Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, another AAE for PC

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5151 posts) -

Review 8/10

Besides, the game does really good on MC, 82/79. I wish I bought it over Watch_dogs. It would have saved me 45 bucks. The game is just 15$ on Steam and it looks amazing.

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18333 posts) -

RPG Heavy.... Didn't like it one bit.

#3 Edited by remiks00 (2464 posts) -

I heard it was a really good game

#4 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -

Loved the first one... I will probably get this soon. Its pretty cheap.

#5 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3231 posts) -

you mean another indie garbage with outdated graphics and gameplay

Totally the reason why i spend 2k on my rig.

#6 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5151 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

You mean indie garbage that does better on Metacritic than most recently released games ? Yeh sure.

#7 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7828 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

LOL, have fun with Watch Dogs.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

I thought the first game looked interesting but never bought it. May get this game later when on a cheap $5 steam sale. This August I'm getting Diablo 3 for PS4, so I'll have my ARPG fix in and it will be fun playing it again after already playing PC version.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

Never bought the first one because it looked like the combat would get monotonous (I always saw him shooting his pistols)

Might check this one out.

#10 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1085 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

Metacritic:

IA of Van Helsing 2 > Flopzone:SF, Knack, I:SS.

Dat butthurt.

#11 Posted by OhJayDubya (1172 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

I spent about the same on my rig and I would say one of the best games I have played since getting it is Path of Exile.

#12 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18333 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k

Well thats what RPGs are..... If you look closer you find he wasn't always shooting the same weapon or ammo..... There couldve been differen types of ammos and weapons and some enemies maybe weaker/resistant to different types of attacks....

Rule number one about any RPG: its never about the gameplay, Bethesda and Square Enix are Proof of that.

Now some Action RPGs do have better gameplay.... Just not better than action games, thats what the RPG elements are for..... compensation ! :p

infact I've often seen True RPG fans say the action detracts from the Role Playing.....

So.... Is this game for you ?

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

But in Action RPGs, the ones I like the most, the action is very important.

Sure, you could say that the combat is monotonous in the genre in general, but to me The Adventures of Van Helsing seemed like it had even less variety of combat.

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18333 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k

Yes.... They had to make room for Role Playing... :p

#16 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5151 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

But in Action RPGs, the ones I like the most, the action is very important.

Sure, you could say that the combat is monotonous in the genre in general, but to me The Adventures of Van Helsing seemed like it had even less variety of combat.

Yeh. My advice to you, never chose a ranger class in action rpgs. Rangers are boring. They always shoot and run away. If you look for more interesting tactics, go for a melee. The Adventures of Van Helsing does have the melee class. You should probably play that one.

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18333 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich

Rangers are Boring in Fighting Games too. Especially Green Arrow from Injustice.

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@R4gn4r0k

Yes.... They had to make room for Role Playing... :p

Role-playing as a monster hunter :p

And you can't be a good monster hunter without having access to a bunch of cool weapons XD

@jhonMalcovich said:

Yeh. My advice to you, never chose a ranger class in action rpgs. Rangers are boring. They always shoot and run away. If you look for more interesting tactics, go for a melee. The Adventures of Van Helsing does have the melee class. You should probably play that one.

True, though I like to start as a ranger class, I get bored of them more rapidly than other classes.

How many classes does this game have ?

#19 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5151 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k:

3 classes

the Hunter class — the sword and pistols

The Thaumaturge - the mage-like class, provides destructive spells.

The Arcane Mechanic - the summoner class, can use flamethrowers, artillery and summon mechanical creatures.

Adn then it has similarities with Path of Exiles. Through assigning points on a vast skills tree, you can custom you character into a particular play style.

Like the Hunter may have melee or ranger specializations or a mix of both.

#20 Edited by Lucianu (9558 posts) -

Game looks like some great fun, i'm definitely giving it a go on sunday. I might have skiped it otherwise, so thanks for the thread.

#21 Edited by cainetao11 (19289 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: Hell yeah dude. My VA check hits tomorrow, been holding out to buy this. I am loving Steam and PC gaming now that I am in it.

#22 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

Game doesn't look great, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. Could be a sleeper hit in the end.

#23 Posted by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR: lower standards because it's cheaper. Better luck next time.

#24 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1085 posts) -
@AM-Gamer said:

Ouch. Gotta hurt when your million dollar budget games from your favorite company suck compared to "indie garbage".

#25 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

source?

