inFAMOUS: Second Son - Downgraded

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by Bazooka_4ME (2536 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

All you're seeing is lighter colors brought on by a different time of day, a different position of the light source, and more contrast brought on by the different time of day. From what I can see there was no real physical downgrade, just a huge color and lighting shift based upon setting the scene at a different time of day. The light is clearly hitting the second images from a completely different perspective than before.

The textures and character models look virtually unchanged and the facial models have actually been improved. If you crank up the contrast and give the scene a bit brighter light and remove the orange effect, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the screens.

Of course that's all too logical to think about when you're mindlessly bashing a game. The image is a bit softer (probably a less intense AA method) and the shadows are probably a bit lower resolution, but the overall visuals of the game haven't really changed.

Everything I've seen from the latest gameplay videos the last week has been proof the game is as graphically impressive as the first time they've shown it. I was actually surprised to see it running so many particle effects and lighting effects yet able to keep a smooth framerate.

Your ignorance doesn't change those things no matter how many times you try to convince us otherwise.

I wish we had more mods like Wasdie, blue hazy, and Teuf -- unbiased, technically knowledgeable on the matter, and reasonable.

Instead we get lemmods like musicalmac, adobeartist, and freakin' steve o...

>
>

Incoming suspension in 3... 2... 1...

#202 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2556 posts) -

Well, who cares. Sleeping Dogs still looks and runs better.

#203 Posted by gpuking (2875 posts) -

Epic thread backfire is god damn epic lol. TC got sucker punched hard like a turd. Infamous SS takes a dump on Ryse like left and right, time to close this silly silly thread.

#204 Edited by AM-Gamer (3941 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

LMAO, you are always good for a laugh.

#205 Posted by AM-Gamer (3941 posts) -

What disturbs me the most is that the old build are taken from official HD screenshots, while the new build is taken which appears to be screen grabs from a compressed youtube video. Im not sure why nobody has brought that up.

#206 Posted by gpuking (2875 posts) -

It's ok guys, in 7 days I'll post some decent directfeed shots from the share button and humiliate TC in a new thread;). I can't wait to drink his tears.

#207 Posted by lglz1337 (3779 posts) -

@gpuking: indeed

#208 Edited by super600 (30667 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

What disturbs me the most is that the old build are taken from official HD screenshots, while the new build is taken which appears to be screen grabs from a compressed youtube video. Im not sure why nobody has brought that up.

I noticed that to. I hate when users use screen grabs from youtube videos to bash a game's graphics on this board. Infamous second son will look better than those screen grabs in the OP anyway.

#209 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2556 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yup, I know, 900pStation and 720pBox are in laughable position. I mean a game where a main character has no shadow from a dynamic light in 2014, laughingly bad.

#210 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2582 posts) -

FreedomFreeLife is the Sarah Palin of Xbox fans.

#211 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3782 posts) -

We've already seen the game running, so I don't see what those images are supposed to prove.

#212 Posted by kalipekona (2299 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Epic thread backfire is god damn epic lol. TC got sucker punched hard like a turd. Infamous SS takes a dump on Ryse like left and right, time to close this silly silly thread.

Only in your fevered fanboy brain. Pure delusion...just like your claims of Killzone Shadow Fall beating Crysis 3 in graphics. lol

#214 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2461 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yup, I know, 900pStation and 720pBox are in laughable position. I mean a game where a main character has no shadow from a dynamic light in 2014, laughingly bad.

TitanFall has higher res than Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer but also more pixels. So you lost.

#215 Posted by PAL360 (26888 posts) -

Here are some 'downgraded' new pics:

Looks amazing to me =)

#216 Posted by Bigboi500 (29959 posts) -

Nothing in the game has been downgraded. TC is full of it.

#217 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

TitanFall has higher res than Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer but also more pixels. So you lost.

Killzone's IQ is still native 1080p, Titanfall looks like a last gen mess on source engine with single digit frame rate drops and huge tears. Not to mention every other frame in Killzone is 1080p stitched just stitched a lower res.

