Infamous remains top selling game in UK

#101 Posted by highking_kallor (594 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor: Don't have a clue

Say no more.

#102 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

Word is inFAMOUS SS is has sold over a million WW already. Very impressive. Titanflop not so much as it needed to sell much more than it did justify the hype and marketing dollars wasted.

#103 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

no one has announced 1 mill. Vgchartz has it at 700k.

#104 Posted by Xplode_games (616 posts) -

Wonderful, if only it hadn't flopped.

#105 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

lolvgchartz

#106 Posted by kingtito (5247 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@lancex2 said:

lolvgchartz

Quoting VGCharts is just as bad as making claims without proof huh I_can't_haz?

#107 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@lancex2 said:

lolvgchartz

Crying and being butthurt all the time is the worst I would think. Why are you always crying in threads dude?

#108 Posted by kingtito (5247 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@lancex2 said:

lolvgchartz

Crying and being butthurt all the time is the worst I would think. Why are you always crying in threads dude?

Is that what you call crying cow? Someone makes a claim without proof and I'm crying because I call them out? Make anymore poll threads kid? You're so pathetic I bet you didn't.

#109 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@lancex2 said:

lolvgchartz

Is that what you call crying cow? Someone makes a claim without proof and I'm crying because I call them out? Make anymore poll threads kid? You're so pathetic I bet you didn't.

Dem salty lem tears. Is there any thread you're not butthurt over something in?

#110 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -

No wonder No body talks about Tatanfall anymore .... lol

#111 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

Potatofall became so irrelevant so quickly. Silly EA.

#112 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hippiesanta said:

meanwhile in the real world

https://twitter.com/search?q=titanfall&src=typd&f=realtime

fucking cows butthurt....Titanfall sold more than Infamous in the UK, and is the number one selling game of the year on Amazon.

cry more

#113 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hippiesanta said:

fucking cows butthurt....Titanfall sold more than Infamous in the UK, and is the number one selling game of the year on Amazon.

cry more

lmao Twitter mentions. You're as bad as Pete Dodd.

Dat Titanplunge. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-10/videogames/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-17/videogames/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-24/videogames/

Keep being a white knight for a shit game no one cares about, maybe Respawn will send Abbie over to pat you on the head in few months.

#114 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@hippiesanta said:

cry more

Dat Titanplunge. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-10/videogames/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-17/videogames/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-24/videogames/

Keep being a white knight for a shit game no one cares about, maybe Respawn will send Abbie over to pat you on the head in few months.

#LOL, so you dont care about the game, but know by name some of the team members? hahaha, what a fucking clown.

#115 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8857 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: wow someone woke up mad today. Just accept the fact that NotFamous sales will never reach TitanGod.

Have a spot of tea and let this sink in.

#116 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

#LOL, so you dont care about the game, but know by name some of the team members? hahaha, what a fucking clown.

Big surprise, I know who the chief lem harder of a game with massive amounts of manufactured hype is. Not shocking that knowing what you're talking about would be so alien for you. :)

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher: wow someone woke up mad today. Just accept the fact that NotFamous sales will never reach TitanGod.

Potatoflop plunge is undeniable. Bow to your Sucker Punch kings!

#117 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Big surprise, I know who the chief lem harder of a game with massive amounts of manufactured hype is. Not shocking that knowing what you're talking about would be so alien for you. :)

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Potatoflop plunge is undeniable. Bow to your Sucker Punch kings!

kings? who've you been talking to? the king of the potato people?

Infamous = an 8/10, lower than titanfall on metacritic, and sold less than titanfall

#118 Posted by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:
@tymeservesfate said:

what aren't cows getting again here...there's...is...nothing...else...to...buy...on...the...ps4.

lol smh, of course they're buying that game up. there's no other big release on the system exclusive or otherwise.

The same could be said about the XBone and Titanfall. And thats not even an exclusive...

eh...does it NEED to be exclusive? not really...it just needs to not be on a ps4.

So... you're saying people are buying Titanfall only because it isnt on the PS4? Ok then

when did i say that nonsense lol. that one is on you friend, not me.

@handssss said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:
@tymeservesfate said:

what aren't cows getting again here...there's...is...nothing...else...to...buy...on...the...ps4.

lol smh, of course they're buying that game up. there's no other big release on the system exclusive or otherwise.

The same could be said about the XBone and Titanfall. And thats not even an exclusive...

eh...does it NEED to be exclusive? not really...it just needs to not be on a ps4. besides, the XB1 has more full retail exclusives released as it is. those along with the numerous "Arcade"-Plants vs Zombies...Max: TCOB...etc- games it's been putting out over the months, the XB1 is doing good with games. not outstanding with games...but good.

