inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@lostrib:

Didn't lose anything. Whenever someone asks for proof...there will never be enough for the asker to be satisfied...so as to save face. The game is the most awarded game in gaming history. Whether I show one source, or several, won't make the fact any more true. The industry proof. Owned.

System Wars voted TLOU as game of the gen. Community proof. Owned.

Stay mad, and do continue to ask for proof. Those who do...are the most easily owned...and also shows everyone how insecure you are.

#152 Posted by lostrib (34331 posts) -

@lostrib:

Didn't lose anything. Whenever someone asks for proof...there will never be enough for the asker to be satisfied...so as to save face. The game is the most awarded game in gaming history. Whether I show one source, or several, won't make the fact any more true. The industry proof. Owned.

System Wars voted TLOU as game of the gen. Community proof. Owned.

Stay mad, and do continue to ask for proof. Those who do...are the most easily owned...and also shows everyone how insecure you are.

Not sure how a system wars poll can account for the total gaming community. Try again

And yes it is a fact that it is the most awarded game in history, does not make it a fact that it is the best game of last gen. Try again.

Owned. Done with you, noob

#153 Edited by speedfog (3037 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

lol cows and their cowardly 8.0 hype after hyping 2nd son to hell and back for months! lol at a cow trying his best to contain and minipulate cowardly hype thread!

Infamous' 8 >>>>> Titanfall's 7.

Just wanne quote ya for the ownage.

#154 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
#155 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

This is lame. Cows need to step up and hype their games! Go grab your members out of the Titanfall thread and lets wake this thread up!!!!! I'm predicting a 9 now since both Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 got 9's. The latest In Infamous videos have got me pretty pumped.

#156 Edited by lostrib (34331 posts) -
#157 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@lostrib: yes...You are right. You are done.

#158 Edited by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

lol cows and their cowardly 8.0 hype after hyping 2nd son to hell and back for months! lol at a cow trying his best to contain and minipulate cowardly hype thread!

Well done.

#159 Posted by silversix_ (14062 posts) -

AA? XD

All I've seen PS fans talk about over the last month is how this game is going to destroy the competition... Apparently, the Sony fanbase is in dire need of a pair of balls.

What competition exactly?

#160 Posted by Bazooka_4ME (2536 posts) -

I'll hype it a 9/10. If Titanfall can get a 9/10 with just a multiplayer, SS should get the same with just the singeplayer.

#161 Edited by nervmeister (15181 posts) -

@Bazooka_4ME:

What reviewers here will forgive in one review they'll bitch about in the next one. So don't be too sure.

#162 Posted by ajames_123 (2983 posts) -

Game looks a solid 8 AA from what i have seen.So AA is my hype.

Could be a 7 if the story is lacking or a 9 if story is good and the powers not showed off are cool. Wont know till a indepth review of full game.

#163 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Heart says AAA, head says AA.

I adore Sucker Punch games but they are usually AA.

#164 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I'm hyping it AAA, shitty GS reviews be damned. It will be AAA for me.

#165 Posted by countomally (537 posts) -

AA here. doesent matter what it gets. still buying day one.

#166 Edited by blackace (20249 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

Titanfall has a 9 score on GS. It was at 8.7 on Metacritics. Looks like GS got it about right this time. I've hyped Infamous as AAE, but we'll see how it does. I'll still be getting it no matter what score it gets.

#167 Posted by cainetao11 (16857 posts) -

I went AAA. Game looks like it will return the infamous name to the glory of the first game. It is the game that is making me want a PS4 NOW.

#168 Posted by picklesurprise (177 posts) -

AA here. doesent matter what it gets. still buying day one.

Day one bro.

Want to know the best day of my life? Hasn't happened yet. Going to be the first time I play Infamous Second fucking Son.

#169 Edited by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -

+1 pity bump. no one cares about infamous :(

Meanwhile, TItanfall has had a sticky for about a month now.

#170 Posted by lostrib (34331 posts) -

+1 pity bump. no one cares about infamous :(

Meanwhile, TItanfall has had a sticky for about a month now.

lol, titanfall has had like 5 sticky threads

#171 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I predict an 8. Curious to see PS fans not be so hyped for inFamous -- one of the biggest games to release on PS4 and only AA? y no confidence? :o

Gamespot gave one of the top 5 games last generation (TLOU) an 8...no confidence in their reviews. I think inFAMOUS SS will have a metascore of around 85.

