inFAMOUS: Second Son - Downgraded

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#101 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Pretty obvious downgrade, but only the fanboys will be surprised by it i'd imagine.

Lol @kinectthedots having a meltdown in this thread though.

I posted a video fool, stop reaching. There is no downgrade to be seen in the game when it's actually in front of you being plaed. These screens are obviously tampered with.

I mean Infamous Second Son is a 1080p game and as crisp as a fresh baked apple pie so why are all the TC's alternate screens so blurry looking? It doesn't add up when none of the other pictures resemble the actual game, looking at other pictures, video *I posted* or any gifs of the actual gameplay.

Stop acting like a dumbass just because Infamous Second Son isn't available on your PC or xbox360. The pic I posted of Infamous is NEW and looks nothing like the alternate pics the TC post but rather like the originals.

1. Because it was downgraded duh.

2. It will be available for my PS4.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#102 Posted by freedomfreak (48796 posts) -

Kinect Sports Rivals looks really good.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#103 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Kinect Sports Rivals looks really good.

Best looking next gen game confirmed. Infawho?

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#104 Posted by wolverine4262 (20723 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Kinect Sports Rivals looks really good.

I wonder how the cows feel about the current graphics king being a kinect game.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#105 Posted by freedomfreak (48796 posts) -
@Snugenz said:

Best looking next gen game confirmed. Infawho?

Yeah, by far. It has color too, which is always a nice bonus.

@wolverine4262 said:

I wonder how the cows feel about the current graphics king being a kinect game.

They're in the Titanfall thread DC'ing over a multiplat. I think they're too far gone to care at this point.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#106 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Pretty obvious downgrade, but only the fanboys will be surprised by it i'd imagine.

Lol @kinectthedots having a meltdown in this thread though.

I posted a video fool, stop reaching. There is no downgrade to be seen in the game when it's actually in front of you being plaed. These screens are obviously tampered with.

I mean Infamous Second Son is a 1080p game and as crisp as a fresh baked apple pie so why are all the TC's alternate screens so blurry looking? It doesn't add up when none of the other pictures resemble the actual game, looking at other pictures, video *I posted* or any gifs of the actual gameplay.

Stop acting like a dumbass just because Infamous Second Son isn't available on your PC or xbox360. The pic I posted of Infamous is NEW and looks nothing like the alternate pics the TC post but rather like the originals.

1. Because it was downgraded duh.

2. It will be available for my PS4.

Except It's NOT blurry fool and it wasn't downgraded Lem. Now you are making yourself look like an idiot and extremely desperate.

From live video of the newest dev gameplay session. Safe to say that you are one of the most pathetic fanboys out to still try to make that argument after it's been proven false. keep totting that horn though, it's funny to see you expose yourself as a biased xbot clown while trying to pretend to be objective.

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#107 Posted by wolverine4262 (20723 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

They're in the Titanfall thread DC'ing over a multiplat. I think they're too far gone to care at this point.

Titanfall gave 'em dat mad cow diseeze i saw on da nues.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#108 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Pretty obvious downgrade, but only the fanboys will be surprised by it i'd imagine.

Lol @kinectthedots having a meltdown in this thread though.

I posted a video fool, stop reaching. There is no downgrade to be seen in the game when it's actually in front of you being plaed. These screens are obviously tampered with.

I mean Infamous Second Son is a 1080p game and as crisp as a fresh baked apple pie so why are all the TC's alternate screens so blurry looking? It doesn't add up when none of the other pictures resemble the actual game, looking at other pictures, video *I posted* or any gifs of the actual gameplay.

Stop acting like a dumbass just because Infamous Second Son isn't available on your PC or xbox360. The pic I posted of Infamous is NEW and looks nothing like the alternate pics the TC post but rather like the originals.

1. Because it was downgraded duh.

2. It will be available for my PS4.

Except It's NOT blurry fool and it wasn't downgraded Lem. Now you are making yourself look like an idiot and extremely desperate.

From live video of the newest dev gameplay session. Safe to say that you are one of the most pathetic fanboys out to still try to make that argument after it's been proven false. keep totting that horn though, it's funny to see you expose yourself as a biased xbot clown while trying to pretend to be objective.

It was you who said it was blurry you bovine simpleton. And once again, not a lem. Plus i'm not the one having a meltdown posting the same vid multiple times in the same thread in the hope that other people like what you like, how desperate can you get.

P.S: Did you see that Kinect Rivals gif, now that's the best looking next gen console game i've seen, tempted to get an X1 for it, you should consider it too.

Avatar image for Shielder7
#109 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

Yeah like it's the only game to ever use bullshots. They're not even a bad downgrade at first glance the March ones actually looked better unlike Watch Dogs which is a multiplat and looks like complete crap compared to the E3 version.

