Inafune's beggin' for more...

#1 Edited by Gue1 (9160 posts) -

that's right, apparently over $4 million is not enough to make a crappy looking 2D game like Mighty No 9 and now Inafune's beggin' for $200,000 more to add voice acting to the game.

http://www.mightyno9.com/

I don't know about you guys but I feel like this is getting ridiculous. I mean, how are these guys with only $100k be doing something like this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438269196/shiness But Inafune needs over 4 million dollars to make a simple 2D rip-off of Megaman? Seriously....

#2 Edited by RossRichard (2306 posts) -

Games are expensive to make.

#3 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11981 posts) -

It could be that you aren't privy to the intimate details of the funding, costs, time and staffing of each respective game project.

#4 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

And divinity original sin only got $700k and fair early access.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38242 posts) -

How much do you know about video game budgets, and how to manage it properly?

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25827 posts) -

You know, until Inafune pulls the same BS Dennis Dyack pulled, I wouldn't complain yet.

#7 Edited by drummerdave9099 (603 posts) -

This reminds me of Curt Shilling's video game company. Struggled financially, now it's gone and he's broke

#8 Posted by parkurtommo (25445 posts) -

Doesn't have voice acting. Need a few million for that.

#9 Edited by cainetao11 (15899 posts) -

@_BlueDuck_: amazing isn't it? I am guilty of it in football season. Its called arm chair QBing. I can make batter reads and decisions with the ball from my seat. In reality, I know nothing about being a pro football QB. Gamers sit here and say this dev sucks, how could this have been done, blah blah. Because we know nothing about it unless you are in it, in reality.

#10 Edited by parkurtommo (25445 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

@_BlueDuck_: amazing isn't it? I am guilty of it in football season. Its called arm chair QBing. I can make batter reads and decisions with the ball from my seat. In reality, I know nothing about being a pro football QB. Gamers sit here and say this dev sucks, how could this have been done, blah blah. Because we know nothing about it unless you are in it, in reality.

It's not really that, it's more like an impulsive lack of empathy. You probably know what devs do and how long it takes etc. but you kind of suspend that knowledge during criticism.

#11 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

Uhh they added voice acting just before the release. Though not full voice acting.

#12 Posted by aroxx_ab (9143 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

that's right, apparently over $4 million is not enough to make a crappy looking 2D game like Mighty No 9 and now Inafune's beggin' for $200,000 more to add voice acting to the game.

http://www.mightyno9.com/

I don't know about you guys but I feel like this is getting ridiculous. I mean, how are these guys with only $100k be doing something like this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438269196/shiness But Inafune needs over 4 million dollars to make a simple 2D rip-off of Megaman? Seriously....

Wow !!! that Shiness game looks and sounds amazing !!!

#13 Posted by Krelian-co (10057 posts) -

It could be that you aren't privy to the intimate details of the funding, costs, time and staffing of each respective game project.

#14 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24296 posts) -

This doesn't impede on the current project. Which is completely funded and still being worked on.

This is for Expansions or Completely new Content for the Game.

Probably things like Cutscenes or Voice Work.

IT ALSO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANIMATION. Just so you know other Companies have done stuff like this. Shovel Knight had an Extended Campaign if I recall, Shantae 1/2 Genie hero had one, heck even A Hat in Time has one. Not only that, but I believe Wasteland 2 is pretty much still getting backing with the Early Access Beta.

So really at this point you're just Preordering the Game. Since Backing this pretty much guarantees you a copy of the game. I'm already in the Early Access Beta once it launches, but i would totally dig a Japanese and English Voice Acting gig. I would like it even more if we get an optional "Megaman 8" style of English Voice Acting.

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (6905 posts) -

I don't understand getting up in arms about this. If they need more money, they need more money.

#16 Posted by General_Solo76 (87 posts) -

The man doesn't work cheap! You dig OP?

#17 Posted by Heirren (15987 posts) -

Nintendo should just hire the man.

#18 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6597 posts) -
@Heirren said:

He would never get voice acting then.

#19 Posted by Roler42 (472 posts) -

Oh! thanks for letting us know TC! Gonna donate a couple of bucks for dat voice acting :)

#20 Posted by Shewgenja (7947 posts) -

Let's start with the fact that it's not a MegaMan ripoff but an actual spiritual continuation of the series made by the original creator and then we'll discuss your lack of knowledge about game budgets.

#21 Posted by jer_1 (7419 posts) -

That's pretty sad, Larian would likely make 2 or 3 FAR better games at that rate.

#22 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21271 posts) -

Just have one of the staff do the voice acting. I wouldn't mind Japanese dub only btw.

Also Megaman still looks more appealing. the character NO.9 looks like a cheap rip off even though it's by the same guy who created Megaman. guess he lost the talent.I don't know it feels like something is missing with this game.

#23 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12832 posts) -

I'd rather forego the voice acting, I'm ok with blips.

#24 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26166 posts) -

Just have one of the staff do the voice acting. I wouldn't mind Japanese dub only btw.

Also Megaman still looks more appealing. the character NO.9 looks like a cheap rip off even though it's by the same guy who created Megaman. guess he lost the talent.I don't know it feels like something is missing with this game.

