InFAMOUS: Second Son HYPE THREAD | It's Nearly Here!

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) 4 months, 23 days ago

Poll: InFAMOUS: Second Son HYPE THREAD | It's Nearly Here! (111 votes)

AAAA (10) 6%
AAA (9.0) 28%
AA (8.0) 37%
A (7.0) 24%
Below 7 5%

#101 Edited by kinectthedots (1507 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

Wow Titanfall really has fanboys all butthurt.

Also, if you're going to mock someone, you should probably spell Einstein correctly

What the hell are you taliking about?

So my spelling was wrong but you don't even have basic comprehension and evaluation skills. I have been in both threads where Bluehazy was making references to fans hype for the games and then he mentions "scared" along with "hyping exclusives". I am sorry if that went over your head and you have decided to make some idiotic assumptions here.

Titalfall was brought up against Infamous by the poster I was responding to because of the fact that they are getting hyped by 2 different groups, but I pointed out to him that his criticizm about sony fans being scared didn't make any sense compared to xbox fanys hyping Titanfall because one game is exclusive and one game is not....pretty simple; or at least I thought so.

How would any of that which I posted make you respond with "Titanfall really has fanboys all butthurt"? I don't know, you must be on some other shii

^see, butthurt.

I asked a specific question, to which you have no response.

It seems you are nothing more than a fanboy dimwit. I have no idea what your purpose to quote me was but it doesn't matter.

That's rather descriptive of you

And you try to call someone "jackass"?

Hey idiot, stop derailing this thead with you BS and go post in the Titanfall thread since you seem to be so excited for it. I don't want to exchange love letters with you so you can stop talking to me one on one with your childish responses as if this is going anywhere. Go be a jackass in the Titanfall thread and post about me all you want there loser.

#102 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

Also, if you're going to mock someone, you should probably spell Einstein correctly

So my spelling was wrong but you don't even have basic comprehension and evaluation skills. I have been in both threads where Bluehazy was making references to fans hype for the games and then he mentions "scared" along with "hyping exclusives". I am sorry if that went over your head and you have decided to make some idiotic assumptions here.

Titalfall was brought up against Infamous by the poster I was responding to because of the fact that they are getting hyped by 2 different groups, but I pointed out to him that his criticizm about sony fans being scared didn't make any sense compared to xbox fanys hyping Titanfall because one game is exclusive and one game is not....pretty simple; or at least I thought so.

How would any of that which I posted make you respond with "Titanfall really has fanboys all butthurt"? I don't know, you must be on some other shii

^see, butthurt.

It seems you are nothing more than a fanboy dimwit. I have no idea what your purpose to quote me was but it doesn't matter.

Hey idiot, stop derailing this thead with you BS and go post in the Titanfall thread since you seem to be so excited for it. I don't want to exchange love letters with you so you can stop talking to me one on one with your childish responses as if this is going anywhere. Go be a jackass in the Titanfall thread and post about me all you want there loser.

Well I didn't try, I did call someone a jackass. Actually I called you a jackass, you should know this since you quoted it.

#103 Edited by kinectthedots (1507 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

^see, butthurt.

Well I didn't try, I did call someone a jackass. Actually I called you a jackass, you should know this since you quoted it.

Sure thing internet warrior loser. Now take your insecure, need for attention having ass over to the Titalfall thread like I told your simple ass and stop derailing this one.

#104 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Lol at acting like lostrib would ever have anything meaningful to add to any conversation on this forum. The kid is obviously spoiled, he runs around posting with some sort of entitlement.

#105 Edited by g0ddyX (3872 posts) -
@lostrib said:

how do you know how good the gameplay is?

Gameplay videos are on youtube.

#106 Edited by CroidX (926 posts) -

Hype is AA lol Taking the safe route I see

#107 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

Lol at acting like lostrib would ever have anything meaningful to add to any conversation on this forum. The kid is obviously spoiled, he runs around posting with some sort of entitlement.

And for that, you're welcome

#108 Posted by lostrib (31694 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Sure thing internet warrior loser. Now take your insecure, need for attention having ass over to the Titalfall thread like I told your simple ass and stop derailing this one.

^dat butthurt. But please stop projecting your own issues on to me

#109 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27217 posts) -

@CroidX said:

not many people have ever hyped this as AAA.

#110 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@CroidX said:

not many people have ever hyped this as AAA.

