Inside SIM Racing review - Forza 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by masiisam (5721 posts) -

Watch the video review

Darin @ Inside Sim racing just finished up his final review of FM5. His focus in the review is on the driving aspect and how the SIM experience is translated to the end user.

For fans that are not into the genre ISR is the point site to go to when a unbiased review of equipment and games are wanted.

He points out in the video review.

-FM5 has the best physics on a console (including GT6)

-Best grafx

-Force feed back is amazing

- AI is a hit and miss - can be overly aggressive

- Amazing tire model

AGAIN, his review is about the driving model and nothing else.

I encourage anyone that wants a review of the game from people that love the genre to watch the video and get the scoop on FM5.

#2 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10500 posts) -

Good stuff

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14400 posts) -

@masiisam said:

Watch the video review

Darin @ Inside Sim racing just finished up his final review of FM5. His focus in the review is on the driving aspect and how the SIM experience is translated to the end user.

For fans that are not into the genre ISR is the point site to go to when a unbiased review of equipment and games are wanted.

He points out in the video review.

-FM5 has the best physics on a console (including GT6)

-Best grafx

-Force feed back is amazing

- AI is a hit and miss - can be overly aggressive

- Amazing tire model

AGAIN, his review is about the driving model and nothing else.

I encourage anyone that wants a review of the game from people that love the genre to watch the video and get the scoop on FM5.

Not according to GS.

#4 Posted by masiisam (5721 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Don't be a tool ...They also gave GT6 a 7..

#5 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14400 posts) -

@masiisam said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Don't be a tool ...They also gave GT6 a 7..

And also said that it's got the best racing physics..

#6 Posted by masiisam (5721 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Doesn't change the fact the pulse of the SIM community respects the views of ISR over Gamespot.

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14400 posts) -

@masiisam said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Doesn't change the fact the pulse of the SIM community respects the views of ISR over Gamespot.

But this isn't ISR.

#8 Edited by masiisam (5721 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Did yea watch the video of the review?

#9 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3023 posts) -

Good stuff, that's what it boils down to, the actual driving experience. 16 supercars racing on track online with no lag = pure gold, closest thing you'll ever get to driving these babies in real life.

#10 Edited by foxhound_fox (88651 posts) -

Cows: "This review is garbage, hurp durr 14 tracks hurr durp not 1250 cars durrrr"

#11 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4488 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@masiisam said:

But this isn't ISR.

oh now we respect what gamespots opinion, before only metacritic counted.

#12 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14400 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@masiisam said:

But this isn't ISR.

I thought we've always respected gamespots views here on gamespot?

#13 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7799 posts) -

It's too bad Forza 5 is so bad even GT6 outscored it on Metacritic.

#14 Posted by soulitane (13598 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@masiisam said:

But this isn't ISR.

Your trolling isn't really that good. GS's reviews only count for the metagame, nothing else.

#15 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7398 posts) -

Cool I will check out this sit more in the future to compare to my own in depth sim analysis.

#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14400 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@masiisam said:

But this isn't ISR.

Your trolling isn't really that good. GS's reviews only count for the metagame, nothing else.

Trolling? I've never done such a thing, that's such an abhorrent pattern of behavior that I refuse to take part in it.

Regardless, using a 3rd party website to try and make it seem like GT6's physics are weaker than forza sunny sky's 5 is a bit strange. I was simply pointing that out.

We may feel free to disagree of course however.

#17 Edited by Couth_ (10157 posts) -

IIRC these guys never liked the physics of Forza before, so this speaks volumes

#18 Posted by Motokid6 (5703 posts) -

Forza's physics are.. okay. Their tire role-over model is great ill give them that, but not so much with anything else. The thing with sims is that they are unforgiving. You make a mistaske in Forza you can continue on. If you make a mistake in Iracing.. your done. Race over.

That being said there are tricks you can learn in Forza that can be applied in the real world. So its close.

#19 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4488 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@soulitane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@masiisam said:

But this isn't ISR.

Trolling? I've never done such a thing, that's such an abhorrent pattern of behavior that I refuse to take part in it.

Regardless, using a 3rd party website to try and make it seem like GT6's physics are weaker than forza sunny sky's 5 is a bit strange. I was simply pointing that out.

We may feel free to disagree of course however.

These are exactly the sort of people you should trust on the subject matter. If they said GT6 was better i'd still trust them.

#20 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4488 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

Also makes me think, if this is what Turn 10 was always aiming for, is the Xbox 360s CPU just not quite capable enough for the more realistic physics engine that Turn 10 wanted. Does this show up a weakness of the Xbox 360?

#21 Posted by masiisam (5721 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

I agree...they have always been their biggest critic...

On another note:

I thought the excuse that MS was spouting for why old wheels are not compatible with the X1 was due to the new protocol of how force feed back was used was BS.

It looks though that it wasn't and the new protocol is solid.

#22 Posted by jg4xchamp (48303 posts) -

Should lead to a better Forza 6 then as you would assume maybe they won't be so douchy with the pay 2 win stuff in Forza 6. Masii check your pm brah