Infamous SS still kills Ryse even at 1080p

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

On a pure technical level Infamous is still doing much more such as gpu particles, open world, 11million polygons, 120k poly for Delsin vs 85k poly for Marius, indirect lighting and reflection and of course more destructible environment objects. Foliage do look pretty good in Ryse tho. But man the lighting in Infamous is just superior be it higher precision or more volumetric. See for yourself.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Haven't played Ryse but it's a fine looking game. Platinumed Infamous and it's also a fine looking game. Not bothered which is better looking to be honest.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Considering how Ryse Son of 4/10 is more linear than Call of Duty, yes im pretty sure Infamous SS is more impressive in every single way.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Infamous is gorgeous. Ryse looks gorgeous from screenshots. Wish I could compare them but don't have an Xbox One

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

I was wondering when you were gonna make another thread.

Off to hundreds of posts!

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@gpuking:

This is clearly a reply to the http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ryse-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphi-31478481/#366 thread. Should have been posted their, but you obviously wanted attention. You even posted numerous times in the other thread. That one Award really pissed you off so much, that you had to make an absolutely worthless thread to do damage control.

Both games play like shit but look great. However, is it your opinion that Infamous looks better or is it proven? For example, do you have a link to a website of a company with credibility that claims Infamous looks better visually? Digital Foundry still proclaims Ryse as having the best visuals.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Watching them both in motion, I prefer the look of Ryse. The gameplay may be mediocre but damn it's real pretty.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gpuking

@geniobastardo

As in Ryse at 1080p, because these are PC shots of Ryse just released today.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gpuking

@gamersjustgame

How about use your own eyes for real credibility? You're the type who believes government never lies right?

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamersJustGame

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

How about use your own eyes for real credibility? You're the type who believes government never lies right?

I have played both. Ryse looks better. Most tech experts agree.......

So again, why couldn't this have ben posted in the other topic?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Oh boy, photo mode comparison threads. Is this about ryse winning that award TC? If this is about resolution, so, when pc runs it at 4K, will that be ok?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gpuking

The other thread is about the console version, this is the PC version here. But do describe how Ryse looks better then?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Isn't Ryse 900P native on XOne? If so, and if you you didn't feel it fared well against Infamous then(Im just assuming based on your OP, when you say even at 1080p) I don't think a small bump in resolution would make any difference in this comparison......but at 1440P the differences between the two would be more pronounced, that comparison will be more interesting for me.

Infamous looks great in there but at the same time it's 2 completely different art styles, I'm having a hard time seeing which is better, they both look great.....I would have to see Infamous in motion.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GamersJustGame

@gpuking said:

The other thread is about the console version, this is the PC version here. But do describe how Ryse looks better then?

Nope, The other thread is about Ryse period. Not PC or X1 versions. You simply got butt-hurt over a meaningless award and decided you would make a topic about your even more meaningless opinion in hopes to round up the cow troops. Do you have anything to back up your claim or just your worthless opinion?

This topic should clearly be locked. It is obviously a reply to the other thread.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Just finished infamous ss, man its alot better than i expected, it sucks that the campaign felt quite short though

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

well according to my 'own eyes' and not using the Screens you cherry picked to make ryse look worse than it is, Ryse actually looks better than infamous it's just blatantly obvious that infamous SS is the better game in absolutely every other area,

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

Yeah i can do that do...lol Best graphics evah.....

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

One problem. Infamous:SS can come off as rather cartoonish while Ryse mimics the real world. That's why most people tend to think Ryse looks better.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tormentos
@delta3074 said:

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

well according to my 'own eyes' and not using the Screens you cherry picked to make ryse look worse than it is, Ryse actually looks better than infamous it's just blatantly obvious that infamous SS is the better game in absolutely every other area,

Yeah just like Gears 3 was better looking that Uncharted 3 right.?

The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.

Even so Infamous is 1080p 30+ FPS,Ryse is 900p with drops into the teens.

Ryse on PS4 would be 1080p and probably have better IQ to,there is nothing the xbox one do that the PS4 can't do faster.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

When you enjoy the world's most powerful video game console like SONY and the PS4 IS, it's no wonder.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Crysis 3 looks better.

itdoes

@bldgirsh said:

Lol photo mode.

This, too.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

The difference is, on the ISS picture everything is standing still. Ryse picture everything is in movement, nice try trollmentos

Well Infamous is a true exclusive, Ryse is not so the point is mute and SONY wins again for best looking exclusive.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delta3074

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

Yeah just like Gears 3 was better looking that Uncharted 3 right.?

The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.

Even so Infamous is 1080p 30+ FPS,Ryse is 900p with drops into the teens.

