I'm confused, which console ended up last in sales? X360 or PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Yea cows are taking last place same as usual, a hilarious combination of butthurt, anger and complete disregard of the truth.

last place same as usual? The first two consoles consoles were first and actually crushed the other consoles in sales.

obviously meaning this gen :|

On the wiiU is out this gen, how is that possible?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]last place same as usual? The first two consoles consoles were first and actually crushed the other consoles in sales.Heil68
obviously meaning this gen :|

tumblr_m8g0zo8mX41rqroec.gif

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

PS3. Cows are ignoring over a month of Xbox 360 sales prior to Sony's announcement. Also, the PS3 numbers include PS2 sales. For the cows in denial, look at their financial statements.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

PS3. Cows are ignoring over a month of Xbox 360 sales prior to Sony's announcement. Also, the PS3 numbers include PS2 sales. For the cows in denial, look at their financial statements.

brennanhuff
Lems are also ignoring half a month of PS3 shipped numbers. Sales =/= shipped numbers. And since the PS3 sells more worldwide it can be that it ships more in less time than the 360. So we need only official numbers the rest is sepculation. And according to official number they're tied.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

kuraimen
Lems are also ignoring half a month of PS3 shipped numbers. Sales =/= shipped numbers. And since the PS3 sells more worldwide it can be that it ships more in less time than the 360. So we need only official numbers the rest is sepculation. And according to official number they're tied.

actually the 360 would probably have shipped more ready for the release of Halo 4 and Black ops 2, both have Special edition SKU's which would have shipped a couple of weeks before they released, MS always channel stuffs during the Holiday period as well, if we where talking any other time of the year then i would be inclined to agree But it's the holiday season and MS always pushes agreesively this time of Year where as SONY tends to spread it out over the year, I wish MS would take a leaf out of there book, MS release all there exclusives for the year in the same time period, it sucks big time.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

delta3074

actually the 360 would probably have shipped more ready for the release of Halo 4 and Black ops 2, both have Special edition SKU's which would have shipped a couple of weeks before they released, MS always channel stuffs during the Holiday period as well, if we where talking any other time of the year then i would be inclined to agree But it's the holiday season and MS always pushes agreesively this time of Year where as SONY tends to spread it out over the year, I wish MS would take a leaf out of there book, MS release all there exclusives for the year in the same time period, it sucks big time.

But then again that's speculation. You're basing your idea on NPD numbers but those barely reflect what happens in the rest of the world. That's why relying on official numbers is the only logical thing.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 delta3074
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Lems are also ignoring half a month of PS3 shipped numbers. Sales =/= shipped numbers. And since the PS3 sells more worldwide it can be that it ships more in less time than the 360. So we need only official numbers the rest is sepculation. And according to official number they're tied.

But then again that's speculation. You're basing your idea on NPD numbers but those barely reflect what happens in the rest of the world. That's why relying on official numbers is the only logical thing.

it's not really speculation, everyone knows that the 360 sells more during the holiday period than it does the rest of the year, the Ps3 would have won in sales last year if it wasn't for the holiday period and wel all know MS is guilty of channel stuffing from Black Friday all the way to christmas, not that it metters to me, the way i see it they are tied at 70 million each at the moment, like you i will go with the official numbers.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]actually the 360 would probably have shipped more ready for the release of Halo 4 and Black ops 2, both have Special edition SKU's which would have shipped a couple of weeks before they released, MS always channel stuffs during the Holiday period as well, if we where talking any other time of the year then i would be inclined to agree But it's the holiday season and MS always pushes agreesively this time of Year where as SONY tends to spread it out over the year, I wish MS would take a leaf out of there book, MS release all there exclusives for the year in the same time period, it sucks big time.delta3074

it's not really speculation, everyone knows that the 360 sells more during the holiday period than it does the rest of the year, the Ps3 would have won in sales last year if it wasn't for the holiday period and wel all know MS is guilty of channel stuffing from Black Friday all the way to christmas, not that it metters to me, the way i see it they are tied at 70 million each at the moment, like you i will go with the official numbers.

