inFAMOUS: Second Son - Lack of Day/Night Cycle

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1866 posts) -

inFAMOUS: Second Son: Lack of Dynamic Day/Night Cycle and Presence/Absence of Shadows

inFAMOUS: Second Son doesn’t have a dynamic day/night cycle, that is pretty much standard for open world games, and why the demos we have seen seem to lack shadows

So, what do you think?

#2 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

It's the first true next gen open world game despite no true time simulation, it also does have shadows just some specific light sources don't produce them. That's the general consensus.

If you want true dynamic day/night simulation wait for Daylight or Drive Club.

#3 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

Did the first two have it?

#4 Posted by Zero_epyon (5048 posts) -

Not that I don't believe you, but can you provide a source?

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

First two didn't have it, although I expect an open world game to have a day/night cycle.

Oh well.

#6 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

I am pretty sure the time of day is changed based on mission and other objectives. But I think it has a constant weather system, not sure

#7 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

Any sources on this or is this your thoughts?

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

Here's the source

TC has a bit of problem.

#9 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3259 posts) -

FreedomFromFacts scared of Infamous.

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3248 posts) -

Lol freedomfreak thread.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -
#12 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

The PS4 doesn't have infinite power. There are still limitations and devs will have to resort to prebaked assets from time to time, especially in an open-world game with incredible graphics.

What everyone is forgetting is that the Xbone uses even more prebaked assets and their open-world games run at 720p while looking worse than last-gen games. That's the real problem. At least when the PS4 uses 1 or 2 prebaked assets, it actually looks like a real next-gen game.

#13 Posted by Boddicker (2287 posts) -

Well.......just when I thought my HYPE for this game couldn't get any lower.

They take out one of the cornerstones of open world games.

I'm a cow and I hate Infamous.

#14 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24339 posts) -

You'd think an Open World game would have Day and Night Cycles.

#15 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3248 posts) -
#16 Edited by Zero_epyon (5048 posts) -

I don't see this as a problem. Some open world games are just fine without day night cycles. An example would be Batman Arkham series. It wouldn't make sense story wise if the sun came up at any point during any of those games. It could just be that there's no day night cycles because of story pacing.

EDIT: Read the source, it's exactly that. The day/night cycle is dependent on the mission like previous games. It works better for a game like this.

#17 Edited by kinectthedots (1508 posts) -

Lems butthurt over Infamous and it's damage control everywehre The dev explained they wanted spectacular lighting so they weren't going for a cycle theme by choice, but lighting change with game progression.

Also they confirmed that the game absolutely has shadows during the day time but they wount be as pronounced during the night. The damage control is storng here. Nothing on xbox one even comes close to what Infamous is doing now and lemmings are trying to nit pick it because they are scared haha.

It is amazing to see when they have absolutely no standards for xbox one games but constantly trying to give an opinion on games xbone can't even run.

This lol

Is the game lemmings have been praising as the best game on xbone since launch.

xbox360 level graphics 720p @ frame drops as low as 14 fps. lol This game is a generation apart from Infamous SS but lems praise it as their amazing open world game. You lemmings should really worry about xbone games because it is likely the reason why Watchdogs was downgraded and the xbone may never see a game the likes of Infamous SS on xbone ever.

SDC.

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

You know it's funny.

Kinda. A little.

I'm the better person though. Say it.

#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

A lack of cycle = Pre baked lighting.

Remember all the crap cows gave Forza 5 for this? Somehow a day/night cycle was important in a 3 minute race. Whateva

#21 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

Doesn't bother me really.

#22 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

Lems butthurt over Infamous and it's damage control everywehre The dev explained they wanted spectacular lighting so they weren't going for a cycle theme by choice, but lighting change with game progression.

Also they confirmed that the game absolutely has shadows during the day time but they wount be as pronounced during the night. The damage control is storng here. Nothing on xbox one even comes close to what Infamous is doing now and lemmings are trying to nit pick it because they are scared haha.

It is amazing to see when they have absolutely no standards for xbox one games but constantly trying to give an opinion on games xbone can't even run.

This lol

xbox360 level graphics 720p @ frame drops as low as 14 fps. lol This game is a generation apart from Infamous SS but lems praise it as their amazing open world game. You lemmings should really worry about xbone games because it is likely the reason why Watchdogs was downgraded and the xbone may never see a game the likes of Infamous SS on xbone ever.

SDC.

You can list all the framerate and resolution stats you want. The truth is this game is damn fun and a helluva lot better than anything that the PS4 has to serve up.

Go play your stats and get your shine box boy.

#23 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3248 posts) -
#24 Posted by heretrix (37253 posts) -

Unless it's a game about vampires, I'm not seeing how that would be a problem.

#25 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

yikes, even the ps2 was able to handle day/night cycles. probably gonna cancel my preorder now.

#26 Edited by kinectthedots (1508 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

You can list all the framerate and resolution stats you want. The truth is this game is damn fun and a helluva lot better than anything that the PS4 has to serve up.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dat glorious ass hurt and buyers remorse..let it flow

#27 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

DR3 has a 6.7 user rating on meta. It's just a trash-tier game and it isn't fun. Most people would agree.

#28 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

DR3 has a 6.7 user rating on meta. It's just a trash-tier game and it isn't fun. Most people would agree.

"casually" only hardcore lems defend dead rising 3 and ryse while in the real world everyone agrees they are terrible games.

