I'm gonna buy an Xbox 360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
    Wassup, dudes. I'm going to throw my Playstation 3 in the trash because it's stupid and Gears is teh pwn.

I'm going to buy an Xbox 360! I missed the first year and I'll go ahead and assume that the console is going to have a four-year lifespan, at least as far as I'm willing to support the console through the online service. At $50 a yr that's $200. And I want to play HD-DVD movies because they teh pwn Blu Ray because they're teh cool. That requires a premium 360 at $400 and $200 for the player.

That's $800! What a friggin' steal, guys, I'm, like, psyched! Whee, whip, chim-chimminy, cha-roo! I love Microsoft!
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Wassup, dudes. I'm going to throw my Playstation 3 in the trash because it's stupid...

Redfingers

Why don't you just keep it, and then buy the Xbox 360. Owning more technology FTW...
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Redfingers
NO! I WANT TO THROW MY PLAYSTATION IN THE TRASH BECAUSE IT WAS MADE BY SONY!
NY_Yankees_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NY_Yankees_FTW
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
NO! I WANT TO THROW MY PLAYSTATION IN THE TRASH BECAUSE IT WAS MADE BY SONY!Redfingers
Stop wasting our valuable time :|
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
fakeboy.  stop posting garbage.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Redfingers
The only garbage in this topic is referenced in my Playstation 3. What is your evaluation of my summation that getting a Godbox 360 would cost $800?
l1mIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 l1mIt
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
dont buy a xflop yet, M$ is going to milk you when the one with 120gig hdd comes out :lol:
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Redfingers
Oh really. Will that one come with free online and an internal HD-DVD drive? No? Damn.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Well, the funny thing is, that online you pay for with Xbox Live! is far better than the PSN right now...

And I'm a cow, probably one of the more hardcore cows around here. But even I know that Live! is the better online experience...

As far as built-in HD-DVD. While I don't like attachments personally, it's nice having the choice...
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
Wassup, dudes. I'm going to throw my Playstation 3 in the trash because it's stupid and Gears is teh pwn.

I'm going to buy an Xbox 360! I missed the first year and I'll go ahead and assume that the console is going to have a four-year lifespan, at least as far as I'm willing to support the console through the online service. At $50 a yr that's $200. And I want to play HD-DVD movies because they teh pwn Blu Ray because they're teh cool. That requires a premium 360 at $400 and $200 for the player.

That's $800! What a friggin' steal, guys, I'm, like, psyched! Whee, whip, chim-chimminy, cha-roo! I love Microsoft!
Redfingers

Stopped reading right there, you cant throw a PS3. But i would have accepted...

Pissed on

Dodoed on

Given to charity
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
is this a sarcastic thread or real thread or dumb thread? cant tell. and being excited about the SUPERIOR hd-dvd's? i dont even know what to think, it blows my mind
l1mIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 l1mIt
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.bman784

:lol: teh electricity costs1!!!, i cant belive the excuses lemmings use

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
.....wow this wasn't funny at all. Maybe i would have found the 200 doller add on part funny if you actually needed an HD-dvd or blu-ray add on at this point but you don't, becuase neither are a good buy at this point. 
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bman784

[QUOTE="bman784"]Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.l1mIt

Showing that fanboys can't read more than one sentence.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]Oh really. Will that one come with free online and an internal HD-DVD drive? No? Damn.

Not everyone wants a HD-DVD drive. Free online is nice, but Live is well done for it low price.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
dont buy a xflop yet, M$ is going to milk you when the one with 120gig hdd comes out :lol:l1mIt
Wow cute. People are still using the term "xflop". :lol:
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
[QUOTE="l1mIt"]

[QUOTE="bman784"]Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.bman784

Showing that fanboys can't read more than one sentence.

LMAO! Ownage approved.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

[QUOTE="bman784"]Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.l1mIt

Did you even read the entire most? Jugding by your posts, you are unable to read more than one sentence.
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
I think I'm going to go play Gears of War (GOTY) on live with the three million other people that bought it, on my Xflop of course.
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
[QUOTE="l1mIt"]dont buy a xflop yet, M$ is going to milk you when the one with 120gig hdd comes out :lol:Baird-06
Wow cute. People are still using the term "xflop". :lol:

Yeah it's funny because Xbox 360 is doing better then the PS3 right now, so that must mean PS3 must be a huge flop beyond the flop of floppiings from flopity flap.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Redfingers
Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.bman784
I know, that's what initially drew me to the Xbox 360. Because it recognizes the obvious fact that long term investments and analyzing cumulative risk and rates of return are outdated and for upper-class goons. Exeunt Omnes! That's my favorite phrase too. I'm gonna fit in really good with you guys. PS3 electricity costs? Any idiot would know that the Xbox 360 requires 10x as much electric current as a Nintendo WIi! It's at least as amazing in sucking in fat as* bunches of energy. I agree with your statement "Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison" because it's 100% accurate and allows for a highly intelligent cost-effective decision that takes into account all facets of the decision making process and all risk factors involved! Not! Rationale is for sissies! High-five! EXEUNT OMNES!
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Redfingers
Well, the funny thing is, that online you pay for with Xbox Live! is far better than the PSN right now...

And I'm a cow, probably one of the more hardcore cows around here. But even I know that Live! is the better online experience...

As far as built-in HD-DVD. While I don't like attachments personally, it's nice having the choice...
TekkenMaster606
Totally! It's a $200 choice I'm willing to make! Exeunt Omnes, stupid Sony Fanboys! Correct-a-mundo Tekken Master. Any idiot knows that PS3 users should be willing to pay at least $50 a month for comparable online service and feature set! That makes a cumulative price of $800 across four years, making it comparable to the price an Xbox 360 user pays for similar features and services! Wait, what am I doing, making a rational conclusion based off mathematical conclusion and fact? I'm totally being a Sony Fanboy!

