inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1751 Posted by MBirdy88 (7392 posts) -

Why are lemmings damage controlling Tituhfuhh's failure here? Don't you have another sticky for that?

Really impressed at the production quality of this game so far. Feels like a AAA game done on a AA budget.

Lol only in your head. "aa budget" 50 million is AA budget now... hahahahaha

#1752 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13883 posts) -

The graphics look amazing but the story is sort of meh.

It's not bad by any means just nothing new that we haven't seen already. 8/10 is a good score, a well deserved score and worth playing. Get it when it's like $40.

#1753 Edited by clyde46 (43987 posts) -

I am having a blast playing this. My light bar on my controller is blood red.

#1754 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Im really bummed how much this is like Infamous 2. It even has the same dumb side activities like killing musicians and protesters from Infamous 2. Gameplay looks mostly the same as well. At least it looks really good.

You make it sound like it's bad, although I know you don't intent to.

#1755 Edited by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

AND my LE has arrived!! my very first official PlayStation 4 game!!

i'll just stare at the boxart untill i get a PS4... lol

I still don't know why you're willing to spend money on an LE without actually buying the system

You have no idea how many times i've heard that question in the past week but sadly im a sucker for anything infamous or Sucker Punch related.. had to get the LE for the stuff it came with it ( especially the hat ).

this is the first time i ever bought a game without owning the console >_>

You did the right thing Star .... I would buy too, if I could find it in my location :D

That would distinguish true cows from fakers :P

#1756 Edited by kingtito (4794 posts) -
@MlauTheDaft said:

I just realized that the newest Infamous was also Mcshea'd, so that makes AA an amazing score.

So the MC average is 80 and it scored an 8 here yet some how it got Mcshea'd? Do you cows ever make any sense?

#1757 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@lostrib said:

...aren't all video games just sitting and wasting time?

That's exactly what I'm getting at lol. Telling someone else that wasting hours gaming (on a video game forum mind you lol), is just as dumb as someone trying to get on you for your high posts count. In otherwords, dumb and irrelevent.

#1758 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

...aren't all video games just sitting and wasting time?

Considering how vague and broad videogames can be I'd say no

Well I mean if we boil them down to just sitting there not earning any money, then they would be a waste of time.

But time I enjoyed wasting, isn't really wasted

Good point. It's dumb to say you're wasting time when you're messing around with your hobby. If we apply that same silly logic, eating, sleeping, watching tv, relaxing on the beach are all a waste of time because we're not making money doing those things lol.

#1759 Posted by handssss (1796 posts) -

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Im really bummed how much this is like Infamous 2. It even has the same dumb side activities like killing musicians and protesters from Infamous 2. Gameplay looks mostly the same as well. At least it looks really good.

yeah... i was REALLY hoping this game wouldn't be anything like the other infamous games I enjoyed. Shouldn't have given us superpowers.

Halo 5 better not have master chief killing aliens in it either. Mario Kart 8 should get rid of bananas.

#1760 Edited by silversix_ (13899 posts) -

getting this in an hours how are the graphics compared to KZ? (textures, jaggies, lighting n all of that)

#1761 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

The game is awesome to play and it looks gorgeous too. Definitely console graphics king and best looking open world game to date....

#1762 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat: That all applies to every game. He was tryng to use it as a way that infamous benefits from it but not tf. What he said, as usual, Is stupid

lol someone is pissy about Infamous flopping hard *queue the 50 alt accounts chutebox and most other sheens used to vote infamous AA instead of AAA so they could claim it didn't flop*

Also It is mysterious that with 48 positive reviews and 16 mixed reviews Infamous maintains a 80 on metaciritc yet titanfall with 58 postitive reviews and 2 mixed maintains 86, somehow the 2 mixed reviews completely cancel out the 3 over 90 scoring reviews titanfall got yet on infamous the 16 mixed reviews below 70 don't cancel out its 2 above 90 reviews.

The ratio is messed up and you know it, but you want to continue using metacritic so you don't say anything.

#1763 Posted by Animal-Mother (26380 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat: That all applies to every game. He was tryng to use it as a way that infamous benefits from it but not tf. What he said, as usual, Is stupid

lol someone is pissy about Infamous flopping hard *queue the 50 alt accounts chutebox and most other sheens used to vote infamous AA instead of AAA so they could claim it didn't flop*

Also It is mysterious that with 48 positive reviews and 16 mixed reviews Infamous maintains a 80 on metaciritc yet titanfall with 58 postitive reviews and 2 mixed maintains 86, somehow the 2 mixed reviews completely cancel out the 3 over 90 scoring reviews titanfall got yet on infamous the 16 mixed reviews below 70 don't cancel out its 2 above 90 reviews.

