uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58904 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-studio-responds-to-crunch-accusations/1100-6422841/

My friends, from the start, I (me) proclaimed CD PROJEKT and full of hyperbole. Now god has proven me correct, again. A secret insider has claimed (as I did about 2 years back) CD PROJEKT are full of shit, and fully aware they are full of shit. Making bold claims of hot windy exaggeration and lies.

Writing on the games forum NeoGAF, one anonymous user took issue with others praising the Witcher 3, claiming that developer CD Projekt Red has built an "overblown" impression of the game. After the anonymous poster's legitimacy was questioned, a NeoGAF administrator claimed they had been "vetted and cleared," suggesting these were not the words of an outsider.

The anonymous individual took issue with others "painting CD Projekt Red as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not."

He continued: "The bullsh**ting with the Witcher 3 started from day one. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now."

Are you (the console) users expected great things?

I must say, as a pc gamer, I predict a console game simply with nice graphics, just like the Witcher 2 was, with pretend pc gamers under delusions that it was a pc game, totally ignoring reality.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

uh what?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Can you draw me a diagram?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I find this thread to be full of shit.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

old

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 REKThard

@scottpsfan14 said:

I kind of understand what's going on here. Everybody tends to think CDPR are the elite PC centric game makers that can do no wrong. It's automatically being hailed as the best graphics game because it's PC centric. It's a beautiful looking game and I'm sure it will be fantastic to play, but I do kind of understand this point of view. They have this image of "unstoppable PC devs" that the average bunter will automatically assume their games are the best graphics. I mean, TW2 was hailed as a graphics king for the time just because it was a PC exclusive. When it really wasn't. It had a nice art style and good textures.

Any way, they do make good games though.

Were you here when it was 2011?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I got the $150 PS4 CE coming. :D

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REKThard

@scottpsfan14 said:
@rekthard said:

No but I was alive.

Who actually claimed TW2 as graphics king in gamespot?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

You might have to buy him some crayons for that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@scottpsfan14 said:

I kind of understand what's going on here. Everybody tends to think CDPR are the elite PC centric game makers that can do no wrong. It's automatically being hailed as the best graphics game because it's PC centric. It's a beautiful looking game and I'm sure it will be fantastic to play, but I do kind of understand this point of view. They have this image of "unstoppable PC devs" that the average bunter will automatically assume their games are the best graphics. I mean, TW2 was hailed as a graphics king for the time just because it was a PC exclusive. When it really wasn't. It had a nice art style and good textures.

My friend, the problem doesn't lay in the graphics. Very much like Crysis 2 or Crysis 3, The Witcher 2, is a console game. All the graphics in the world wont change that.

These, modern pc gamers, they seem to be under some sort of spell that it is a CRPG of the old guard. Quick time events? Wall cover stealth sections? Fable style combat system?

Shockingly, as a third party onlooker, I see yet again, the "master-race" hyping. Boasting.

Almost all the PR has been CDP insulting, and then aspiring to be Skyrim. Not just aspiring, boasting, about being bigger and better. Changing the entire nature of the game to a sandbox environment.

It's incredibly sad that these modern pc gamers have no idea what a PC RPG is.

Shockingly so. I'm shocked.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By REKThard

@scottpsfan14 said:
@rekthard said:

I wasn't talking just about Gamespot, I was talking about everywhere. The whole online gaming community. But I bet somebody on GS did say that.

well the game does have one of the best graphics for it's time,which no console is able to beat (i think,i don't know)
that's probably why they claimed it graphics king,since the only one on the same level is on PC (Crysis).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, the problem doesn't lay in the graphics. Very much like Crysis 2 or Crysis 3, The Witcher 2, is a console game. All the graphics in the world wont change that.

These, modern pc gamers, they seem to be under some sort of spell that it is a CRPG of the old guard. Quick time events? Wall cover stealth sections? Fable style combat system?

Shockingly, as a third party onlooker, I see yet again, the "master-race" hyping. Boasting.