@Chutebox said:st

@tymeservesfate: That's the case with X1 too. So..... Do you have a point? Neither system have had any big games since launch

not really, no. ^^

if i don't need to buy an xbone to play a game i am slightly interested in, then why the hell would I? In fact, it'd be objectively stupid for me to buy an Xbox One JUST to play titanfall or plants vs zombies. my laptop can run it and a 360 could run it. It's not a demanding game.

There's no true incentive. Say what you want about infamous and other ps4 exclusive games. They're REAL exclusives which means if you wanna play em, you need the system. In addition to this, everyone knows more will come and continue to come all gen long. Many new IPs will be made. MS? Halo, Gears, and Forza are the most known heavy hitters and and this gen,MS needs to prove that they'll do more than that. Not just for 2-3 years like they did last gen, but the whole gen. there was no freebie start without competition for them this time. They can't just give up halfway for kinect shovelware because that won't work either. Maybe NOW we see core games made truly better with Kinect.

well the NPD isnt too far away. we'll see how many people agree with you. we'll just ignore the reports of Xbox One sales spikes after Titanfall's release until then. if you need too.

plus MS is already proving what you're asking for. for new IPs are in the system's future. they already have announcements of Sunset OverDrive, Project Spark, and Quantum Break for the first taste of new IPs. while giving several recent press releases saying how they have even more planned for this years E3. just because cows want to ignore that doesnt mean its not obviously there.

Sony has just The Order and another Uncharted left...after just releasing another Infamous and Killzone. Sony is CURRENTLY doing exactly what cows are saying MS will do eventually, rehashing popular franchises...but lets ignore that, right?

#119 Edited by handssss (1898 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:
@tymeservesfate said:

eh...does it NEED to be exclusive? not really...it just needs to not be on a ps4.

So... you're saying people are buying Titanfall only because it isnt on the PS4? Ok then

when did i say that nonsense lol. that one is on you friend, not me.

@handssss said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Vatusus said:
@tymeservesfate said:

eh...does it NEED to be exclusive? not really...it just needs to not be on a ps4. besides, the XB1 has more full retail exclusives released as it is. those along with the numerous "Arcade"-Plants vs Zombies...Max: TCOB...etc- games it's been putting out over the months, the XB1 is doing good with games. not outstanding with games...but good.

@Chutebox said:st

@tymeservesfate: That's the case with X1 too. So..... Do you have a point? Neither system have had any big games since launch

not really, no. ^^

if i don't need to buy an xbone to play a game i am slightly interested in, then why the hell would I? In fact, it'd be objectively stupid for me to buy an Xbox One JUST to play titanfall or plants vs zombies. my laptop can run it and a 360 could run it. It's not a demanding game.

There's no true incentive. Say what you want about infamous and other ps4 exclusive games. They're REAL exclusives which means if you wanna play em, you need the system. In addition to this, everyone knows more will come and continue to come all gen long. Many new IPs will be made. MS? Halo, Gears, and Forza are the most known heavy hitters and and this gen,MS needs to prove that they'll do more than that. Not just for 2-3 years like they did last gen, but the whole gen. there was no freebie start without competition for them this time. They can't just give up halfway for kinect shovelware because that won't work either. Maybe NOW we see core games made truly better with Kinect.

well the NPD isnt too far away. we'll see how many people agree with you. we'll just ignore the reports of Xbox One sales spikes after Titanfall's release until then. if you need too.

plus MS is already proving what you're asking for. for new IPs are in the system's future. they already have announcements of Sunset OverDrive, Project Spark, and Quantum Break for the first taste of new IPs. while giving several recent press releases saying how they have even more planned for this years E3. just because cows want to ignore that doesnt mean its not obviously there.

Sony has just The Order and another Uncharted left...after just releasing another Infamous and Killzone. Sony is CURRENTLY doing exactly what cows are saying MS will do eventually, rehashing popular franchises...but lets ignore that, right?

i don't care if people agree with me.For all I know, most people are casual morons who only buy call of duty and madden. The post is about me my laptop can run titanfall. Also, ignoring that project spark is yet another multiplat and quantum break will also likely end up on PC, you are missing the point. MS always tries hard to hook people at the beginning of a gen. Why shouldn't they? I don't want to buy and Xbone now only to be left high and dry as they decide to pursue a different market other than the core gamer a few years down the line. I've been with MS since very shortly after live started. I had a 360 until just a few months ago. There was nothing I was even playing on that 360 except for multiplayer multiplats, gears, and halo. the multiplats were due to friends who all bought ps4s a few of them actually do have what would qualify as gaming pc or at least gaming laptops. gears is dead to me and I've been slowly losing interest in Halo since 3.

I need some exclusives IPs. Fresh IPs that will be good and aren't just going to be temporary or better on another system. Sunset Overdrive is a maybe, though I've never been the biggest fan of the things Insomniac has produced.