Furthermore to completely own this entire thread and TC @FreedomFreeLife here's lots of delicious in game screen shots for you to cry over:

click

click

Some hyperlinked^ because they wouldn't upload. All these are in game by people who have got the game early and are slightly downgraded because of the PS4 compression file sharing system so think about what they look like actually on...your...screen.

This should be </thread> as I have just owned lemmy TC and his failed attempts to spread some FUD about this game on system wars. That last one of him in the air doing the karma bomb just shat all over those pictures from dualshockers. Game, set, match.

Edit: OK apparently I took too long making this post and someone beat me too it. The point of the whole post still stands though ;)

#218 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2556 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Yup but that doesn't change the fact that 720pBox is weaker than 900pStation in specs.

#219 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

Ugh. I want to buy this game when I get my ps4 but I also want to preorder Destiny.

#220 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4687 posts) -

lems are shook to sh%t, this game looks incredible.

#221 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Even if there is a downgrade this game looks fucking spectacular

#222 Posted by SolidTy (43397 posts) -

Thread was a farce. Not surprised.

#223 Edited by kinectthedots (1942 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Thread was a farce. Not surprised.

Lol, it's funny all the posters who happily tried to agree the TC but once debunked have all disappeared.

#224 Posted by Scipio8 (642 posts) -

The game doesn't look as good in motion as in those bull shots

#225 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Prove it, lem.

#226 Edited by BigBadBully (631 posts) -

The game has less features than Infamous 2 and doesnt bring anything new. You would expect for the third game in the franchise to bring in co-op or multiplayer. That's another downgrade besides just graphics. Review's will most likely knock the score down because of that. It's kind of sad that Ryse has more replayability and modes than Infamous SS, but this will be a filler game just like Ryse was on the xbox one.

#227 Edited by PAL360 (26888 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

I actually think it looks better in motion!

SPOILERS

#228 Posted by Gue1 (10029 posts) -

@Bazooka_4ME said:

@Wasdie said:

All you're seeing is lighter colors brought on by a different time of day, a different position of the light source, and more contrast brought on by the different time of day. From what I can see there was no real physical downgrade, just a huge color and lighting shift based upon setting the scene at a different time of day. The light is clearly hitting the second images from a completely different perspective than before.

The textures and character models look virtually unchanged and the facial models have actually been improved. If you crank up the contrast and give the scene a bit brighter light and remove the orange effect, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the screens.

Of course that's all too logical to think about when you're mindlessly bashing a game. The image is a bit softer (probably a less intense AA method) and the shadows are probably a bit lower resolution, but the overall visuals of the game haven't really changed.

Everything I've seen from the latest gameplay videos the last week has been proof the game is as graphically impressive as the first time they've shown it. I was actually surprised to see it running so many particle effects and lighting effects yet able to keep a smooth framerate.

Your ignorance doesn't change those things no matter how many times you try to convince us otherwise.

I wish we had more mods like Wasdie, blue hazy, and Teuf -- unbiased, technically knowledgeable on the matter, and reasonable.

Instead we get lemmods like musicalmac, adobeartist, and freakin' steve o...

>

>

Incoming suspension in 3... 2... 1...

no point in crying about it. If someone like adobe is mod on this site then you know the standards can't get any lower than that. XD

#229 Edited by kinectthedots (1942 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Scipio8 said:

Prove it, lem.

All that shots that have been posted are from actual gameplay screen caps LMAO, lemmings can't believe it's real.

Hahaha I can't stop laughing this lemming actually calls these in-game screen caps bullshots.

#230 Posted by hoplayletsplay (981 posts) -

This Infamous game looks so much better than the original one. I can't believe they made so much improvement since, like literally everything, from graphics to gameplay and story presentation. It really felt like a generational leap.

But then the graphics from the original game never bothered me, it was the repetition that got to me. Now that we have plenty of powers to play with, lets hope the missions and environment are more varied and have more feedback.