#26 Edited by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR: I didn't know AA sucked now? But since the PC can't support a AAA exclusive you scrubs will take what you can get.

#27 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

free-to-play games score as well as 'divide by zero error'

captain derpy damage controlling again. who gives a shit about scores anyway?

anyway, that looks just fine, and it has super modest system requirements. 8800GT et al minimum. so the door's wide open to all, no expensive hardware required.

#28 Edited by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: I didn't know AA sucked now? But since the PC can't support a AAA exclusive you scrubs will take what you can get.

do you enjoy being wrong?

#29 Edited by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: Value has always been a part of reviews.

#30 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: Value has always been a part of reviews.

well please show me where it was factored in and how it affected the standards of review

#31 Posted by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: Do you enjoy getting owned? When is the last time the pc has had a big budget exclusive?

#32 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: Do you enjoy getting owned? When is the last time the pc has had a big budget exclusive?

So i'll take that as you enjoy being wrong a lot. What does budget have to do with if a game is good or not? shouldn't it matter the quality of the game, not how much was spent on it?

#33 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@AM-Gamer said:

fail dodge

#34 Edited by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: So basically you know I'm right and you are just babbling. The PC can't support a big budget exclusive, that's a fact. Does budget automatically make it good? No.....but I'd take infamous SS over journey or Resogun any day of the week.

#35 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@lostrib: oh no he strawmanned you. i've never seen that before.

#36 Edited by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: So basically you know I'm right and you are just babbling. The PC can't support a big budget exclusive, that's a fact. Does budget automatically make it good? No.....but I'd take infamous SS over journey or Resogun any day of the week.

You're never right

The PC has had plenty of big budget exclusives, that's a fact.

#37 Posted by Ballroompirate (23698 posts) -

Every time when jhonMalcovich and uninspiredcup show off a game I actually want to get, it makes me not want to get it cause they most likely tainted the shyt out of it...

#38 Edited by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: oh no he strawmanned you. i've never seen that before.

so original!

#39 Posted by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: You done circle jerking?

#40 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: You done circle jerking?

are you done trolling?

#41 Posted by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: I'm never right? Then name me all the big budget exclusives that have come to the pc this year?

Most of the pc exclusives are f2p bullshit.

#42 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: I'm never right? Then name me all the big budget exclusives that have come to the pc this year?

Most of the pc exclusives are f2p bullshit.

so now we're changing the goal posts? awesome

Take it that means you're not done trolling

#43 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

calling out someone for a strawman argument is circle jerking?

oh please by all means go ahead with strawman. it's a good way to win an arguderp.

#44 Posted by IgGy621985 (4952 posts) -

I finished the first one. Really, really good action RPG. Super addictive.

#45 Posted by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: I've never changed the topic fool. When I say AAA that means triple A title or big budget title. I'm not talking about if it gets a 9.0 or above on gamespot. It's a term the gaming industry uses for games like Watchdogs, Halo and Destiny. Those are big budget titles that make billions. I realize the pc has lots of 9.0 above exclusives but most of them are indie titles and I'm tired of people acting like those are on the same level of a major release. You didn't build a powerful pc to play indie titles.

You don't see me blabbering about Resogun and Journey.

#46 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: I've never changed the topic fool. When I say AAA that means triple A title or big budget title. I'm not talking about if it gets a 9.0 or above on gamespot. It's a term the gaming industry uses for games like Watchdogs, Halo and Destiny. Those are big budget titles that make billions. I realize the pc has lots of 9.0 above exclusives but most of them are indie titles and I'm tired of people acting like those are on the same level of a major release. You didn't build a powerful pc to play indie titles.

You don't see me blabbering about Resogun and Journey.

oh I know what you meant, you were still wrong

#47 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

yip. just look at MGS ground zeroes to see why cost/value doesn't/shouldn't factor into reviews. totalbiscuit spoke at length about it at the time.

so yeah, post 30 - no wonder he couldn't answer it.

#48 Edited by AM-Gamer (5162 posts) -

@lostrib: Um no I'm not and you can't seem to prove it.

The last pc franchises that I remember that fit that criteria are Witcher and Crysis and neither are exclusive.

#49 Edited by GodspellWH (707 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

The last pc franchises that I remember that fit that criteria are Witcher and Crysis and neither are exclusive.

Witcher wasn't even high budget your telling me games like Starcraft doesn't fit that criteria or Sega pc franchises.

#50 Edited by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

you may need to get your memory checked then.

But it's just sad that you're caring more about the budget of the game rather than the quality.