inFAMOUS: Second Son - Lack of Day/Night Cycle

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Nightflash28 (2057 posts) -

I was looking at the recent gifs and I did notice it was all at night time. I bet the majority of the game will be night time to hide how ugly it really is.

You see several clips which are all from the same mission and assume that's representative of most of the game? Smart.

#102 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

It's the first true next gen open world game despite no true time simulation, it also does have shadows just some specific light sources don't produce them. That's the general consensus.

If you want true dynamic day/night simulation wait for Daylight or Drive Club.

Red Dead Redemption looks better and will be the better game.

No.

#103 Posted by foxhound_fox (87604 posts) -

So why is it even an open world game if they want "pre-determined feels" for levels? Wouldn't it make sense to make it more like Uncharted? Dynamic day/night changes are STANDARD for open world games... and have been for over a decade.

#104 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

So why is it even an open world game if they want "pre-determined feels" for levels? Wouldn't it make sense to make it more like Uncharted? Dynamic day/night changes are STANDARD for open world games... and have been for over a decade.

Infamous were fun open world games last gen and they didn't have a day night cycle, making an open world game a third time around makes sense.

#105 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

lems making things up as they go. No fool they aren't Standard.

Infamous games have a set way they progress with the story and set the times of day to fit, that is the way the devs wants it and the way they made the previous games. This argument is manufactured and enhanced by butthurt lems like you who see how amazing this game looks.

this is simply a developers choice, it's not like the game doesn't have both day and night times at all like Forza 5, Something that actually is standard for any racing game that is supposed to be a sim for the last 10 years, and it doesn't even have weather--now that is a joke.

The "cycle" argument is really stupid and forced by xbots now. It's really telling of how desperate you guys are to damage control the fact that this game takes a dump on everything shown in the xbox one library.

Oh and before you damage control with claims of being a hermit I have seen you hype Titanfall for xbox one against the PS4's library so you can save it.

#106 Edited by foxhound_fox (87604 posts) -

No fool they aren't Standard.

this is simply a developers choice, it's not like the game doesn't have both day and night times at all like Forza 5, Something that actually is standard for any racing game that is supposed to be a sim for the last 10 years, and it doesn't even have weather--now that is a joke.

The "cycle" argument is really stupid and forced by xbots now. It's really telling of how desperate you guys are to damage control the fact that this game takes a dump on everything shown in the xbox one library.

Oh and before you damage control with claims of being a hermit I have seen you hype Titanfall for xbox one against the PS4's library so you can save it.

Yes, they are standard. Any game in the past decade that has been considered a "good" open-world game has had a day-to-night cycling and dynamic lighting changes.

Your shitpost arguments apply to Forza 5 as well. It's a "developer's choice".

I find it funny that you bring up the Xbone despite my not having even mentioned it. Insecure much?

#107 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13328 posts) -

@FIipMode said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Infamous were fun open world games last gen and they didn't have a day night cycle, making an open world game a third time around makes sense.

This isn't anything new as well, Previous gta games have had pre set times of day for certain missions.