Besides that what was the point of this thread? Anyone who isn't a complete Lemming tard would know that if Infamous SS was on the Xbone it would look even worse.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#110 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

Meh. Looks good to me.

Can't wait.

Avatar image for Shielder7
#111 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Wasdie said:

@FreedomFreeLife: You just confirmed everything I said. Completely different lighting from a time of day difference. This also may introduce a haze to the environment (there is a lot of smoke/haze i the screens we've seen) or you're just taking the second from a really poor source.

You're not convincing anybody here.

Lower textures, no shadows is day differences???

I don't get it what's your point are you suggesting it would look better if it was on the Xbox One?

Avatar image for handssss
#112 Posted by handssss (1905 posts) -

Different time of day with shadow amounts also following this = downgrade apparently

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#113 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Pretty obvious downgrade, but only the fanboys will be surprised by it i'd imagine.

Lol @kinectthedots having a meltdown in this thread though.

I posted a video fool, stop reaching. There is no downgrade to be seen in the game when it's actually in front of you being plaed. These screens are obviously tampered with.

I mean Infamous Second Son is a 1080p game and as crisp as a fresh baked apple pie so why are all the TC's alternate screens so blurry looking? It doesn't add up when none of the other pictures resemble the actual game, looking at other pictures, video *I posted* or any gifs of the actual gameplay.

Stop acting like a dumbass just because Infamous Second Son isn't available on your PC or xbox360. The pic I posted of Infamous is NEW and looks nothing like the alternate pics the TC post but rather like the originals.

1. Because it was downgraded duh.

2. It will be available for my PS4.

Except It's NOT blurry fool and it wasn't downgraded Lem. Now you are making yourself look like an idiot and extremely desperate.

From live video of the newest dev gameplay session. Safe to say that you are one of the most pathetic fanboys out to still try to make that argument after it's been proven false. keep totting that horn though, it's funny to see you expose yourself as a biased xbot clown while trying to pretend to be objective.

It was you who said it was blurry you bovine simpleton. And once again, not a lem. Plus i'm not the one having a meltdown posting the same vid multiple times in the same thread in the hope that other people like what you like, how desperate can you get.

P.S: Did you see that Kinect Rivals gif, now that's the best looking next gen console game i've seen, tempted to get an X1 for it, you should consider it too.

No I said the picuers the TC used were blurry moron.

LMAO, and you now say Kinect Rivals was the best looking next gen game you've seen? Yeah, you are not a lem....right.

How about this, since Kinect Rivals is the best looking next gen game to you in your eyes then you go ahead and get an Xbox 1 for it lol and I will get a PS4 for Infamous Second Son. I don't care what you do with your money as your opinion about anything game related it biased to what platform it's on.

You are more fanbooy than gamer so you buy 2 xbox ones (there are plenty of them sitting around) and send it to me since you think it's so great and suggest I have one. But I am not spending my money on that shit, I will be buying a PS4 when Infamous SS drops and I don't really care if you get one or not.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#114 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

No I said the picuers the TC used were blurry moron.

LMAO, and you now say Kinect Rivals was the best looking next gen game you've seen? Yeah, you are not a lem....right.

How about this, since Kinect Rivals is the best looking next gen game to you in your eyes then you go ahead and get an Xbox 1 for it lol and I will get a PS4 for Infamous Second Son. I don't care what you do with your money as your opinion about anything game related it biased to what platform it's on.

You are more fanbooy than gamer so you buy 2 xbox ones (there are plenty of them sitting around) and send it to me since you think it's so great and suggest I have one. But I am not spending my money on that shit, I will be buying a PS4 when Infamous SS drops and I don't really care if you get one or not.

You're just jelly of Kinect Rivals, and i don't need to be a lem to recognize it's majestic beauty and godly graphics.

I have to cover my PS4 whenever i watch (yes watch for minutes at a time) Kinect Sports Rival gifs so it doesn't get jealous. I'd hate to be a loser like you who has to hide themselves away from experiencing true beauty like Kinect Sports Rivals (or KSR if you will).

God help you sir, god help you indeed.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#116 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

More like upgraded. The true next gen title! Greatness awaits!

Avatar image for RR360DD
#117 Posted by RR360DD (13552 posts) -

LOOOOL

Seriously, this game just keeps getting worse.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#118 Posted by applefan1991 (3330 posts) -

Wow, this is a scary trend developing. E3 - show amazing graphics, next year release - good but not as good as what was shown 8 months prior. Still gonna pick up this game because I like the story and the first 2 games, but not excited about this new trend.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#119 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (1464 posts) -

Downgrade Awaits.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#120 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Bye bye Shadows

Avatar image for Bishop1310
#121 Edited by Bishop1310 (1273 posts) -

all E3 games ran on PC's that I believe devs thought would be somewhat close to the specs the consoles would be in the end.. Now that the consoles aren't close to that all the games have been downgraded.. I don't think this is a huge downgrade and it doesn't change anything I'll still buy it.. On the other hand this is typical Sony BS we should all be used to.

