Infamous: Second Son No Multiplayer.

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Well that's good yo hear.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Good.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

That's good news.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't need a tacked on mp. If the devs don't want to do it, then keep it away from the game.

I do want a bad ass game, MP or SP, but craft a masterpiece please.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

And they're trying to charge $60 for this?

ripoff

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Let me help you out with your link

Thanks

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the important part of infamous for me is playing through the campaign so i won't miss some feature just shoehorned in for the sake of being a bullet point on the back of the box.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Now I fear the worst outcome for this game. 7/10

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shielder7

@RR360DD said:

ripoff

Opposed to charging 60$ for a 6vs6 Multiplayer only game.

Wait was this sarcasm..................

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#62 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Good.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Yeah. Certainly don't care about that.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

Not every game needs multiplayer. Glad. If SP really wanted to they could spend time after I:SS and implement it in their 2nd wave game depending on if they do a sequel to I:SS. They could move to a new IP however.

yeah...a openworld game where ur character has super powers and can fly definitely doesnt need a online multiplayer segment.

*sarcarms*

Ya can basically say something like that for every game made...ever. Doesn't mean squat.

take it easy guys...i just thought it would be cool and easy to sell a next gen openworld super hero game.

it is funny seeing you all saying it would be terrible and tacked on though. basically admitting the developer is trash and wouldnt be able to pull it off. i guess innovating online play and the game experience with different and new features is a "microsoft things..."(Halo-Theatre Mode...Gears- Horde mode...Crackdown- online multiplayer that worked) don't worry, Crackdown for the Xbox One will come out and then Infamous Step Son can try n copy its online from there.One of the reasons Crackdown was so loved and popular was because of its co op and online play...but ok...

i mean its next gen...and here you all are saying how you stoked for another generic last gen game styled, albeit with pretty graphics. i see cows quick to say how Sony pushes the envelope and take risks with games....but now it's play safe and keep a popular aspect gamers usually flock to out of the next big exclusive game coming out for the ps4. i understand you feeling the dev isnt capable of making it work but its not really a bad idea to bring out a good idea for online multiplayer like that. because i'm pretty sure if they were able to pull it off, and do it well, people would love to have an openworld super hero game to play online. i guess Sony, the ps4, and its devs aren't the ones to do it....

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tymeservesfate

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@tymeservesfate said:

that next gen goodness, huh? seriously, the actual system has less features than a ps3 has and it's exclusive games are lacking basic popular elements in today's games too. GTA5 can have a nice online multiplayer segment but a next gen Infamous doesn't lol?? wow!

i heard its only 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

GTA5's multiplayer sucked. Second biggest disappointment after the Xbone. Too many games last gen had shit, bolted on MP modes. I think of over 100 games I played I only ever got into the multiplayers of 5 of them.

I don't think this is news though, I'm fairly sure Infamous has never had a multiplayer. I'd like the UGC feature to come back though, had fun making custom missions back in the day.

Crackdown's multiplayer didnt suck...also GTA5's multiplayer did not suck. it came out glitchy as hell and basically incomplete feature wise. but it was still well done and fun to play. even more so after the last few updates.

i mean this is suppose to be next gen...and you cows say the ps4 is powerful as ****. but its next semi-big name exclusive is lacking even what has become a basic feature from last gen games. its all very ironic. is nect gen all about pretty graphics for you all or is about games advancing and being able to do more with better hardware? i feel like the game is missing an opportunity. but yea, i havent played the other Infamous games and you have. if you don't feel the devs are able to accomplish this i shouldnt argue. but Sony needs to get some better dev teams who are capable and able to pull big things off and not just slap paint on shit and play it safe.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Good not every freaking game needs a shitty tacked on multiplayer that nobody asked for.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Yeah but the fog it has outside, in buildings, in underground tunnels covers up the fact that it is not there. Next Gen fog makes up for or covers up for a lot even poor draw distances and lack of texture detail.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

I think most of us Infamous fans would agree with you. The series doesnt need resources taken away from the campaign. Glad Sucker Punch didnt go that route.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I doubt we'll see any co-op games like Dead Rising 3 on the PS4 any time soon. I don't know why they charge for online when they hardly have multiplayer games.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Infamous: Rent me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And if it did, everyone here would be signing it's praises.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

Not every game needs multiplayer. Glad. If SP really wanted to they could spend time after I:SS and implement it in their 2nd wave game depending on if they do a sequel to I:SS. They could move to a new IP however.

yeah...a openworld game where ur character has super powers and can fly definitely doesnt need a online multiplayer segment.

