oton, the supermax, the leapforg ultraplayer, the Nexux TV, the Gamertangle, the IOn, the Archos Gamepad, the Zeebo 2, and the Cloudcape.

I'd forgive @charizard1605 for such crimes.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (52594 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

I'd forgive @charizard1605 for such crimes.

Yes, I think my conscience will somehow survive this transgression

#15 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4336 posts) -

Nintendo 3DS is the only one that's a for sure buy. The Wii U has a few games that are catching my interest but not enough yet and the PS4 & XONE have nothing of interest besides the multiplat Mirror's Edge 2, so probably end up getting at least one of the two or a better PC. I have mild interest in the Vita but looking at the library seems the interest is mostly novelty.

#16 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25052 posts) -

Right now, my own 3DS (been playing my brothers) and a Wii U.

All that interests me out of PS4 is Infamous: Second Son.

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (44748 posts) -

Everything except the vita. Still not sure what next gen console to get first.

#18 Posted by Boddicker (1932 posts) -

I plan on picking up a modest gaming PC first then a PS4 when it actually has some titles I give a shit about.

#19 Posted by rogelio22 (2327 posts) -

I have pc 2500k/gtx770sc acx, ps4, just ordered a wiiu with nsmb n nsl from walmart. And ill prob get the xb1 when halo comes out and killer instinct is a full a game

#20 Edited by PonchoTaco (1661 posts) -

Already have what I want. PC and Wii U :3

#21 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3270 posts) -

Already have a Vita and a 3DS, plan on getting a PS4 when Final Fantasy comes out then Wii U afterwards. If Final Fantasy takes forever, then Wii U first.

#22 Edited by Lucianu (9214 posts) -

I plan to buy a proper gaming desktop, a WiiU and a 3DS by late 2014. By then, i'll have enough money saved up to do so, obviously also saving up to have a nice collection of games ready to go.

Just a little more time..

#23 Edited by Joedgabe (4987 posts) -

Planing on getting a PS4 and a Vita next year, maybe..

already own a 3DS and a good PC.

#24 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8273 posts) -

Wii U for the best first party in the industry

PS4 for access to all the great 3rd party games it will get

3DS for access to the best first party and 3rd party in the handheld space

#25 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9324 posts) -

Planning on getting a PS4 sometime in the spring.

#26 Posted by jsmoke03 (12032 posts) -

i already have a ps4....what i want is a pc. been wanting to build a rig since crysis came out.

xb1 isnt even in the horizon until either a. 2 price drops b. kinectless xb1

#27 Edited by Ludasher (9 posts) -

Already got PC PS4 Vita and Wii U. Gonna pick up an X1 next year

#28 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (5698 posts) -

PC, 3DS, Vita, and Wii U.

#29 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37515 posts) -

PS4 next year when it gets enough games to warrant the price.

#30 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2561 posts) -

Everything except a PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Have it all but the HD twins. I'll nab one when the time is right, probably in another year or two.

#32 Posted by nini200 (8839 posts) -

Everything except a Vita.

BAZINGA!!!

I actually want a Xbone but I just don't know if I can put up with the always online thing and paying for online play.

#33 Posted by freedomfreak (36420 posts) -
@nini200 said:

BAZINGA!!!

I actually want a Xbone but I just don't know if I can put up with the always online thing and paying for online play.

Hey nini.

The always online thing is gone. Paying for online though? That's still there :(

#34 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I sold my PS3 to get the $100 gift card at Best Buy. Now I own 3ds XL, Vita, Wii U, and a mid level gaming laptop that I use mainly for Starcraft 2, XCOM, and Counter Strike. I will most likely get a PS4 once there are some awesome games out (which is up in the air right now considering I'm not that excited for MGS 5). I wouldn't mind getting an X1 if there are great games on it. Titanfall doesn't look that bad and it might even be better than PC. So we'll see.

#35 Edited by finalstar2007 (24170 posts) -

PlayStation 4 only

couldnt care less about the xbox one or the wiiu

#36 Posted by osirisx3 (1572 posts) -

i will be going back into pc for now as ps and xbox both have meh lines ups for a good while. i end up liking console exclusives more but i like pc better for online.

#37 Posted by osan0 (12373 posts) -

just got my PC that will be my gaming PC for the forseeable future.

have a vita and 3DS.

i intend to pick up a wiiu when project X arrives...have to play that.

i will probably pick up a PS4 sometime after the first revision arrives, 2015-2016 probably.

i dont have much interest in getting an xbox 1

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2561 posts) -

@nini200 said:

BAZINGA!!!

Hey nini.

The always online thing is gone. Paying for online though? That's still there :(

Meanwhile you can play online for free on Wii U. Thank you Nintendo. :)

#39 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

All I have is my PC and 3DS of those. PS4 and Xbox one, don't want anything on either of them and don't want to spend the money right now. Wii U I want a couple games but between the PS3 I just got and Pokemon X I'm busy enough with video games.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (36420 posts) -

Meanwhile you can play online for free on Wii U. Thank you Nintendo. :)

Shit service.

#41 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2561 posts) -
#42 Posted by adamosmaki (9280 posts) -

just gonna stay with my pc until one of the consoles drops to $200-$250

#43 Posted by trugs26 (4642 posts) -

There is no excuse for the 3DS being that low. Everyone here should have one by now.

#44 Posted by charizard1605 (52594 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

There is no excuse for the 3DS being that low. Everyone here should have one by now.

I'm more interested in the Wii U's numbers, honestly.

#45 Posted by shellcase86 (1694 posts) -

PS4 around Spring. I'd get a WiiU when they're under $150.

#47 Edited by trugs26 (4642 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

I'm more interested in the Wii U's numbers, honestly.

That is oddly high given the general reception of the Wii U. I guess a lot of people care about Nintendo, and their criticism stems from their concern on Nintendo's direction (which is often against what we expect). The alternative is a vocal minority of hate.

#48 Edited by FinalFighters (1246 posts) -

i already have a gaming pc. as for which next gen console imma get... its gonna be the PS4th

#49 Edited by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

I plan on spending around $300 to upgrade my PC with an FX-6300, 8gb ram, and HD7850 that will surpass the XB1 in specs as a compliment to my WiiU. I only play on playing games at 1600x900 so that should do it for the foreseeable future.

#50 Edited by babycakin (1400 posts) -

My gaming PC completely died so buying a gaming laptop in January. Buying a Wii U this Christmas, already own a 3DS and Playstation 4 most likely in March. Don't care for the X Bone but Titanfall looks very interesting.