inFamous: Second Son pre-orders higher than The Last of Us

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3128 posts) -

@lhughey said:

Many people are getting Titanfall digitally since the game is MP only. I know I am. There is no need to get a physical copy. I don't sell games.

I wasn't planning on it because I figure that the servers will be hammered when it launches, but then again, I'd rather have it digitally. (since I won't consider trading it in) I just wish they allowed for the damn pre-load option where you can buy the game and download it, but it is not playable until the game releases. Now we have to download it and wait hours for their servers, which will be slammed, to give us like 500 kb/s speed regardless of our internet.

#53 Posted by Heil68 (45780 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I would shit all the bricks if Infamous dominated this month. The tears would be monumental. I'd have to retire from SW because nothing could hope to top it.

haha you are so sad. you dont even have a ps4 and you get this excited about a game selling more copies. what a prick.

What if I get excited about it selling more? :D

then you'll still be my buddy heil68. are you getting titanfall for your XB1 btw? We never did get round to playing Ryse together......The other day i was playing with a dude who had put in about 342 hours into the multplayer! he had 142,000 kills!

I'll see if you're online this weekend, maybe we can play.

#54 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7891 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Translation = I wish I had asked mom and dad for a ps4 so I could play infamous. :-[.

Translation = I wish I could troll properly :(

ha, wee, wee Monsieur!!!

#55 Posted by darkangel115 (1848 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

80 million PS3 consoles

6 million PS4 consoles

Those 6 million people MUST BE REALLY BORED.

I'm not bored...but that's only because i have an Xbox one and a PC too ;)

seriously I've probably played less then 2 hours since launch on my PS4

#56 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I see Xboners are already crying of butthurt like the losers they are.

#57 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14697 posts) -

Wow, a sequel has more preorders than a new IP. Do people know this ? :o , Lets make a thread !

Lol.

#58 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: so you call me troll because you herms can't prove me wrong? Last, desperate attempt. Just like calling someone a Nazi. It's a term to use when you've run out of ammo.

#59 Posted by MonsieurX (30863 posts) -
@xboxdone74 said:

@Nengo_Flow: so you call me troll because you herms can't prove me wrong? Last, desperate attempt. Just like calling someone a Nazi. It's a term to use when you've run out of ammo.

Because you derail anything thrown at you back to the PC vs PS3 goty

#60 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9981 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

why am i a hear when i've never gamed on a PC?

#61 Edited by finalstar2007 (25341 posts) -

I freaking CANNOT wait for this game! you guys have no idea how much i loved infamous 2 it was the very first open world game i actually loved and got addicted to! heck i preordered infamous second son without even having a PS4 THATS how much i love the series all thanks to infamous 2 ( didnt like infamous 1 at all ).

#62 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14692 posts) -

titan a shit.

#63 Posted by lostrib (39186 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

I freaking CANNOT wait for this game! you guys have no idea how much i loved infamous 2 it was the very first open world game i actually loved and got addicted to! heck i preordered infamous second son without even having a PS4 THATS how much i love the series all thanks to infamous 2 ( didnt like infamous 1 at all ).

Do you plan to have a PS4 when the game releases?

#64 Posted by finalstar2007 (25341 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

If i find one i'll buy it on the spot but so far cant seem to find any PS4's available so i'll just buy the game even without having a PS4 and will play it whenever i actually get a PS4.. the reason why i had to preorder infamous now is because of the awesome Limited Edition which i do not want to miss and thankfully i preordered my CE right before it gets officially sold out almost everywhere.

#65 Edited by lostrib (39186 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

If i find one i'll buy it on the spot but so far cant seem to find any PS4's available so i'll just buy the game even without having a PS4 and will play it whenever i actually get a PS4.. the reason why i had to preorder infamous now is because of the awesome Limited Edition which i do not want to miss and thankfully i preordered my CE right before it gets officially sold out almost everywhere.

Okay, the collectors edition stuff makes a bit more sense.

#66 Posted by finalstar2007 (25341 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Okay, the collectors edition stuff makes a bit more sense.

I feel that infamous games always get amazing CE's

i mean infamous 2 what an amazing CE ( heck i still have the backbag and the figure sealed lol )

and soon Second Son CE :D

#67 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16041 posts) -

@DrRockso87 said:

Wow! Considering how well The Last of Us sold in its first month (3.5 million) that's pretty impressive (see what happens when you market a game, Sony?).

It's great to hear though. Love the series. May not sell as much in its first month as The Last of Us but if it breaks 3 million in its first month, I'll not only be impressed but that would bold well for the series.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/07/infamous-second-son-pre-orders-higher-than-the-last-of-us-sony-confirms/

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but "The Last of Us" seemed to sell more by stellar reviews and word of mouth than by marketing.

Infamous certainly doesn't look like it will turn out to be as good of a game as The Last of Us, so I think we're just seeing pure marketing hype at this point. We will know soon enough.

#68 Posted by kinectthedots (2158 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat: Lems didn't start the hype for Titanfall...?... Are you serious?.....

100% the hype was started by the journalists who spent time playing with it a E3, showering it with awards

Nope. You could say that for almost any game shown on E3, really.

Lems (not just here) were hyping it like crazy even before news of any awards. Heck a couple of them (mostly trolls though) were already hyping it as soon as it was announced (which was a couple of months before any gameplay).

Well i didn't see/ or hearabout it that way. As far as i am concerned the hype went ballistic after everyone raving about it during and after E3

Actually the hype came when it was announced to be a new FPS franchise "from the makers of COD" and unavalible on PS consoles. This was in fact before anything had been shown.

Fanboys were hyping it just because the COD develoeprs were making it and it wasn't going to be on PS3 or PS4.

#69 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Pathetic Lem damage control in this thread.

#70 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23912 posts) -

how is this news?

an established franchise has more pre orders than a new ip?

dur.

#71 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

It will be a really solid title regardless.

#72 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10662 posts) -

Add one more sale to that, i won't preorder but i am going to buy

#73 Edited by fyron256 (92 posts) -

Well when you have no games to play except to scrape the bottom of the indie-game barrel what do you expect?!

#74 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

how is this news?

an established franchise has more pre orders than a new ip?

dur.

A free game bundled with a discounted Xbox One you may want to add.

#75 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5540 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I would shit all the bricks if Infamous dominated this month. The tears would be monumental. I'd have to retire from SW because nothing could hope to top it.

haha you are so sad. you dont even have a ps4 and you get this excited about a game selling more copies. what a prick.

What if I get excited about it selling more? :D

then you'll still be my buddy heil68. are you getting titanfall for your XB1 btw? We never did get round to playing Ryse together......The other day i was playing with a dude who had put in about 342 hours into the multplayer! he had 142,000 kills!

I'll see if you're online this weekend, maybe we can play.

I just brought lems together. That feels...pretty heartwarming. :3

#76 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2910 posts) -

Makes sense there's nothing else worthwhile to play on the ps4

#77 Posted by getyeryayasout (7764 posts) -

Not bad considering SS is selling to a user base less than 1/10 the size of what the PS3 was at when TLoU came out.

#78 Posted by foxhound_fox (89430 posts) -

When it's the only thing worth talking about since PS4's launch, I'm not surprised.