What do Sony Fanboys think, anyway, what you can play 40-player lag-free online matches for free? EXEUNT OMNES!
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"]Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.Redfingers
I know, that's what initially drew me to the Xbox 360. Because it recognizes the obvious fact that long term investments and analyzing cumulative risk and rates of return are outdated and for upper-class goons. Exeunt Omnes! That's my favorite phrase too. I'm gonna fit in really good with you guys. PS3 electricity costs? Any idiot would know that the Xbox 360 requires 10x as much electric current as a Nintendo WIi! It's at least as amazing in sucking in fat as* bunches of energy. I agree with your statement "Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison" because it's 100% accurate and allows for a highly intelligent cost-effective decision that takes into account all facets of the decision making process and all risk factors involved! Not! Rationale is for sissies! High-five! EXEUNT OMNES!

I'm sure that you think that being condescending means that you have a better argument, but it truly doesn't. I understand that you have to make long term decisions, but when you take compare a retail product with another product, except the other product has aged four years, you can't consider them equivalent. To do that you would have to factor in a number of other variable costs like games and peripherals among others, which just makes any comparison of that sort nonsensical. I'm sure you'll think that you're really witty when you come up with another condescending rebuttal, but keep that in mind please.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Redfingers
[QUOTE="Redfingers"][QUOTE="bman784"]Four years of electricity costs with the PS3 actually outweigh the costs of Xbox Live, even with factoring in the 360's power consumption. What I just made right there was a stupid argument. Quite similar to your sarcasm. I'd even say identical. Costs are analyzed by initial purchase conditions and feature comparison. Your can't say "LOL...four years down the road I'll be paying as much as the PS3...they're the exact same." As for comparing features, this is a gaming forum. Not a "pretty HD movies" forum, so when it comes to gaming, the 360 is a much better deal when it comes to price. Exeunt Omnes.bman784

I'm sure that you think that being condescending means that you have a better argument, but it truly doesn't. I understand that you have to make long term decisions, but when you take compare a retail product with another product, except the other product has aged four years, you can't consider them equivalent. To do that you would have to factor in a number of other variable costs like games and peripherals among others, which just makes any comparison of that sort nonsensical. I'm sure you'll think that you're really witty when you come up with another condescending rebuttal, but keep that in mind please.

Keeping that in mind would imply that I have a mind with the capacity to retain information, which I do not. I only have the ability to be shocked and amazed when I realize I have the ability to play videogames online on my shiny new $400 Xbox 360 and stupefied when I receive the bill annually, independently. I also have an inability to connect all of these costs like a rational human being and use arithmetic to realize that, cumulatively, all of these costs shafted me.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Redfingers
Wit doesn't necessarily correspond with a better argument, but it does make things a lot more fun.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bman784
[QUOTE="Redfingers"] Keeping that in mind would imply that I have a mind with the capacity to retain information, which I do not. I only have the ability to be shocked and amazed when I realize I have the ability to play videogames online on my shiny new $400 Xbox 360 and stupefied when I receive the bill annually, independently. I also have an inability to connect all of these costs like a rational human being and use arithmetic to realize that, cumulatively, all of these costs shafted me.

Once again, your patronization brings up the "unforseen cumulative costs" that make the Xbox 360 such a horrible deal in the long run. Tell me. Wouldn't "cumulative costs" be inclusive of all games and peripherals among other variable costs. Now wouldn't that be interesting. Lets add up all of the games and peripherals that EVERYBODY abosultely buys with no exceptions. Oh wait...we can't:(
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Redfingers
I can't do that. You're really testing my limited cognitive abilities right now. I warn you...when I get backed into a corner I throw a really absurd temper tantrum that could leave a modest impression on you for days. Cumulative costs is not necessarily inclusive of games and all peripherals...it is just cumulative when considering max value for a console. I.E. functionality that is inclusive in the PS3 package must be stacked up on the 360 side of the lever to balance them equivocally. My argument is that upon balancing either consoles equivocally on either end, the PS3 at least competes from a value perspective. The Xbox 360 supposedly has a better online presence, expanded library with some discounted games, etc. PS3 has HDMI outlet, at least moderately preferable online service in some aspects (delightfully lag free in certain games...), and Blu Ray storage format and BDVD playback as opposed to HD-DVD. Perhaps, therefore, the reason I included wit was to squeeze this concept under the radar without getting flamed immediately. You're still fighting me for it. Sorry, I guess.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bman784
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]I can't do that. You're really testing my limited cognitive abilities right now. I warn you...when I get backed into a corner I throw a really absurd temper tantrum that could leave a modest impression on you for days. Cumulative costs is not necessarily inclusive of games and all peripherals...it is just cumulative when considering max value for a console. I.E. functionality that is inclusive in the PS3 package must be stacked up on the 360 side of the lever to balance them equivocally. My argument is that upon balancing either consoles equivocally on either end, the PS3 at least competes from a value perspective. The Xbox 360 supposedly has a better online presence, expanded library with some discounted games, etc. PS3 has HDMI outlet, at least moderately preferable online service in some aspects (delightfully lag free in certain games...), and Blu Ray storage format and BDVD playback as opposed to HD-DVD. Perhaps, therefore, the reason I included wit was to squeeze this concept under the radar without getting flamed immediately. You're still fighting me for it. Sorry, I guess.

Indeed. I'm always prepared to argue a point, especially if there is a sarcastic overtone involved. That being said, I do see your point, as well as the intent to avoid immediate flaming as a result of providing a direct argument:) Point taken.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]The only garbage in this topic is referenced in my Playstation 3. What is your evaluation of my summation that getting a Godbox 360 would cost $800?

lol, this kid is crazy