I have hyped this AA

Only because this game has 8.0 written all over it.

#111 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@Sweenix said:

Do mods have the power to change the topic title of a poll thread? just wondering.

And do you think it would be wiser to make a hype thread without a poll, i just find a thread with polls is more convenient

Just tried. I can edit your posts but not the poll. Sorry =)

Damn!! well.. When this game flops.. Guess people will have to come in and found out haha ;)

#112 Posted by finalstar2007 (24875 posts) -

TC if you want your other hype thread to be locked then why not change the title to * Please lock this thread*???

i dont get why its taking you this long to get that very easy idea for locking a thread lol

#113 Edited by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

I guess since the other thread was a mistake I'll just repost.

I'll go with AA.

I'm kinda sorta excited for this. Most of that comes from the fact that I own a PS4, so I want to play something on it that looks fun and isn't on another system. Here's hoping that it's more fun than I expect.

#114 Posted by Alcapello (519 posts) -

I gona ride the cocktails as well, and say A

#115 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

TC if you want your other hype thread to be locked then why not change the title to * Please lock this thread*???

i dont get why its taking you this long to get that very easy idea for locking a thread lol

You cant change the topic title for a Poll Thread.

#116 Posted by finalstar2007 (24875 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Serious? you mean the "Full Edit: option wasnt available?.. GS is far more messed up than i thought.

#117 Posted by Alcapello (519 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Serious? you mean the "Full Edit: option wasnt available?.. GS is far more messed up than i thought.

She said that, a few times.

Mods are a little slow lol

#118 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

#119 Posted by finalstar2007 (24875 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Sweenix said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Sorry my bad then i thought TC didnt know how to edit the title and since i never done a thread with a poll in it the ability for not allowing to edit the title was completely unknown to me lol.

GS needs a major update thats for sure

#120 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

It's quite mind boggling, because this feature used to be here. No idea why gamespot thought it would be a great idea to remove features :S

#121 Edited by SolidTy (41525 posts) -

Based on Gamespot history, the first thing I thought of is a good solid 8.

Personal HYPE? A good solid 8.

AA. I can see it getting a 7, or A, score due to Gamespot.com's new ways of reviewing.

The games are fun, but they don't blow my mind. Infamous 2 got a 7.5 at Gamespot.com. Sequelitis, the first game was a nice change of pace and a new IP, but the second one didn't wow Gamespot. I can't imagine what the third Infamous game, the developer Sucker Punch can alter/add that would change the way GS reviews another Infamous Sequel. It will be a pretty game, but I'm not sure that Sucker Punch can amp up the wow factor to impress GS...

At least so early in the generation. They make fun games though, so I'll check Infamous 2 out sometime.

#122 Edited by Alcapello (519 posts) -

@alcapello said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Sweenix said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Sorry my bad then i thought TC didnt know how to edit the title and since i never done a thread with a poll in it the ability for not allowing to edit the title was completely unknown to me lol.

GS needs a major update thats for sure

Yea it's not the only thing, there's a few things I've noticed. All good...

#123 Edited by SolidTy (41525 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Korvus85 said:

@Sweenix said:

Do mods have the power to change the topic title of a poll thread? just wondering.

And do you think it would be wiser to make a hype thread without a poll, i just find a thread with polls is more convenient

Damn!! well.. When this game flops.. Guess people will have to come in and found out haha ;)

I know it's more work, but a better way to do a HYPE thread after years upon years of being here is by tabulating personal votes. You can see who's voting what, you can eliminate alts, it's all transparent.

Plus, you will be able to edit your OP by not using the poll as you found out:

You cant change the topic title for a Poll Thread. Another bonus if you do a manual count of the votes, you'll be able to change the topic title for the HYPE threads once again.

Polls don't work in SW anyways, competing factions for whatever game inflate anonymously. Articifial inflation of polls by fan-boys and all that. I remember one year, after a game was released and the HYPE was settled, fan-boys randomly went to the HYPE thread of that game and started changing the poll results to make the game a flop after the fact. It wasn't a popular game, so once the old HYPE thread was linked, it was a free for all to manipulate the poll AFTER the game had been reviewed. Within hours, the HYPE changed and tons of trolling commenced. It was a big headache. Happened a few times.

You see, you can't turn a poll off either after a game comes out. Tabulated votes though? You can stop counting those.