Unless there's proof it's pure speculation. That the 360 sells more in the holiday is evident in NA but not in the rest of the world since we don't have those numbers...
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 delta3074
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] But then again that's speculation. You're basing your idea on NPD numbers but those barely reflect what happens in the rest of the world. That's why relying on official numbers is the only logical thing.

Unless there's proof it's pure speculation. That the 360 sells more in the holiday is evident in NA but not in the rest of the world since we don't have those numbers...

Halo 4 SKu's filled all of there preorders and i saw about 20 people walk out with one at the midnight sale, Not sure about the BLOPS 2 SKU's, i didn't go to the midnight launch for that, Hell, one guy even walked out with a gears 3 SKU that night, not sure what he was thinking personally,But yeah, i know quite a few people that will be buying a360 this year for christmas,even i will bwe buying a new 4GB kinect because the kids have been nagging me all year over Kinect Star wars,Kinect has been a huge hit with the young uns, i do know a few people who plan on purchasing a Ps3 but not the new Slim version, i get the feeling people prefer the older slim model, probably cos it's cheaper.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Like I said before this gen is ending in the perfect scenario. All consoles have sold a lot and there is no huge loser but the PS3 is last so Sony fanboys will be crushed and heartbroken. So consoles do great and Sony fanboys do bad and you can not get any better then that.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

I understand the Wii U is launching, but this generation is not over yet. If anything, you will simply have two generations overlapping each other until the PS4 and Xbox 720 arrive. During the mid 90's the fourth generation did not suddenly end because of the Saturn and Playstation 1. Nintendo and Sega still fought over market share for the 16-bit market, and both systems remained strong sellers until late 1996/early 1997. But during that time, yo had two generations overlapping. The Fourth Generation that had systems like the SNES and Genesis and the Fifth Generation that has the PS1 and Saturn. The Fifth Generation did not really take off until a few years after those systems debuted.

It's not over between the Xbox 360 and PS3 until both systems finally leave the market. Even after the PS4 and Xbox 720, if those two systems are still fighting it out, then the seventh generation is not over.

caryslan2

Truer words have never been spoken.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

brennanhuff
Ya ps3 came last place and cows try to spin it.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

The 360 came in last. The report that includes the PS2 says 70.2 or 70.6 Million.

The PS3 one says OVER 70Million.

The 360 got owned, SW has never seen such a grand ownage, DAYS from the Wii U launch, beating lems at their own game.

TLHBFR :lol:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The 360 came in last. The report that includes the PS2 says 70.2 or 70.6 Million.

The 360 got owned, SW has never seen such a grand ownage, DAYS from the Wii U launch, beating lems at their own game.

Eddie-Vedder

Please, God, link the 70.6 and "OVER 70million"... I'll wait.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Please, God, link the 70.6 and "OVER 70million"... I'll wait.

lol pretty sure by that time, the PS3 lead will be even bigger :lol: you made a lundy...
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 lundy86_4

lol pretty sure by that time, the PS3 lead will be even bigger :lol: you made a lundy...PinnacleGamingP

renotverybrightareyou.gif

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Neither

Gen isn't over.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]lol pretty sure by that time, the PS3 lead will be even bigger :lol: you made a lundy...lundy86_4

pretty sure posting under lundy doesnt make your alt stevo_the_gyamer seem like hes actually busy right now
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]lol pretty sure by that time, the PS3 lead will be even bigger :lol: you made a lundy...PinnacleGamingP

pretty sure posting under lundy doesnt make your alt stevo_the_gyamer seem like hes actually busy right now

Oh, sh*t. That's embarassing.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Oh, sh*t. That's embarassing.

:lol: you got me
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 lundy86_4

:lol: you got mePinnacleGamingP

Hold your breath... Keep going...

