inFAMOUS Bundle Overtakes Titanfall Bundle in Preorders

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

Hold your fire, TitanfallSony isn’t going to go down without a fight.

When Microsoft announced that consumers would have the option of purchasing an Xbox One bundled with a digital copy of the award-winning game Titanfall for the same price as an un-bundled edition ($499), everyone was sure that it would absolutely dominate the sales charts. The astute observation came to pass instantly, as pre-orders for the bundle began to rack up and take its place at the top of GameStop’s “Best Selling” chart.

Even with the hype surrounding this great deal, Sony was able to retaliate with a bundle of their own: one that includes not only a physical copy of the PlayStation exclusive inFAMOUS: Second Son, but an extra controller and one year of PlayStation Plus. For the second time in a three day timespan, the internet hype-machine went into overdrive, propelling Sony’s bundle to the top overnight. This is a feat made impressive solely by the bundles price point of $570. When the individual prices of each piece of content offered in the bundle are added up, it is revealed that the consumer is not actually saving any money by purchasing them altogether. This is in stark contrast to the $60 saved by purchasing Microsoft’s Titanfall bundle.

While the overarching causes for this phenomenon are certainly debatable, one thing appears to be certain: the demand for Sony’s PlayStation 4 isn’t slowing down, and fans are willing to go above and beyond to get one as soon as possible.

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/playstation-4-infamous-bundle-overtakes-titanfall-bundle-in-preorders/#ixzz2uqDr247t

#2 Posted by iloveatlus (255 posts) -

That bundle is such a rip-off, and why would they even include a Ps+membership with it? Infamous:ss doesn't even have multiplayer.

If I didn't already own both console, I would choose Xbone Titanfall bundle over Ps4 Infamous bundle.

#3 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16269 posts) -

I'm loving pre-order and resolution wars

This gen is so interesting

#4 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Ouch, TLHBO

Inb4butthurtlems

#5 Posted by lamprey263 (22884 posts) -

I think for myself the PS4 would be the better bet long term, but damn the X1 does have the games I want to play like Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. The PS4 though doesn't have anything that interests me yet so no rush.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (55662 posts) -

Yes, this is what we have come to now. We're tracking sales of specific bundles in a single territory across one chain of stores.

Sad, really.

#7 Posted by Couth_ (9984 posts) -

Pretty sure people just want PS4s regardless of the game

#8 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

I think for myself the PS4 would be the better bet long term, but damn the X1 does have the games I want to play like Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. The PS4 though doesn't have anything that interests me yet so no rush.

Do you like playing TF2 with a room full of bots?

No. Then you won't enjoy titanfall. Of all the people I've talked with, the only people who enjoyed titanfall were those who didn't know they were playing with bots. Let's just say none of them enjoy titanfall now.

#9 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

#10 Posted by cainetao11 (16672 posts) -

Awesome. Many will play and enjoy games. I like

#11 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

Wow I didn't think infamous would sell that well, honestly I thought it was a niche market that a few like myself enjoyed, good for them, Titanfall should also be good as well.

#12 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

Wow I didn't think infamous would sell that well, honestly I thought it was a niche market that a few like myself enjoyed, good for them, Titanfall should also be good as well.

You should thank Hollywood for that, super hero is a cool thing thanks to Hollywood. I won't be surprise if this pass The Last Of Us in sales.

#13 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

You should thank Hollywood for that, super hero is a cool thing thanks to Hollywood. I won't be surprise if this pass The Last Of Us in sales.

That is true, I mean I hope people enjoy the game it's super fun and I had fun with the previous two, I know it probably won't be changed a lot but still super stoked to play it.

#15 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6917 posts) -

The PS4 bundle is a ripoff. It would be a little bit surprising to me if it actually outsells the Titanfall bundle. It would also be a pretty good sign that Microsoft may be in trouble this gen.

#16 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

Doesnt surprise me. The ps4 is really taking off here in the good ol U S of A. When i see my xbox loving friends starting to switch, then thats pretty telling. Almost all of them own ps4s now.

#17 Posted by Syn_Valence (1348 posts) -

This looks more interesting then that last gen port the lemmings keep talking aboot.

#18 Edited by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -

@tyloss: But...but.....but... teh titanfail will save us guys.....really really it has big robots!!!

LMAO!

#19 Edited by Gue1 (9468 posts) -

EA's on suicide-watch confirmed.

