Incredible looking indie JRPG. PC exclusive

  • 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by IgGy621985 (4844 posts) -

Indie. Damn.

In short, it's not out yet, but it *could* be next year if their Kickstarter campaign succeeds. They want $100.000 which is ambitious, to say the least.

But it does look pretty damn good.

And yeah, it is incredible looking considering this is indie after all.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by lostrib (39226 posts) -

Kickstarter?

in that case, I'll believe it when I see it

#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18419 posts) -

Shaq Fu 2 > this

#4 Edited by IgGy621985 (4844 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Kickstarter?

in that case, I'll believe it when I see it

Yup, pretty much, but from the state of the game in the trailer, they already did a lot. Hopefully.

#5 Posted by Aljosa23 (25517 posts) -

Incredible looking? lol ok

#6 Edited by Gue1 (10442 posts) -

the trailer looks like a mix of a bunch of games that I have already played. Tales battle system, Rogue Galaxy's art-style, Chrono Cross music, Xenoblade's scale. Looks decent...

#7 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14707 posts) -

Why did it have to be fucking furries.

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8566 posts) -

Another game for weeaboos. Yay.

#9 Edited by blackace (21100 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

Indie. Damn.

In short, it's not out yet, but it *could* be next year if their Kickstarter campaign succeeds. They want $100.000 which is ambitious, to say the least.

But it does look pretty damn good.

And yeah, it is incredible looking considering this is indie after all.

What do you think?

Looks good. Reminds me of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Hope this will come to game consoles.

#10 Posted by magicalclick (23046 posts) -

Looks really nice. I am happy for them.

#11 Posted by nethernova (4158 posts) -

Your eyes must be broken.

#12 Edited by da_illest101 (7560 posts) -

that has to be the most interesting pc game I saw in years

#13 Edited by Timstuff (26837 posts) -

@IgGy621985: It looks great. I will probably be throwing a few bucks their way once I get paid next week! :)

#14 Posted by Heil68 (45797 posts) -

I'm sure it will be day 1 purchase for Sniper...lolz

#15 Posted by OhSnapitz (18464 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm sure it will be day 1 purchase for Sniper...lolz

+1

#16 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4950 posts) -

It was a matter of time until the Japanese discover Kickstarter.

100k is far from ambitious. It will almost certainly reach its goal.

EDIT: They are French. Sigh.

#17 Posted by remiks00 (1985 posts) -

It definitely looks interesting, but it's not "incredible" status yet imo. It has my attention non-the-less.

#18 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (796 posts) -

Had it been a Ninty/Sony game this thread would be filled with praises and GOTY claims.

#19 Edited by m_machine024 (15026 posts) -

Hmm looks like real time combat. Artstyle and world look good. I'm interested.

It's already at 10%.

#20 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3107 posts) -

Sniper is not gonna be happy about this.

#21 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16804 posts) -

I really hope they are not fully dedicated to that new language. If they meet a strech goal, I hope they actually include English voice talent.

#22 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3923 posts) -

If there's one thing PC needs more of, it's good jrpgs, so I'm all for this.

#23 Edited by bbkkristian (14963 posts) -

At first I was not very impressed, but after I was done watching the trailer, I can safely say I'm interested.

#24 Edited by Kashiwaba (7435 posts) -

I'm interested but since there is nothing about a port to the console then I'm not supporting it

#25 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34179 posts) -

>Sees thumbnail

>Hey, characters that aren't a bunch skimpy school girls, this may be promising

>Sees furries

>smh

#26 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

I didn´t think I would be interested before watching that trailer but now that I did I´m really,really interested,looks pretty cool.

#27 Edited by princeofshapeir (14446 posts) -

meh

#28 Edited by lawlessx (46856 posts) -

i honestly didn't expect this kickstarter to be so far into development.usually they just have 2-3 pieces of artwork

i will back this

#29 Posted by Pffrbt (6588 posts) -

This looks surprisingly good, makes me feel nostalgic for PS1 era RPGs.

#30 Posted by dr_jashugan (2588 posts) -

Looks cool. Hope they can make it happen. :-)

#31 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5997 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Incredible looking? lol ok

Yeah, that's a bit much lol. Some of those environments look really nice though. Characters are just lulz.

#32 Posted by Roler42 (782 posts) -

Looks interesting, but i'm allergic to kickstarter so... I'll wait and see how it goes, might buy if it meets goal and gets released

#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151709 posts) -

Graphics are too plain...

#34 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29541 posts) -

Looks cool. Hope this ends up being good.

#35 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4381 posts) -

Wow . Nice find bro , looks amazing .

#36 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1969 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

It was a matter of time until the Japanese discover Kickstarter.

100k is far from ambitious. It will almost certainly reach its goal.

EDIT: They are French. Sigh.

hahahah. I stick to level 5 thank you.

#37 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

I don't see what's so great/interesting about it that yall seem to see.

Looks average at best imo

#38 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4381 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Had it been a Ninty/Sony game this thread would be filled with praises and GOTY claims.

#39 Edited by DeathLordCrime (292 posts) -

Why is it called a JRPG when it not made by a japanese developer

#40 Posted by lawlessx (46856 posts) -

@deathlordcrime said:

Why is it called a JRPG when it not made by a japanese developer

and it starts..

#41 Edited by WallofTruth (1777 posts) -

Wow, that looks actually really good, I hope it gets backed, I'd probably buy it day 1 on Steam.

#42 Edited by ChronosChris (317 posts) -

It looked decent... until I saw the combat.. Meh. But.. maybe.

#43 Edited by lamprey263 (24477 posts) -

I don't think anything about this looks incredible really, incredible for an indie Kickstarter maybe, but I wonder if it's just good looking to someone with a furry fetish. If they want money, just make something with online co-op play with custom made furry characters with optional yiffing parties and furry fornication. They can't just partially furry this game, it needs to go full on furry.

#44 Edited by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

Environments basically look like World of Warcraft. Since it's a JRPG, wont be good.

Pc gamers don't play JRPG's anyway. It's why Final Fantasy's is never bothered with unless MMO.

#45 Edited by IgGy621985 (4844 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I don't think anything about this looks incredible really, incredible for an indie Kickstarter maybe

Well, what do you know. That's exactly what I wrote in the OP.

#46 Edited by IgGy621985 (4844 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers don't play JRPG's anyway. It's why Final Fantasy's is never bothered with unless MMO.

What the hell would you know about what PC gamers play or don't play?

#47 Posted by Zidaneski (8480 posts) -

I do like colorful games, hope it delivers but I'll wait for more info to pass judgement.

#48 Posted by ArisShadows (22664 posts) -

Looks interesting to say the least.

#49 Posted by lamprey263 (24477 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@lamprey263 said:

I don't think anything about this looks incredible really, incredible for an indie Kickstarter maybe

Well, what do you know. That's exactly what I wrote in the OP.

Well, it'd appear we'd be in agreement then; so what crawled up your butt?

#50 Edited by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers don't play JRPG's anyway. It's why Final Fantasy's is never bothered with unless MMO.

What the hell would you know about what PC gamers play or don't play?

My friend, who i'v always admired and will always love, deeply. My word, it is not. I simply look at the reality and evaluate.

The reality is exactly as described. Thus, I comment on it.

People such as yourself, highly emotionally driven and devoid of logic, should adopt this form of thinking. It is very good.