The ratio is messed up and you know it, but you want to continue using metacritic so you don't say anything.

Infamous 2 didn't flop. LOL

#1764 Edited by lostrib (33225 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Do you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?

#1765 Posted by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

yeah... i was REALLY hoping this game wouldn't be anything like the other infamous games I enjoyed. Shouldn't have given us superpowers.

Halo 5 better not have master chief killing aliens in it either. Mario Kart 8 should get rid of bananas.

If you enjoyed Infamous 2 you mus have some pretty shitty taste

#1766 Posted by Seabas989 (10036 posts) -

Tom scored it higher then Infamous 2.

Cows only hyped it an 8???

#1767 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

#1768 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2125 posts) -

Just got my copy today, as well as MGSV. Traded in the rest of my 360 games and got both for $50. Now hopefully I'll be able to pop it in tonight, if my Dark Souls addiction dies down a little.

#1769 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker: hard to believe you're a grown man and your saying shit like that.

#1770 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2125 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: I'm getting there sitting at about lvl 75ish and am up to the rotten boss. It's a good game and deserves it's praises. The only play is a lot better too. I've put about 20 which like you is a lot for me these days.

I at that point too, how have you been faring against The Rotten?

#1771 Posted by Animal-Mother (26380 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: I'm getting there sitting at about lvl 75ish and am up to the rotten boss. It's a good game and deserves it's praises. The only play is a lot better too. I've put about 20 which like you is a lot for me these days.

Absolutely terrible, F the gutter, the and black gulch

#1772 Posted by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

YOU WANNA GO BRO? Im in the mood for some burgers. Bring it cow!

#1773 Posted by granddogg (409 posts) -

the game plays pretty good gfx are good...but i care more about the gameplay...just beat the 1st boss with the big ass gun......

#1774 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Literally playing the game right now in the Gutter. I'm so OP though. +10 raw greatsword.

#1776 Posted by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

This game actually flopped. Cows underhyping it so if it gets AA they can say it met hype. This game has been hyped up and down these boards more feverishly than titanfall. BS that cows really believed it was an AA game.

Meanwhile cows are guilty of overhyping titanfall so that if it would've scored anything below 9, they would go crazy claiming ownage. Titanfall is a new IP with no single player and had it scored 8, that would've been very respectable and not a flop.

As it turned out everything backfired on the cows. Titanfall met their bs overhype AAA and infamous SS which they thought would score AAA fell down to their BS underhype handicap so they are now pretending that 8 respectable and met hype.

Bs, this game flopped like a giant pancake thrown off a cliff!

#1777 Edited by Animal-Mother (26380 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah sean, the gutters easy. I op'd my way through there with my black knight sword + nothing. Wait till you get to black gulch and rotten.

Edit: While I am saying the gutter is easy traversing it and finding your way is not

#1778 Posted by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

It's going to sell like a turd too because cows know the truth.

#1779 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2125 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Literally playing the game right now in the Gutter. I'm so OP though. +10 raw greatsword.

I will probably go try to get a better weapon, not really sure what it's at but I've only been using a mace. I don't mind Black Gulch at all, I roll away from all the poison statues. Just The Rotten giving me a hard time.

#1780 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

This game actually flopped. Cows underhyping it so if it gets AA they can say it met hype. This game has been hyped up and down these boards more feverishly than titanfall. BS that cows really believed it was an AA game.

Nice try but no, you fail. The game was hyped AA and got AA, end of story.

Man, you lems are pathetic with your damage control and crying. If you guys are damage controlling this hard for a SP game only God knows what you guys will do once ND show Uncharted 4.

:D More screens of this gorgeous game. The AA in this game is probably the best on consoles to date, very hard to spot jaggies when you're actually playing the game. It's a technical marvel, and makes me wonder what Santa Monica and Naughty Gods will be able to achieve with the PS4's hardware. It's a bit weird that an open world game is the new console graphics King, I don't think that's ever happened before lol....

#1781 Posted by Spartan070 (16326 posts) -

The game is awesome to play and it looks gorgeous too. Definitely console graphics king and best looking open world game to date....

Without question.