#231 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@BigBadBully said:

The game has less features than Infamous 2 and doesnt bring anything new. You would expect for the third game in the franchise to bring in co-op or multiplayer. That's another downgrade besides just graphics. Review's will most likely knock the score down because of that. It's kind of sad that Ryse has more replayability and modes than Infamous SS, but this will be a filler game just like Ryse was on the xbox one.

why would you expect that? And why is that a downgrade lol. Can games no longer be single player at all now? Does it? Have you played it? Pretty sure the game isn't out yet ;). I've replied because this just looks like a drive by shit posting comment, so will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter.

#232 Posted by RSM-HQ (784 posts) -

I believe the (downgrade) is merely difference in the weather patterns/ time of day.

I don't see anything other than different filters & shadows tweaked personally.

Best wait till you get your own personal hands on I suppose & judge it from that.

#233 Edited by Shewgenja (9302 posts) -

This thread backfired rather deliciously.

Of course, you almost can't blame the Lems these days. With Forza 5 and MGS GZ not having any weather or day/night transitions, it's easy to see why they get confused. We're only now beta testing weather and day cycles in the real world, too. I guess the problem with that being, Lems don't really live in reality, either.

#234 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14124 posts) -

I love when these shit trolls get owned so unmercifully.

#235 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14124 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

@Scipio8 said:

I actually think it looks better in motion!

SPOILERS

Holy shit suckerpunch really worked hard this time around on their storytelling. In general alot of the leaked footage I've seen has given me a heavy uncharted vibe.

#236 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

#237 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

#238 Posted by Malta_1980 (11358 posts) -

inFamous: Second son still looks amazing !!

#239 Edited by WallofTruth (1694 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@walloftruth said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

That looks amazing, is that Sunset Overdrive?

Kinect Sports Rivals.

Also they said that SunSet Overdrive will look better than E3 trailer. Also colorful and big world :)

Well if that game really looks like that when it comes out then color me impressed.

#240 Edited by WallofTruth (1694 posts) -
@highking_kallor said:

@walloftruth:

Low standards mate if that gif impresses you.

Low standards mate if you keep stalking me in every thread.

I must have really struck a nerve with you though, I'm loving it! :)

#241 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4931 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

lmao keep trying mate. :)

#242 Posted by Shewgenja (9302 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Scipio8 said:

lmao keep trying mate. :)

LOL, you know they are fleeing this thread like cockroaches from a fog bomb!

#243 Posted by kinectthedots (1942 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@walloftruth said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

That looks amazing, is that Sunset Overdrive?

Kinect Sports Rivals.

Also they said that SunSet Overdrive will look better than E3 trailer. Also colorful and big world :)

Well if that game really looks like that when it comes out then color me impressed.

Go to the new Kinect Sports Rivals thread video thread...it doesn't

HERE

#244 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

This must be a painful thread for TC to come back to every time it's bumped. Quite surprised it's not locked yet. Multiple times has the TC been proven wrong. There's nothing else to discuss.

#245 Posted by kinectthedots (1942 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

This must be a painful thread for TC to come back to every time it's bumped. Quite surprised it's not locked yet. Multiple times has the TC been proven wrong. There's nothing else to discuss.

Sure, but another lemming bits the dust every time a new pic of Infamous Second Son is posted in this thread.

#246 Edited by highking_kallor (524 posts) -

@walloftruth: Um you engaged me first with your rubbish spelling/grammar checking. Then you kept responding with more of the rubbish yet im stalking you. Yeah right kid try harder. Maybe one day you will make the grade.

I cant help it if your blind and think rubbish looks good.

Actually, now I think about it im not going to engage you any more. You are obviously a child and to be honest it is beneath me so farewell chump. Have a great life.

#247 Posted by lglz1337 (3779 posts) -

this game blows everything on xBone get over it lemmings

#248 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

This game knocks the F out of anything on Xbone. LOL @ the asshurt lems trying to bash its visuals like anything on Xbone comes close.

#249 Posted by MonsieurX (30285 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

This game knocks the F out of anything on Xbone. LOL @ the asshurt lems trying to bash its visuals like anything on Xbone comes close.

Don't see how an AAE would do that

#250 Posted by Shewgenja (9302 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Don't see how an AAE would do that

Shall we judge Ryse's graphics based on it's score or will this end here and now?