Infamous SS still kills Ryse even at 1080p

• 110 results
#1 Edited by gpuking (2761 posts) -

On a pure technical level Infamous is still doing much more such as gpu particles, open world, 11million polygons, 120k poly for Delsin vs 85k poly for Marius, indirect lighting and reflection and of course more destructible environment objects. Foliage do look pretty good in Ryse tho. But man the lighting in Infamous is just superior be it higher precision or more volumetric. See for yourself.

#2 Edited by DocSanchez (1562 posts) -

Haven't played Ryse but it's a fine looking game. Platinumed Infamous and it's also a fine looking game. Not bothered which is better looking to be honest.

#3 Posted by silversix_ (14058 posts) -

Considering how Ryse Son of 4/10 is more linear than Call of Duty, yes im pretty sure Infamous SS is more impressive in every single way.

#4 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

what do you mean even at 1080p?

#5 Edited by Blabadon (25910 posts) -

Infamous is gorgeous. Ryse looks gorgeous from screenshots. Wish I could compare them but don't have an Xbox One

#6 Edited by freedomfreak (39125 posts) -

I was wondering when you were gonna make another thread.

Off to hundreds of posts!

#7 Edited by GamersJustGame (196 posts) -

@gpuking:

This is clearly a reply to the http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ryse-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphi-31478481/#366 thread. Should have been posted their, but you obviously wanted attention. You even posted numerous times in the other thread. That one Award really pissed you off so much, that you had to make an absolutely worthless thread to do damage control.

Both games play like shit but look great. However, is it your opinion that Infamous looks better or is it proven? For example, do you have a link to a website of a company with credibility that claims Infamous looks better visually? Digital Foundry still proclaims Ryse as having the best visuals.

#8 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26102 posts) -

Watching them both in motion, I prefer the look of Ryse. The gameplay may be mediocre but damn it's real pretty.

#9 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

@geniobastardo

As in Ryse at 1080p, because these are PC shots of Ryse just released today.

#10 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@geniobastardo

As in Ryse at 1080p, because these are PC shots of Ryse just released today.

oh ! don't worry. Modders are on their way. Make way for the modders!

#11 Edited by gpuking (2761 posts) -

@gamersjustgame

How about use your own eyes for real credibility? You're the type who believes government never lies right?

#12 Posted by GamersJustGame (196 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

How about use your own eyes for real credibility? You're the type who believes government never lies right?

I have played both. Ryse looks better. Most tech experts agree.......

So again, why couldn't this have ben posted in the other topic?

#13 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1313 posts) -

Oh boy, photo mode comparison threads. Is this about ryse winning that award TC? If this is about resolution, so, when pc runs it at 4K, will that be ok?

#14 Posted by gpuking (2761 posts) -

The other thread is about the console version, this is the PC version here. But do describe how Ryse looks better then?

#15 Edited by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

#16 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2729 posts) -

Isn't Ryse 900P native on XOne? If so, and if you you didn't feel it fared well against Infamous then(Im just assuming based on your OP, when you say even at 1080p) I don't think a small bump in resolution would make any difference in this comparison......but at 1440P the differences between the two would be more pronounced, that comparison will be more interesting for me.

Infamous looks great in there but at the same time it's 2 completely different art styles, I'm having a hard time seeing which is better, they both look great.....I would have to see Infamous in motion.

#17 Edited by GamersJustGame (196 posts) -

@gpuking said:

The other thread is about the console version, this is the PC version here. But do describe how Ryse looks better then?

Nope, The other thread is about Ryse period. Not PC or X1 versions. You simply got butt-hurt over a meaningless award and decided you would make a topic about your even more meaningless opinion in hopes to round up the cow troops. Do you have anything to back up your claim or just your worthless opinion?

This topic should clearly be locked. It is obviously a reply to the other thread.