Sony always keeps a few IPs around, but they actually have numerous first party studios. it's not a question, there will be plenty of exclusive games. We are like halfway into the 1st year of these systems on the market. The new IPs will come just as always. Look at last gen We were still getting them AFTER ps4s launch.

#120 Edited by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@handssss said:

@tymeservesfate said:

i don't care if people agree with me.For all I know, most people are casual morons who only buy call of duty and madden. The post is about me my laptop can run titanfall. Also, ignoring that project spark is yet another multiplat and quantum break will also likely end up on PC, you are missing the point. MS always tries hard to hook people at the beginning of a gen. Why shouldn't they? I don't want to buy and Xbone now only to be left high and dry as they decide to pursue a different market other than the core gamer a few years down the line. I've been with MS since very shortly after live started. I had a 360 until just a few months ago. There was nothing I was even playing on that 360 except for multiplayer multiplats, gears, and halo. the multiplats were due to friends who all bought ps4s a few of them actually do have what would qualify as gaming pc or at least gaming laptops. gears is dead to me and I've been slowly losing interest in Halo since 3.

I need some exclusives IPs. Fresh IPs that will be good and aren't just going to be temporary or better on another system. Sunset Overdrive is a maybe, though I've never been the biggest fan of the things Insomniac has produced.

Sony always keeps a few IPs around, but they actually have numerous first party studios. it's not a question, there will be plenty of exclusive games. We are like halfway into the 1st year of these systems on the market. The new IPs will come just as always. Look at last gen We were still getting them AFTER ps4s launch.

to say that MS always tries to do this at the beginning of their consoles gen is pretty ridiculous. besides Xbox One there was Xbox, and Xbox 360. out of the first two only the XB360 seemed to stagnate a little towards the end of its life cycle. so MS doesnt "always" do this...it happened ONCE. and going 2 out of 3 is an automatic win for them. cows saying MS always come out strong at the beginning then fall off towards the end is nothing but a BS scare tactic. that hasnt been proven, not hardly true at all.

and seeing as though MS have been saying things like this as of late -link- i'm more than willing to give them a chance here since they've already put out more full retail games in comparison to Sony's few at this point. Sony isnt even mentioning any games at all...and all their recent commercials that i've seen are for multiplat games LOL. Sony is so starved to show they have games that they put out Destiny and Watch Dog commercials. multiplats, that are not even close to releasing yet. Sony is just showing whatever they can since they have nothing of their own to show yet lol.

Xbox One's E3 showing is "our best line-up of content in a long time", says Spencer

"Phil Spencer - former Microsoft Studios boss, new Head of Xbox - has said a little to Polygon about what his promotion bodes for platform strategy. The answer, in brief, is games. Many games. Old games, new games and secret games that may be shown off at E3 2014"

-

"Microsoft has put together "the best line-up of content in a long time" for E3 and beyond, Spencer added, suggesting that this would ultimately prove decisive in the battle for mindshare with Sony. "We're early on in the console generation, and obviously Sony's having a great launch," he said. "Console gaming is doing incredibly well right now. Six months ago, everybody wondered if console gaming was dead... but this is a long, multi-year generation and my fundamental belief is that great games create the best platforms."

idk man, it sounds MS got the memo about getting new games to me...

i think you're pointing your finger at the wrong company right now. MS seems on point, Sony...not so much.

#121 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8857 posts) -

Kapow. http://infernalgamingnetwork.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/titanfall-has-sold-over-1million-copies-on-xbox-one/

Sorry NotFamous.

#122 Edited by Vatusus (5128 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Kapow. http://infernalgamingnetwork.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/titanfall-has-sold-over-1million-copies-on-xbox-one/

Sorry NotFamous.

over 1 million? After all the tremendous hype and marketing campaigns? Colour me not surprised

Infamous didnt had a TENTH of Titanfalls hype. Selling close to it would be a victory

#123 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I'm surprised Titanfall hasn't sold more, I thought this was the game everyone got an Xbox One for.

#124 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16158 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sorry NotFamous.

That article quotes ... vgchartz.

#125 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8857 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sorry NotFamous.

over 1 million? After all the tremendous hype and marketing campaigns? Colour me not surprised

Infamous didnt had a TENTH of Titanfalls hype. Selling close to it would be a victory

We should honor every milestone, no matter how great or small. Don't be mad that NotFamous doesn't have any little milestones.

#126 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Vatusus said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sorry NotFamous.

We should honor every milestone, no matter how great or small. Don't be mad that NotFamous doesn't have any little milestones.

talking of milestones....did you get the challenge achievement for reaching gen 2 before end of March?

I am gen 2, level 50 now, done the shotgun requirements, need to do quite a few 40mm cannon kills though............does any xp i earn get wasted until i pass the regen, or does it carry over to gen 3?

