Infamous Campaign Average 12 Hours

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Some other interesting tibidts,

Destruction is completely permanent thanks to that GDDR5 probably.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/07/infamous-second-sons-lasts-10-12-hours-steel-power-was-discarded-destruction-is-permanent/

#2 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

Permanent destruction = good

12 hour campaign = bad

#3 Posted by Chutebox (37373 posts) -

Good time and permanent destruction is pretty Damn awesome

#4 Posted by Bigboi500 (30086 posts) -

TGFGF

#5 Posted by gamevet77 (235 posts) -

Infamous is an open world game. If you go mission, to mission, to mission, then yes most open world games are short. However, most people play in the world, do side quest, etc. I would expect the average person would have fun inbetween the campaign missions and that increases play time.

#6 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

The steel power felt "Been there done that?" :/ Pretty sure I've never seen a steel power before unless it's something like Magneto's power.

Permanent destruction sounds good but implementation is another story, I'll wait till I play it to pass judgement on that

#7 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

Like every infamous ever. There are games with a 0 hour campaign sold at a premium for $60, i.e. Titanfail.

#8 Edited by Wasdie (50002 posts) -

12 hour campaign isn't bad. I imagine it's worth playing through multiple times.

Eventually shit becomes too repetitive and it's best it just ends. Most older games with extremely long single player campaigns just pad out their gameplay with repetition or trial and error. That's not the standard today. Hasn't been for years on any platform.

#9 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9629 posts) -

How many side quests are being done in these "average" playthroughs though?

#10 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Demonjoe93: probably none. I'd imagine the average person could easily rack up 30+ hours when you include things like that, exploring, unlocking items, etc

#11 Posted by yokofox33 (29910 posts) -

I guarantee I'll spend way more than 12 hours on this game. Hell, it probably took me 12 hours to find all those damn shards in the last games.

#12 Edited by tymeservesfate (1971 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

Like every infamous ever. There are games with a 0 hour campaign sold at a premium for $60, i.e. Titanfail.

Titanfall has an online campaign.

and 12 hours is pretty short. GTA games have campaigns that are immense....no reason why a next gen game's shouldnt be.

the game is a rental.

#13 Posted by dreamdude (4615 posts) -

I never finish the campaign in open world games, so this is fine with me.

#14 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Excellent news! So a 24 hour total campaign with both playthroughs, not counting side quests.

#15 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

12 hours if you do no side quests or collectibles. Who buys an open world game to play it like that? Will probably take me a around 40 hours with 2 playthroughs.

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

12 hours is a nice length for a campaign but its still not something I would ever pay $60 for.

#17 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9629 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@Demonjoe93: probably none. I'd imagine the average person could easily rack up 30+ hours when you include things like that, exploring, unlocking items, etc

That's certainly what it sounds like. I played both inFamous's, and I remember them being much longer than twelve hours. If you do all or most of the side quests, I imagine this game is at the very least twenty-five hours, which is a pretty respectable length for this type of game. Will users be able to create their own missions and stuff on this game like with inFamous 2? That would also increase its value.

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

@tyloss said:

That's certainly what it sounds like. I played both inFamous's, and I remember them being much longer than twelve hours. If you do all or most of the side quests, I imagine this game is at the very least twenty-five hours, which is a pretty respectable length for this type of game. Will users be able to create their own missions and stuff on this game like with inFamous 2? That would also increase its value.

No user generated levels this time....

#19 Posted by darkspineslayer (19799 posts) -

So we're looking at 24 hours, not including sidequests, to do both paths. Excellent.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (30086 posts) -

I did everything in both of the first two games, and I know I spent well over 12 hours on each game. I'm sure this one will be much the same in that regard.

#21 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9629 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@tyloss said:

No user generated levels this time....

Well, that's a little disappointing. I guess it wasn't really utilized a lot by the community, so they axed it.

#22 Edited by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

Whenever I get it, I'm guaranteed at least 30 hours on the game.

I go for all sidequests, at least two playthroughs and all collectibles found.

#23 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

I guess it depends how many side quests are in the game. 12 hours alone will not cut it for me with an open world game. If I pay 60, I want content to match, especially when companies have put out open world games with 200+ total play time for the same price.

I need to hear more about how much time you would get if you complete everything, and how expansive the world itself is.

#24 Posted by millerlight89 (18569 posts) -

@crashnburn281 said:

I guess it depends how many side quests are in the game. 12 hours alone will not cut it for me with an open world game. If I pay 60, I want content to match, especially when companies have put out open world games with 200+ total play time for the same price.

I need to hear more about how much time you would get if you complete everything, and how expansive the world itself is.

I don't get you people. 12 hours is solid. I don't need my games to have padding and boring locals to extend length...ie every es game and newer fallout games. GTA is another find example of more =/= better.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13693 posts) -

Length is not really an issue, I'm more concerned with the gameplay structure of each mission. How open ended will it be ? Or is it just gona be like GTA, linear games in Open World enviroments ?

#26 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

12 Hours sounds pretty disappointing, don't get me wrong the game looks great but I feel once someone beats it they may just have to force themselves to continue again.

#27 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

I don't get you people. 12 hours is solid. I don't need my games to have padding and boring locals to extend length...ie every es game and newer fallout games. GTA is another find example of more =/= better.

