Infamous more hyped than Titanfall?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -
#52 Posted by finalstar2007 (24927 posts) -

Im personally more hyped for Infamous than i am for TF because Single player games always get the priority for me.. Single Player and story>> Multiplayer FPS.

I want TF because it looks like the type of game that i would enjoy since im a big fan of Call of Duty games.

#53 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

To be honest, here on Gamespot anyway, it seems Titanfall has way more hype behind it than Infamous. I've already seen a few threads asking which of the two games will score higher and most people are giving the win to Titanfall. Another thread asks the question which game of the two will sell the consoles more and yet again Titanfall leads in the pole.

I think a few people feel the Infamous series is average, and don't have the highest hopes of it after playing the previous games. Whereas Titanfall is a whole new game and brings a few new things to the table (arguably). It also has a multiplatform release going for it as it's being released on the 360, PC and obviously the Xbox One. Personally I'm looking forward to both games and can't wait to play the hell out of them.

#54 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4033 posts) -

Titanfall's gonna be so successful every new game is going to copy the TF model.

#55 Edited by Newhopes (4499 posts) -

ERR how can something be secretly hyped?

It's Infamous a B rate series that barely anybody gives a shit about.

#56 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70552 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Sweenix said:

@The_Last_Ride said:iatanfal

It's also selling better on Amzon an important fact

1. It's selling better

2. It's bundle is selling better

3. It's more viewed on youtube

4. It's more searched on google

How could anyone even argue against these facts?

Xbox fanboys? I feel the media is just hyping this game way more than inFamous. Also Xbox people also seem to be praising this game so much

Personally, I don't care: I liked the Titanfall beta on PC and will (later) be getting also the full game for this platform. Same for InFamous SS: I might likely rent the game before purchasing it (waiting for a price drop) but in any case: no need for Xbox One (hype) in all this...

I can at least tell you it's not going to sell that well here

#57 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8355 posts) -

@Newhopes It's because Cows are desperate for a flagship exclusive so they'll pretty much hype anything.

#58 Posted by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

So we judge games based off hype now? Anyway to get a win I guess. I'll be playing Titanfall on my pc and having a blast not giving a damn what it sold. Let you consolites argue over hype since Yall are desperate for wins. Good thing about gaming on pc is you always win. No napoleon syndrome over here in pc land. We just enjoy the games.

#59 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Holy shit Lundy is an annoying little kid

#60 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -
#61 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Nothing is more hyped than Titanfall right now. The fact that it's more than one platform sort of brute forces infamous out of the way alone but couple that with all the insane media attention and it's hard to beat

#62 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Speaking of which, even though I already spent plenty of time putting the Tfall hype thread together I'm just going to put out a Infamous SShype thread this week.

#63 Posted by BigBadBully (573 posts) -

Does Infamous Second Son have any tv commercials? I notice when watching Tv shows(walking dead, sports games), that they run Titanfall Commercials. Probably would help if Sony could run some Infamous SS commercials and get some publicity besides the internet(maybe the financial issues prevent from going huge for tv spots).

#64 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

Titanfall will definitely move more consoles but Infamous is still a well known exclusive among PlayStation gamers. It'll absolutely help bring PS3 gamers over to PS4.

#65 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Does Infamous Second Son have any tv commercials? I notice when watching Tv shows(walking dead, sports games), that they run Titanfall Commercials. Probably would help if Sony could run some Infamous SS commercials and get some publicity besides the internet(maybe the financial issues prevent from going huge for tv spots).

Yea they have a TV spot, it's been running a lot lately.

#66 Edited by Boddicker (2491 posts) -

Titanfall is so hyped one of the most popular enthusiast websites don't give a shit about it. System seller!

Dudebros don't read that GameFAQS. They just care about the next big FPS/TPS or sports game.

Honestly TC, I'm going to say no. Infamous: SS has at most a third of the hype Titanfall has.

#67 Edited by RR360DD (11598 posts) -

hahahaha didn't realise cows were this delusional

#68 Edited by mems_1224 (46492 posts) -

@Newhopes It's because Cows are desperate for a flagship exclusive so they'll pretty much hype anything.

remember when they hyped the hell out of killzone before it came it and then it turned out to be another crappy killzone game? lol

#69 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

hahahaha didn't realise cows were this delusional

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/25/infamous-second-son-569-96-ps4-bundle-instantly-tops-gamestops-best-sellers-ranking/

Titanfall is a mediocre game. Don't lie about it. I know you've played the beta and I know you weren't impressed by it. Your fake hype of the game is just a symptom of your fanboyism and your buyer's remorse.

If you're looking for a more fleshed out opinion, you can try watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S7RR0GZOOs

They guy has the same complaint I have: It's just a bot-killing fest.

I had a friend who thought Titanfall was the best game ever until I said, "How can you enjoy killing bots?" He was like, "There are bots in this game?" And I said, "Yeah, 99% of the 'players' you kill at bots."

That little convo instantly turned him off from the game. What Respawn is doing is highly immoral. Making mediocre gamers think they're more skilled than they are.

#70 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

remember when they hyped the hell out of killzone before it came it and then it turned out to be another crappy killzone game? lol

And it outsold almost every single Xbox One retail exclusive put together.

I remember that too.

#71 Edited by iloveatlus (255 posts) -

Playstation youtube channel, then you'll notice that Playstation has over 2 millions subs. EA official youtube channel only has 300k subs, titanfall official youtube channel only has 50k(i think).

That infamouse commercial only manage to garner 3millions view because it was posted on the official Playstation youtube channel which has over 2million subs

#72 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised to be fair. True next gen sand box game VS ugly looking limited only online shooter? Easy pickings for Sucker Punch to be fair. Titanfall will sell lot's of 360s and keep PC gamers happy for a month or so.

#73 Edited by mems_1224 (46492 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

And it outsold almost every single Xbox One retail exclusive put together.

I remember that too.

well yea, there isn't anything else to play on POS4

#74 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

No... No.

Do you have any other source that could prove me wrong? i'm talking about hype here, and i have given valid sources to that.

Youtube views are not hyped. Especially after that cheap E3 shot Sony gave to MS during E3 along with the fact the issue of the DRM did not get removed until about a few months ago off peoples minds, which gave Infamous and the PS4 channel in general a lot of views initially. if you look at the recent rates infamous second son hit a hard wall.

#75 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

Holy shit Lundy is an annoying little kid

lol.

#76 Posted by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -

Is there a Hype thread? Will cows play it safe?(8) or lower?

#77 Edited by SolidTy (42419 posts) -

Titanfall has way too much $$$ and HYPE behind it, no way Infamous can compete. Plus, TF is on three platforms, Infamous is only one one. Infamous doesn't stand a chance in HYPE, nor is it going to get huge $$$ marketing dollars like TF is going to get from EA and especially M$. M$ makes fewer games, but they market the sh** out of them and see huge numbers. Combine that with EA who also are marketing masters and TF is going places.

Personally, I don't care about what game has more HYPE, although I believe TF has it. I just want to play good games in genres I enjoy. To be honest, I'm not super thrilled for either title, but I do believe they will be fun enough to tide me over until E3, assuming I get either. I still have a backlog of amazing games from last gen I'm completing at the moment.

#78 Posted by DocSanchez (1559 posts) -

I think Titanfall has been the most hyped game of the new generation so far but Infamous has received its fair share of hype too. To deny it would be lying.

#79 Edited by lostrib (34278 posts) -

Speaking of which, even though I already spent plenty of time putting the Tfall hype thread together I'm just going to put out a Infamous SShype thread this week.

why would you spend time on a titanfall hype thread when there's a sticky...

#80 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

LOL!! you guys are so dumb. just youtube titanfall, multiple million+ views , ALOT OF 500k+ views

Infamous will NOT sell more then Titanfall, period. Hell Ill bet it doesn't sell more then X1 titanfall

#81 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

LOL!! you guys are so dumb. just youtube titanfall, multiple million+ views , ALOT OF 500k+ views

Infamous will NOT sell more then Titanfall, period. Hell Ill bet it doesn't sell more then X1 titanfall

Infamous:SS probably won't sell more than Titanfall since Infamous:SS is only being sold on a console with an install base of 6-6.3 million while Titanfall is being sold on the 360, ONE and the PC.