#20 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Haha....my thoughts exactly. These threads are absolutely awful.

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9402 posts) -

That bundle is such a rip-off, and why would they even include a Ps+membership with it? Infamous:ss doesn't even have multiplayer.

If I didn't already own both console, I would choose Xbone Titanfall bundle over Ps4 Infamous bundle.

This guy is complaining about free stuff..... ?

Massive butt hurt confirmed

#22 Edited by Couth_ (9984 posts) -

The PS4 bundle is a ripoff. It would be a little bit surprising to me if it actually outsells the Titanfall bundle. It would also be a pretty good sign that Microsoft may be in trouble this gen.

How is it a ripoff? wtf?

#23 Posted by ni6htmare01 (896 posts) -

no! not at all! He Xb1 itself is a ripoff!

#24 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The Domination has won.

#25 Posted by TigerSuperman (1975 posts) -

Yes, this is what we have come to now. We're tracking sales of specific bundles in a single territory across one chain of stores.

Sad, really.

I think the main issues is we don't have numbers for either.

#26 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6917 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

How is it a ripoff? wtf?

The entire point of a bundle is to save some money on the bundled items. This bundle is exactly the same price as buying everything separately.

#27 Posted by lamprey263 (22884 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Do you like playing TF2 with a room full of bots?

No. Then you won't enjoy titanfall. Of all the people I've talked with, the only people who enjoyed titanfall were those who didn't know they were playing with bots. Let's just say none of them enjoy titanfall now.

I understand the concept that bots act as fodder for earning points needed to launch your Titan, and that actual players are more to contend with. But bots are something to deal with which helps in that actual players can't just transverse the field of battle easy and take players by surprise. I think the concept sounds interesting, though we'll have to see how players and critics see if this balances out after release. Though my one foreseeable gripe would be team balance with only six players on each team, and whether players dropping out of matches will drastically change the way things play out in competitive matches.

Anyhow, I'm sure I'll see reviews and player feedback long before I get either console, and by the time I finally get one I'm sure there'll be many other considerations to take into account, for instance DICE's Battlefronts game perhaps, or whatever else catches my interest at E3. I might not give a damn about Titanfall at that point.

#28 Posted by MBirdy88 (7494 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 I can't believe this has to be explained to these morons.....

#29 Edited by Couth_ (9984 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

How is it a ripoff? wtf?

The entire point of a bundle is to save some money on the bundled items. This bundle is exactly the same price as buying everything separately.

It's not even an official bundle. It's a Gamestop bundle because they are still sold out of standalone PS4s and everything comes out to regular price.. It's not like they jacked up the price..

Every online retailer does house bundleswhen they are low on console stock and demand is high.

#30 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9467 posts) -

I stumbled upon this and thought I should share it.

#31 Edited by SolidTy (42174 posts) -

This article is talking about a Gamestop bundle, not an official Sony bundle. Although it does seem the writer of the piece is confused.

Retailers like to make money on the side when the HYPE and Demand are sky high. I remember bundles like this back in the PS2 launch, Gamecube Launch, 360 launch, and Dreamcast launch. It's just retailers making an extra buck.

Despite that, it is surprising Gamestop is able to maintain the demand, but it is what it is.

#32 Posted by MassiveKaos (3875 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

How is it a ripoff? wtf?

It's not even an official bundle. It's a Gamestop bundle because they are still sold out of standalone PS4s and everything comes out to regular price.. It's not like they jacked up the price..

Every online retailer does house bundleswhen they are low on console stock and demand is high.

So hes exactly right, its a ripoff. They are forcing you to spend more money on stuff you may not necessarily want for the sake of getting a ps4.

#33 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness: lol

#34 Posted by jsolidus (145 posts) -

isnt there already a thread about this from last week? anyway it shouldnt surprise anyone that the ps4 is in higher demand then the x1. The fact that gamestop doesn't even have to give a discount on ps4 bundle for it to sell is amazing. Im starting to see that tianfall will give the x1 a boast for a week but not enough to close the gap or make people rush out and by the x1 in droves. It still on the 360 and pc. Im quite interested in seeing how many copies will sell for each platform.

#35 Edited by Couth_ (9984 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Couth_ said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

How is it a ripoff? wtf?

So hes exactly right, its a ripoff. They are forcing you to spend more money on stuff you may not necessarily want for the sake of getting a ps4.

