InFAMOUS: Second Son HYPE THREAD | It's Nearly Here!

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) 5 months, 16 days ago

Poll: InFAMOUS: Second Son HYPE THREAD | It's Nearly Here! (111 votes)

AAAA (10) 6%
AAA (9.0) 28%
AA (8.0) 37%
A (7.0) 24%
Below 7 5%

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

• Release Date : 21/03/2014 (North America & EMEAA)
  • Publisher : Sony Computer Entertainment
  • Platform : PlayStation 4 (PS4)
  • Game Type : Open World
  • Performance : 1080P (30FPS)

~~~TBA~~~

• Gamespot (Not Reviewed)
  • IGN (Not Reviewed)
  • POLYGON (Not Reviewed)
  • Giant Bomb (Not Reviewed)
  • EuroGamer (Not Reviewed)
  • Destructoid (Not Reviewed)
  • Digital Spy (Not Reviewed)
  • Telegraph (Not Reviewed)
  • Game informer (Not Reviewed)

#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

People are going to inflate its hype on purpose so that it'd FLOP :D Anyway, I voted realistically: A. I think it's going to score 7.

#3 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Voted AA. Think it'll get an 8. Never really interested me in the slightest but will still probably pick it up due to slim pickings on PS4. I still detest the main protagonist immensely. I just wouldn't stop hitting him in the face.

#4 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6224 posts) -

Preordered it some time ago, but let us be realistic here, GS finally began to use most of the scale (yes 9.0 games should not happen, and most games that got a 9-10 last gen was so bug ridden and flawed that they should never have seen above an 8). So I would expect an 8 out of the game, I don't think it is worse then the others in the series, may be a bit more polished since it seems it has been chosen as a showcase for the system this early.

So an 8, would be my guess.

#5 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Why are there 2 hype thread for the same game by the same poster?

#6 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

@2mrw said:

First one is stuffed up, it won't allow me to edit it, because i made it a poll thread

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

I predict 7/8, never played infamous but it looks ok. What I think people will be suprised by is its sales, this gona sell 3m easy

@2mrw said:

The hype cant be contained in 1 thread

#8 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

So this is the official hype thread ?

#9 Posted by happyduds77 (1432 posts) -

I am going to be realistic here. 8.

#10 Posted by rosko123 (508 posts) -

Picking it up day 1. My only concern is that every gameplay video I have seen outside of the trailers makes it look like it's really hard to play. People missing most shots, doing goofy stuff and getting hit all the time. Hopefully they all just sucked.

#11 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3620 posts) -

Awwwwww yeah. Joint game of the month with Metal Gear here. My body is READY (my bank account is not).

#12 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

nicely done sweenix

ofcourse voting system gonna be arse cows voting low lemming voting high

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -
@rosko123 said:

Picking it up day 1. My only concern is that every gameplay video I have seen outside of the trailers makes it look like it's really hard to play. People missing most shots, doing goofy stuff and getting hit all the time. Hopefully they all just sucked.

It's really easy trust me, the game is very accessible and anyone can jump right in.

Plus, shooting isn't the only power he has ;)

@2mrw said:

So this is the official hype thread ?

Yes it is :)

I have claimed ownership, and who ever missed out or wanted to do this.. Sorry :/

#15 Edited by PAL360 (26629 posts) -

I say 8.0. The game does look amazing, but i'm concerned about the story and dif level.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (8296 posts) -

I'm going with an 8 but personally, I've been really looking forward to this game and love the Infamous series! It could score a 5 here and I'd still be to the moon about the game.

#17 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

If the gameplay matches up the graphical improvements, then I'm guessing it should be a solid AAA (9). Though, since GS has been in weird strict mood as of mid-2013 (with the exception of a couple of series) it'll more than likely get an AA (8).

#18 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

If the gameplay matches up the graphical improvements, then I'm guessing it should be a solid AAA (9). Though, since GS has been in weird strict mood as of mid-2013 (with the exception of a couple of series) it'll more than likely get an AA (8).

Gamespot has been flopping so many games lately, it's hard to know which will flop or not anymore :p

#19 Posted by yokofox33 (29191 posts) -

It'll probably get an 8. Games looks quite good, but then again, you never know with GS.

#20 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I have no hype for this game at all, i dont know why cause i actually enjoyed the first one, didnt get to complete the second. Maybe it just isnt for me but id still get it

#21 Posted by RimacBugatti (1189 posts) -

Graphically I would say it's a 10 but gameplay wise I agree maybe a 7 or less.

#22 Posted by l34052 (3099 posts) -

i never actually played any of the previous games but i am intrigued to play this one. my guess is it will prob score 7 or 8 maybe but its purely guess work on my part.

scores dont really matter to me though if i like the look of a game i'll buy it regardless and make my own mind up

#23 Posted by Sollet (7298 posts) -

i am gonna go with 8.0 tops.

#24 Posted by bobbetybob (19114 posts) -

Cows going for the safe vote again. Will they ever vote a game to be AAA again?

#25 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

After Killzone:SF fiasco...

Poor cows :(

#26 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

After all that 2nd Son hype, cows show their cowardly nature once again and only go with an 8.0 in the official hype thread. Cows are always living in fear. Typical!

#27 Posted by OhSnapitz (18016 posts) -

