install data on PS4 and Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ThePhantomGamer (1810 posts) -

Sorry if this has been asked, but why is the install data so much on PS4 and XBox One games (at least on a few games I've seen)? I've heard that it's just cashed data and most of it gets deleted when you exit the game, and I was wondering. I play alot of games and I don't want to have a small collection on each

#2 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Why they are bigger? Devs want to make biggee games with higher quality audio and graphic which takes more space. Supposedly you just need x amount free on hard drive and the system will take care of the rest

#3 Posted by Couth_ (10206 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

Why they are bigger? Devs want to make biggee games with higher quality audio and graphic which takes more space. Supposedly you just need x amount free on hard drive and the system will take care of the rest

That's not the question. =___=

#4 Edited by ThePhantomGamer (1810 posts) -

@k2theswiss: I know. From what it seems, it looks like they need to install the whole game to the hard drive (anywhere from 25 to 50 Gigs per game)

#5 Posted by Heil68 (45799 posts) -

I'm guessing they run better on the hard drive over being on the optical drive.

#6 Posted by HaibaneRenmei (262 posts) -

@ThePhantomGamer said:

Sorry if this has been asked, but why is the install data so much on PS4 and XBox One games (at least on a few games I've seen)? I've heard that it's just cashed data and most of it gets deleted when you exit the game, and I was wondering. I play alot of games and I don't want to have a small collection on each

It isn't just cached data, it is a full install for both systems.