Infamous SS new footage

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ac3igODVU&feature=youtu.be

Also a bunch of new previews on various sites, the embargo lifted this morning. The embargo for MLB the show also lifts today

#2 Edited by Nengo_Flow (8777 posts) -

Gameplay looks worst than the previous Infamous games, 6/10 confirmed

#3 Posted by Zassimick (5987 posts) -

I just beat inFamous 2 a week or two ago; fun game but definitely had its problems. Second Son is looking like a nice improvement over the previous entries so hopefully it's a more enjoyable game.

#4 Posted by Desmonic (10333 posts) -

You're welcome TC.

Looks nice. Some solid gameplay in there.

#5 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -
#6 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

The powers near the end look fun!

#7 Edited by lglz1337 (1767 posts) -

solid lol @ryse and DR3

infamous SS best looking console game confirmed

#8 Posted by Tighaman (612 posts) -

looks great hopefully they can put some shadows on the people stop that clipping on the sidewalks I've seen that twice as he has to step up on the sidewalk and more npc variety, but neon powers and going bad looks great cant wait to watch someone play it.

#9 Posted by Desmonic (10333 posts) -
#10 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: weird. Everyone that actually played the game said it looked amazing. I guess ill take your word for it.

#11 Posted by bobbetybob (18838 posts) -

Still looks boring to me, every gameplay video makes me less and less interested in picking this up whenever I get a PS4. I wasn't a huge fan of the other infamous games though so I can see why people who loved those games would be excited for this.

#12 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

Looking good so far, it is nice to see the new levels and powers in play

#13 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2182 posts) -

System seller tbh.

This and GZ means it's going to be an expensive March. :(

#14 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Watched the first minute or so until they started talking about Fetch. Spoilers!!!

Anyways, jesus, game looks phenomenal and incredibly fun. Which is weird because inFamous always looked boring on youtube videos but really fun when you were actually playing the games.

#15 Edited by Sweenix (5095 posts) -

Fvuck off

#16 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (2555 posts) -

Yeah, looks good.

#17 Posted by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

I'm starting to believe this game is the kinda game you'd have to PLAY in order to understand WHY this game is (going to be) great.

Nonetheless, i'm excited for this game. Extremely excited. Judging by the preview videos, this is the kind of game where executing a certain kind of move, or type of play style and seeing it all come together into one big giant particle effect explosion makes the game fun.

I can't believe there's still a little more than a month to get my hands on this game.

#18 Edited by MlauTheDaft (2736 posts) -

I wonder who will get to review it.

Kevin has already mused a little about Fetch having a shallow personality, so I expect it'll be AA at best d it's him or Mcshea.

#19 Edited by Gue1 (8082 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

looks great hopefully they can put some shadows on the people stop that clipping on the sidewalks I've seen that twice as he has to step up on the sidewalk and more npc variety, but neon powers and going bad looks great cant wait to watch someone play it.

didn't notice it at first but it's true, the gameplay has no shadows!

#20 Posted by Gue1 (8082 posts) -

let's be honest, it looks exactly the same only prettier now.

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (8777 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: weird. Everyone that actually played the game said it looked amazing. I guess ill take your word for it.

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Fvuck off

OMG Nengo Flow has an opinion I dont like! The hell with him, he cant have an opinion that doesnt praise the game im looking forward to buying.

Banned him! Banned him for life I say!

#22 Edited by Desmonic (10333 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Still looks boring to me, every gameplay video makes me less and less interested in picking this up whenever I get a PS4. I wasn't a huge fan of the other infamous games though so I can see why people who loved those games would be excited for this.

Eh, I always regarded them as an "open world superhero/supervillain" game. The first one actually had a cool story and plot-twist, the second one wasn't as strong story-wise but it was better in every other regard (more powers, better powers, better world, better graphics, etc).

If people approach this series with a mindset of trying to be an ambiguous character (a mix of good and evil) they won't enjoy it much, since you end up much weaker than just following a fixed path and don't get to see the full extent of your actions. It's a shame they don't allow for it, but it is what it is.

As far as gameplay goes, yeah the early parts are somewhat boring since you neither have that many powers yet nor do you have big area missions with proper enemies (just the grunt level enemies). Usually by the 2nd half of the game is when things really get fun, with proper foes and having to travel and fight throughout the city. IMO those were always the best missions and Infamous 2 in particular made good use of them.

#23 Edited by Sweenix (5095 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Fvuck off

OMG Nengo Flow has an opinion I dont like! The hell with him, he cant have an opinion that doesnt praise the game im looking forward to buying.

Banned him! Banned him for life I say!

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, it's just you are trying to perceive your opinion as fact. Just because you don't like it, that doesn't make it a 6/10 game.

By the way. You have been saying this game is a 6/10 in every infamous thread, which leads me to believe you're doing nothing more then trolling, and if you really don't like the game, then fvuck off and don't comment in an infamous thread.

#24 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: its not an opinion, its factually wrong.

#25 Edited by cooolio (267 posts) -

I never bothered buying infamous 1 or 2 because the demo for 2 seemed suggest that you had shallow side missions in a world that you were not really able to interact without outside of combat. However, the fact that your neon powers give you a choice of killing enemies with a head shot or stopping them non lethally with a shot in the leg is the kind of thing i like in a video game. And i love the Neon Blade.

