IGN: The Switch is a jack of many trades, but a master of none - 6.7 (Not Final)

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Raise your hands if you are buying this for the hardware

does zelda count as hardware?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

giving a console a score, especially at launch) is just about the stupidest click baity thing you can do

Indeed. No online, no eshop, no updated firmware to fix little problems. No virtual console. And unlike scoring a game one year from now the switch will a different beast altogether.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

The more I hear about this system, the more I'm convinced in my choice to wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

Raise your hands if you are buying this for the hardware

does zelda count as hardware?

Makes me ha-

Nah, too obvious

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Wait... did they say it is less powerful than current consoles????????? Pre-order canceled!!

Also lol at 6.7 arbitrary as fvk score

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Another failure from Nintendo? Who would've guessed.

I guess the same could be said for the Almighty http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/27/xbox-one-review-2014

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Meh.....pass.One more failure from nintendo...what a shame.

This is even worse than WiiU. I don't see any reason to waste money on this thing.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah... Very disappointied in the direction Nintendo is going. It just does not jive with what I'm looking for. I really want to play Zelda, but I really do not want this thing.....

I guess it's a good thing I was too late to pre-order it.

I will figure out a way to play Zelda eventually.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

"Jack of all trades, master of none is oftentimes better than master of one."

...says people that aren't good at shit.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Hmm maybe I'll buy a ps4 first, I wanted to wait for MK8D to release but I could go further and wait for Splatoon 2 to release

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Yeah... Very disappointied in the direction Nintendo is going. It just does not jive with what I'm looking for. I really want to play Zelda, but I really do not want this thing.....

You can play the new zelda game on the WiiU.....if you want.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@AtariKidX said:
@pyro1245 said:

You can play the new zelda game on the WiiU.....if you want.

yeah...... I sure could..... sad times indeed.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

The Switch is going to flop, the hype for this thing is hilariously small.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@koko-goal said:

The OS menu runs at 720p (TV mode) loool.

Os runs 480p (undocked) lmfao

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

This is the issue with all devices that try to be two or more things at the same time. Remember Windows 8 trying to be for tablet and desktop at the same time? I figured that would happen to Switch.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Hmmm doesn't bode well.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Non-existent pre-order cancelled

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 enzyme36

Gamespots review seems like its glowing... but that ish dont matter here it seems.

Get in the pile and air out those grievances!!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 no-scope-AK47

Zelda 900p 20fps yeah power don't matter smdh.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Like many of stated, a system lives and dies on its games. And so far nothing on switch interest me. Never been a huge fan of Nintendo games. I mean I love the older Star Fox and Mario Karts but lately Nintendo seems to have lost their magic with those series or at least sight of what made those games great. The lack of third party support and Nintendo's apparent lack of interest in pursuing third party for switch development indicate to me that switch is heading down the same path as the wii u.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

What I don't understand is the people who already own a WiiU rushing out to get a Switch to play Zelda. I mean you paid all that money for the WiiU and waited all that time, why not take advantage of the fact that you can play Zelda on your WiiU without having to drop another $300+ on a Switch? You know the difference between the two versions will be indiscernible at best. Then you can wait until the Switch Lite or whatever comes out.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

So I'll just sit and wait 4-5 years until it has 15 games I want and everybody begins to dump theirs almost new to get me a Switch, just like I did with the Wiieeww, meanwhile, I'm actually enjoying the Wiieeww.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

What I don't understand is the people who already own a WiiU rushing out to get a Switch to play Zelda. I mean you paid all that money for the WiiU and waited all that time, why not take advantage of the fact that you can play Zelda on your WiiU without having to drop another $300+ on a Switch? You know the difference between the two versions will be indiscernible at best. Then you can wait until the Switch Lite or whatever comes out.

If you bought a wii-u logical thinking isn't your strong point to start with.

These are nintendo core fans, they will support there company no matter what. I wouldn't aspect anything else from a wii-u owner to jump over to the switch.

These are also the people that pre-ordered the switch. Much like what happened with the wii-u and 3ds. they where actaully hard to get when it launched. Just to fall completely flat on sales straight after it. Because honestly there was nobody else interested.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bread_or_Decide

Lol at haters latching onto this one review and ignoring all the others. It's nice when others confirm your bias.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bread_or_Decide

@Pray_to_me said:

Can I play zelda outside on my Wii U?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bread_or_Decide

@enzyme36 said:

Gamespots review seems like its glowing... but that ish dont matter here it seems.

What's really funny is this is the only real overtly negative review. I've heard about a dozen today and all are on the level. Switch has a great gimmick and shows promise. Like all good hardware it's the future software that will be the final judge of the product. But they love whatever confirmed their initial bias. God forbid they think for themselves or watch other reviews.

For most things IGN is considered garbage...but not when they hate what you expected to hate I suppose.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Brutal review, I don't care I'm excited.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 enzyme36

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@enzyme36 said:

What's really funny is this is the only real overtly negative review. I've heard about a dozen today and all are on the level. Switch has a great gimmick and shows promise. Like all good hardware it's the future software that will be the final judge of the product. But they love whatever confirmed their initial bias. God forbid they think for themselves or watch other reviews.

For most things IGN is considered garbage...but not when they hate what you expected to hate I suppose.

Ehhh I guess we got to give em a break... this is the first anti-Switch thread they seen in a while. Most of these posters have been argued out of the hype threads. This gives them a place to vent.

Look near the bottom of the list for the Zelda hype thread... these people NEED this thread.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@enzyme36 said:

The NS has major issues but if others don't address them I would have to ask myself why??

Obviously the overly positive reviews are being influenced by Nintendo. Where there is smoke there is fire think for yourself.

IGN is NOT lying the info has been vetted by multiple souces. Keep the rose tinted glasses on.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@raugutcon said:

So I'll just sit and wait 4-5 years until it has 15 games I want and everybody begins to dump theirs almost new to get me a Switch, just like I did with the Wiieeww, meanwhile, I'm actually enjoying the Wiieeww.

did you stroke out typing that?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bread_or_Decide

@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@enzyme36 said:

The NS has major issues but if others don't address them I would have to ask myself why??

Obviously the overly positive reviews are being influenced by Nintendo. Where there is smoke there is fire think for yourself.

IGN is NOT lying the info has been vetted by multiple souces. Keep the rose tinted glasses on.

You're the last person I would trust for an interpretive response to these reviews.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Sounds disappointing. The reviewer echos all the concerns and worries I had about the Switch from its reveal.

I'm sure people that want one will definitely get one at launch. For the rest of us though Nintendo has left us scratching our heads.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 enzyme36

@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@enzyme36 said:

I'll keep my optimistic perspective.... and you keep your conspiracy theories. And we can carry-on accordingly.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bread_or_Decide

@enzyme36 said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@enzyme36 said:

I'll keep my optimistic perspective.... and you keep your conspiracy theories. And we can carry-on accordingly.

He's saying the outlier is the only real one and the rest are paid off by Nintendo. CUCKOO CUCKOO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#85 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I just realized there's a sticky. Keep it there please