IN NEED OF ADVICE: Choosing next-gen console!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jwboutte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jwboutte
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I currently have an Xbox 360 and I love it, compared to the PS3. The multiplayer experience is phenomenal, and it's really helped me connect with many of my friends through Xbox Live. I plan on getting a next-gen console, preferably at a midnight launch because I know there will be shortages afterwards but I'm really not sure which console to choose. I know all they hype about the PS4; the cheaper price, better hardware & indie games. Regardless, part of me wants to stay loyal to the Microsoft and get the XB1. I have a lot of friends on XBL, but I also know plenty of people getting the PS4. The major question for me is will the multiplayer experience be improved on the PS4, as well as cross-game chat? I really just want to choose the console of the Future!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Can't say. Generally, yes, PSN will be better on PS4 than on PS3 (which isn't that tough seeing as PS3 had some truly glaring issues). How much better is a toss-up. I'll let you know on November 15.

What do you spend more time doing? Single player or MP?

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Give you advice, one has games (Xbox one) and the other does movies and spunkgargleweewee (ps4).

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

get the steambox

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

No point in getting a PS4 right now, are you going to get a PS4 and get COD:Ghosts and pay to play it online when you could play it free on the PS3. You obviously already pay for Live, enjoy Live, and it's only getting improvements and dedicated servers. There is no guarantee that the new PSN you'll be paying to play online with will be any good.

Also biggest selling point for you should be all the friends people you game with, get what they get

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

heres what you do, wait for 1 month after launch and see which you enjoy playing more at your friends house and then buy that one. X1 will have more games at launch but in a year or two time both will have enough.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

seems you have friends in both places SO that's not very helpful of just choosing one

So next thing move on the games that coming out now and near future. What looks most interesting? to me xbox. I mostly end up with both systems in year or two That is why i say near future.

Next thing is features What interest you that the other might not have?

NOW PICK!

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

If you want games then get the XBox One. (there are actually people in this forum that have pre-ordered the PS4 without buying any games)

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

i preordered the ps4 without realizing it has no games. good thing i was able to cancel it on time and switch to the superior Xbox One.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@xxyetixx: I think that's great advice for the TC.

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

If you want games then get the XBox One. (there are actually people in this forum that have pre-ordered the PS4 without buying any games)

haha. for real? can you say who? I'm just imagining someone using the PS4 for free-to-plays alone.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@psymon100 said:

@xxyetixx: I think that's great advice for the TC.

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

haha. for real? can you say who? I'm just imagining someone using the PS4 for free-to-plays alone.

It was in the pre-order proof thread

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Get a ps4, it's cheaper and it's hardware is much better

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@jwboutte said:

I currently have an Xbox 360 and I love it, compared to the PS3. The multiplayer experience is phenomenal, and it's really helped me connect with many of my friends through Xbox Live. I plan on getting a next-gen console, preferably at a midnight launch because I know there will be shortages afterwards but I'm really not sure which console to choose. I know all they hype about the PS4; the cheaper price, better hardware & indie games. Regardless, part of me wants to stay loyal to the Microsoft and get the XB1. I have a lot of friends on XBL, but I also know plenty of people getting the PS4. The major question for me is will the multiplayer experience be improved on the PS4, as well as cross-game chat? I really just want to choose the console of the Future!

Well, you're going to have plenty of time to make your decision since I feel that both the Xbox One and the PS4 are going to be in very short supply upon launch. Meaning, if you don't already have one of them pre-ordered, you're going to be out of luck for a while (unless you decide on a Wii U).

So my advice is to wait and watch for the time being. See how well the two machines are received by us gamers. Observe how the games and services for each system pan out. Research our feed back and play with some of the kiosks in stores so you can get a feel of these machines yourself. This way you can reach the most sensible decision for yourself. Because asking us here is CRAZY. System Wars is one of the biggest cesspools of biased garbage and fanboyism anywhere on the internet (which makes us a very unreliable source for honest input).

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

and how many of these so-called "friends " have parted with the money to secure themselves a launch xbox one? hmm?

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I won't deny that X1 will carry on the 360's good online however I find more value in PSN. Sony will bring the games in terms of exclusives in the future. Depends on what you want in a next gen console I am personally buying a PS4.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I suggest you wait if you are not decided just yet. It looks better for PS4 right now, as it is more powerful, cheaper, and Sony has so much more talented 1st and 2nd party devs, but it is not yet guaranteed. MS might surprise us with great games a not just gearshaloforza nonsense like last gen. Neither console currently has a must-have game in my opinion (although Killzone SF and inFamous look very tempting), so no need to get one just yet.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

there is no reason to pre order the games. I bet MS/sony has same amount of disc made has they have consoles or very close

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Need a world class gaming experience?

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

The PlayStation®4 system provides dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features. Combining unparalleled content, immersive gaming experiences, all of your favorite digital entertainment apps, and PlayStation® exclusives, the PS4™ system focuses on the gamers.

Want world class games and a barn bursting amount of them?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Greatness awaits TC.

Sony.

PS4/

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Need a world class gaming experience?

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

The PlayStation®4 system provides dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features. Combining unparalleled content, immersive gaming experiences, all of your favorite digital entertainment apps, and PlayStation® exclusives, the PS4™ system focuses on the gamers.

Want world class games and a barn bursting amount of them?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Greatness awaits TC.

Sony.

PS4/

A barn busting amount of delayed games?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@juarbles said:

Gamers will choose the ps4. Annoying kids choose the xbone. So I'd get the first option if I were you since I'm a gamer.

Gamers will choose which ever console has the games the want to play. If your going to play the true hardcore gamer card you would own all next gen consoles so you didnt miss out on any exclusive titles whatsoever.

Im getting an Xbox One because it meets my gaming needs and also the entertainment needs of my family. When you reach a certain age and level of maturity I imagine you will understand my point of view.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@always_explicit:

You know Sony will deliver the world class games, I know they will and the world knows they will. Just like last gen; Hell look at this year if you need further proof. Sony delivers the games period.

You cant stop greatness brah.

1 game being delayed isn't going to. Nope

Better strap one on, because thew PS4 and its world class gaming is going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your TV, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness flowing through your veins.

Simply stunning.

Day 1.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

There's no reason to pre-order anything, neither system is going to have much of a library before the first year or so.

I still have a backlog of games from current gen.

The best time to get a system is when it's a couple years old, it gets price drops and then you go in and plunder the backlog.

Don't rush.