Well the thing is, I do not have to justify my purchases to you. If it isn't worth it to me, it isn't worth it. I tell you what though, you can send me a free copy and Ill gladly play it. When I buy games if they do not have something that will keep me playing for a long time, I do not see it worth my money. 12 hours can equate to 2 days playing time depending on what shift rotation I am on.

You do not get me because you have a different opinion, and that is all that was expressed in your post, your opinion. Just like mine.

#28 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

I hope there are none because the side quests in infamous 1 and 2 were limited you had about 3 types. Kill a group of enemies, race, find the stuff on the building...and these were repeated about 50 times.

#29 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

I hope there are none because the side quests in infamous 1 and 2 were limited you had about 3 types. Kill a group of enemies, race, find the stuff on the building...and these were repeated about 50 times.

That was definitely the worst part of previous inFAMOUS games, but hopefully they have added more variety. Open world games need side activities so omitting them is not an option.

#30 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

About what i expected really.

Hey at least it's not 2< hours like a certain other "game"....

#31 Posted by Doolz2024 (9605 posts) -

Seems kind of short. Pretty cool that destruction is permanent though.

#32 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

You forgot finding blast shards, finding dead drops, taking over territory and moving stuff. Not great but anything beats tow-truck missions in GTA:V

#33 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

and 12 hours is pretty short. GTA games have campaigns that are immense....no reason why a next gen game's shouldnt be.

the game is a rental.

Yep.

And it's a guarantee that the average Titanfall owner will get a lot more bang for their buck than the Infamous owners.

#34 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

the game is a rental.

Yep.

And it's a guarantee that the average Titanfall owner will get a lot more bang for their buck than the Infamous owners.

That's a bold statement, explain yourself.

I just shake my head in contempt when the millionth shooter is a must-buy and a beautifully crafted open-world game is only worth a rental. You're only bringing this shooter sausagefest on yourselves.

#35 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

the game is a rental.

Yep.

I just shake my head in contempt when the millionth shooter is a must-buy and a beautifully crafted open-world game is only worth a rental. You're only bringing this shooter sausagefest on yourselves.

Mp games/modes are A LOT more replayable than sp. How many times do you think people will replay Infamous?

Steam stats are dominated by mp games. And if we had real time stats for consoles you would see the same kind of activity. Most sp games are one and done. Even my fav sp games of all time come nowhere near my playtimes of my fav mp games. When I go through players individual stats I see the same scenario.

#36 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Cranler said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

the game is a rental.

Yep.

This millionth shooter has tons of E3 awards and positive beta feedback from gamers.

all that we seen from Infamous SS is some guy jumping around buildings killing the same soldiers over and over.

If Titanfall is the millionth shooter than Infamous is the millionth open world game like Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Saints Row, Crackdown, sleeping dogs, spiderman, batman games.

theres been not enough videos of Infamous and its world to call it beautifully crafted, GTFo

#37 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13693 posts) -

@ Mkavanaugh77

You're clearly being Biased. Also Open World is not a genre.

#38 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1076 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Spartan070 said:

12 hour campaign = bad

the game is a rental.

And that Titanfall campaign last for a couple hours......

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132656-Titanfall-Multiplayer-Campaign-To-Last-A-Couple-Hours

(before you say, people can play both sides to see the whole story of titanfall campaign, the same can be said about infamous when it comes to good vs bad choices, pretty sure there will be seperate endings for good and bad like in previous infamous games).

#40 Edited by PAL360 (26939 posts) -

Not bad...30+ hours to me then! I like to play on hard, explore and look for everything.

#41 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

My playtime is always longer than the estimates I see and I always do a Good play through and a Evil play through with Infamous games. I'll probably dump 50 or more hours into this game when all is said and done.

#42 Posted by Spartan070 (16361 posts) -

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

...and the Titanfall multiplayer lasts hundreds of hours...

#43 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1076 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

...and the Titanfall multiplayer lasts hundreds of hours...

doing the same thing over and over.....

#44 Posted by BattleSpectre (6236 posts) -

Perfect, really happy with this update. 12 hours sounds right and permanent destruction is sexy, day 1.

#45 Posted by Pffrbt (6565 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:
12 hour campaign = bad

How? 12 hours is pretty lengthy.

#46 Posted by Pffrbt (6565 posts) -
@Wasdie said:
Most older games with extremely long single player campaigns just pad out their gameplay with repetition or trial and error. That's not the standard today. Hasn't been for years on any platform.

Last I checked this is still incredibly common in most mainstream "AAA" games. Such as the entire Assassin's Creed series and TLOU.

#47 Posted by DocSanchez (1651 posts) -

If you play the campaign that's about normal. A sandbox like this one isn't for rushing through.

Permanent destruction FTW. Given the fairly important morality mechanic I'd like to see maintenance personnel working on the signs and buildings I'd busted just to break their hard work in front of their eyes and watch them weeping.

#48 Posted by 2mrw (5015 posts) -

I wish if it has been longer but, I played the last two games at least twice so I am fine.

#49 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17962 posts) -

it's not just 12 hours, you're gonna want to play again to see what it would've been like if you chose the other side. no different from any other infamous game

#50 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

12 hours for the Good campaign,a nother 10-15 for sidequests

12 hours for evil campaign, another 10-15 for sidequests and platinum.

So 40+ hours.