No more Ryse vs Killzone debate, Second Son has squashed all that.

#1782 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42583 posts) -

It's a bit weird that an open world game is the new console graphics King, I don't think that's ever happened before lol....

There's no such thing.

#1783 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -

hmmm Second son lead designer leaves sucker punch and thus sony.

#1784 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

Well, at least you didn't call me a sheep.

#1785 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

More screens of the new console graphics king. I can't get over how gorgeous this game is....

#1786 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

Man, the night time section looks so amazing that I'm tempted to not continue the story and just mess around in the city. Hopefully SP patches in the ability to select the time of day once you finish the story.

#1787 Edited by handssss (1796 posts) -

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

I just realized that the newest Infamous was also Mcshea'd, so that makes AA an amazing score.

So the MC average is 80 and it scored an 8 here yet some how it got Mcshea'd? Do you cows ever make any sense?

when a negative bullet point is bitching about the character's personality, I think some of the criticism is valid.

#1788 Edited by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Well, at least you didn't call me a sheep.

Dont you have a Vita?

#1789 Edited by getyeryayasout (7050 posts) -

I've put a few hours in, SS is pretty damn good. Much more fluid and fast. Climbing is improved, but you still feel like a plastic bag blowing up the side of the building, and magnet feet make it hard to precisely land between two close points. Small but familiar complaints aside, this game is a lot of fun. Also, using the DS4 like a rattle can rules.

#1790 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -
#1791 Posted by TheEroica (13239 posts) -

Game is quite excellent. Some beautiful animations and a wonderful flow in combat. A much more satisfying game to play than gen7 infamous.

Story is actually kind of interesting but I find the brothers battered. kinda cheesey and their characters a little shallow. Two brothers on two sides of the law with different ideals saying lots of cliche stuff, particularly grating is delsin's disdain for being labeled a bioterrorist like a politicalcorrectness police officer...

TThat nitpickiness aside. .

This is one high quality super hero game... And more importantly, it is a blast to play. It's well balanced lends itself creative moments in combat. ... We'll done overall suckerpunch... Well done.

#1792 Posted by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -
#1793 Edited by kingtito (4794 posts) -

@handssss said:

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

when a negative bullet point is bitching about the character's personality, I think some of the criticism is valid.

Yet the score is exactly what the average score is. Still don't see how you figure it got Mcshea'd. If it was 1 or more points below then you might have a point, sadly it isn't.

#1794 Posted by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

@I_can_haz: What you're saying is that you knew the game was going to be shit and it met that hype for you. Ok, I believe you.

But there were a lot of cows who voted the game down to damage control a flopping score. This is a fact and you can verify it by all the cows jizzing all over themselves about this game before and after the game was released.

That was only possible because they figured out a way to avoid ownage by voting the game down and pretending the game they had a boner for all this time, they thought would be a piece of shit anway and it met that hype.

Bullshit

#1795 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahaha, lems still crying expecting a 70 metacritic when Seattle's Finest stood toe to toe with "the most anticipated game of the year." Delicious.

Just copped. Movement is fast and fluid. Game is beautiful - shadowing is really impressive and those "radically different" screenshots were totally unrepresentative as I already knew. Main character is a lot more likable than the shitposters suggested too.

Sup tryhard? oh so close to a 79 lol

And yet it isn't. Try harder, Titandrone.

@MBirdy88 said:

Lol only in your head. "aa budget" 50 million is AA budget now... hahahahaha

[Citation needed]

#1796 Edited by silversix_ (13899 posts) -

Bought it and this is by far the sharpest title i have played on consoles. I don't know what kind of AA they're using but i want this to be used in every ps4 game. Extremely impressive visuals. This game is open world and looks better/sharper while having better (much better) physics than KZ. This alone gives me a lot of hope for the future, nice use of that "below mid range" hd7850.

#1797 Posted by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

From what i've seen Ryse looks better.

#1798 Posted by handssss (1796 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@handssss said:

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

Yet the score is exactly what the average score is. Still don't see how you figure it got Mcshea'd. If it was 1 or more points below then you might have a point, sadly it isn't.

because reviews are more than a number. the points made in it are supposed to be equally as important

#1799 Posted by Animal-Mother (26380 posts) -

hmmm Second son lead designer leaves sucker punch and thus sony.

And the game still didn't flop and is being pretty much well received everywhere. Are you this butthurt as a grown man over a game?

#1800 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -