Infamous Campaign Average 12 Hours

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

12 Hours sounds pretty disappointing, don't get me wrong the game looks great but I feel once someone beats it they may just have to force themselves to continue again.

they probably didn't include side quests. For an open world superpower hero like game 12 hours might even be a bit too much. But the game does provide a bad and good side. I only hope the game would be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Seems reasonable for straight campaign in an open world game.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@tyloss said:

Some other interesting tibidts,

Destruction is completely permanent thanks to that GDDR5 probably.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/07/infamous-second-sons-lasts-10-12-hours-steel-power-was-discarded-destruction-is-permanent/

Holding the state of an object in related to the size of memory not the speed. The state of an building, whether new or destroyed is no different than keeping dead people on the ground after you kill them. I you have enough memory (or load areas more often from the hard drive) you can easily keep the state of objects. Its really no different than having your character change his shirt. In short, it's not related to GDDR5

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@RR360DD said:

lmao what a rip off. No day/night cycle and a 12 hour campaign for an open world game.

please do tell me how ryse boring and repetitive 4h campaign is a MUST BUY!!!!!!!

lems hypocrisy is over 9000

Its not. But thanks for confirming Infamous has about as much calibre as Ryse (LOL)

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

Permanent destruction = good

12 hour campaign = bad

How is that bad? That's way above average. I wanna meet all these people who have 50 hours of time to sink into games.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Wasdie said:

12 hour campaign isn't bad. I imagine it's worth playing through multiple times.

Eventually shit becomes too repetitive and it's best it just ends. Most older games with extremely long single player campaigns just pad out their gameplay with repetition or trial and error. That's not the standard today. Hasn't been for years on any platform.

Emphasis on this; repetition was of little good in some older adventure games. It was a staple to implement increasingly difficult versions of previous challenges. That's for sidequests and such in my opinion.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@Spartan070 said:

Permanent destruction = good

12 hour campaign = bad

How is that bad? That's way above average. I wanna meet all these people who have 50 hours of time to sink into games.

I do, I'm lonely :(

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#108 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

12 hours is great. Doing the side quests and collecting all the items will extend the length of play. Also playing both sides and exploring the unique powers of each is always fun so the play time essentially doubles for me. Can't wait for this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

So it will take me close to 20 then because I like to **** around in open world games. :D

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

Infamous is an open world game. If you go mission, to mission, to mission, then yes most open world games are short. However, most people play in the world, do side quest, etc. I would expect the average person would have fun inbetween the campaign missions and that increases play time.

Exactly how I always see it. Twelve hours to me is 25 hours if I played it. I always explore and take my time. It's sad that people will see 12 hours as bad, when there's replay value and a lot to do. Anyone who sees 12 hours as short, should just rent the game, play through it, and return it, without complaining or bashing.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

12 hr gameplay with no multiplayer it screaming rental for me

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

How many side quests are being done in these "average" playthroughs though?

I hope there are none because the side quests in infamous 1 and 2 were limited you had about 3 types. Kill a group of enemies, race, find the stuff on the building...and these were repeated about 50 times.

That was definitely the worst part of previous inFAMOUS games, but hopefully they have added more variety. Open world games need side activities so omitting them is not an option.

I agree. The side missions in infamous and I2 were terrible. Hope they don't tie some of the player progression behind them like with the previous entries.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

^If they did it before then they'l do it again.

Besides, have you ever heard a cow say something even remotely negative about a PS Exclusive game ? That level of fanboyism is damn near cult like, they're freaking Zealots. And this will have a negative effect on future games. Developers will get complacent.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

I hope they switch the game up with more variety a 12 hour pew pew shooter is gonna get dull and boring, why is all Sony games the main character is always floaty like they cant touch the ground? Its a great looking game but was hoping for something more in store.