inFAMOUS: Second Son - Lack of Day/Night Cycle

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by dommeus (9194 posts) -

Forza 5 announced with no day/night cycle:

Cows go nuts

Infamous announced with no day/night cycle:

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

#52 Posted by mems_1224 (46308 posts) -

Weren't cows the ones complaining about Forza not having a dynamic day/night cycle and weather a few months ago? lol hypocrites.

#53 Edited by blackace (20086 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots: all cows know how to do is to deflect topics because they get so ass hurt and have to bring up old topics to make themselves feel like the PS4 is actually good.

Cows constantly change the subject from PS4 game to XB1 game when they don't really have any intelligent rebuttal. You'll see that done mostly by the most unintelligent cows on SW. The Infamous SS game doesn't have Dynamic day/night feature. The game just has missions that are in the day or at night. While you're playing the time of day(or night) doesn't change. So if you started the mission at night and played for 12 hrs in that area, it won't change to daytime. It'll still be night. From what the devs say, there are shadows in the game, but the devs turn them on and off where they feel they are needed. So at night, you won't see many shadows, but in the day, there will be a lot of shadows. Unlike Cows, I actually went and read the article in the link.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/08/infamous-second-son-lack-of-dynamic-daynight-cycle-and-presenceabsence-of-shadows-explained/

I'm still getting the game as that feature doesn't affect me.

#54 Edited by Animal-Mother (26423 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: right!!!!! Correct answer. Don't ask me how I have that line stuck in my head. Lol

It's a damn good movie, that's why.

#55 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

What a dumb ass topic. Guess it is time to go back to Gaf. Bunch of morons on this forum. The game has 8 distinct times of day, but don't let that get in the way of lem damage control for their garbage console.

#56 Posted by cainetao11 (16664 posts) -

OH NOES! TCHBO!!!! Give me a break, the game looks like its going to be a blast to play.

#57 Edited by kinectthedots (1600 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Weren't cows the ones complaining about Forza not having a dynamic day/night cycle and weather a few months ago? lol hypocrites.

Umm to be clear there is Day and night time gameplay in Infamous Second son. I think you have your damage control confused.

No one said Forza 5 had to be "cycles" they were saying it was pathetic that Forza 5 didn't have night time racing AT ALL and was supposed to be a next gen game.

Now that that has been cleared up, continue to damage control.

#58 Edited by hoosier7 (3778 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Good trolling mems.

Weather is kind of important for a racing game and was the main (and fair) complaint from cows. I didn't see day/night get much stick (tho imo it's pretty important for long races, can't you do 24hr races?).

Day/night cycles doesn't make sense in this game. If the story exists over a set amount of time or days like the last two then it'd be weird experiencing multiple days which would throw everything off.

So for your two examples day/night cycles only makes sense for one of them, so are different scenarios, so aren't they aren't being hypocritical.

#59 Posted by Zidaneski (8447 posts) -

Now can we all agree FFXIII LR is awesome because of its day/night cycle?

#60 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6071 posts) -
#61 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine: bye. Don't pull a DaveKeeh and revoke your rage quit.

I never said I was leaving permanently, but yeah I won't be wasting much time here any more. Continue to get your troll on...

#62 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Lems butthurt over Infamous and it's damage control everywehre The dev explained they wanted spectacular lighting so they weren't going for a cycle theme by choice, but lighting change with game progression.

Also they confirmed that the game absolutely has shadows during the day time but they wount be as pronounced during the night. The damage control is storng here. Nothing on xbox one even comes close to what Infamous is doing now and lemmings are trying to nit pick it because they are scared haha.

It is amazing to see when they have absolutely no standards for xbox one games but constantly trying to give an opinion on games xbone can't even run.

This lol

Is the game lemmings have been praising as the best game on xbone since launch.

xbox360 level graphics 720p @ frame drops as low as 14 fps. lol This game is a generation apart from Infamous SS but lems praise it as their amazing open world game. You lemmings should really worry about xbone games because it is likely the reason why Watchdogs was downgraded and the xbone may never see a game the likes of Infamous SS on xbone ever.