However, your second bit is a pretty bold statement. Xbox* has lost the hardcore crowd. I doubt Titanfall will sell more than 1.5 million on the Xbone.

Second Son will probably sell close to 3 million.

#82 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4033 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Titanfall is so hyped one of the most popular enthusiast websites don't give a shit about it. System seller!

The third installment of a franchise is more anticipated than a new ip. Is this supposed to be unexpected?

Look at this list. It's dominated by sequels. I'm not familiar with all these titles but it seems like Titanfall is the only new ip here. For a new ip to be at 9% is quite amazing.

Titanfall could very likely outsell all those games on Xbone alone. Reviews and word of mouth is what will drive sales.

South Park: The Stick of Truth is a new IP and it has nearly twice as much interest.

You're right generally, though. Which is why I find it weird that so many people are putting so much faith into a new IP to be the silver bullet that saves the Xbone.

#83 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The third installment of a franchise is more anticipated than a new ip. Is this supposed to be unexpected?

Look at this list. It's dominated by sequels. I'm not familiar with all these titles but it seems like Titanfall is the only new ip here. For a new ip to be at 9% is quite amazing.

Titanfall could very likely outsell all those games on Xbone alone. Reviews and word of mouth is what will drive sales.

South Park: The Stick of Truth is a new IP and it has nearly twice as much interest.

You're right generally, though. Which is why I find it weird that so many people are putting so much faith into a new IP to be the silver bullet that saves the Xbone.

South Park is the ip regardless of medium. All the interest in South Park is based of the shows huge popularity.

It's not weird, the game is a breath of fresh air in a stagnant genre.

#84 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2747 posts) -

@tyloss: Let's do it. Titanfall on Xbox One vs Infamous Second Son. 1st month sales. Your account vs mine. Are we betting accounts straight up or wagering a couple of months? Either is fine with me

#85 Posted by Ghost120x (3737 posts) -

Infamous might sell better, but it's going to flop critically. I'm still getting it because I could care less what the media thinks.

#86 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Sweenix said:

1. It's selling better

Xbox fanboys? I feel the media is just hyping this game way more than inFamous. Also Xbox people also seem to be praising this game so much

Personally, I don't care: I liked the Titanfall beta on PC and will (later) be getting also the full game for this platform. Same for InFamous SS: I might likely rent the game before purchasing it (waiting for a price drop) but in any case: no need for Xbox One (hype) in all this...

Well, EA already lent a hand to MS with its Ryse exclusive, the FIFA14 launch edition... But I really don't know if Titanfall will bring people to trade in their dear PS4 for a XB1 now...

#87 Posted by RimacBugatti (1191 posts) -

@Sweenix: Being that Titanfall is multiplayer only is BS. Graphically I doubt that it will be up to par but I could be wrong but no single player killed it. Gameplay will be up to par which may cause it to sell but Infamous has had as much hype as Froza 5 or more not sure.

#88 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

That's crazy, Infamous SS is no where near as hyped as Titanfall here or in the media.

#89 Edited by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

I think people just don't understand what the word "hype" means.

Even if Infamous SS sales more than Titanfall (on xbox one) That doesn't directly relate to the hype that is being created for it.

Something fanboys and Titanfall hypers need to realize is that Infamous SS is a PS4 exclusive for the newly released system that lots of new and prospective owners are looking to have new experiences on. However, nothing is more plastered or repeted than Titanfall being the biggest, most E3 award getting FPS of the new generation. Posters are plastered everywhere and on every game site all you see is Titanfall stuff littered around.

Not only this, but the fanboys themselves are different. Sony fans simply say they are looking foward to playing the new infamous because it looks great. Xbox fans are (or were) saying Titanfall would be the death of the PS4 and the next coming of christ.

It just so happens that, that despite the hype, many people are choosing to go with Infamous SS over Titanfall for whatever reasons they may have.

#90 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

I knew Titan Fall hype was all fluff. All you can see is the media hyping Titan Fall. No one I know personally cares or even heard about Titan Fall.

