Infamous SS: How its meant to be played (video)

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=04Bi72v46sE

Game Informers test chamber with a dev playing the game. Looks great.

I really like how SP is keeping the game under wraps, namely the other powers and monsters in the game. I hope it stays that way.

#2 Posted by stationplay_4 (442 posts) -

okay now this is what i like to see. i wasn't at all excited about this game until i saw this. it looks badass.

#3 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

i certainly looks cool for sure. hope there's enough substance to it so it won't become repetitive along the way.

#4 Posted by Chutebox (36178 posts) -

Hot sex

#5 Posted by Snugenz (11397 posts) -

Looks much better in experienced hands.

#6 Posted by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

Simply cant wait for this game

#7 Edited by Desmonic (12654 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Looks much better in experienced hands.

I honestly don't know how some reviewers actually finish certain games. Not sure if it's the pressure of playing something live or whatever, but some live demos (not just for this game) manage to be atrocious when played by these reviewers/journalists, due to a lack of proper control of the game and it's gameplay (as in, doing everything wrong). What makes things even worse is that in the case of some sequels, the same people who can't play the games for sh!t were the ones who reviewed the previous games.

It makes no sense at all.

#8 Edited by PSawa (17 posts) -

Can't wait to get a PS4 and play this game.

#9 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

Wait, there are no Titans in this game? Pre order cancelled.

#10 Posted by Desmonic (12654 posts) -

Don't count them out yet. There were titan like enemies in Infamous 2, they might show up here too :P

#11 Posted by stationplay_4 (442 posts) -

lol you can do better than that.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (38152 posts) -

It's really easy to make Infamous look boring.

#13 Edited by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

The lighting, framerate, and destruction aspects of this game look great, but the city feels lifeless in every way. You see him doing crazy stuff near or around cars and no one gets out or runs away. No one running on the sttreets for their lives. No ones walking around much. His effects look great, but the people he's fighting are bland. The graphics would get a 9, but game play from this video to me would be 7 at best. This doesn't look like a bad game at all, but nothing special either. They need to show off more of the daytime action and bosses. Crowd reaction to what he's doing just something that livens up the city. DR3 can't match this game in looks, but in terms of a city feeling alive it crushes this game IMHO. Still gotta see the finished product though.

#14 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@shawn30: they are keeping the majority of the game under wraps, which would explain why you arent seeing many different enviorments and enemies.

Other then that, you are too big of a blind fanboy for most people to care about your opinion.

#15 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

@shawn30: they are keeping the majority of the game under wraps, which would explain why you arent seeing many different e nviorments and enemies.

Other then that, you are too big of a blind fanboy for most people to care about your opinion.

Lol, you cared enough to reply. Thanks for that. And all anyone does is share their opinion. No need to be so sensitive. I saw and I expressed. You're free to disagree.

#16 Posted by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

#17 Posted by Desmonic (12654 posts) -

@shawn30: DR3 - "living city".

Dem zombies sure liven up any situation, huh? :P

#18 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@shawn30: DR3 - "living city".

Dem zombies sure liven up any situation, huh? :P

LMAO, och poor choice of words, but you sure as hell know they are there, lol.

#19 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@shawn30: mainly replying for others to read.

The difference with your opinion is if this game was releasing on XBone there would be a completely different opinion from you about the game. Now you will deny this, but we all know its true.

#20 Posted by Vatusus (4224 posts) -

I like inFamous games but they tend to become repetitive after a while due to lack of mission variety. Its just "go here and kill this" type of missions. Nothing I've seen so far of SS makes me believe they changed that formula. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. It looks beautifull though. Best looking open-world game so far, definitely

#21 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

Looks extremely fun. I'm hyping it AAA personally, I don't give a shit what GS rates it.

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

@shawn30: mainly replying for others to read.

The difference with your opinion is if this game was releasing on XBone there would be a completely different opinion from you about the game. Now you will deny this, but we all know its true.

Check my posting history for facts. I may prefer the One, and messing with Cows, lol, but there are a number of times I've stated game son PS and Nintendo that I think are great or I'm interested in. I think The Order:1886 has crazy potential and it or Uncharted 4 may get me in the PS4 pool eventually. I think PS+ game rental service is leaps and bounds superior to Games with Gold. Zelda for Wii-U will get me into a new Zelda. I think Drive Club looks amazing, but I don't know anything about the game other than visuals. Don't confuse me with the fanboy extremism of certain Cows. I like games first and foremost and if the right game appeals to me I'll buy any system its for. Infamous just looks boring to me, plain and simple. That's one persons opinion only. If other feel different more power to them.