SDC.

lol TLHBO

*epic thread backfire*

#63 Posted by charizard1605 (55659 posts) -

I guess that's a little disappointing, but from what I gather, the first two games didn't have a dynamic day/night system either (nor does the game actually need one)

The problem is the proof is in the pudding.

6 Million sold. I usually post stuff like the top of the month to get feathers ruffled but in reality don't care.

I mean the games are coming. In time it can turn around. But If the PS4 isn't good why has it outsold the xbox one?

I just want to clarify, because I am sure I am misunderstanding here- but you're not saying sales are indicative of quality in any way, right?

#64 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

Forza 5 could be run on the PS3 and the 360.

SS can't.

#65 Posted by mems_1224 (46308 posts) -

6 Million sold. I usually post stuff like the top of the month to get feathers ruffled but in reality don't care.

I mean the games are coming. In time it can turn around. But If the PS4 isn't good why has it outsold the xbox one?

Wait, so you think the Wii was better than the 360 and PS3 then? LOL

#66 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11527 posts) -

Kinda like in the other Infamous games where there were set times of day. I would have liked a dynamic day night cycle but it certainly doesn't hurt the game.

#67 Posted by Crypt_mx (3951 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

Lems butthurt over Infamous and it's damage control everywehre The dev explained they wanted spectacular lighting so they weren't going for a cycle theme by choice, but lighting change with game progression.

Also they confirmed that the game absolutely has shadows during the day time but they wount be as pronounced during the night. The damage control is storng here. Nothing on xbox one even comes close to what Infamous is doing now and lemmings are trying to nit pick it because they are scared haha.

It is amazing to see when they have absolutely no standards for xbox one games but constantly trying to give an opinion on games xbone can't even run.

This lol

xbox360 level graphics 720p @ frame drops as low as 14 fps. lol This game is a generation apart from Infamous SS but lems praise it as their amazing open world game. You lemmings should really worry about xbone games because it is likely the reason why Watchdogs was downgraded and the xbone may never see a game the likes of Infamous SS on xbone ever.

SDC.

You can list all the framerate and resolution stats you want. The truth is this game is damn fun and a helluva lot better than anything that the PS4 has to serve up.

Go play your stats and get your shine box boy.

DR3 has a 6.7 user rating on meta. It's just a trash-tier game and it isn't fun. Most people would agree.

Yeah cause its not like a bunch of sony fanboys just went on Meta and rated it 1/10....how do you think that is an accurate score? Maybe you should actually try the game. Yeah that's right TRY IT. The issue with the Sony fanboys is that they talk so much shit without even laying their hands on an X1 controller. Maybe I would actually respect your opinion if you could actually explain what is so bad about Dead Rising, or even Ryse.

Ryse gets WAY more shit than it should because as an owner of an X1 and a PS4, I can confidently say Ryse was better than any of the PS exclusives that came out on launch.

As for DR3, you can take shots at it all day for being 720p, but anyone I've had over agrees that it is indeed fun. A lot of cows keep saying "14 fps" but seriously you're going to use the number from one single framerate drop? For the most part the game runs around its target of 30 fps, and ends up feeling smooth to play, which is most important. Again, this is another example of cows reading numbers and not actually playing the games.

DR3 isn't a beautiful game, but you simply cannot argue with hundreds and hundreds of zombies on screen, an open world with no loading screens, hundreds of objects/weapons/items that can all be used in the environment and the amount of fun value that comes with it all.

As for Infamous, I'm really hoping its good because I'm getting it on launch day. Some pre-baked lighting and missing shadows aren't gonna stop me from getting my hero on in an open world sandbox.

#68 Posted by Krelian-co (10269 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Wait, so you think the Wii was better than the 360 and PS3 then? LOL

there are many reasons why that comparison does not work but as always i guess you have to make bad examples to DC the xbone.

#69 Posted by dommeus (9194 posts) -

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

SS can't.

Doesn't justify the fact that it's OK all of a sudden.

Why am I even arguing with a fanboy? No good can come of this

#70 Posted by Cranler (8379 posts) -

The PS4 doesn't have infinite power. There are still limitations and devs will have to resort to prebaked assets from time to time, especially in an open-world game with incredible graphics.