Avatar image for shawn30
#122 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Graphics aren't the issue with this game as far as I can tell. A bit of a downgrade, but still fantastic visuals considering this is an open world game. The lighting is fantastic. It just looks boring as hell is the issue I have. The enemies couldn't be more bland.

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#123 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

No I said the picuers the TC used were blurry moron.

LMAO, and you now say Kinect Rivals was the best looking next gen game you've seen? Yeah, you are not a lem....right.

How about this, since Kinect Rivals is the best looking next gen game to you in your eyes then you go ahead and get an Xbox 1 for it lol and I will get a PS4 for Infamous Second Son. I don't care what you do with your money as your opinion about anything game related it biased to what platform it's on.

You are more fanbooy than gamer so you buy 2 xbox ones (there are plenty of them sitting around) and send it to me since you think it's so great and suggest I have one. But I am not spending my money on that shit, I will be buying a PS4 when Infamous SS drops and I don't really care if you get one or not.

You're just jelly of Kinect Rivals, and i don't need to be a lem to recognize it's majestic beauty and godly graphics.

I have to cover my PS4 whenever i watch (yes watch for minutes at a time) Kinect Sports Rival gifs so it doesn't get jealous. I'd hate to be a loser like you who has to hide themselves away from experiencing true beauty like Kinect Sports Rivals (or KSR if you will).

God help you sir, god help you indeed.

lol, can it fool. Your MS sales pitch is rusty and needs work, you might not get your commission check this month. You xbox clowns will try clinging on any game to make an argument with now, it's sad.

Like I said you buy your xbone for this kinect required mini game and I will by a PS4 when Infamous Drops. You can enjoy your surf and bowling kinect mini games and I will enjoy an open world superhero sandbox game.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#125 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

"Downgraded" = time of day changed leading to different lighting effects.

FreedomFromFacts topic, mods please lock.

Pretty much.

Avatar image for clyde46
#126 Posted by clyde46 (48940 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Pretty obvious downgrade, but only the fanboys will be surprised by it i'd imagine.

Lol @kinectthedots having a meltdown in this thread though.

I posted a video fool, stop reaching. There is no downgrade to be seen in the game when it's actually in front of you being plaed. These screens are obviously tampered with.

I mean Infamous Second Son is a 1080p game and as crisp as a fresh baked apple pie so why are all the TC's alternate screens so blurry looking? It doesn't add up when none of the other pictures resemble the actual game, looking at other pictures, video *I posted* or any gifs of the actual gameplay.

Stop acting like a dumbass just because Infamous Second Son isn't available on your PC or xbox360. The pic I posted of Infamous is NEW and looks nothing like the alternate pics the TC post but rather like the originals.

1. Because it was downgraded duh.

2. It will be available for my PS4.

Except It's NOT blurry fool and it wasn't downgraded Lem. Now you are making yourself look like an idiot and extremely desperate.

From live video of the newest dev gameplay session. Safe to say that you are one of the most pathetic fanboys out to still try to make that argument after it's been proven false. keep totting that horn though, it's funny to see you expose yourself as a biased xbot clown while trying to pretend to be objective.

It was you who said it was blurry you bovine simpleton. And once again, not a lem. Plus i'm not the one having a meltdown posting the same vid multiple times in the same thread in the hope that other people like what you like, how desperate can you get.

P.S: Did you see that Kinect Rivals gif, now that's the best looking next gen console game i've seen, tempted to get an X1 for it, you should consider it too.

Its so much fun to rile the cows up.

Avatar image for Netherscourge
#127 Edited by Netherscourge (16363 posts) -

From the look of recent reviews, none of the respected game-review sites care about texture quality (Titanfall), framerate drops (Titanfall/RYSE) or even graphic resolution/fidelity (RYSE/Killzone). Even games that are buggy as hell (BF4) get AA scores.

Either the game is fun or it's not. That's how it'll be scored.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#128 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@clyde46: Jelly confirmed. B-)

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#129 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

That's an entirely different Time of day you colossal moron.

Avatar image for Snugenz
#130 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

No I said the picuers the TC used were blurry moron.

LMAO, and you now say Kinect Rivals was the best looking next gen game you've seen? Yeah, you are not a lem....right.

How about this, since Kinect Rivals is the best looking next gen game to you in your eyes then you go ahead and get an Xbox 1 for it lol and I will get a PS4 for Infamous Second Son. I don't care what you do with your money as your opinion about anything game related it biased to what platform it's on.

You are more fanbooy than gamer so you buy 2 xbox ones (there are plenty of them sitting around) and send it to me since you think it's so great and suggest I have one. But I am not spending my money on that shit, I will be buying a PS4 when Infamous SS drops and I don't really care if you get one or not.