#18 Edited by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

I have both, ryse looks better. Delsin looks like he walked out of Madame Tussauds.

ryse for me is also more enjoyable, i Don't like games with super powers

#19 Posted by j_assassin (896 posts) -

Just finished infamous ss, man its alot better than i expected, it sucks that the campaign felt quite short though

#20 Posted by delta3074 (17883 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

well according to my 'own eyes' and not using the Screens you cherry picked to make ryse look worse than it is, Ryse actually looks better than infamous it's just blatantly obvious that infamous SS is the better game in absolutely every other area,

#21 Edited by tormentos (17069 posts) -

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

Yeah i can do that do...lol Best graphics evah.....

#22 Posted by Kjranu (917 posts) -

One problem. Infamous:SS can come off as rather cartoonish while Ryse mimics the real world. That's why most people tend to think Ryse looks better.

#23 Edited by tormentos (17069 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

well according to my 'own eyes' and not using the Screens you cherry picked to make ryse look worse than it is, Ryse actually looks better than infamous it's just blatantly obvious that infamous SS is the better game in absolutely every other area,

Yeah just like Gears 3 was better looking that Uncharted 3 right.?

The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.

Even so Infamous is 1080p 30+ FPS,Ryse is 900p with drops into the teens.

Ryse on PS4 would be 1080p and probably have better IQ to,there is nothing the xbox one do that the PS4 can't do faster.

#24 Posted by Heil68 (43435 posts) -

When you enjoy the world's most powerful video game console like SONY and the PS4 IS, it's no wonder.

#25 Edited by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

Crysis 3 looks better.

it does

@bldgirsh said:

Lol photo mode.

This, too.

#26 Posted by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

The difference is, on the ISS picture everything is standing still. Ryse picture everything is in movement, nice try trollmentos

#27 Posted by Heil68 (43435 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

The difference is, on the ISS picture everything is standing still. Ryse picture everything is in movement, nice try trollmentos

Well Infamous is a true exclusive, Ryse is not so the point is mute and SONY wins again for best looking exclusive.

#28 Posted by delta3074 (17883 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@gpuking said:

@gamersjustgame

Yeah just like Gears 3 was better looking that Uncharted 3 right.?

The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.

Even so Infamous is 1080p 30+ FPS,Ryse is 900p with drops into the teens.

Ryse on PS4 would be 1080p and probably have better IQ to,there is nothing the xbox one do that the PS4 can't do faster.

No, i always said that UC3 was better looking than gears 3 but not by a groundbreaking amount and that Killzone 3 looks better than UC3 imo, you have a really bad memory dude

i suggest you go back and check my posting history

'The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.'

That means nothing when we are talking about what we 'SEE with our eyes dude' like a already stated , Infamous SS i a better game in absolutely EVERY other area.

#29 Posted by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

Well Infamous is a true exclusive, Ryse is not so the point is mute and SONY wins again for best looking exclusive.

Hahaha, sure, if that's the way cows want to look at it

#30 Posted by LustForSoul (5843 posts) -

Superior FPS wins over all.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (43435 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

Well I'm a manticore. Is Ryse and Exclusive, yes or no? Besides being a 4/10 Ryse Son of Knack game that is. Infamous is 2X better game overall according to GS. Now it's not exclusive? Guess I have to sell my copy of Ryse now :(

#32 Edited by tormentos (17069 posts) -

Well i don't know what screen you are looking at but on the one i posted nothing is moving..hahahahaa

No, i always said that UC3 was better looking than gears 3 but not by a groundbreaking amount and that Killzone 3 looks better than UC3 imo, you have a really bad memory dude

'The 2 games should not even be compare Ryse is enclosed crap which target high quality graphics over a small area,Infamous is a big ass open world game and still Infamous look better,the only think i dare say look better in Ryse is the main characters because even the enemies are not that great.'

That means nothing when we are talking about what we 'SEE with our eyes dude' like a already stated , Infamous SS i a better game in absolutely EVERY other area.

Check you posting history have you forgot you debated it with me.? Your pal Sts106mats to..

