Infamous: Second Son No Multiplayer.

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Let me be the first to say GOOD. Someone should give MS and EA the memo that not everything needs Multiplayer.

Let me help you out with your link

http://www.qj.net/ps4/news/no-multiplayer-for-infamous-second-son.html

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Agreed. There are lots of games that don't warrant multiplayer.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

Awesome. Focus on SP, asshole devs

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Good, it doesn't need one.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

that next gen goodness, huh? seriously, the actual system has less features than a ps3 has and it's exclusive games are lacking basic popular elements in today's games too. GTA5 can have a nice online multiplayer segment but a next gen Infamous doesn't lol?? wow!

i heard its only 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Not every game needs multiplayer. Glad. If SP really wanted to they could spend time after I:SS and implement it in their 2nd wave game depending on if they do a sequel to I:SS. They could move to a new IP however.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Not even co-op? Bummer. I guess Sony didn't have the budget for it and the devs didn't want to be out their comfort zone. There were lots of times when playing Infamous 1 & 2 I thought it would be more fun playing with a buddy. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next Crackdown for that kind of fun.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm glad to see the sensible people agree that all games don't need mindless and forgettable online multiplayer.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Best news this game could've received

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tymeservesfate

@misterpmedia said:

Not every game needs multiplayer. Glad. If SP really wanted to they could spend time after I:SS and implement it in their 2nd wave game depending on if they do a sequel to I:SS. They could move to a new IP however.

yeah...a openworld game where ur character has super powers and can fly definitely doesnt need a online multiplayer segment.

*sarcarms*

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shielder7

@tymeservesfate said:

that next gen goodness, huh? seriously, the actual system has less features than a ps3 has and it's exclusive games are lacking basic popular elements in today's games too. GTA5 can have a nice online multiplayer segment but a next gen Infamous doesn't lol?? wow!

i heard its on 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

It's muppets like you that make publishers think they need to tack on Multiplayer to everything. Infamous SS does not need it as there is no warrant for it.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tymeservesfate

@gago-gago said:

Not even co-op? Bummer. I guess Sony didn't have the budget for it and the devs didn't want to be out their comfort zone. There were lots of times when playing Infamous 1 & 2 I thought it would be more fun playing with a buddy. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next Crackdown for that kind of fun.

yea, i thought multiplayer was going to be a given this gen for Infamous. especially since Crackdown had it since it's first installment on the XB360 lol.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

All I care about is a great SP experience.....MP is tacked on way too often.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shielder7

@gago-gago said:

No. Just No........

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Don't want a tacked on multiplayer. It's not that type of game. Glad they're not shoehorning one in.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Shielder7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

i heard its on 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

It's muppets like you that make publishers think they need to tack on Multiplayer to everything. Infamous SS does not need it as there is no warrant for it.

who said anything about tacking anything on anything...i'd love for them to actually make a good multiplayer portion to the game. no tacked on shii.

and how the hell does an openworld game where you have super powers not warrant an online multiplayer segment?? that would be awesome. smh, give me a break.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I never play MP anyway so is all good!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Is the editor still in the game?

Besides that, can't say I care about no MP.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Good.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shielder7

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shielder7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

who said anything about tacking anything on anything...i'd love for them to actually make a good multiplayer portion to the game. no tacked on shii.

and how the hell does an openworld game where you have super powers not warrant an online multiplayer segment?? that would be awesome. smh, give me a break.

1. When we get shit MP that obviously took Zero thought we have Muppets like you to thank. When developers a forced to put multiplayer for a game that doesn't warrant it it takes away from the rest of the game. You don't need Multiplayer on everything somethings are better off without it and Infamous SS is a prime example of that.

2. How the hell does an openworld game based around a sole protagonist where you have set super powers warrant an online multiplayer segment?? We have that it's called DC Universe online and they're have trouble giving it away for free.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Shielder7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shielder7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

1. When we get shit MP that obviously took Zero thought we have Muppets like you to thank. When developers a forced to put multiplayer for a game that doesn't warrant it it takes away from the rest of the game. You don't need Multiplayer on everything somethings are better off without it and Infamous SS is a prime example of that.

