indie game the movie teach you about indie developers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (6515 posts) -

For me, I feel deeply, they are whiny males who are not really men. The movie attempts to make them come across as deep and emotional but they just come across as men who have no balls.

#2 Posted by Boddicker (2248 posts) -

I watched about half that movie. What really got me was haughtiness of the Fez developer (whatever his name is). He came off like a giant douchebag.

#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (6515 posts) -

I watched about half that movie. What really got me was haughtiness of the Fez developer (whatever his name is). He came off like a giant douchebag.

I agree my friend, I watched it today and this Fish fellow came across as someone creating his own little drama to feel sorry for himself. Pretty pathetic.

#4 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

I can't shake off the idea they allowed themselves to get filmed in order to get sponsored. Money must have had to do with it, and obviously they had to have enough material to make a full length movie.

#5 Posted by jg4xchamp (46540 posts) -

They went out on their own, bet on themselves, and grinded it out till they hit paydirt.

And their bitches because they reacted to the pressure? big whoop. Son you ne....oh you're probably trolling.

#6 Posted by magicalclick (22167 posts) -

I didn't see the entire movie. I like the Braid guy and the meat boy bear guy. At least I haven't seen them trash talk. I really dislike some other guys and pretty much ruined the movie for me. From the small portion I have watched. There is basically two sides. One side wants to be indie because they know their game is not suitable for big publishers and they know they have to go indie to fulfill their vision. They can still go work with a big team if they choose because they are likable. And there is another side who are basically jerks who will never be able to work in a big company due to their poor personality and they will blame others for their own bad attitude.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (45633 posts) -

The skinny guy that made super meat boy is a dick.