What everyone is forgetting is that the Xbone uses even more prebaked assets and their open-world games run at 720p while looking worse than last-gen games. That's the real problem. At least when the PS4 uses 1 or 2 prebaked assets, it actually looks like a real next-gen game.

If you actually played Dead Rising 3 or even watched youtube gameplay footage you would know it easily looks better than any last gen game. Also, show me a game with 100's of npc's with as good or better graphics than DR 3.

#71 Posted by speedfog (3004 posts) -

PS4 can't render shadows confirmed. TCHBO

#72 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

SS can't.

What the shit? Yes, it DOES justify it. The PS4 shows that if it saves some computational power by using some prebaked assets, that saved power manifests itself in other graphical departments like textures, lighting, AA, and such.

The difference with the Xbone is that it uses over 9000 prebaked assets (Compared with only 2 for Infamous: SS), but the games still look like last-gen games. In fact, recent performance makes me believe the Xbone is barely stronger than the 360.

#73 Posted by happyduds77 (1445 posts) -

Lol this gen has a very bad start.

#74 Posted by TwistedShade (3147 posts) -

Look at the cows trying to damage control the Xbox One games again, I'd be that desperate if I had no games to play to, I mean between terribad Knack and the crap that Killzone was the "Gamer's Paradise" is looking pretty thin on actual games.

#75 Posted by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

You can list all the framerate and resolution stats you want. The truth is this game is damn fun and a helluva lot better than anything that the PS4 has to serve up.

Go play your stats and get your shine box boy.

Not only that, but the frame rate issue was resolved after the very first update for the game within a week of launch. Game runs smooth all the time for me. Cows are butthurt over having a more powerful system with no good games on it.

#76 Posted by handssss (1809 posts) -

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

forza has no night racing period. or weather.

infamous has days and nights, but only uses times of day according to point in the story. weather also clearly there.

#77 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13153 posts) -

My fellow Lems are still upset none of our titles support weather.

Does anyone know when the Time of day/ night/ rain cycle DLC will be released for Forza?

#78 Posted by Krelian-co (10269 posts) -

so you are comparing a full open world game that still manages too look next gen and has great effects to a corridor racing with no weather and almost everything is static.

LEM DESPERATION CONTINUATION

#79 Posted by ominous_titan (563 posts) -

Zero hype for this, never liked the free one I got for psn being hacked. 6/10 mark my words.

#80 Posted by Tessellation (8796 posts) -

the pos4 is too weak for that,lol lack of day/night cycles on a next gen game,but hey remember this just only matter to bash forza 5.

#81 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

so you are comparing a full open world game that still manages too look next gen and has great effects to a corridor racing with no weather and almost everything is static.

LEM DESPERATION CONTINUATION

Indeed. This thread is pure weak damage control. Lems are really getting more and more desperate as Xbone continues to flop. It'ls like they aren't even trying anymore.

#82 Posted by Gue1 (9456 posts) -

don't care about the day/night cycle but the lack of shadows made me lose interest on the game completely. Right now I just want it to come out to see what Sony will show next since I don't even care about The Order either. Both games are looking super mediocre and lacking on many aspects. Both bargain bin material for sure.

Like seriously, the PS3 did much better to keep me interested in its first year with Resistance, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank and MotorStorm which was insanely fun compared to the generic and boring looking Driveclub. This is why I never understood the meme about the PS3 having no games... It was pure lies.

Seeing how things are going I don't think I'll be getting a PS4 this year and if Sony canceled Santa Monica's game in favor of a new God of War to announce on this E3 I think I'm gonna have a breakdown.

#83 Edited by Gue1 (9456 posts) -

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

Because Forza is a racing game like Gran Turismo. And yes, Gran Turismo had dynamic weather and day/night cycles for years now. Meanwhile, Turn-10 with more men and bigger budget are still making a gimped games for a next-gen console.

At least try to think a little before making these petty nonsensical arguments lem. -__-

#84 Posted by PAL360 (26661 posts) -

Well, that's a bit disappointing :(

#85 Edited by AM-Gamer (3532 posts) -

@MisterXMedia: Seems you didn't read the link. Daytime features realtime shadows. You don't see them much at night unless there is a direct light source. Try again and better luck next time.