#91 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -

I knew Titan Fall hype was all fluff. All you can see is the media hyping Titan Fall. No one I know personally cares or even heard about Titan Fall.

They live under a rock? They had to at least hear about Titanfall.

#92 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

According to the official sources infamous is indeed the most hyped game right now among real gamers. They also claim that real gamers consensus is that titanfall is mostly a COD clone made to make simple minded people like the xboners feel special by making them think that they have the most hyped "exclusive" when in fact is not the most hyped nor a exclusive but xboners are easily duped like that. My personal take is that in their desperation to convince themselves and others that the xbone didn't lose already they are trying what little mental recourse they have to come up with stupid delusions like these and post it all over the internet in an attempt to somehow make it real. But we, real gamers, know better, and we can see right through the xboners simplicity.

#93 Edited by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

@juarbles said:

According to the official sources infamous is indeed the most hyped game right now among real gamers. They also claim that real gamers consensus is that titanfall is mostly a COD clone made to make simple minded people like the xboners feel special by making them think that they have the most hyped "exclusive" when in fact is not the most hyped nor a exclusive but xboners are easily duped like that. My personal take is that in their desperation to convince themselves and others that the xbone didn't lose already they are trying what little mental recourse they have to come up with stupid delusions like these and post it all over the internet in an attempt to somehow make it real. But we, real gamers, know better, and we can see right through the xboners simplicity.

official sources,as in..?

#94 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (949 posts) -

@juarbles said:

So if i redownload Infamous again from PSN plus and play it longer than 10 minutes it makes me Hardcore??? (my current record playing Infamous is 6 minutes until i got bored and uninstalled it)

goes and cancell my titanfall preorders and buys PS4 so i can become a champion and real gamer.

#95 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70552 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Sweenix said:

1. It's selling better

Well, EA already lent a hand to MS with its Ryse exclusive, the FIFA14 launch edition... But I really don't know if Titanfall will bring people to trade in their dear PS4 for a XB1 now...

A major reason for X1 being behind is not releasing it for freaking countries that want it

#96 Posted by regnaston (231 posts) -

My response to this thread... WHO CARES???

If Titanfall sells better, good for them... if Infamous sells better then good for them.

What really matters is, did the buyers of those games enjoy them?

#97 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Titanfall has way too much $$$ and HYPE behind it, no way Infamous can compete. Plus, TF is on three platforms, Infamous is only one one. Infamous doesn't stand a chance in HYPE, nor is it going to get huge $$$ marketing dollars like TF is going to get from EA and especially M$. M$ makes fewer games, but they market the sh** out of them and see huge numbers. Combine that with EA who also are marketing masters and TF is going places.

Personally, I don't care about what game has more HYPE, although I believe TF has it. I just want to play good games in genres I enjoy. To be honest, I'm not super thrilled for either title, but I do believe they will be fun enough to tide me over until E3, assuming I get either. I still have a backlog of amazing games from last gen I'm completing at the moment.

While I agree with what you said completely, not only will Titanfall sell more, but it being a online-only game benefits it for being a game that won't fall off the sales charts after the first month due to the constituted support of the franchise with DLC maps. Infamous looks like a good game, but it could be great as I haven't played it. The dev is def talented. But Titanfall to me is so damn impressive even in beta form, and its ability to move MS consoles won't just be in helping it sell more for a month or so. It has the potential to be the must own multiplayer until we see how Destiny is and the new CoD. But hype wise there is no contest Titanfall is everywhere and that won't change for the next month or two.

#98 Posted by Heil68 (43414 posts) -

I'm personally looking forward to Infamous much more than TitanFall, but I'm buying both.

#99 Edited by sts106mat (18960 posts) -

@juarbles said:

STFU Kuraimen you doughnut.

#100 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

So if i redownload Infamous again from PSN plus and play it longer than 10 minutes it makes me Hardcore??? (my current record playing Infamous is 6 minutes until i got bored and uninstalled it)

goes and cancell my titanfall preorders and buys PS4 so i can become a champion and real gamer.

It's a consensus among the real gamers various associations that xboners are not and can't ever be real gamers. So yeah your interpretation, though a little exaggerated is kind of accurate.