#29 Posted by silversix_ (13666 posts) -

Let you guess what's missing in Titanfall~~~~~~~~~'only' everything.

#30 Edited by j_assassin (878 posts) -

@KarateeeChop: well i'll be damned.. Youre one the most hardcore lemming and you actually bought a ps4?!

#31 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@kinectthedots: amazing how cows turn every logical point and fact into mad and ass hurt. Thanks for confirming that you are defeated.

#32 Posted by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

"casually" only hardcore lems defend dead rising 3 and ryse while in the real world everyone agrees they are terrible games.

DR3, Ryse and infamous are all in the same boat. They have something great about them but in the real world they are all average games.

#33 Edited by kinectthedots (1508 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

It's funny becaue this thread tries to nit pick on technical aspects of a PS4 exclusive, but when I point out how shit a similar xbox one game is in comparison they freak out and say none of those things matter LMFAO. lemmings are at a paradox when ever they try to criticize PS4 games.

Look at Dead Rising 3's lighting (if you can even call it that) and shadows, it looks like someone drew everything with a crayon. Hahaha, this is what lemmings have been praising as xbox one's next gen open world game that they are so proud of pff. It's sad lemmings are this desperate, nothing on xbone even comes close to approaching what Infamous Second Son is doing in game.

Lemmings should all just shut up sit in the corner and hope no one notices them and their last gen caliber games when PS4 exclusives are being discussed.

#34 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@KarateeeChop: well i'll be damned.. Youre one the most hardcore lemming and you actually bought a ps4?!

the word you are looking for is fakeboy.

#35 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Oh dat Second Son damage control, and jelly, marches on. Seems since Watch Dogs is turning out to be a disappointment, lems and herms regretting not getting a ps4 to play the superior Infamous.

#36 Edited by mems_1224 (45826 posts) -

lmao wow.

#37 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

A lack of cycle = Pre baked lighting.

Remember all the crap cows gave Forza 5 for this? Somehow a day/night cycle was important in a 3 minute race. Whateva

Looks like you didn't get the context of that tweet :P.

#38 Posted by kinectthedots (1508 posts) -

@kinectthedots: amazing how cows turn every logical point and fact into mad and ass hurt. Thanks for confirming that you are defeated.

Since lemmings never make logical points or present relevant facts there is never anything to "turn", lems are already mad and ass hurt by virtue of being xbox fanboys.

now let it flow...:)

#39 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@kinectthedots: you want lemmings to stay out of a PS4 exclusive topic? ROFL.

You have now earned the crown: KING IDIOT

Back on topic then. No shadows is a sign of how weak the PS4 really is. Nice downgrade too!

#40 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2231 posts) -

So, 900pStation and 720pBox confirmed?

#41 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@misterpmedia: looks like you are butthurt from that tweet. (Cow tactic)

#42 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@kinectthedots: all cows know how to do is to deflect topics because they get so ass hurt and have to bring up old topics to make themselves feel like the PS4 is actually good.

#43 Posted by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -

@kinectthedots: all cows know how to do is to deflect topics because they get so ass hurt and have to bring up old topics to make themselves feel like the PS4 is actually good.

The problem is the proof is in the pudding.

6 Million sold. I usually post stuff like the top of the month to get feathers ruffled but in reality don't care.

I mean the games are coming. In time it can turn around. But If the PS4 isn't good why has it outsold the xbox one?

#44 Edited by kinectthedots (1508 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots: you want lemmings to stay out of a PS4 exclusive topic? ROFL.

You have now earned the crown: KING IDIOT

Back on topic then. No shadows is a sign of how weak the PS4 really is. Nice downgrade too!

No, fool if lemmings know what was good for them they would sit back and shut up and spare themselves the ass pain. I want lems coming in with their damage control and tears, it's entertaining to see their mental gymnastics at work and then the breakdown when they realize their logic got destroyed like with this thread.

lol, I can tell you are mad Bro..so I will post a pic of you guys favorite game to help cheer you up

lems like you love last gen quality graphics at 720p resolution at sub 30 fps when it's on xbox one, I also know how you hate downgrades but don't worry with DR3 it wouldn't even be noticed since it already looks like a PS2 game hahaha

#45 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: the ps4 is good. Sometimes in my posts I have to stoop down to the level of some of these bottom feeders to ruffle feathers too.

Name what movie: "is this the man who ruin'd the buffet?"

#47 Edited by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: the ps4 is good. Sometimes in my posts I have to stoop down to the level of some of these bottom feeders to ruffle feathers too.

Name what movie: "is this the man who ruin'd the buffet?"

Beverly hills cop right?

Yeah sorry somtimes I don;t know if you're being serious or not. Hah. Regardless 3 days!

#48 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5913 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: right!!!!! Correct answer. Don't ask me how I have that line stuck in my head. Lol

#49 Posted by blackace (19785 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots said:

This lol

SDC.

You haven't played it obviously. The game is loads of fun. I wouldn't go by any user rating on Metacritics since biased fanboys completely trash the scores of other games they've never even played. lol!! You'll see dozens of 0's on XB1 games from Sony PS fanboys. There is no loading in DR3. You can run or drive anywhere in the world. There are lots of things to do. Gamers who haven't played it, shouldn't comment on it really.

#50 Posted by hoosier7 (3700 posts) -

What a stupid thread, inFamous always used day/night switches as part of the story. It wouldn't make sense to experience a load of day night cycles when a part of the story is only set over a set number of days for example.