Almost all the PR has been CDP insulting, and then aspiring to be Skyrim. Not just aspiring, boasting, about being bigger and better. Changing the entire nature of the game to a sandbox environment.

You will come to find that a PC gamer and the "master race" are two different things. As for The Witcher, it's probably better than Skyrim in most cases. It's nowhere near as boring. But an RPG going sandbox doesn't mean they are copying TES. A game is a game and if people enjoy it, then fantastic. It doesn't have to take a rocket scientist to figure out the controls to be fun.

Due to the incredibly moddable nature of Skyrim, it's highly doubtful the Witcher will come close.

Being a real pc gamer, I put money into games like Divinity and Wasteland. These are pc games for pc gamers. The Witcher series is simply chocolate gangster melting in the heat.

SNIPcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SNIPcup
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I feel like this thread is history. instead of teaching it im making it.

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

You might have to buy him some crayons for that.

clone brother you excited to meet (Boss) SNIPER in mars?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Derp..

For anyone else that does not give a crap what he says

I have just bought witcher 3 for £16 from G4k.me/en/

Was not sure about the site but it is highly rated on trust pilot and I gotthe game as a steam gift about 2 hours ago.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

ME getting excited about unispiredcup's threads; worth it!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

from the start, I (me) proclaimed

Who?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@rekthard said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@rekthard said:

No but I was alive.

I don't think I would go as far to say it's graphics king in 2011 but even today it still looks pretty dam good.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

well done, you share the opinion of some random dude.

Anyway, the Witcher is one of those games I would play whether it was a true PC game or not. I like the way they design quests.

Their track record (of 2 games) speaks for itself.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

so....I honestly doubt it takes a year or 10 to make a video game. PR just states that for gullible people. The devs put the game on hold, gave it a low priority, focused on releasing other titles, or they are just experimenting looking for new possibilities. Perfect example of this is Titan by Blizzard. They didn't just cancel a AAA MMO they have been working on for allegedly 7 years because it wasn't good.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@pyro1245: agreed,I have been a PC gamer for 22 years and this guys opinions of what PC games should be is utter bollocks...it is a personal preference and nothing else.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:

I find this thread to be full of shit.

I agree. Didn't they show several gameplay videos of the game running on game consoles? The game was shown at the E3 and it's being released in Spring of next year.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@uninspiredcup: IDK... wasn't there a playable demo at E3?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
@pyro1245 said:

Anyway, the Witcher is one of those games I would play whether it was a true PC game or not. I like the way they design quests.

Personally, I'm playing Icewind Dale at the moment and it's much better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I'm not surprised by this at all. I like the games, but they had many flaws in the gameplay/progression department.... and the monster variety in a game where you are a MONSTER HUNTER was pitiful.

CR Project ... tried to track and send out letters to all the pirates (doens't seem like an anti-drm act to me).

I bet its barely open world at all... I bet its about as open world as Assassins creed was.... hubs connected by empty roads.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@pyro1245 said:

Personally, I'm playing Icewind Dale at the moment and it's much better game.

I agree. The Infinity Engine Era was a magical time in gaming.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I'm certainly one the oldest posters on this site, I've been gaming since 1975 and PC gaming since the late 80's. I'm also probably the furthest away you can get from 'the modern PC gamer'. I enjoyed The Witcher, I enjoyed The Witcher 2 including the improvements to combat which were almost certainly done to improve controller support. I'm more than likely going to enjoy The Witcher 3 with visuals far superior to anything that the PS4 or Xbox One will be capable of.

A console centric (which The Wicher 3 isn't) action game isn't necessarily a bad thing, they sell in bucket loads because they are well received and popular. Not every PC game has to be complicated and only appeal to a niche market. We need these block buster multiplat type games as much as the consoles do. They bring in more gamers and more gamers mean more high quality games getting made (something we can never have enough of).