Ryse on PS4 would be 1080p and probably have better IQ to,there is nothing the xbox one do that the PS4 can't do faster.

No, i always said that UC3 was better looking than gears 3 but not by a groundbreaking amount and that Killzone 3 looks better than UC3 imo, you have a really bad memory dude

i suggest you go back and check my posting history

'The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.'

That means nothing when we are talking about what we 'SEE with our eyes dude' like a already stated , Infamous SS i a better game in absolutely EVERY other area.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Superior FPS wins over all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68

@FastRobby said:

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

The difference is, on the ISS picture everything is standing still. Ryse picture everything is in movement, nice try trollmentos

Well Infamous is a true exclusive, Ryse is not so the point is mute and SONY wins again for best looking exclusive.

Hahaha, sure, if that's the way cows want to look at it

Well I'm a manticore. Is Ryse and Exclusive, yes or no? Besides being a 4/10 Ryse Son of Knack game that is. Infamous is 2X better game overall according to GS. Now it's not exclusive? Guess I have to sell my copy of Ryse now :(

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Well i don't know what screen you are looking at but on the one i posted nothing is moving..hahahahaa

@delta3074 said:

No, i always said that UC3 was better looking than gears 3 but not by a groundbreaking amount and that Killzone 3 looks better than UC3 imo, you have a really bad memory dude

'The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.'

That means nothing when we are talking about what we 'SEE with our eyes dude' like a already stated , Infamous SS i a better game in absolutely EVERY other area.

Check you posting history have you forgot you debated it with me.? Your pal Sts106mats to..

I am not talking about which is better,but which look better GPUking is right Infamous is doing way more than Ryse is.

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, sure, if that's the way cows want to look at it

Actually the way i look at is that if Ryse was on PS4 it would be 1080p with higher frames to..lol

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Lol photo mode.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Well i don't know what screen you are looking at but on the one i posted nothing is moving..hahahahaa

@delta3074 said:

Check you posting history have you forgot you debated it with me.? Your pal Sts106mats to..

I

i don't need to dude, i remember the thread because you posted shots showing how crap Gears 3 fire effects where when viewed close up, i KNOW i stated UC3 was 'marginally' better looking than Gears 3, gears 3 had too many jaggies.

i did however state that i felt gears 3 shooting mechanics where far superior to UC3's and i stand by that statement.

If YOU check my posting history then you would see that i am telling the truth.

The only argument we had that day is because you thought it looked 'vastly' better than gears 3 and i only thought it looked 'marginally' better ,lol

Water off a ducks back anyway dude:)

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

SIGGRAPH says no. Not that you'd need the authority on video game graphics to know that a gpuking thread is full of fanboy bullshit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heil68

@FastRobby said:

@Heil68 said:

Well I'm a manticore. Is Ryse and Exclusive, yes or no? Besides being a 4/10 Ryse Son of Knack game that is. Infamous is 2X better game overall according to GS. Now it's not exclusive? Guess I have to sell my copy of Ryse now :(

As if I'm going into this discussion, also this was about visuals, who cares Infamous got MC=80, and Ryse MC=60, which is btw only a difference of 33%, and not 100%.

Well by golly going by GS scores it is!

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

This is how the game looks without photo mode, cows use this picture next time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68

@Stringerboy:

3 howling wolf manticore...AWWWW YEAHHHHH

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@gpuking:

SS developer Sees Ryse behind closed doors at E3 13' : How the **** are you doing that?

Crysis: We're th3 graphics fucking masters son.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

Yes it does, but this thread screams insecure

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By B4X

@Chutebox said:

Yes it does, but this thread screams insecure

When It wins an award. Tell me.

Good game last night for the Skins. Any injuries :\?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@gamersjustgame said:

@gpuking:

This is clearly a reply to the http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ryse-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphi-31478481/#366 thread. Should have been posted their, but you obviously wanted attention. You even posted numerous times in the other thread. That one Award really pissed you off so much, that you had to make an absolutely worthless thread to do damage control.

Both games play like shit but look great. However, is it your opinion that Infamous looks better or is it proven? For example, do you have a link to a website of a company with credibility that claims Infamous looks better visually? Digital Foundry still proclaims Ryse as having the best visuals.

The highlighted line is the truth in 8 words.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

I don't think anyone is denying this.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

@b4x: If they were special guests they would have won. :/ No injuries Thankfully

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@amazonangry: If the ceasar was here. I'd bet even he would see the BS of GPUking.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

That Foliage on Ryse looks better than Infamous's Foliage.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@bldgirsh: Your Caesar agrees with you, citizen.

Carry on. :->

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 B4X

@Chutebox said:

@b4x: If they were special guests they would have won. :/ No injuries Thankfully

I hope the Bears stay clean tonight.

If?