I think whats missing in your eyes is mega man himself. To be fair its all capcoms fault. They just wouldint let the man make another MM game for some odd reason.

#25 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26166 posts) -

I'd rather forego the voice acting, I'm ok with blips.

To be honest I was surprised when they said they wanted to add voice acting. Then theres the cg cartoon thats coming. It seems they are putting alot of faith in this game to be a big hit.

#26 Edited by GreySeal9 (23939 posts) -

Let's start with the fact that it's not a MegaMan ripoff but an actual spiritual continuation of the series made by the original creator and then we'll discuss your lack of knowledge about game budgets.

^This.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen in awhile.

#27 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Heirren said:

And a game like this would probably be better for it. I can imagine it now: cheesy Sonic-esque Saturday morning voices in this game to make it sound absolutely terrible.

#28 Edited by Ghost120x (3652 posts) -

I'd rather not have full VO because they will pick the wrong actors and beck will sound like a 3 year old girl. Why wasn't any of this in the stretch goals for the original kickstarter?

How about you finish the game first before you add stuff, inafune? Prove that you actually are the "father of megaman" first. You have make sure the Cow is good and has no infections before you start to milk.

#29 Posted by Renegade_Fury (16952 posts) -

I hope they're just as "good" as these voice actors. :)

#30 Posted by sam890 (1057 posts) -

How much do you know about video game budgets, and how to manage it properly?

teh interwebs

#31 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6597 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Heirren said:

And a game like this would probably be better for it. I can imagine it now: cheesy Sonic-esque Saturday morning voices in this game to make it sound absolutely terrible.

Yeah, it is much more likely that voice acting will harm this game than help it.

#32 Edited by mems_1224 (45785 posts) -

This whole thing just seems pretty disgusting to me.

#33 Posted by Legend002 (6652 posts) -

IGN said:
Content for the base game of Mighty No. 9 is already set in stone, and additional funding will only be directed toward bonus features. Although the development team is reaching out to those who backed the title through its original Kickstarter campaign, the majority of the new focus is being centered on those who missed out the first time around.

This is kinda funny. lol

#34 Posted by Krelian-co (10057 posts) -

#35 Posted by MrYaotubo (2507 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

Yeah it does,probably more VA than Mn9 will ever have even.

#36 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24296 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: Inafune didn't make Megaman. He was a co-creator.
However he is somewhat responsible for Most of the Megaman Games, Including Megaman X, Zero, Legends, and Battle Network.

#37 Edited by uninspiredcup (6904 posts) -

Divinity: Original Sin only asked for $400 thousand (it got $900) and produced a multi voiced game with AAA production values.

Why does this need millions upon millions?

#38 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24296 posts) -

Divinity: Original Sin only asked for $400 thousand (it got $900) and produced a multi voiced game with AAA production values.

Budget.

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (6904 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Budget.

But it's 2d and a much more rudimentary game.

#40 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24296 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Budget.

Mighty Number 9 is 2.5d. The current Budget for Mighty Number 9 probably won't allow Inafune and the Team to include Voice work so they made this new crowd funding campaign.

The Work for Mighty No.9 is not stopping, the game is still getting made and it's still on schedule. All this really is is an Extended Preorder, because when you back this campaign you're pretty much getting access to the game at launch. They even called this the "Straggler" campaign.

#41 Posted by uninspiredcup (6904 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Budget.

Mighty Number 9 is 2.5d. The current Budget for Mighty Number 9 probably won't allow Inafune and the Team to include Voice work so they made this new crowd funding campaign.

The Work for Mighty No.9 is not stopping, the game is still getting made and it's still on schedule. All this really is is an Extended Preorder, because when you back this campaign you're pretty much getting access to the game at launch. They even called this the "Straggler" campaign.

They should call it the "greed" campaign.

#42 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69063 posts) -

How does this really concern you? I don't back kickstarter, so i don't lose money. Easy peasy. I just buy if it get's released

#43 Posted by foxhound_fox (86939 posts) -

Begging? He's graciously requesting further assistance. If he doesn't get it, then the game doesn't get voice acting.

#44 Edited by Jag85 (4265 posts) -

How can Inafune "rip-off" his own work? Use some common sense, Gue1.

#45 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

I'm not going to pretend to know how it all works financially but to me 4 million dollars from their Kickstarter sounds like it should be more than enough especially when they got more than 4 times their initial goal, which I think was... 900,000? I'm aware that the extra money was for the stretch goals but I would assume 900,000 would include basic stuff like voice acting and I think 4 million would easily be able to include that.

#46 Posted by JangoWuzHere (15929 posts) -

I don't think the audience for this game cares about voice acting. Especially if its $200,000 worth.

#47 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

Begging? He's graciously requesting further assistance. If he doesn't get it, then the game doesn't get voice acting.

OP is a cow, they are low IQ.

#48 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25827 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

How can Inafune "rip-off" his own work? Use some common sense, Gue1.

He doesn't think Inafune IS the creator of Mega Man. That's the problem. Heck, he came up with some nonsense where Inafune, Yokoi/Sakamoto, and their "mentor" had a drinking game over Mega Man and Metroid's creation.