I am not talking about which is better,but which look better GPUking is right Infamous is doing way more than Ryse is.

Actually the way i look at is that if Ryse was on PS4 it would be 1080p with higher frames to..lol

#33 Posted by BldgIrsh (1595 posts) -

Lol photo mode.

#34 Posted by delta3074 (17883 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Well i don't know what screen you are looking at but on the one i posted nothing is moving..hahahahaa

@delta3074 said:

Check you posting history have you forgot you debated it with me.? Your pal Sts106mats to..

I

i don't need to dude, i remember the thread because you posted shots showing how crap Gears 3 fire effects where when viewed close up, i KNOW i stated UC3 was 'marginally' better looking than Gears 3, gears 3 had too many jaggies.

i did however state that i felt gears 3 shooting mechanics where far superior to UC3's and i stand by that statement.

If YOU check my posting history then you would see that i am telling the truth.

The only argument we had that day is because you thought it looked 'vastly' better than gears 3 and i only thought it looked 'marginally' better ,lol

Water off a ducks back anyway dude:)

#35 Posted by Snugenz (11815 posts) -

SIGGRAPH says no. Not that you'd need the authority on video game graphics to know that a gpuking thread is full of fanboy bullshit.

#36 Posted by FastRobby (1245 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well I'm a manticore. Is Ryse and Exclusive, yes or no? Besides being a 4/10 Ryse Son of Knack game that is. Infamous is 2X better game overall according to GS. Now it's not exclusive? Guess I have to sell my copy of Ryse now :(

As if I'm going into this discussion, also this was about visuals, who cares Infamous got MC=80, and Ryse MC=60, which is btw only a difference of 33%, and not 100%.

#37 Edited by Heil68 (43435 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

As if I'm going into this discussion, also this was about visuals, who cares Infamous got MC=80, and Ryse MC=60, which is btw only a difference of 33%, and not 100%.

Well by golly going by GS scores it is!

#38 Edited by speedfog (3037 posts) -

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

This is how the game looks without photo mode, cows use this picture next time.

#39 Edited by Stringerboy (6948 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:

@Heil68 said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

That cow insecurity...

Wow amazing graphics...

#40 Posted by Heil68 (43435 posts) -
#41 Posted by B4X (3564 posts) -

@gpuking:

SS developer Sees Ryse behind closed doors at E3 13' : How the fuck are you doing that?

Crysis: We're th3 graphics fucking masters son.

#42 Posted by Chutebox (36581 posts) -

Yes it does, but this thread screams insecure

#43 Edited by B4X (3564 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Yes it does, but this thread screams insecure

When It wins an award. Tell me.

Good game last night for the Skins. Any injuries :\?

#44 Posted by SUD123456 (4411 posts) -

@gpuking:

This is clearly a reply to the http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ryse-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphi-31478481/#366 thread. Should have been posted their, but you obviously wanted attention. You even posted numerous times in the other thread. That one Award really pissed you off so much, that you had to make an absolutely worthless thread to do damage control.

Both games play like shit but look great. However, is it your opinion that Infamous looks better or is it proven? For example, do you have a link to a website of a company with credibility that claims Infamous looks better visually? Digital Foundry still proclaims Ryse as having the best visuals.

The highlighted line is the truth in 8 words.

#45 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

I don't think anyone is denying this.

#46 Edited by Chutebox (36581 posts) -

@b4x: If they were special guests they would have won. :/ No injuries Thankfully

#47 Posted by BldgIrsh (1595 posts) -

@amazonangry: If the ceasar was here. I'd bet even he would see the BS of GPUking.

#48 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

That Foliage on Ryse looks better than Infamous's Foliage.

#49 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@bldgirsh: Your Caesar agrees with you, citizen.

Carry on. :->

#50 Posted by B4X (3564 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x: If they were special guests they would have won. :/ No injuries Thankfully

I hope the Bears stay clean tonight.

If?