#26 Edited by darkangel115 (774 posts) -

looks like a worse version of this game

#27 Posted by blackace (18466 posts) -

I haven't played it, but the gameplay does still look amazing. Day One for me. I was hyping this over KZ:SF. I hope it scores well. Sucks that The Order 1886 and Drive Club were delayed.

Going to have a great March with Infamous SS, Titanfall & SP: The Stick of Truth.

#28 Posted by Tqricardinho (332 posts) -

Are you insane?

#29 Posted by da_illest101 (7329 posts) -

So far all we I saw was improvement in graphics, but not much of anything else. I hope the platforming is as good as the previous two games

#30 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1246 posts) -

@blackace: I don't think the order was ever delayed

#31 Posted by darkangel115 (774 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

I haven't played it, but the gameplay does still look amazing. Day One for me. I was hyping this over KZ:SF. I hope it scores well. Sucks that The Order 1886 and Drive Club were delayed.

Going to have a great March with Infamous SS, Titanfall & SP: The Stick of Truth.

South park I'm just gonna get for PC since i don't use my 360 or PS3 anymore. But i'll wait till its on ale. it'll probably suck but i love that south park humor. Infamous is a no go for me. Looks boring, graphics are nice though. Titanfall is day 1 for me on X1

#32 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Actually looks way more boring than I thought it would. And not quite the graphical leap I was expecting.

#33 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23172 posts) -

can't wait to play it.

infamous was my fav sony shooter last gen by a mile.

#34 Posted by darkangel115 (774 posts) -

can't wait to play it.

I don't think anyone would call it a shooter. more of an 3rd person action game

#35 Posted by lamprey263 (21022 posts) -

game graphically looks nice, but the gameplay looks booooring

OMG can the player even die? how someone plays the game seems of little or no consequence

#36 Posted by Jankarcop (7984 posts) -

doens't look next gen

#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4602 posts) -

This is the prettiest part of the game I have seen so far. Not too bad actually. BUT, the character model for the main characters face.........................................Dead cold stare. Looks horrible like he has downs.

#38 Posted by Desmonic (10333 posts) -

game graphically looks nice, but the gameplay looks booooring

OMG can the player even die? how someone plays the game seems of little or no consequence

It's either on God Mode or in Easy. The enemies barely attack and he takes little to no damage, those are obvious giveaways.

Infamous 2 was a bit annoying in that regard as you could die with some ease if you weren't being mindful of your surroundings.

#39 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23172 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

can't wait to play it.

I don't think anyone would call it a shooter. more of an 3rd person action game

if i spend the entire game shooting at a target reticle, throwing grenades and shooting rockets to me it's a shooter no matter if the bullets, grenades and rockets are made of of electricity.

if the entire game hinges on shooting, i don't see how anyone can call it anything but a shooter.

you can make the distinction "action" shooter or "adventure" shooter if you like but shooter all the same.

#40 Posted by Nengo_Flow (8777 posts) -

@blackace: I don't think the order was ever delayed

it wasnt but lems are trying to push the "Delaystation 4" propaganda

The Order was just set to be for 2014 since its announcements, then it was finally revealed to be fall 2014.

It never had a release window (now it does, fall 2014)

Some how announcing the time of season of the set year makes it a delay...... ?

#41 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7790 posts) -

I wonder who will get to review it.

Kevin has already mused a little about Fetch having a shallow personality, so I expect it'll be AA at best d it's him or Mcshea.

AA is an 8 right? That is my hype level right now. I'm a bit concern about how repetitive the side activities might be. That was a huge sore spot in inFAMOUS 2, but I didn't like GTA5 even though it has ton unique while did ACIV's repetitive activities. I'll just have to play it and see how it goes...Day 1.

#42 Posted by mems_1224 (44746 posts) -

Wow, those dudes in that video suck.

#43 Edited by silversix_ (12542 posts) -

Open world, stellar physics, impressive visuals even for pc standards, released that early in the generation. PRAISE THE SUN! Lemmings will be salivating for a game that runs at over 720p in 2014 while the rest will be playing games like this.

#44 Posted by Heil68 (40484 posts) -

Awwww yeahhhhhhhhh

Day fucking 1 :D

#45 Posted by sailor232 (4017 posts) -

I still think Sleeping Dogs looks better graphically, especially at night time and in the rain (PC of course). The gameplay looked extremely boring, but I liked Infamous 1 so I guess it's a game I would have to play to enjoy.

#46 Posted by I_can_haz (5686 posts) -

DR3 looks like a PS2 game next to this lolol. Best looking sandbox game confirmed.

#47 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8273 posts) -

The gameplay footage in this video looks fantastic. The mobility of the character looks amazingly fluid and satisfying. I can't wait for this game.

#48 Posted by jman1553 (1284 posts) -

@balfe1990: I see it like this. The game looks like a PS3 linear-game with particle effects and 1080p. If you compare it to an open world PS3 game, it's a totally different story.

#49 Edited by ProjectPat187 (1866 posts) -

The graphics look like its from the PS3, and the game play looks boring, looks like my PS4 will be collecting dust longer than I thought.

#50 Posted by TwistedShade (2982 posts) -

Graphics look like they've been downgraded, a lot of blurriness and some things look pretty dull.