@withe1982:

^ Wow! Its like you're in my head or something!

#28 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

7.O as its looks more of the same just with gorgeous graphics. Its going to be KZ:SF all over again

#29 Posted by Boddicker (2390 posts) -

I predict an 8.

The superhero genre really needs a shot in the arm. Most of them have devolved to murder simulators.

With great power comes great responsibility.

#30 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Awwww yeah. The greatest open world series returns, and we are not worthy. Knowing GS, it'll get a 7 or lower, but higher almost everywhere else.

Hyped!

#31 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27316 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

People are going to inflate its hype on purpose so that it'd FLOP :D Anyway, I voted realistically: A. I think it's going to score 7.

Like people who've been hyping it vs titanfall will all of a sudden will vote A in the hype thread. That's why I'm a firm believer in no polls for hype threads. I mean the backpedalling threads :P

EDIT (I voted AA (8) BTW same as I voted AAA (9) in the Titanfall thread as thats what I feel the respective hype in SW is)

#32 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#33 Posted by Draign (530 posts) -

I dont care about the review. I just want to know if the graphics were compromised at the last moment.

#34 Edited by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

Awwww yeah. The greatest open world series returns, and we are not worthy. Knowing GS, it'll get a 7 or lower, but higher almost everywhere else.

Hyped!

Dat system seller!

All hail the mighty AE game

#35 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

Lems constantly complain cows hype all their games AAA, but when cows dont lems complain that cow should hype all their games AAA.

Fucking lems yo.

Anyways................. 6/10 Flop at GS

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Lems constantly complain cows hype all their games AAA, but when cows dont lems complain that cow should hype all their games AAA.

Fucking lems yo.

Well,considering cows said Infamous was the next big hit coming up on the PS4. I don't see how an AAE would be something to boast about

#37 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Like people who've been hyping it vs titanfall will all of a sudden will vote A in the hype thread. That's why I'm a firm believer in no polls for hype threads. I mean the backpedalling threads :P

EDIT (I voted AA (8) BTW same as I voted AAA (9) in the Titanfall thread as thats what I feel the respective hype in SW is)

Do mods have the power to change the topic title of a poll thread? just wondering.

And do you think it would be wiser to make a hype thread without a poll, i just find a thread with polls is more convenient

#38 Posted by PonchoTaco (1930 posts) -

Why are cows not hyping this a 9?

#39 Posted by Korvus (2811 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Do mods have the power to change the topic title of a poll thread? just wondering.

And do you think it would be wiser to make a hype thread without a poll, i just find a thread with polls is more convenient

Just tried. I can edit your posts but not the poll. Sorry =)

#40 Edited by casharmy (6821 posts) -

I am thinking GS will score a 7.

For this gen, I don't think that's a bad score. Xbox ones best game "Dead Raising 3" also an open world game, scored a 7 so that is what I think GS will give Infamous SS. I think people putting 8 are being too optimistic.

What I think will bring down the score is, even tho the game looks great, the story might not match up and it has been a theme for GS to knock Sony exclusives hard if the story isn't really really strong (despite the rest). I think with great graphics and great gameplay it can score a 7. If the gameplay however isn't great it will be 6 or less. In the unlikely chance that ISS also has a great story with everything else, it could seriously score an 8 or even 9.

Official hype is 7.

#41 Edited by casharmy (6821 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

@bobbetybob said:

Fucking lems yo.

Well,considering cows said Infamous was the next big hit coming up on the PS4. I don't see how an AAE would be something to boast about

lol...TLOU is AAE on GS, >> what you just said.

Just in case that was too short and sweet for you to comprehend...

GS scores do not determine if a game is a hit or not in the real world nor it's critical reception by fans, the general public or media. GS scores are only good for SW ownage on bets and add a few precent to a games overall MC score.

In the grand scheme of things, when it comes to a game's "HIT" status, GS scores are nothing more than a little dirt on it's sholders. It can add to a games overall swagg or it can simply be brushed off. That is the reality of it.

You comment shows you take GS scores way too seriosly and need to come back to realiy.

#42 Posted by EndlessInfinity (219 posts) -

lol cows aren't hyping this game a AAA

#43 Edited by TheFadeForever (1682 posts) -

Damn you guys aren't even confident enough to hype this a 9 but rather a 7 or 8 I be laughing if this is KZ all over again

#44 Posted by slaves (1157 posts) -

AAA. I really can't wait to get my hands on this.

#45 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MonsieurX: all hail no game of the year exclusives B-)

#47 Edited by Joedgabe (5092 posts) -

@endlessinfinity said:

is just that they already know the drill. It's going to get mcshea'd.

#48 Posted by dreamdude (4610 posts) -

I'm hyping a 9. Three times a charm you know?

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (55327 posts) -

It looks nice, I guess, but I am gonna be realistic and say this will score a 7.

@Joedgabe said:

@endlessinfinity said:

is just that they already know the drill. It's going to get mcshea'd.

I wonder what you would say if sheep were similarly 'underhyping' a game :-3

#50 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@MonsieurX: all hail no game of the year exclusives B-)

Keep shouting stupidities,you're good at it.