#124 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Sweenix said:

@Korvus85 said:

@Sweenix said:

I know it's more work, but a better way to do a HYPE thread after years upon years of being here is by tabulating personal votes. You can see who's voting what, you can eliminate alts, it's all transparent.

You cant change the topic title for a Poll Thread. Another bonus if you do a manual count of the votes, you'll be able to change the topic title for the HYPE threads once again.

Polls don't work in SW anyways, competing factions for whatever game inflate anonymously. Articifial inflation of polls by fan-boys and all that. I remember one year, after a game was released and the HYPE was settled, fan-boys randomly went to the HYPE thread of that game and started changing the poll results to make the game a flop after the fact. It wasn't a popular game, so once the old HYPE thread was linked, it was a free for all to manipulate the poll AFTER the game had been reviewed. Within hours, the HYPE changed and tons of trolling commenced. It was a big headache. Happened a few times.

You see, you can't turn a poll off either after a game comes out. Tabulated votes though? You can stop counting those.

Ok, i'm making another thread, and i have added everyone's score on here, so they needn't vote again :)

#125 Edited by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

ya need a 56k warning in the thread title >.>

#126 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

If only i could change the title :(

Poll threads won't let you :/

#127 Posted by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Welp glad I never made mine into a poll thread :P

#128 Edited by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I'm creating a new hype thread for this game, as most of the votes are most likely alts :p

I have counted everyone's votes, meaning they needn't vote again. So I guess i'll request a lock :)

#129 Posted by SolidTy (41525 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@SolidTy said:

@Sweenix said:

@Korvus85 said:

@Sweenix said:

Ok, i'm making another thread, and i have added everyone's score on here, so they needn't vote again :)

Glad to help. I know it's more work, but if you are taking on a HYPE thread anyways, may as go all the way.

Plus, now you can customize your OP in the new GS.

Have fun! :)

#130 Posted by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I'm creating a new hype thread for this game, as most of the votes are most likely alts :p

I have counted everyone's votes, meaning they needn't vote again. So I guess i'll request a lock :)

I'm trying to make my hype thread (the Dark Souls 2 one) the top dog/thread here since we've lacked hype threads since the remodel.

#131 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I'm trying to make my hype thread (the Dark Souls 2 one) the top dog/thread here since we've lacked hype threads since the remodel.

Personally.. Seeing as infamous is a next gen PS4 exclusive, it will automatically become bigger ;) although if titanfall flops.. That would be enormous!

#132 Posted by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

@Sweenix:

Surprised no one has done a Titanfall Hype thread, I might do one if no one else does. There should be like a Hype thread awards thing every so often, you know try and get the community back together.

Also I'm secretly hoping my hype thread does better than chars hype thread, I like having competitions >.>

#133 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@Sweenix:

Surprised no one has done a Titanfall Hype thread, I might do one if no one else does. There should be like a Hype thread awards thing every so often, you know try and get the community back together.

Also I'm secretly hoping my hype thread does better than chars hype thread, I like having competitions >.>

Isn't everything Titanfall related supposed to stay within the sticky? Mods will just take down the hype thread, don't waste your time.

#134 Edited by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix:

Isn't everything Titanfall related supposed to stay within the sticky? Mods will just take down the hype thread, don't waste your time.

If someone makes a hype thread that will get stickied, or very at least the other one would get un stickied since it's not a hype thread. The only reason why that thread is stickied is because of all the Titanfall threads were popping up cause of beta reactions and cause lems still think it's X1 only.

#135 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix:

If someone makes a hype thread that will get stickied, or very at least the other one would get un stickied since it's not a hype thread. The only reason why that thread is stickied is because of all the Titanfall threads were popping up cause of beta reactions and cause lems still think it's X1 only.

What the f*** are you waiting for then? haha

#136 Edited by Ballroompirate (21695 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@Sweenix:

What the f*** are you waiting for then? haha

It's 3 am and I'm to tired to make a hype thread lol

Actually from the looks of it that Titanfall thread might be the "official" hype thread...even though it looks half assed -.-

#137 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3238 posts) -

I think an 8.0 sounds likely.

#138 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Since McTroll reviewed Infamous 2, I don't blame people for not hyping it to the moon here.

#139 Posted by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

I give Cows a vote a of no confidence and the game will score a solid 7.

#140 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27217 posts) -