You're just jelly of Kinect Rivals, and i don't need to be a lem to recognize it's majestic beauty and godly graphics.

I have to cover my PS4 whenever i watch (yes watch for minutes at a time) Kinect Sports Rival gifs so it doesn't get jealous. I'd hate to be a loser like you who has to hide themselves away from experiencing true beauty like Kinect Sports Rivals (or KSR if you will).

God help you sir, god help you indeed.

lol, can it fool. Your MS sales pitch is rusty and needs work, you might not get your commission check this month. You xbox clowns will try clinging on any game to make an argument with now, it's sad.

Like I said you buy your xbone for this kinect required mini game and I will by a PS4 when Infamous Drops. You can enjoy your surf and bowling kinect mini games and I will enjoy an open world superhero sandbox game.

So oblivious...

Avatar image for Heil68
#131 Posted by Heil68 (56335 posts) -

Still a visually stunning game only possible on the world's most powerful video game console to have even been created, the PS4. Got my copy paid of already, cant wait to play. Not to mention how GENEROUS Sucker Punch and SONY are and giving everybody the Limited Edition upgrade for FREE.

A prime example of the by gamers for gamers mantra, coupled with the Live, Learn and Love philosophy that SONY practices.

We are humbled by your generosity and good will SONY. <3

Avatar image for clyde46
#132 Posted by clyde46 (48940 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@clyde46: Jelly confirmed. B-)

You need to stop those tears.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#133 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

That looks amazing, is that Sunset Overdrive?

Kinect Sports Rivals.

Also they said that SunSet Overdrive will look better than E3 trailer. Also colorful and big world :)

Avatar image for Rage010101
#134 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

lol sony drones just got owned

Avatar image for Couth_
#135 Edited by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

Wow, this is a scary trend developing. E3 - show amazing graphics, next year release - good but not as good as what was shown 8 months prior. Still gonna pick up this game because I like the story and the first 2 games, but not excited about this new trend.

The comparison from the OP is from the leaked 720p footage on youtube.. I don't doubt there is a downgrade but there is no way it's nearly as drastic as a compressed, low res screen grab.. Uncompressed and in 1080p it will still look really good

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#136 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

It doesn't surprise me that lems would have no clue that the position of the sun changes based on the time of day considering many of you haven't made it past the threshold in your mothers basement in quite some time.

If anything they added detail, shadows are still there.

Low res compressed screen grabs don't change that.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#137 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Different time of day and comparing a direct feed screenshot to a 720 youtube screen = EPIC FAIL OP.

I guess since Xbone can't handle night and day cycles lems don't know shadows change with time of day. TLHBO.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#138 Edited by lundy86_4 (47474 posts) -

There are notable differences, such as texture resolution in a few pics. I don't doubt that it will look great, and the next in the series will be even better.

People should pretty much always expect a downgrade of some kind... Very few devs pull off announcement level graphics.

Avatar image for Cyberdot
#139 Posted by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

Pretty much all games at E3 were shown on PCs.

That's why they looked good.

Avatar image for Phazevariance
#140 Edited by Phazevariance (11681 posts) -

looks all washed out. downgrade complete

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#141 Posted by NFJSupreme (6297 posts) -

This seems to be industry marketing strategy these days. Never know till you have the actual game.

Avatar image for acp_45
#142 Posted by ACP_45 (2443 posts) -

Wow

Just leave this game alone...

It looks amazing..... Stop being unhealthy.

The pics that were compared were clearly different lighting angles and time of day.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#143 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13172 posts) -

Don't NPD results release today? Guess lemmings are getting foolishness out of the way early because they will be nowhere to found later.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#144 Posted by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Different time of day and comparing a direct feed screenshot to a 720 youtube screen = EPIC FAIL OP.

I guess since Xbone can't handle night and day cycles lems don't know shadows change with time of day. TLHBO.

Why do you have to make up shit about the Xb1? Seriously, are you really that insecure?

Avatar image for kbanna
#145 Posted by kbanna (741 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

It's not huge a downgrade like titanfall. 1080p to 792p lolol

Titanfall was never downgraded

Avatar image for TheTruthIsREAL
#147 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (809 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

It's not huge a downgrade like titanfall. 1080p to 792p lolol

Titanfall was never downgraded

You sure?

Avatar image for Mozelleple112
#148 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6945 posts) -

A very mild downgrade at best. Nothing even remotely close to the monstrosity that is Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#149 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

LMAO @haters this is not a downgrade or a upgrade just a different lightning condition

thread failed!

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#150 Posted by nutcrackr (13021 posts) -

Def downgrade with shadows. The color and position of the sun has changed but the shadows have been rendered vastly inferior and in many cases don't exist at all.