Top five games? In your opinion?

There was no opinion about it. A game that scores more goty awards than any other game of the gen, garners its top spot.

GOTY awards are not indicative of anything other than it was considered, by a collection of opinions from the press, to be exceptional for in which the year it was considered. One game having more GOTYs than another in different time venues holds no weight in an argument, especially when one pushes forth the notion of "opinions" as fact. Silly bovine. They try so hard, it's cute.

#172 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: sure thing, bub. Guess nothing is indicative to anything then, right? Accept when it's a game you agree with.

Most awarded game in gaming history, and sw voted gotg. Cry more.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/24/the-last-of-us-is-the-most-awarded-game-in-history-by-critics/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-votes-the-last-of-us-the-greatest-game-29419074/

#173 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I predict an 8. Curious to see PS fans not be so hyped for inFamous -- one of the biggest games to release on PS4 and only AA? y no confidence? :o

Gamespot gave one of the top 5 games last generation (TLOU) an 8...no confidence in their reviews. I think inFAMOUS SS will have a metascore of around 85.

There was no opinion about it. A game that scores more goty awards than any other game of the gen, garners its top spot.

GOTY awards are not indicative of anything other than it was considered, by a collection of opinions from the press, to be exceptional for in which the year it was considered. One game having more GOTYs than another in different time venues holds no weight in an argument, especially when one pushes forth the notion of "opinions" as fact. Silly bovine. They try so hard, it's cute.

TLOU is a Top 5 game of its generation. It is my opinion and the opinion of many others. It is all opinions in the end.

#174 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: sure thing, bub. Guess nothing is indicative to anything then, right? Accept when it's a game you agree with.

Most awarded game in gaming history, and sw voted gotg. Cry more.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/24/the-last-of-us-is-the-most-awarded-game-in-history-by-critics/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-votes-the-last-of-us-the-greatest-game-29419074/

In SW? Of course, it has been established over many years that "anarchy" reigns supreme in SystemWars. The only thing that is "supreme" is the word of Gamespot via the metagame. One would use common sense to overtly know that one game having more Game of the Year awards in a different year matters not, for it's not indicative of anything other than in that particular year it was exceptional compared to those amongst its ranks.

I'm not sure why you think I would "cry" over a silly notion that a game is "GOTG" -- it's pretty obvious in my eyes that Fallout New Vegas is the best game to release this generation. That's the beauty of subjectivity and opinions, we all have one.

Also, lol SW poll. That's cute.

#175 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

lmao lemmings. It's a 7 game with a few points bumped on because of manufactured hype. Now the servers have shit the bed. A classic EA launch.

#176 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

lmao lemmings. It's a 7 game with a few points bumped on because of manufactured hype. Now the servers have shit the bed. A classic EA launch.

lol nice damage control. now go back to eating crow scrub

#177 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

I'll stick to laughing at XBL shitting the bed. :)

#178 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Heart says AAA, head says AA.

I adore Sucker Punch games but they are usually AA.

This, this and this

I am a little worried about some design choices, but I know I will enjoy the game. It's one of those game that becomes much much more fun when you play it yourself.

#179 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

I'll stick to laughing at XBL shitting the bed. :)

xbl? what does that have to do with me? im all pc scrub, i dont have to pay some shitty subscription fee to microsoft or sony just to play multiplayer. try again kiddo.

#180 Posted by glimpus (2306 posts) -

#181 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

@glimpus said:

7.5 doesn't exist anymore. You can either go 8.0 or 7.0 :p

#182 Posted by glimpus (2306 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@glimpus said:

wow, shows how long i've been out of the game. :D

#183 Posted by Bigboi500 (29310 posts) -

Change my hype prediction to AAA preeze!

#184 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

Done :)

@glimpus said:

@Sweenix said:

@glimpus said:

wow, shows how long i've been out of the game. :D

It was a pretty recent change, so many people would have forgotten about it also :p

#185 Edited by Bigboi500 (29310 posts) -
#186 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Done :)

<3

:)

Also i have edited the OP with the tallies of each score

AAAA - Currently has 1 Vote

AAA - Currently has 17 votes

AA - Currently has 44 Votes

A - Currently has 17 votes

Below A - Currently has 1 vote

So, it's obvious this game will end up as an AA :p

#187 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8356 posts) -

It really looks and feels next-gen and those powers look like fun at first, however like Wasdie said, its gameplay will probably wear thin as the game progresses.