#23 Edited by Sushiglutton (5171 posts) -

Looks much cooler when someone who can actually play it holds the controller! Like how fast and smooth you can navigate the battlefield. Awesome!

#24 Edited by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

looks just as boring as the frist 2 games....

#25 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -
#26 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3271 posts) -

that actually looks pretty good. i might pick it up when i get my ps4, i just hope the level design is good and encourages the use of all powers. also i want loads of powers which i can destroy things with and most of all i hope the story is good. never played an infamous game but this will be my first from the looks of it

#27 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

The gameplay designer of HALO Jamie Griesemr from Bungie is with Sucker punch now, he is the one who worked on Second son gameplay.

#28 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Desmonic: they play on easy..or had God mode.

Epic gameplay. Titanfall who?

#29 Edited by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

@tonitorsi

Hehe, made me laugh.

*steals gif* :D

Still stealing my fine plethora of quality Gifs?! >:[

#Getyours!

jk

##though, I admit, I'm flattered

#30 Edited by Wasdie (49311 posts) -

Beautiful graphics but already I can see how quickly that gameplay will get old.

I'm sticking to my 7/10 prediction.

#31 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -
#32 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3003 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Beautiful graphics but already I can see how quickly that gameplay will get old.

I'm sticking to my 7/10 prediction.

GTA apparently does'nt get old that fast, so I don't see why Infamous should.

In fact, it's GTA for people who dislike driving games.

#33 Posted by getyeryayasout (6876 posts) -

Traversal looks so much better. No more awkward clambering up the side of buildings like a plastic bag blowing in the wind, thank God.

#34 Posted by highking_kallor (445 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

DR3 can't match this game in looks, but in terms of a city feeling alive it crushes this game IMHO.

When did you play Infamous Second Son?

#35 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3271 posts) -
#36 Posted by m_machine024 (14842 posts) -

Neon sword. Well sh!t. :O Looks great!

Btw TC, you could have at least linked. -__-

#37 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

Looks awesome all around.

#38 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

That really looks like a ton of fun, the journalists were making this game look like shit with the way they were playing.

#39 Posted by PSP107 (11572 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

The lighting, framerate, and destruction aspects of this game look great, but the city feels lifeless in every way. You see him doing crazy stuff near or around cars and no one gets out or runs away. No one running on the sttreets for their lives. No ones walking around much. His effects look great, but the people he's fighting are bland.

lol, that what was one of my beefs with Infamous 1. It seems like the civilians in the city are out of place. Infamous 1 was a overall solid game, but the missions and enemies are quite bland.

#40 Edited by blamix99 (1537 posts) -

just waiting for my CE of this

#41 Posted by PSP107 (11572 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

I'm also waiting for a next gen Mario game to look like your avatar.

#42 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

This game might get me to buy a PS4 not sure yet. If not this then when Destiny drops later this year i'll have my PS4. Bungie gets my money day one and they get me to buy consoles.

#43 Posted by vincent380 (2237 posts) -

This game is at least an 8. Can't wait to play.

#44 Posted by blamix99 (1537 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@blamix99 said:

I'm also waiting for a next gen Mario game to look like your avatar.

yeahh it is pretty cool.. hopefully it will look like this next gen or better :)

#45 Posted by WallofTruth (1048 posts) -

I hope it won't end up being a repetitive movie game like most other Sony exclusives lately.

#46 Posted by raging_user (379 posts) -

Can't aim? L1 + X can't do that? melee and ground slam. Pathetic

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (15813 posts) -

So if you cant play it as well as a dev, someone who has spent countless days with the game, you're not playing it right?

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (15813 posts) -

@shawn30: they are keeping the majority of the game under wraps, which would explain why you arent seeing many different enviorments and enemies.

Wait, you're not?

#49 Posted by Spartan070 (16307 posts) -

Looks bloody amazing

#50 Posted by nervmeister (15132 posts) -

I hope it won't end up being a repetitive movie game like most other Sony exclusives lately.

I hope haters will come up with a better excuse to downplay it should it meet the hype.