#127 Posted by tormentos (20025 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

cry more

Meanwhile Infamous is closing in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames

It was at spot 13 last week now is at spot 10 Titanfall is on spot 6,oh wait..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03/videogames

But wait while Titanfall has beat Infamous for the year,Infamous was the best seller or March 2014 so even that it came more than 1 week after Titanfall Infamous manage to beat Titanfall for march sale funny isn't.?

This while the xbox one doesn't have more games on the top 100 other than COD which is in a distant 64 spot,when the PS4 has 11 games including like 9 which are selling better than COD ghost on xbox one,including the PS4 version of Ghost which is on spot 33.

2 games on the top 100 vs 11 is not even close..lol

Now instead of hyping MULTIPLATFORMS why don't you show me those incredible exclusives on xbox one that are selling better than Infamous..lol

#128 Posted by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

cry more

Meanwhile Infamous is closing in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames

It was at spot 13 last week now is at spot 10 Titanfall is on spot 6,oh wait..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03/videogames

But wait while Titanfall has beat Infamous for the year,Infamous was the best seller or March 2014 so even that it came more than 1 week after Titanfall Infamous manage to beat Titanfall for march sale funny isn't.?

This while the xbox one doesn't have more games on the top 100 other than COD which is in a distant 64 spot,when the PS4 has 11 games including like 9 which are selling better than COD ghost on xbox one,including the PS4 version of Ghost which is on spot 33.

2 games on the top 100 vs 11 is not even close..lol

Now instead of hyping MULTIPLATFORMS why don't you show me those incredible exclusives on xbox one that are selling better than Infamous..lol

oh wait your link was "updated daily" ahahahaha

once again, Amazon =/= UK, cry more eltormo

#129 Posted by tormentos (20025 posts) -
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sorry NotFamous.

VGChartz and Other Sites

Don't use VG Chartz in posts, don't create threads with them. They will be laughed at.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0

Haahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

@Vatusus said:

Yep 1 million is a huge flop for this game...

#130 Posted by tormentos (20025 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

Yeah and the month of march ended yesterday so Yeah on March Infamous > Titanfall lets see how April goes.. So yeah after all the crap you did hyping Titanfall as Amazon top selling game of 2014 now you pretend is bad..lol

#131 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Yep 1 million is a huge flop for this game...

to use one of your favourite Phrase

"Oh please"

the original Gears (which was an exclusive, new IP), did 3 million in it's first ten weeks :-

http://web.archive.org/web/20070202034555/http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0119-gearsofwarjuggernautcontinues.htm

and xbox 360 probably had about 10 million users at that time.

Let's see after 10 weeks what Titanfall (a multiplat) did in sales on XB1, before calling it a flop.....

#132 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@sts106mat said:

Yeah and the month of march ended yesterday so Yeah on March Infamous > Titanfall lets see how April goes.. So yeah after all the crap you did hyping Titanfall as Amazon top selling game of 2014 now you pretend is bad..lol

no, i am saying that amazon =/= the UK. I referecnce amazon since you are so fond of them and the gaming press stated that Titanfall was the largest videogame launch of the year so far.....cry more.

#133 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

So much lem tears and meltdowns in this thread, it's delicious.

#134 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

All this lemming damage control from the usual goons.

There's a good reason why you're the least liked fanbase in the industry.

#135 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8857 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Vatusus said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sorry NotFamous.

talking of milestones....did you get the challenge achievement for reaching gen 2 before end of March?

I am gen 2, level 50 now, done the shotgun requirements, need to do quite a few 40mm cannon kills though............does any xp i earn get wasted until i pass the regen, or does it carry over to gen 3?

No, im only about level 30. Time is a issue these days. I don't know about XP carrying over though.

#136 Posted by benleslie5 (7968 posts) -

Nice to see Final Fantasy X HD being on the top 10 list

#137 Posted by Shewgenja (10834 posts) -

One thing is very clear. The fact that MGS GZ is outselling TF this soon means that demand for the game cooled off real quick after retail release.

#138 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

@BigBoss255 said:

Titanfall clearly wasn't the game changed that MS hoped it would be. They've got no chance this gen.

Even though it still double total sales over Infamous?

#139 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I love how TF's totally fallen off the radar already despite all the hype.

I wonder how big the landfill will have to be to get rid of all the Titanflop merchandise.

1st on amazon uk for 2014, and 3rd on this post's very list is "off the radar"? .... 100k+ people playing it consistantly is off the radar?

you live in another world....

More Titandrone damage control. In the Xbone's biggest market:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-24/videogames/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-17/videogames/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03-10/videogames/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_we

Titanfall is well ahead of infamous in 2014.

#140 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Potatoplunge is real.

#141 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@urbansys said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Potatoplunge is real.

I know it is hard to accept the facts... carry on.

#142 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@urbansys said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Potatoplunge is real.

I know it is hard to accept the facts... carry on.

The COD killer wound up killing itself. What a shame. :)