im starting to think their is a conspiracy among developers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

to purposely fu*k the pc version of their game, to make us get consoles.......

ubisoft pc ports in perticular...... they don't optimize worth a sh*t, and make PC rely on brute force (even though most the time super high end pc brute force is better then console optimization)...... and most the time, they dont even release a pc verison

#4 Edited by lamprey263 (21022 posts) -

maybe they think you'll take the initiative yourselves to mod your games

maybe it's easier for them to develop for fixed hardware like the consoles, than it is to worry about various hardware configurations that might exist on a PC

#5 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Or maybe it's harder to optimise for millions of different hardware and software configurations.

#6 Edited by Sweenix (5102 posts) -

Now.... After all the searching, I see the answer in your eyes, Show.. me the way to stop hurting, in the world that keeps on changing, loves been known to disappear, But i have got to have you here...

Until forever! THIS IS FOR ALWAYS, If were together... Nothings going to take that away

Until forever, Because it was meant to be..

It's for ever you..... it's for ever you and me

#7 Posted by Pray_to_me (2468 posts) -

^ maad creepy brah

#8 Posted by Gue1 (8090 posts) -

there is no conspiracy they simply don't give a fuck. Go buy a new card.

#9 Edited by MonsieurX (27046 posts) -

I'm starting to think about why you're not banned yet

#10 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23173 posts) -

i just think there is not a lot of effort put into them because of piracy and/or there is not enough money in them to go the extra mile

now granted that is just an off the cuff knee jerk reaction but for real.

why do pc ports suck so badly so often?

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -
#12 Edited by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

pc gamers get the best version of games because PC is the lead platform this gen, or at least thats what hermits kept saying.

#13 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (23659 posts) -

Support Sony and Microsoft through Playstation and Xbox Brands!

Give nothing to Nintendo and Give only Half-Hearted Ports to PC!

#14 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Not a conspiracy.

I think most of the devs/publishers that are guilty of making bad PC games were "bigger" names when PC was in its downfall during the rise of broadband (before digital distribution came about). Back when piracy was huge, and consoles were the answer.

A lot of devs/pubs still treat the PC as if it's still like that, and just don't care to make their games worth-buying on PC even though the PC has been going through a boom lately.

Luckily it's just a very small handful that do this, but still. That's how it's always felt to me. It doesn't help that companies like Ubisoft have constantly berated the PC platform for the last 8 years for being an haven for piracy. It's not really a surprise their efforts on the platform are bad.

#15 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

The herms aren't going to like this, but once people stop pirating so many PC games (more so than console) then I'm sure they'd put in the effort. Otherwise it'l be a lazy port by low tier devs because resources get wasted when people steal their games. Why should they put their best people on the job when they could train interns?

#16 Posted by adamosmaki (9282 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Shut up, troll.

seconded. Apparently he got tired trying to pass you need 3 780ti's to beat PS4 and decided to pass pc ports are mostly unoptimized or that we dont get games

#17 Edited by Muffin2020 (492 posts) -

I have some questions for the MODS following the GS makeover.

1) Is spamming this shit for threads now allowed?

2)Do any MODS still come here?

3)Will we ever got a min level to create posts again?

4)Do you think the changes to the above are why so many people have left?

#18 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

The PC ports of games make much less than their counterparts. Why should they spend so much time optimizing them for such varying hardware? Be grateful that you even get console ports. lol.

#19 Edited by SexyJazzCat (794 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

there is no conspiracy they simply don't give a fuck. Go buy a new card.

Lazy console developers confirmed?

#20 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

It is harder to develop for a PC, b/c that term is often a fallacy. We act like PC is a thing, like the PS4. It is nothing like the PS4 though. PC is millions of variations. What do people think is easier a single target or millions?

#21 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (873 posts) -

You wouldn't happen to have any tin foil would you?