Insanely rich fanboys?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhettoTaxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GhettoTaxii
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
I don't see how you have to extremely rich to be a fanboy there are lots of people with an average pay that play video games.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
i can certainly afford a PS3.. but i choose not to support sony..
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

What? Insanely rich people would buy them all out of spite for everyone else.

Come to think of it, they would be too busy on their private Yacht to care.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...GhettoTaxii
I don't understand what you just said.
GhettoTaxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GhettoTaxii
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...fuzzysquash

You need an education then because other people do.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fuzzysquash
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...GhettoTaxii

I'm in the process of getting one. I'm a fourth year double major in political science and philosophy at the University of Washington.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyoroism

[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...GhettoTaxii

HURR HURR THAT WAS HILARIOUS! Let me show you what's hard to understand.

Look at that, two "they"'s and one subject. You made it look like these people are extremely rich but can't afford other systems. Huzzah.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

No...it really doesn't make all that much sense.  You formed those sentences in a profoundly stupid way and the entire topic does not make any sense.
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
i can certainly afford a PS3.. but i choose not to support sony.. farnham
Same here.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
No. Insanely rich people buy all 3 and play them until their eyes bleed. They don't have time to come here and post "fanboyish" messages.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...
SIP_YEK_NOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SIP_YEK_NOD
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts
[QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...fuzzysquash

I'm in the process of getting one. I'm a fourth year double major in political science and philosophy at the University of Washington.

because both of those have such useful applications in the buisness world! :P enjoy working at starbucks.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nyoroism
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...SIP_YEK_NOD

because both of those have such useful applications in the buisness world! :P enjoy working at starbucks.

That has to be one of the most arrogant and immature comments on anything I have ever heard.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...SIP_YEK_NOD

So? I'm majoring in political science and minoring in philosophy. Post law school I'll probably be quadrupling whatever income you pull.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="SIP_YEK_NOD"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]I'm in the process of getting one. I'm a fourth year double major in political science and philosophy at the University of Washington.nyoroism

That has to be one of the most arrogant and immature comments on anything I have ever heard.

Absolutely agreed.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spartan070

[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"] I'm in the process of getting one. I'm a fourth year double major in political science and philosophy at the University of Washington.SIP_YEK_NOD

Jealous much?  Besides, I never heard him say anything about the business world...

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...GhettoTaxii
Huh?
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

I'm assuming you filp burgers at McDonalds.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fuzzysquash

Thanks for your concern :wink:, but I'm not planning on going the business route. It's either law or graduate school for me.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spartan070
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"] Thanks for your concern :wink:, but I'm not planning on going the business route. It's either law or graduate school for me.

It's cool, we already gang-owned him for you.:wink:
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fuzzysquash
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"] Thanks for your concern :wink:, but I'm not planning on going the business route. It's either law or graduate school for me.

lol, saw that.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
I have the majority of the consoles and handhelds out there. I just refuse to buy certain consoles.
Avatar image for finishthisfirst
finishthisfirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finishthisfirst
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"] Thanks for your concern :wink:, but I'm not planning on going the business route. It's either law or graduate school for me.

lol, saw that.

Can I have a double cafe tall Lotte?
Ad_bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ad_bad
Member since 2003 • 1453 Posts
likewise
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
yeah, what this guy said.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...Spartan070

Well, sorry to tick you off, but $600 is nothing to me...
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
Rich? I don't know what that means. *poors himself some money cereal and begins eating*
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...TekkenMaster606

Well it is to most of us...consider me ticked off:evil:................................:P . . . . .:x
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...TekkenMaster606

You should've spent a year or two in South Philly with me growing up, I guarantee you'd have a far different outlook on money.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...Spartan070

You should've spent a year or two in South Philly with me growing up, I guarantee you'd have a far different outlook on money.

He doesn't need to venture to South Philly. Anywhere else in the world works. To Tekken: Try getting out of Silver Spoon, Daddy's Bank. There's a whole new world out there awaiting you.
Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts
[QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"]Are insanely rich people fanboys? because if you think about it they don't have to degrade other systems because they feel bad that they can't afford them all. Lol...fuzzysquash

ouch someone got burned hard
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Insanely rich people buy all consoles and all games and don't even care about one in particular. They usually know absolutly nothing about consoles anyway, so how can they be fanboys?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...asmallchild

He doesn't need to venture to South Philly. Anywhere else in the world works. To Tekken: Try getting out of Silver Spoon, Daddy's Bank. There's a whole new world out there awaiting you.

No, he's a Duke grad, but same deal....
pilotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pilotc
Member since 2004 • 3986 Posts
Who feels bad they can't afford them... I can afford 10 PS3's and I still won't get one until the games and price justify a purchase.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...Spartan070

I dunno, I grew up in Hudson Heights, NY. I've seen some bad stuff in places like Washington Heights, Harlem and Clinton...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...TekkenMaster606

I dunno, I grew up in Hudson Heights, NY. I've seen some bad stuff in places like Washington Heights, Harlem and Clinton...

It's all cool:P Just joshing with you.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]People that say "$600 is nothing" really tick me off...Spartan070

It's all cool:P Just joshing with you.

Yeah, but I've heard the stories about South Philly. Kind of like Brockton, MA I would assume. (South Boston, you watched The Departed, right? :D )...

SIP_YEK_NOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SIP_YEK_NOD
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts

Thanks for your concern :wink:, but I'm not planning on going the business route. It's either law or graduate school for me.

I can respect that, but from my experiences, law is a dead end. I took a year or pre-law with a sociology major, and dropped out. 7 years and $50k+ to work as an underling in a law office for 20 years before making partner and finally making a decent paycheck just didn't interest me. the amount of people with the knowledge going into law for the big paycheck(i was one of them) instead of going into medicine to benefit society is astounding.