They are not FORCING you to do anything. They are taking advantage of demand. The xbone is not sold without the kinect. THAT'S a ripoff

#36 Posted by lostrib (33560 posts) -

let me know when there's actual numbers and not just ranks on different retail lists

#37 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

yet X1 pre orders are beating all PS4 games and Titanfall bundle is top 20 everywhere.

cows will be cows

#38 Posted by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

How is it a rip off? It is priced the same as if you got everything separate, maybe less depending on tax. As for your silly PSN+ comment, PSN+ offers others stuff besides online play.

#39 Posted by Dilrod (4239 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: although it's by no means a deal, it isn't a rip off. It's charging you exactly what it costs to buy the system, a controller, the game and psn+ separate. You could only say its a rip off if it costs more than those combined.

#40 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3790 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

yet X1 pre orders are beating all PS4 games and Titanfall bundle is top 20 everywhere.

cows will be cows

Only game you lems have, and the bundle is rapidly sliding down pre-order lists.

#41 Posted by jake44 (1945 posts) -

Sad, really.

Sad and boring.

#43 Edited by MonsieurX (29286 posts) -

Yes,because bundles are only sold at gamestop

#44 Posted by Pray_to_me (2804 posts) -

why get the xbone bundle and be stuck with that ugly weak overpriced PoS when you can get that gamecube f2p lookin titanfall on PC or 360?

#45 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3790 posts) -

Dat UK price cut

-1 THIEFPS4SQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE
-2 THIEFXB ONESQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE
109 FIFA 14XB ONEEA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
3427 FORZA MOTORSPORT 5XB ONEMICROSOFTMICROSOFT
2929 BATTLEFIELD 4XB ONEEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
3534 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTSXB ONEACTIVISIONACTIVISION BLIZZARD
-36 RAYMAN LEGENDSXB ONEUBISOFTUBISOFT

MICROSOFT MUST CUT FURTHER

#46 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

Dat UK price cut

-1 THIEFPS4SQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE
-2 THIEFXB ONESQUARE ENIXSQUARE ENIX EUROPE
109 FIFA 14XB ONEEA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
3427 FORZA MOTORSPORT 5XB ONEMICROSOFTMICROSOFT
2929 BATTLEFIELD 4XB ONEEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
3534 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTSXB ONEACTIVISIONACTIVISION BLIZZARD
-36 RAYMAN LEGENDSXB ONEUBISOFTUBISOFT

MICROSOFT MUST CUT FURTHER

right, what the hell is that supposed to show? other than the worst console version of thief is selling better than the XB1 version?

secondly, what does it have to do with the thread at hand (titanfall bundle) which isn't even out yet so how the hell can it chart.

I swear cows weren't always this thick.

#47 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3790 posts) -

The price cut and Titanfall bundle was supposed to start shifting systems and outside of new releases Xbone software has barely moved at all.

God, sts106mat, you really are thick. Your avatar suits you. :)

#48 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The price cut and Titanfall bundle was supposed to start shifting systems and outside of new releases Xbone software has barely moved at all.

No it's you that is thick.

The price cut only came into effect on Friday (28th)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26325354

Titanfall bundle isn't out yet so couldn't chart regardless. anyone who's interested in the titanfall bundle isn't going to start rushing out buying games for a console they dont have yet.

cretin

#49 Posted by slimdogmilionar (455 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: Not true M$ is leading in software sales and it if you look at it they make more money per xbox than sony makes per ps4.

http://www.techinsights.com/ps4-vs-xboxone/

Still, Microsoft says it's winning the console war where it matters: the games. Despite selling fewer systems, the company says it is dominating software sales.

"More importantly, it is gratifying for our team to see Xbox continue to prove it's the best place to play games," Yusuf Mehdi,Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy andBusiness, Xbox, wrote. "January NPD Group figures released today revealed Xbox* sold the most games across all console platforms in January with 2.27 million units sold, making up 47 percent of software market share."

#50 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3790 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

No it's you that is thick.

The price cut only came into effect on Friday (28th)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26325354

Titanfall bundle isn't out yet so couldn't chart regardless. anyone who's interested in the titanfall bundle isn't going to start rushing out buying games for a console they dont have yet.

cretin

Will be interesting to see if Xbone software continues to flatline this week even with the "positive" PR and TF "hype." Xbone $500 Titanfall machine (nearly) confirmed.