2. How the hell does an openworld game based around a sole protagonist where you have set super powers warrant an online multiplayer segment?? We have that it's called DC Universe online and they're have trouble giving it away for free.

i said put a "good multiplayer" in the game...what are you saying, that the developers aren't capable?

and how is DC Universe an example of mediocre? it was on a lot of "ha ha, see, we got this" lists by cows when the ps4 was about to be released. so it's a bad game now? why, what's wrong with it? i'm interested...because me, myself, i think Infamous having a next gen openworld multiplayer segment where the players have super powers, would be pretty good and easy to sell.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Good. That means that Sucker Punch will put all of their efforts into the story and to me, that's all that matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I agree with Shielder, multiplayer would be a waste of resources. Sure they could achieve a good multiplayer experience but it'd take time and resources away from the single player and for this game i want a strong single player. Outside of some sort of co-op it really wouldn't fit the game. PvP doesn't fit InFamous and that's usually the big draw for online games.

Not every game needs mutliplayer, i'm not buying this or Watchdogs for a multiplayer mode (does Watchdogs have a multiplayer?), it's the same with Uncharted and AC games, if they dropped the multiplayer i doubt many would even notice.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

i heard its only 30 fps as well O_o this ps4 thing is seeming less and less impressive by the day.

GTA5's multiplayer sucked. Second biggest disappointment after the Xbone. Too many games last gen had shit, bolted on MP modes. I think of over 100 games I played I only ever got into the multiplayers of 5 of them.

I don't think this is news though, I'm fairly sure Infamous has never had a multiplayer. I'd like the UGC feature to come back though, had fun making custom missions back in the day.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Good, I want more games to focus on the SP.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Fine by me. Look what happened to Tomb Raider when a game meant for its SP gets MP tacked on. If Sucker Punch wants to drop MP to focus solely on SP, I'm good with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Never expected it to have one because it would have been moronic

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

So it's only half a game for $60? Isn't this what cows keep saying about any game on the XOne that doesn't have both components? It's Sony's game so I guess that makes it ok now?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'm glad they are focused on just making a great single player game. Not every game needs multiplayer and clearly this is one of them. I'm looking forward to playing the great single player experience that will be Infamous.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Good. Doesn't need it. I don't mind if UGC came back but if it doesn't oh wells.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Good. Didn't want a tacked-on multiplayer. After Tomb Raider and Batman: Arkham Origins, multiplayer should only be added if it's actually going to add something to the day. If it's just publishers afraid of people selling the game after completing it then don't bother adding multiplayer!! It's just a waste of resources and usually dead after a month (unless there are multiplayer trophies).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

yeah...a openworld game where ur character has super powers and can fly definitely doesnt need a online multiplayer segment.

*sarcarms*

Ya can basically say something like that for every game made...ever. Doesn't mean squat.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Wouldn't have minded some co-op mayhem but oh well not a biggie

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#35 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

What is this, the 1980's?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Thank god, it means we won't be getting a train wreck like God of War Ascension. (Come at me, Chele)

Good god, the Lem butthurt in here is astounding.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

MP would not work in this type of game. Superhero MP is been tried but always crap, like batman online with hero vs human.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Good, this means they'll focus on SP. I hate when devs feel the need to add a tacked on MP element and then take away resources from the SP. This type of game doesn't need MP.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Go play Saint's Row 4..NOW. It was a better Crackdown game than Crackdown 2 and was funny as hell.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Has it been confirmed whether or not this game will have a mission creator mode?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

*sarcarms*

No-one has time for crappy tacked on multiplayer. It's not necessary.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Let me be the first to say GOOD. Someone should give MS and EA the memo that not everything needs Multiplayer.

http://www.qj.net/ps4/news/no-multiplayer-for-infamous-second-son.html

1. good

2. lol as If sony doesn't push developers for a multiplayer mode lol

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The first two didn't have multiplayer and that didn't make the single player and story any better. At least adding co-op would have made it more fun. Judging by the recent videos, it looks like it'll get repetitive quick. It does look nice though, they probably put more effort in graphics than substance.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

did the other games have MP?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Good news. That means they have the opportunity to make the single player the best it can be. Imagine a game like Gta V with all of their focus on the single player content...

R* needs to give up on multiplayer already because they suck at it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Sounds good to me!

RoboThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RoboThreat
Member since 2008 • 439 Posts

very happy to hear

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

A lot of you guys seem to think multiplayer in this game would be stupid but I'm actually quite saddened it does not have it. I wouldn't want like a PVP mode or anything like that, but at least 2 player co-op like Saints Row or Dead Rising 3 would have been sweet.

Infamous SS is like one of the few sony games I'm interested in this year, really hoping it shapes up.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Infamous: Only Son.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Let me help you out with your link

Not every game needs a multiplayer portion, and the potential absence of the user creation tool doesn't really bother me either as I never even touched it in InFamous 2:

No news on whether the user generated content feature that allowed players to create their own missions and share it with others will be making it into the game.