I did computer work for a law office while i was in school, and got a chance to talk with some of the lawyers there, only 3 of the 8 (the 3 partners)were making >50k/yr. the average salary for a lawyer is only like 80k/yr US with the partners at most large practices throwing that curve off making upwards of 500k/year themselves. right now between 2 jobs, ~65 hrs a week, i am making more than 80k/yr with $35k spent(work vehicle) and 0 years invested in education. as it stands now, i am 7 years and at least 20 grand ahead of the average lawyer.not to mention there is little to no competition for my job, which is more than what can be said for the law proffesion in the upcoming years.

but still, that doesn't change the fact that poly science and philosophy have very few applications without further education, which is both time, and money consuming.

**disclaimer** these statements were made assuming the education is being paid for by the person being educated. if scholarships are involved, good work. if mommy and daddy are paying for everything, **** yourself with a shovel

As for fanboyism with money taken out of the equasion, of course there is still going to be fanboyism, fanboyism is 60% based in ignorance the poor but informed will eventually get all the systems, the rich but ignorant will still only go for one. I have all 3, both handhelds and a gaming PC. I can play any game that comes out, and am not limited by ignorance, for i am a gamer.

edit: formatting went nuts there, fixed
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
[QUOTE="SIP_YEK_NOD"]

I can respect that, but from my experiences, law is a dead end. I took a year or pre-law with a sociology major, and dropped out. 7 years and $50k+ to work as an underling in a law office for 20 years before making partner and finally making a decent paycheck just didn't interest me. the amount of people with the knowledge going into law for the big paycheck(i was one of them) instead of going into medicine to benefit society is astounding.

I did computer work for a law office while i was in school, and got a chance to talk with some of the lawyers there, only 3 of the 8 (the 3 partners)were making >50k/yr. the average salary for a lawyer is only like 80k/yr US with the partners at most large practices throwing that curve off making upwards of 500k/year themselves. right now between 2 jobs, ~65 hrs a week, i am making more than 80k/yr with $35k spent(work vehicle) and 0 years invested in education. as it stands now, i am 7 years and at least 50 grand ahead of the average lawyer.not to mention there is little to no competition for my job, which is more than what can be said for the law proffesion in the upcoming years.

but still, that doesn't change the fact that poly science and philosophy have very few applications without further education, which is both time, and money consuming.

**disclaimer** these statements were made assuming the education is being paid for by the person being educated. if scholarships are involved, good work. if mommy and daddy are paying for everything, **** yourself with a shovel

As for fanboyism with money taken out of the equasion, of course there is still going to be fanboyism, fanboyism is 60% based in ignorance the poor but informed will eventually get all the systems, the rich but ignorant will still only go for one. I have all 3, both handhelds and a gaming PC. I can play any game that comes out, and am not limited by ignorance, for i am a gamer.

I'm sure your dropping out had nothing to do with law being a dead end (and sociology? Come on, that's the like bastard stepchild of psychology, which in turn is like a condensed version of neuroscience). For those of us who maintain a stellar GPA and rape the LSAT, we can look forward to the 100% rate of hire for Duke School of Law graduates.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Yes the insanely rich would buy any console despite any of them being crap.. I don't think that makes them fanboys  unless they like 1 of the consoles for some silly reason... I dunno... .. they'd also buy a £3000 alienware PC and a frikkin mac.. 
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fuzzysquash
[QUOTE="SIP_YEK_NOD"]

I did computer work for a law office while i was in school, and got a chance to talk with some of the lawyers there, only 3 of the 8 (the 3 partners)were making >50k/yr. the average salary for a lawyer is only like 80k/yr US with the partners at most large practices throwing that curve off making upwards of 500k/year themselves. right now between 2 jobs, ~65 hrs a week, i am making more than 80k/yr with $35k spent(work vehicle) and 0 years invested in education. as it stands now, i am 7 years and at least 20 grand ahead of the average lawyer.not to mention there is little to no competition for my job, which is more than what can be said for the law proffesion in the upcoming years.

edit: formatting went nuts there, fixed

Well, thanks for sharing your experiences.

But did it ever occur to you that I might be studying political science and philosophy because I enjoy studying those subjects? That I study them for more than the prospect of future monetary gain?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070

But did it ever occur to you that I might be studying political science and philosophy because I enjoy studying those subjects? That I study them for more than the prospect of future monetary gain?
fuzzysquash

Thank you!  That's all people care about these days, so many visionaries(sp) don't live out there potential because they don't see immeadiate fianancial wealth down that path.  Always do what you love.:)

dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
Insanely rich people would buy them all out of spite for everyone elsenyoroism
Thats kinda where I stand. Except I'm not insanely rich. I wouldn't qualify for rich status. But I can curtainly afford all the systems. And I'm not a fanboy. Maybe a fan-man? But I wanted a PS3 eventually because of MGS, but when I got a chance to get one for cheaper it was to good to pass up. Now anytime I'm around friends that care about that kinda thing, I always seem to mention my PS3... And my 360... And my Wii... I'm so evil.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Not sure what you're trying to say, but okay:|
Codename33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Codename33
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts

I'm pretty sure Bill Gates is.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
With a name like GhettoTaxi.......
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I don't see what u did thar.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Ahhh... Tekken, Tekken, Tekken. My old advisary. You use to be one of the most "pronounced" cows on the forums. Though you picked up the 360, you still kept that "elitist" attitude about you. For what its worth I can afford a PS3 easily. I have owned one (with the intent to sell only) and from my 30+ game library its obvious I can afford the PS3, I just refuse to purchase it till some "modifications" are made to it. RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!