IGN: "The PS4 is a big failure as far as multimedia"

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -
#2 Edited by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

xbox one sucks

#3 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Lems are giving their offerings to IGN now, lol.

#4 Posted by Animal-Mother (26212 posts) -

I didn't buy the PS4 as a multimedia machine..... Nor am I buying the Xbox One for it either.

#5 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

xbox one sucks

Xbox One is the best next gen console.

#6 Edited by navyguy21 (12693 posts) -

Not a huge deal. 99% of media features are software based. This could be fixed with a firmware update.

.......next

#7 Edited by bayboydray (50 posts) -

PS4 cant play mp3s or cds? hahaha next gen my ass...all ive done with mine so far is beat boring ass Killzone...very excited for xbox one...

#8 Edited by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

So it's the Xbox1 Vs a PC.... and a PC is cheaper than an X1.. and i'm pretty sure most people have one laying around.

IGN has sank to a new low.. not only do they give away free scores they now kiss ass to sponsors.

#9 Posted by PSP107 (11592 posts) -

Clearly Sony is pushing their own apps. lol at Music/Video Unlimited

#10 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -
#11 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

So it's the Xbox1 Vs a PC.... and a PC is cheaper than an X1.. and i'm pretty sure most people have one laying around.

IGN has sank to a new low.. not only do they give away free scores they now kiss ass to sponsors.

Love that butthurt damage control!

#12 Edited by GunSmith1_basic (9720 posts) -

consoles should not try to be a hot new item through social media capabilities or multimedia.

#13 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Watched the video he is saying he is upset because there is no MP3 support and his PS4 didn't recognize his USB flash .

Good try TC.

#14 Posted by WiiMan21 (8147 posts) -

You can make the PS4 recognize USB flash drives by formatting it to FAT32.

#15 Posted by lawlessx (46255 posts) -

PS4 can't read AVI? seriously sony? why not?

#16 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
#17 Posted by Gue1 (9151 posts) -

good thing I don't give fucks about that. PS4's more powerful, will end up having the most exclusives, it's cheaper, smaller and that's all I care about.

#18 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Gue1: you got the cheap part right. More and more consoles are breaking. I guess you get what you pay for?

#19 Posted by Shewgenja (7946 posts) -

No thanks, my TV remote works just fine.

#20 Posted by DilfersDimes (59 posts) -

Except he didnt say that in the video. And PS4 has plenty of multi-media features with more coming.

#21 Posted by Heil68 (42675 posts) -

I really enjoy my ps4 cause its straight to gaming and it's the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

#22 Posted by Chutebox (36210 posts) -

Sony has said over and over it's a gaming machine. Why act surprised or even judge it as a multimedia machine? PS4 is pretty damn awesome. love it!

#23 Edited by danjammer69 (4100 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@Gue1: you got the cheap part right. More and more consoles are breaking. I guess you get what you pay for?

OMG, it is people like you that make me excited for the incoming news about Xbox Ones malfunctioning.

And it is sad that I am excited for that. Because I do not wish ill-will on your average Xbox gamer. Just people like you.

But god damn, you act like MS is immune to hardware issues. You better hope and pray that the Xbone has a lower failure rate than the PS4. Because if it doesn't, you morons are going to get railed in the pooper come this weekend.

Expect no mercy.

#24 Edited by blackace (19745 posts) -
@Jankarcop said:

xbox one sucks

The PS4 is broken. lol!!

11/22/2013 - Jump ahead.

Don't wait until Feb to get your refurbished PS4 back. lol!!

*****************************************************************************************************

@Joedgabe said:

Last i checked the PC wasn't a game console. lol!! It's PC -vs- Steambox. That's the PC's competition really. The Steambox CAN BE UPGRADED.

#25 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -
#26 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

TC you have an interesting way to frame a statement by choosing one thing they said and completely ignoring the rest of the video in which they were praising the living daylights out of the console. LOL

#27 Posted by Basinboy (10929 posts) -

PS4 is a bit rough around the edges. But with a few good patches and a strong release schedule, it'll be a competitive device for the living room space outside of games.

#28 Edited by silversix_ (13628 posts) -

What is the PC you're currently on serve for? Consoles are for games, multimedia shits is just a plus

#29 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Chutebox: what? Do you honestly believe they don't care about multimedia?

That whole "We just want to build a gaming machine" is damage control BS.