*sarcarms*

Ya can basically say something like that for every game made...ever. Doesn't mean squat.

take it easy guys...i just thought it would be cool and easy to sell a next gen openworld super hero game.

it is funny seeing you all saying it would be terrible and tacked on though. basically admitting the developer is trash and wouldnt be able to pull it off. i guess innovating online play and the game experience with different and new features is a "microsoft things..."(Halo-Theatre Mode...Gears- Horde mode...Crackdown- online multiplayer that worked) don't worry, Crackdown for the Xbox One will come out and then Infamous Step Son can try n copy its online from there.One of the reasons Crackdown was so loved and popular was because of its co op and online play...but ok...

i mean its next gen...and here you all are saying how you stoked for another generic last gen game styled, albeit with pretty graphics. i see cows quick to say how Sony pushes the envelope and take risks with games....but now it's play safe and keep a popular aspect gamers usually flock to out of the next big exclusive game coming out for the ps4. i understand you feeling the dev isnt capable of making it work but its not really a bad idea to bring out a good idea for online multiplayer like that. because i'm pretty sure if they were able to pull it off, and do it well, people would love to have an openworld super hero game to play online. i guess Sony, the ps4, and its devs aren't the ones to do it....

I am taking it is and people saying it would be tacked on does not mean it's a crap developer. No freaking clue how you came to that conclusion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

The same argument can be made for TitanFall with no single player mode. Not every game needs a single player mode either.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I agree with most posters here. This game looks great and doesn't need multiplayer. I don't play games like AC or ME online. It's not necessary.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

The same argument can be made for TitanFall with no single player mode. Not every game needs a single player mode either.

I was about to say this too. Bravo.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Shielder7

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Now I fear the worst outcome for this game. 7/10

Not having MP can only help it's score

@kuu2 said:

Yeah but the fog it has outside, in buildings, in underground tunnels covers up the fact that it is not there. Next Gen fog makes up for or covers up for a lot even poor draw distances and lack of texture detail.

What?????? This makes no sense wait does this have to do with...............oh nvm it's kuu2

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

LOL sony couldn't afford a multiplayer option.

dear o dear....

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

I remember a certain Wii U platformer caught a lot of shit for not having online multiplayer.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

that next gen goodness, huh? seriously, the actual system has less features than a ps3 has and it's exclusive games are lacking basic popular elements in today's games too. GTA5 can have a nice online multiplayer segment but a next gen Infamous doesn't lol?? wow!

i heard its only 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

The ps4 have WAY more features over the ps3, than the ps3 have over the ps4.

As long as next-gen games at least met the 60 fps, 1080p resolution, or both, I'm a happy camper.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@RR360DD said:

ripoff

Did Alan Wake have a multiplayer feature? They sure enough charges 60 bucks for that game.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#82 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

Ohh look the multiplayer bro gaming obssesed kiddie lems have joined the party to rant about a single player franchise. Not everything needs multiplayer... hell unless its battlefiled style count me out of multiplayer. In before lems start hyping a 6 vs 6 multiplayer only game as the messiah of games..

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

no MP is a good things, not everything needs multiplayer, and this isn't the kind of game I expect there to be MP

plus that just means a stronger SP experience being that development resources aren't wasted on tacked on MP

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#84 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@gago-gago said:

I doubt we'll see any co-op games like Dead Rising 3 on the PS4 any time soon. I don't know why they charge for online when they hardly have multiplayer games.

Diablo 3 - Ultimate Evil Edition w/reaper of souls built in.... on ps4 -- the only co-op you need .... for a while. And saying there is no co-op on ps4 now is bs....

Warframe - comes with the console -- co-op

dcuo - comes with the console - co-op

war thunder - free - co-op and pvp

Lego Marvel Super heroes - co-op

Knack - co-op

Just dance 2014 (my daughter has it for ps4 ) - co-op

Some sports games - most likely co-op ( i don't play them so don't know)

Tiny Brians - co-op

COD - Ghosts - co-op mode (if its like black ops it has it... although i can't confirm as i am a battlefield guy).

I am sure there is something i am missing, but there you go, current games that I know about that are out right now on ps4 that have co-op.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tymeservesfate

@Midnightshade29 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Ohh look the multiplayer bro gaming obssesed kiddie lems have joined the party to rant about a single player franchise. Not everything needs multiplayer... hell unless its battlefiled style count me out of multiplayer. In before lems start hyping a 6 vs 6 multiplayer only game as the messiah of games..

i'm not a multiplayer gamer.

but the thought of a next gen openworld game with super powered users does sound appealing to me. just seems like an opportunity lost to me...oh well.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Best news I've heard about this game.

