I'm so sad to see Palworld Knocked Off Top Spot on Steam Charts.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Palworld has been a massive success for developer Pocketpair, but it has lost its stranglehold on the top of the Steam charts. Palworld successfully combines the open world survival game genre with monster-catching mechanics to great effect. It became an overnight sensation, skyrocketing up the Steam charts in the process.

Palworld was at one point the top-selling game on Steam, and not only that, but it was also the most-played game on the platform. Palworld's incredible success saw it passing 2 million concurrent players on Steam, putting it just behind Counter-Strike for Steam's concurrent player record. There's no denying that Palworld has been a big hit, and if the developers are able to fix its more egregious issues and add new content to the game in a timely manner, there's a good chance that the game will remain incredibly popular throughout 2024

https://gamerant.com/palworld-steam-charts-helldivers-2/

To think that fans of Palworld were so adamant that the game would stay relevant.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

It gets repetitive. And it has no competitiveness. But was fun.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Mmm-hmm 🤭

Taken a minute ago. ✋️FACE!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

Wait, you're so sad that Palworld has been knocked out of Steam charts? How ironic😂

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Palworld is also the most played game on Steam in terms of hours played.

Give it a week or two, Palworld will still be outselling Helldivers 2.

Palworld is 2nd best selling paid game too, weeks after release. And it's an early access game too.

Xbox hating cows still at it I see after their failed FUD campaign went tits up.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

That top5 is depressing af. No wonder we keep getting live service trash.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6377 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

And yet Hermits keep saying they have higher standards to those of console gamers, I guess that myth is busted.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Soooo it beat an early access game? You guys try too hard.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3085 Posts

@kathaariancode: No doubt. "These raisins taste like rat shit!" "Just shut up eat, slave."

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

Can we just appreciate BG3, a mostly single player game, still being number 6th so long after it’s release!!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8443 Posts

I think Palworld will die off. It strikes me as a fad and once the "Pokemon with guns?!" Draw wears off I'm sure it will fade back into obscurity.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Can we just appreciate BG3, a mostly single player game, still being number 6th so long after it’s release!!

We certainly can!

As for the top sellers on Steam, I'm generally pretty happy with what is selling well. Thoroughly enjoying Helldivers 2 for my multiplayer, Enshrouded for my survival/crafting, and Last Epoch as my Diablo clone. All of which are top sellers as of the moment.

Better than the AAA garbage, at least. Glad to see other titles succeeding despite titans like CoD, Destiny 2, and other crap doing well.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@daredevils2k: Why sad? This is healthy competition.

Palworld was a huge success, sold many many copies!

Now we have another great game!

It's the cirrrrrcle of liiiiiiiiiife

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1893 Posts

@last_lap said:
@kathaariancode said:

And yet Hermits keep saying they have higher standards to those of console gamers, I guess that myth is busted.

A lot of PC gamers were, and still are, angry about console exclusives not going to their platform. So they try to say that they have higher quality games than our console games.

Though a lot of it is hardcore gamers being the minority. A lot of PC gamers are casual gamers. Most of them prefer online multiplayer games that they can play with their friends. That's why Fortnite and Minecraft are popping. Heck, casual gamers are the majority on every high selling gaming system. It's even proven with Nintendo. The most popular games on the Switch are Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Those are online casual games that you can play with friends.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6377 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@last_lap said:
@kathaariancode said:

A lot of PC gamers were, and still are, angry about console exclusives not going to their platform. So they try to say that they have higher quality games than our console games.

Though a lot of it is hardcore gamers being the minority. A lot of PC gamers are casual gamers. Most of them prefer online multiplayer games that they can play with their friends. That's why Fortnite and Minecraft are popping. Heck, casual gamers are the majority on every high selling gaming system. It's even proven with Nintendo. The most popular games on the Switch are Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Those are online casual games that you can play with friends.

How people can play competitive MP games on PC is a mystery to me as it's a full-blown cheat fest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39344 Posts

If Helldivers2 dev had actual servers for people to play on, its guaranteed to have 700k+ players this weekend, but nobody can play their fking game. I am stuck in the menus for i don't know how long ffs. GET ME IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 699 Posts

@jaydan: I hope pal world does really well. Maybe it will wake up game freak and make them do a pokemon up to the standards of this decade.

Or maybe it will be eat up in to their sales enough they will at least be a lot less successful while releasing outdated broken games.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

@hardwenzen: It keeps going up. I expect it to grow yet again this coming weekend.

Hilarious that it doesn't get conversation on this forum, though.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1893 Posts

@nirgal said:

@jaydan: I hope pal world does really well. Maybe it will wake up game freak and make them do a pokemon up to the standards of this decade.

Or maybe it will be eat up in to their sales enough they will at least be a lot less successful while releasing outdated broken games.

Or it could wake Pokemon up to release an even more unfinished product as the alpha version...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

@kathaariancode: very sad list of games. Truly pathetic.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@daredevils2k: "I'm so sad."

There, I fixed the topic title for ya.

lol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I'm more sad over the fact that Palworld exists. Seeing something good like Helldivers take its place is a slight boost of hope though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts

@last_lap said:
@luxuryheart said:
@last_lap said:
@kathaariancode said:

How people can play competitive MP games on PC is a mystery to me as it's a full-blown cheat fest.

You obviously don't game on PC but you like making such blanket statements, it comes over as very odd.

I've been gaming online on PC for far longer than there's been online on console -higher standards and all that- and cheaters have not been a common occurrence.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I mostly don't play online but, all I can say is that, when I played CS regularly, cheating was fairly common.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

The power of SONY, current gen leader. To be expected tbo.

We should take a moment and celebrate SONY's greatness.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

Huh... This thread aged badly...