#86 Posted by dommeus (9194 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

Because Forza is a racing game like Gran Turismo. And yes, Gran Turismo had dynamic weather and day/night cycles for years now. Meanwhile, Turn-10 with more men and bigger budget are still making a gimped games for a next-gen console.

At least try to think a little before making these petty nonsensical arguments lem. -__-

not a lem...dont own an ms console...

@handssss said:

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

forza has no night racing period. or weather.

infamous has days and nights, but only uses times of day according to point in the story. weather also clearly there.

it could skip to day/night at the mission whim, just like GTA V does, if it actually could do it...

@dommeus said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@dommeus said:

Cows go nuts

Cows are OK with it

Shocker

SS can't.

What the shit? Yes, it DOES justify it. The PS4 shows that if it saves some computational power by using some prebaked assets, that saved power manifests itself in other graphical departments like textures, lighting, AA, and such.

The difference with the Xbone is that it uses over 9000 prebaked assets (Compared with only 2 for Infamous: SS), but the games still look like last-gen games. In fact, recent performance makes me believe the Xbone is barely stronger than the 360.

while I appreciate that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1, when you compare x1 power to the the 360 after games like Ryse, you just look like a bit of a desperate internet fanboy that has creepily pledged allegiance to a product

#87 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

Can't say this has ever mattered for me with videogames period.

#88 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1925 posts) -

This is not problem, other version did not have this time change is base on story progress. OMG you cannot drive or listen to radio, cancel pre order.

#89 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

So the day/night cycle just kind of happens as you play through the game. It kind of tracks the story.

It's like the game is a living organism and a true next gen title.

Again, if you think back to what we’re trying to do, we’re trying to really blow it out like a spectacular looking game, and that means hand tuning a lot of stuff. So for doing the day/night cycle, we really wanted to have the lighting be spectacular. And that means really tweaking and tuning things for that time of day to make sure the color balance is right, to make sure the lighting is spectacular, and trying to make that happen and also go through a day/night cycle is super hard to pull off.

Matched with beyond stunning graphics.

=

Day fucking 1.

AwwwwYeahhhhh

:D

#90 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

wait..I thought all games had day night cycle.

I have been playing games with day night cycle for so long I forgot some might not

#91 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

It's the first true next gen open world game despite no true time simulation, it also does have shadows just some specific light sources don't produce them. That's the general consensus.

If you want true dynamic day/night simulation wait for Daylight or Drive Club.

Red Dead Redemption looks better and will be the better game.

#92 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

The amount of crying lems are doing...

#93 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -
@hoosier7 said:

What a stupid thread, inFamous always used day/night switches as part of the story. It wouldn't make sense to experience a load of day night cycles when a part of the story is only set over a set number of days for example.

Exacly. But xboners wouldn't understand basic game design because they've never played a real game in the first place.

#94 Posted by Chutebox (36461 posts) -

Never cared for that

#95 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

A lack of cycle = Pre baked lighting.

Remember all the crap cows gave Forza 5 for this? Somehow a day/night cycle was important in a 3 minute race. Whateva

Joshua Bustamante ‏@joshuabust 21h

@atPeteDodd Don't understand... Infamous reviews were bad?

• I don't think you get the the joke, but then again you are @FoxbatAlpha lol
#96 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6071 posts) -

@killatwill15: I got the joke but that doesn't make the Lol/10 fake in my book. I thought it was clever but right up my alley.

#97 Posted by _Matt_ (8848 posts) -

As long as there is both day and night, I couldn't really care less how it transitions between the two.

#98 Posted by lamprey263 (22880 posts) -

the neon light effects probably look better at night anyways

#99 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@killatwill15: I got the joke but that doesn't make the Lol/10 fake in my book. I thought it was clever but right up my alley.

of course you aren't going to like infamous because you are a bill gates dick rider,

but that doesn't take away from the fact that you didn't look into the tweet to discern it was legit.

jokes on you boo boo

#100 Posted by gago-gago (9274 posts) -

I was looking at the recent gifs and I did notice it was all at night time. I bet the majority of the game will be night time to hide how ugly it really is.