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]:lol: you got melundy86_4

Hold your breath... Keep going...

cmon guys, :lol: common sense ahahahahaha cmon guys his english sucks lmao hold your breath. LOL
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 lundy86_4

cmon guys, :lol: common sense ahahahahaha cmon guys his english sucks lmao hold your breath. LOLPinnacleGamingP

Man, I wish I could meet you face to face to see if you talk like this:

8474739.jpg?1309732852

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]cmon guys, :lol: common sense ahahahahaha cmon guys his english sucks lmao hold your breath. LOLlundy86_4

8474739.jpg?1309732852

Is it wrong that I laughed at the picture?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 lundy86_4

Is it wrong that I laughed at the picture?superclocked

Yes and no. Yes, because pinnacle is a complete idiot, and no because of obvious reasons...

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]cmon guys, :lol: common sense ahahahahaha cmon guys his english sucks lmao hold your breath. LOLlundy86_4

8474739.jpg?1309732852

stupid mutherfcker. im out. Dont hold your breath, Professor.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 lundy86_4

stupid mutherfcker. im out. Dont hold your breath, Professor.PinnacleGamingP

"mutherfcker"

Oh God, what? Do you mean "motherf*cker"? The asterisk is a "u", by the way.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Good lord, how many threads should there be until people satisfy?
John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]lemmings: "360 has 12 million lead" "360 has 10 million lead" "360 has 8 million lead!!!" "360 has 2 million lead LOL" "360 numbers are a week old!!!!" they sure are lemmings, except its Weak* :lol:

bit like your intelligence, Weak, why do you even bother? you never have anything useful to add to a discussion, you just run around spouting useless, baseless comments all day, 360 and Ps3 are tied in sales, deal with it.

360 was released a yr ago before PS3 and yet they are tied deal with it
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 delta3074
[QUOTE="John_Read"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]lemmings: "360 has 12 million lead" "360 has 10 million lead" "360 has 8 million lead!!!" "360 has 2 million lead LOL" "360 numbers are a week old!!!!" they sure are lemmings, except its Weak* :lol:

bit like your intelligence, Weak, why do you even bother? you never have anything useful to add to a discussion, you just run around spouting useless, baseless comments all day, 360 and Ps3 are tied in sales, deal with it.

360 was released a yr ago before PS3 and yet they are tied deal with it

i know they are tied, i am the one that started the thread saying they where tied, Numpty, doesn't change the Fact that Penilegaming spouts nonsense.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Well let me think , the 360 had a head start of one year against a system with no games and a price tag of 600$ , and now we're discussing thousands of units , yeah pretty sure the 360 is last.Not that it matters , both are great consoles.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#282 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Well let me think , the 360 had a head start of one year against a system with no games and a price tag of 600$ , and now we're discussing thousands of units , yeah pretty sure the 360 is last.Not that it matters , both are great consoles.

RoOodriGowW

Last is last, no matter how you try to spin it.

And the 360 is not last. :)

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more still
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 superclocked
if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more stillPressXtoJump
Nah, the broken 360's got replaced for free, and those numbers didn't get added to the sales figures. Users who got the YLOD on the other hand had to buy a new PS3...
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Don't know, nor do I care.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more stillsuperclocked
Nah, the broken 360's got replaced for free, and those numbers didn't get added to the sales figures. Users who got the YLOD on the other hand had to buy a new PS3...

proof the numbers didnt get added for replacement units?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more stillPressXtoJump

It's against the law.. lol...
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Nah, the broken 360's got replaced for free, and those numbers didn't get added to the sales figures. Users who got the YLOD on the other hand had to buy a new PS3...superclocked

proof microsoft will never get booked as a scandalous company? so stop talking outta your a$$
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 clone01
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] so stop talking outta your a$$

Oh, the irony.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] so stop talking outta your a$$ clone01
Oh, the irony.

if you were a legit poster, you wouldnt need to edit my post. strong tho, the nothing you bring to this site.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] obviously meaning this gen :|blue_hazy_basic

tumblr_m8g0zo8mX41rqroec.gif

hahahahaha
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] so stop talking outta your a$$ PressXtoJump
Oh, the irony.

if you were a legit poster, you wouldnt need to edit my post. strong tho, the nothing you bring to this site.