They know they can't compete with MS, but there trying. If they didn't care about that, they wouldn't be adding Vita TV, PlayStation Eye ect. Why have apps to Facebook and Netflix and other media features? Why have a movie store and music store? Do you honestly believe they are not trying to be multimedia? They are trying as much as anyone, but failing.

#30 Posted by Syn_Valence (1328 posts) -

Lemming r mad...dat million

#31 Posted by M8ingSeezun (1953 posts) -

Not a big deal to me. I watch TV mainly Netflix and Hulu and BR movies on my PS3 as well as play games. Kinda redundant to have cable and X1. I have no interest in that console whatsoever, unless they ditch the Kinect. There's likely a firmware patch to settle the CD/MP3/3D Bluray playback in the future, so I'm not going apesh!t about it.

PS4 is a gaming centric device and I'm all for it.

#32 Posted by aroxx_ab (9141 posts) -

That is fine, when i buy a Ps4 i want just a gaming machine

#33 Edited by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

You watched that entire video and THATS! all you got out of it?

That same guy you quoted said later in the vid "I got to say, 1080p, is kinda a thing"

XD

#34 Posted by getyeryayasout (6901 posts) -

Probably the thing I like best about the PS4 is that it's being advertised and positioned as a games-first device.

#35 Posted by hippiesanta (9733 posts) -

I got my PC for multimedia...... why bother

#36 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Love that butthurt damage control!

Explain to me how in any way ? Every time i read that "love that butthurt" comment i can't help but to feel people are actually being serious. People like that shouldn't even be given a toy car, might be too much responsibility to handle.

#37 Posted by KungfuKitten (20668 posts) -

It also has no microwave. Oh noes.

#38 Posted by Netret0120 (1902 posts) -

I bought my PS3 primarily to play games. It is convenient that i can listen to music and watch movies from it too but i don't use those features nearly as much as i play on it.

PS4 is a GAMING console. In time the multimedia features will come but I have a DVD player with a USB port if i wanna play music or videos and i am sure most people here have Laptops, Dvd players, cellphones.

Try harder lemming

#39 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -
#40 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

@bayboydray:

PS4 cant play mp3s or cds? hahaha next gen my ass...all ive done with mine so far is beat boring ass Killzone...very excited for xbox one...

Yep its got many stupid problems such as that, Xbox One offers so much more!

#41 Posted by KingJuggaNott (78 posts) -

I plan on getting both eventually. Xbox One at launch though. It's not a problem that "Gamers" are only thinking like "Gamers" when they say "I only want a gaming console". That's fine, I'm just old enough to remember when Phones were only used for making calls. In 2013 it's just my opinion that the console that provides the most functions is my preference. Will I get a PS4? Of course, I love games on both consoles. Just my opinion on the matter.

#42 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2141 posts) -

Good.I want a gaming console not a multimedia machine.

#43 Posted by airshocker (28290 posts) -

If I wanted a media box I'd have bought an Xbox One. The PS4 can access Netflix without having to pay for PS+, and it can play blu-rays/DVDs. What other media do I need it to play?

Xbox fanboys are pathetic.

#44 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

PS4 - It only does Indie Games

#45 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38165 posts) -

Both consoles kind of suck right now overall

#46 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

Good.I want a gaming console not a multimedia machine.

my thoughts too. as long as it has Netflix and Blu-ray, what else do you even need? seriously?

oh, and btw, Xbox cable TV is useless in my county. i have cable by standard. they are marketing it here so that you just don't need to change a channel anymore. lol.

#47 Edited by handssss (1640 posts) -

I got my PC for multimedia...... why bother

why use a PC for multimedia when you can buy a console that can do the same thing for your TV? (provided you subscribe to their membership program first)

#48 Edited by TheEroica (13035 posts) -

I rather like the vibe the ps4 gives out, feature wise... You can tell it's been built as a gaming machine first and foremost... And honestly, as long as it has netflix hulu and prime, I'm good. The rest of the free apps I'll pick along the way... I'm also sorta hoping the cable model crashes this gen anyway...

#49 Posted by kuu2 (6805 posts) -

Sony Fan has gone from this........

To This...........

Sony Fan are the clowns of SW. This gen they only want a game machine..........riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Whatever Sony feeds you Sony Fan.

-Rumble last gen

-Exclusives only matter

-Arcade games aren't real games

-We don't need MP3s

#50 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

Not a huge deal. 99% of media features are software based. This could be fixed with a firmware update.

.......next

This.....also the only i care on the PS4 is the better games.