Imagine if PS4 & X720 were virtually identical?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CwlHeddwyn (5314 posts) -
Ok so we've had tonnes of leaks and rumours about the next genmconsoles but nothing confirmed. So imagine it turned out that both Sony and MS had managed to source virtually identical components for their new consoles? Same CPU, same RAM and same GPU. Imagine what impact it would have? Thoughts?
#2 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Identical multiplats, only exclusives and console specific features to tell them apart I guess.

#3 Posted by superfalcon1234 (258 posts) -

It will be the same as this generation

#4 Posted by Whiteknight19 (1303 posts) -

They pretty much are in a way both have an 8 core cpu except that ps4 has faster ram and gpu

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (28804 posts) -
Imagine
#6 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Identical multiplats, only exclusives and console specific features to tell them apart I guess.

True_Chaos_UK

^^This^^

Basically the same as this gen.

Though I expect PS4 to be more powerful as it will probably launch later, thus allowing them to beef up the system.

#7 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38172 posts) -

They will be the same

#8 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Imagine? Probably no need.

#9 Posted by bezza2011 (2241 posts) -

I think we know that there going to be pretty much the same I guess what's going to be the difference is the going to be the inter face and the othrler things we get with it i.e. apps but the truth is I am praying they are really different so I have a good reason to have both but does it really matter the fan boys will get there consoles what et the differences good or bad

#10 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Why would I have to imagine anything, when we have the same situation now?

PS3 and the 360 are neck to neck, in such cases, consoles differentiate themselves with game libraries...

#11 Posted by locopatho (20044 posts) -
Well Cows will still think they are a million miles ahead while lemmings will get better multiplats :P
#12 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7767 posts) -

You'd go for the one that has tons of exclusives, variety, free online, reliable hardare, and options as far as thrid party accessories go.

Or you could go full fanboy for no reason and get a 720.

#13 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

You'd go for the one that has tons of exclusives, variety, free online, reliable hardare, and options as far as thrid party accessories go.

Eddie-Vedder

This statement coming from you contains suffocating levels of irony! ;)

#14 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Rocker6

Playstation AsphyxiationContinuation.

#15 Posted by TheEroica (13134 posts) -

Ive been saying they do this for years... that way no porting is needed. nobody gave a rats arse that the xbox and ps3 looked nearly identical. just simplify things for everyone i say. they can still have their exclusives and things that are different vut unifying the hardware would be ok with me.

#16 Posted by TheEroica (13134 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

psymon100

Playstation AsphyxiationContinuation.

:lol:
#17 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
u mean just like this gen? No impact would happen and SW would live on.