Just as long as it doesn't turn out to have black bars, locked at 30 fps and have less than full HD resolutions and hailed as capturing the cinematic effect (that crap can stay on the consolest) then it will be a great game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I really like The Witcher games but they always felt like hack and slash games with minor RPG elements and a strong story more than a traditional RPG. That's good enough for me but I would say even Skyrim (which I hated) has a lot more depth as an RPG. Not better, just more to it.

I don't know what the third one will be like but I'm hoping they've worked on the magic system a bit so it's interesting in and of itself as opposed to being tacked on as an afterthought to supplement melee combat. That's probably not what how they see Witcher games though, I guess I'll wait and see. It'll be good whatever the style.

I don't think it matters what this anonymous guy says, if it's good it's good, if it's not we'll find out. Contrary to popular opinion, reviewers don't lie.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

What exactly is being said here?

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#35  Edited By heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I don't think you understand how quotes work.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Guess what game I didn't preorder? :P

I actually feel sorry for the people that fell for this bullshit all over again. Are people really not learning that devs and the vamipiric shitwads that fund their games do little beyond lie about their games? It just keeps happening over and over and over and people just line up like 'tards to buy all of it.

I do hope this game turns out well, don't get me wrong, but still there is no reason to preorder this game (or any game for that matter). Does anyone think there will be a shortage of disks or downloads for games, ever again? Nope, not going to happen, those days are LONG gone leaving virtually zero reason to preorder.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

I remember loosingEnds talking about Next gen lighting that was only possible ont he 360 or something with TW2.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

I still remember a few days ago when the new screenshots were posted on PCGamer.com and I said they looked pretty bad and that they were most likely the last-gen/X1 version, yet the PC fanboys there called me console peasant.

So here's a cropped version (not zoomed in, just cropped), this is how incredibly bad the game looks. This is in no way the PC version at high/ultra settings, this must be the last-gen/X1/PC on low settings version because look at those graphics...

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Lol at people who praise the first witchers GAMEPLAY. This will be the best one yet by far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:

I still remember a few days ago when the new screenshots were posted on PCGamer.com and I said they looked pretty bad and that they were most likely the last-gen/X1 version, yet the PC fanboys there called me console peasant.

So here's a cropped version (not zoomed in, just cropped), this is how incredibly bad the game looks. This is in no way the PC version at high/ultra settings, this must be the last-gen/X1/PC on low settings version because look at those graphics...

that is pretty shocking...

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

If Witcher 3 doesn't look like this on PC then I'll be beardmad.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Even if they are full of shit, their shit smells better than almost anyone elses in this industry.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup

@loudangryjerk said:
Name one game that actually had even close to as many smartly impactful choices in the last 20 years... name ONE

According to everyone, Planescape Torment is better.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Lol at people who praise the first witchers GAMEPLAY. This will be the best one yet by far.

the first witcher gameplay was fukin terrible, so much so that i used cheats to finished the game. entered god mode and kept doing that fire spell over and over again, gameplay wise 1 of the worst games i have ever played

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup

@shawty_beatz said:

My friend, screenshots such as this make me happy. It highlights (even though designed for hardware lower than that of a wiiu) the astounding accomplishment of World Of Warcraft environments.

As someone with incredible artistic taste, I'd much rather fly around Azanroth as opposed to Gerald of Rivendales derivative lord of the rings land requiring a £1000 worth of hardware not to look like shit.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#48 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I dont give a rat's ass about PR claims, I havent even listened to anything PR has to say about TW3, I have not watched interviews or anything like that, I still preordered the game because A: amazing value and B: I'm a fucking huge fan of the TW series so I'm obviously going to play TW3. I couldn't care less about what this alt has to say.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawty_beatz said:

My friend, screenshots such as this make me happy.

Contrary to popular belief, screenshots and artwork are not the same thing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 uninspiredcup

@R3FURBISHED said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawty_beatz said:

My friend, screenshots such as this make me happy.

Contrary to popular belief, screenshots and artwork are not the same thing.

Very poor artwork. Incredibly poor. I'm mad.