"the nothing you bring to this site." WTF does that even mean. And I didn't edit your post at all. Just took the second part of it. You're a fanboy troll who talks out of his a** all the time. Hence the irony. I'm sure even an idiot like yourself can understand the reference.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more stillsuperclocked

At the start of the gen the 360 only came with a 1 year warranty not the 3 years they now have to supply, there were plenty of re-sales because of those consoles breaking.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="clone01"] Oh, the irony.clone01

"the nothing you bring to this site." WTF does that even mean. And I didn't edit your post at all. Just took the second part of it. You're a fanboy troll who talks out of his a** all the time. Hence the irony. I'm sure even an idiot like yourself can understand the reference.

im kidding clone, relax :D
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#295 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

The_Game21x

There's no spin. The 360 had an extra year on the market and finds itself basically tied with PS3 right now. Give PS3 an extra year on the back end and see what happens...360 gets left in the dust.

Its basically a draw right now, but you have to realize that PS3 has outsold 360 during its lifetime despite all its launch issues.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] proof the numbers didnt get added for replacement units?PressXtoJump

proof microsoft will never get booked as a scandalous company? so stop talking outta your a$$

Because in their 10-K report to shareholders where they wrote off the money for the replacements, they noted the replacement consoles were not included in their 360 sales figures. Who's talking out of their a$$ now?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]if 360 didnt RROD this gen, xbox1 woulda sold more stillhoosier7

At the start of the gen the 360 only came with a 1 year warranty not the 3 years they now have to supply, there were plenty of re-sales because of those consoles breaking.

FIrst off, they extended the warranty for RRoD issues. Second, your argument doesn't hold up with the numbers.

In 2010, the 360 reached 50 million. If 57% of 360s were replaced, that actual user base would be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 23 million. However, there were 30 million 360 XBL gold members, so it is impossible.

So then, lets assumer 20% were re-buys. That would mean there would have been 40 million 360s out there. There are two issues with this scenario - 1) MS has always stated that XBL gold susbscriptions account for 60% of 360 owners. Math doesn't add up there. Even if you say "they are lying to cover that up," CoD black ops sold almost 14 million. So then, Black Ops would have had a staggering 35% attachment rate with 360 owners. That is well and above what the PS3 and Wii were able to achieve. Again, highly improbable since not even a Halo game got those numbers.

Where does that leave us? Rebuys of broken 360s represent a small number.

Nice try, though.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#298 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

-ArchAngeL-777-

There's no spin. The 360 had an extra year on the market and finds itself basically tied with PS3 right now. Give PS3 an extra year on the back end and see what happens...360 gets left in the dust.

Its basically a draw right now, but you have to realize that PS3 has outsold 360 during its lifetime despite all its launch issues.

Nice assumption.

No one can say what would've happened if the PS3 and 360 had launched at the same time. You can speculate all you like with the other Cows trying to pull victory out of this "tie" but the fact of the matter is, the 360 is not last. The PS3 tied numbers released by Microsoft about a month and a half ago and unless you think the 360 has shipped zero units in that time frame, there's no way of saying the PS3 is ahead.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 kuraimen

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

-ArchAngeL-777-

Exactly. But lems have a tendency to live in denial.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#300 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

Think they ended up about tied in games and about tied in sales, with the 360 having the slimest of leads. Cows and lems need to accept that after all their whining and squabbling this gen theres no difference between, they are both losers :P

superclocked
Yeah, the real winners are the gamers that don't limit themselves to a single platform for stupid political or, even worse, SW reasoning. Every platform is equally fun in it's own way IMO. The Wii did get boring the fastest, but it still has some nice exclusive games that made it a worthwhile purchase...

Exactly.