It's sad that we live in a world where we have to wait for developers to confirm that a game that people won't for the single-player won't have a tacked-on multiplayer mode.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Good, it doesn't need one.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@tymeservesfate said:

GTA5's multiplayer sucked. Second biggest disappointment after the Xbone. Too many games last gen had shit, bolted on MP modes. I think of over 100 games I played I only ever got into the multiplayers of 5 of them.

I don't think this is news though, I'm fairly sure Infamous has never had a multiplayer. I'd like the UGC feature to come back though, had fun making custom missions back in the day.

Crackdown's multiplayer didnt suck...also GTA5's multiplayer did not suck. it came out glitchy as hell and basically incomplete feature wise. but it was still well done and fun to play. even more so after the last few updates.

i mean this is suppose to be next gen...and you cows say the ps4 is powerful as ****. but its next semi-big name exclusive is lacking even what has become a basic feature from last gen games. its all very ironic. is nect gen all about pretty graphics for you all or is about games advancing and being able to do more with better hardware? i feel like the game is missing an opportunity. but yea, i havent played the other Infamous games and you have. if you don't feel the devs are able to accomplish this i shouldnt argue. but Sony needs to get some better dev teams who are capable and able to pull big things off and not just slap paint on shit and play it safe.

The problem is the vast majority of gamers don't really flock to most online games, they flock to a select few popular games. There are so many games last gen with multiplayer modes that were dead before the game was even out a month. So why waste resources on a mode that will be mostly ignored?

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

good, nobody asked for a multiplayer mode on infamous, the structure of the game doesnt suit a multiplayer,

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I would be very surprised if it did have some kind of multiplayer. Good to know they still have some common sense.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shielder7

@Phazevariance said:

Yeah they're called MMOs.

The difference is Single player doesn't need an internet connection or other people for MMO's that's ok that's the standard, but for something with just 6vs6 multiplayer.......................

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Thank god not every game needs multiplayer.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Good riddance. MP needs to die in all games.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

and yet out preforms the Xbox One in many of the games both systems have Hmmmmm, so the Xbox One must have nothing impressive to show case.

On Topic Not all games need a tact on Multiplayer, it just ain't needed, and GTA 5 online element was good for the first 3weeks until you realized there ain't much point

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

Cows don't play games online. Their PSN was so shitty last gen, they have been completely turned off by online gaming.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@RR360DD said:

ripoff

Opposed to charging 60$ for a 6vs6 Multiplayer only game.

Wait was this sarcasm..................

Exactly my point. The same idiots bashing Titanfall for being multiplayer only are praising this move. Just doesn't make sense.

Im glad they aren't tacking on multiplayer, and Im glad respawn arent tacking on single player.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It would be sort of cool to have a superhero game with competitive multiplayer. I remember playing the multiplayer from Jedi Knight 2 back in the day and having a lot of fun force-pushing people off ledges, force choking, etc. I was pretty meh on Infamous, though, because to me it felt more like a tps in superhero skin. Your lightning powers basically played like a shooter, and you even had powers that basically equate to granades. The game would have been more fun if it were more focused on close combat, imo. I'm not sure how much a multiplayer mode would really bring to the table.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#98  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Good. We need focused Single Player games not games who's lobbies will be empty in 3 months.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tymeservesfate

@bezza2011 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

and yet out preforms the Xbox One in many of the games both systems have Hmmmmm, so the Xbox One must have nothing impressive to show case.

On Topic Not all games need a tact on Multiplayer, it just ain't needed, and GTA 5 online element was good for the first 3weeks until you realized there ain't much point

it outperforms XB1 games and many other games? however would you know that friend? i would ask if there was a beta out you participated in...but there's no online feature so it can't be that...so where r u getting ur info from that it out performs well...anything? it can't just be because it looks pretty and runs at 30 fps, can it?

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

Why wouldn't you want MP on Infamous? I know it doesn't need it but it would be fun to fight people with unique powers through a class system and the parkour mechanics in a big open world. Make it 60 FPS with lowered resolution like Killzone's MP and maybe add a heroes vs infamous villains mode? theres a lot of potential there for a good MP here plus they could always use the editor from Infamous 2 for making missions to gain experience.