#188 Edited by kinectthedots (1613 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Nice circle jerk logic kiddo, and you contradict yourself in this very thread and make yourself sound desperate and lost.

"Curious to see PS fans not be so hyped for inFamous -- one of the biggest games to release on PS4 and only AA? y no confidence? :o"

now

"GOTY awards are not indicative of anything other than it was considered, by a collection of opinions from the press, to be exceptional for in which the year it was considered."

You can't have it both way Mr. troll mod, you know those "collection of opinions from the press" are actually video game review sites just like gamespot, but I like how you use the word "press" to make it seem like it has no affiliation to what we are talking about.

To put it in perspective, If VIDEO GAME REVIEW SITES collective opinion about which game is the best one of the ones they reviewed all year don't matter then it also follows thae logic that thie singular opinion about which game is A, AAA or whatever does not matter (YOUR contradicting fanboy argument) and if that is the case then get you ass out of this thread making is seem as if this GS review means anything.

You can't have a selective opinion about when "the media's opinion" (I.E. videogame review sites) mean anything and expect anyone to take you seriously.

So Video game review sites opinion about GOTY (best game of the ones that they considered the best AAA) don't mean anything but video game review sites individual opinon about games do? lol then get the hell out of here in this thread about the opinion of a singular press venue acting like it has any meaning.

*I await your reply which will surely have more contradictions and fanboy logic to try to challenge the fact that I exposed the tragic flaw in your argument*

#189 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Holy reaching hyperbole batman! How does questioning the hype confidence of PS fans in regards to infamous contradict the discussion of TLoU GotG opinion discussion? Furthermore, you're also not understanding the context in which using GOTY awards was used and my argument there in. Some serious foul ball out in the left field response!

#190 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

lol the DC,can't deal with the fact that it scored 9 and you got owned

#191 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

It's getting spanked by Dark Souls 2 and Towerfall. I can live with that. ;)

#192 Posted by speedfog (3037 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

He's having a hard time now.

#193 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

The fact that you need to find a way to "live with that" is the sad part. To think a game has caused you so much grief and that you need another game to score a certain amount so that you can feel better. What a sad pathetic life you must live.

#194 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

The fact that you need to find a way to "live with that" is the sad part. To think a game has caused you so much grief and that you need another game to score a certain amount so that you can feel better. What a sad pathetic life you must live.

EA needs to go away. It is a cancer on something that I enjoy. If their latest blunder means they make another quarterly loss, all the better. :)

#195 Posted by speedfog (3037 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

EA needs to go away. It is a cancer on something that I enjoy. If their latest blunder means they make another quarterly loss, all the better. :)

The problem for you is. EA will not go away, not now anyway. Hope you can deal with that.

#196 Posted by JVII (562 posts) -

Hyping A from what I've seen.

#197 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfog said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Rage010101 said:

Well done.

Well with the success of TitanFall, looks like you're gonna just have to live a life of being forever butthurt then. Stop suffering, get this godly game known as Titanfall, and live a life of enjoyment while playing the best game on the market.

#198 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

I think inFamous has a chance to impress the press because it's a very different game.

It's not a FPS. It's not a GTA clone. It allows tremendous freedom of movement and has a highly unique "powers" system.

I think it'll come down to gameplay and fun-factor. We know the graphics are amazing. That's not even an issue.

SP just has to prove the game has compelling/addictive gameplay and it'll be great.

#199 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

@speedfog said:

The problem for you is. EA will not go away, not now anyway. Hope you can deal with that.

Well with the success of TitanFall, looks like you're gonna just have to live a life of being forever butthurt then. Stop suffering, get this godly game known as Titanfall, and live a life of enjoyment while playing the best game on the market.

Wow, check out these cancer enablers. Lems confirmed for scum of the industry!

#200 Posted by Obviously_Right (5093 posts) -

Put me down for AAA Hype.

I think it'll get a 9.0