ign reviews warZ 1/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/blogs/s3bass/2012/12/27/the-war-z-some-things-should-stay-dead-game-review

1.5 out of 10lol hahaha WOW it beat big rigs

#2 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
I'm surprised they reviewed.
#3 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
I'm surprised they reviewed.tagyhag
ME TO. I wounder if the dev gave the them a copy in hope ign give them some media... lol
#4 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6870 posts) -
Not much else to do.
#5 Posted by mems_1224 (48577 posts) -
thats a reader review. is ign that lazy?
#6 Posted by TheFatPerson (1804 posts) -

I can only wonder what the hell that Titov guy was thinking, trying his luck after his involvement in BIG RIGS.

Seriously. It's pretty damn clear that he's meant for other things.

#7 Posted by super600 (31114 posts) -

IGN did not review this game, but I would not be shocked if the game got a similar score from an ign reviewer.The game will be reviewed by an ign reviewer after the holidays

#8 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9890 posts) -
if the dev wants to pretend that its ready for full release (even though its not), then they should have it reviewed now and be labelled with the stigma forever.
#9 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3255 posts) -
GOTY
#10 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I didn't see this on IGN.

#11 Posted by Youropinion (60 posts) -
Stupid console fanboys
#12 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

It reviewed by a reader actually.

#13 Posted by lightleggy (16087 posts) -
wonder what thee loudmouth devs would say about this lol
#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

wonder what thee loudmouth devs would say about this lollightleggy

Actually, Titov went ahead and finally made a real apology recently, then went ahead and admitted he was being a bit arrogant.

It was still too late and still too modest an apology for the crap that company is pulling, but I think they're starting to learn not to screw themselves over with their PR. Sort of.

#15 Posted by Vaasman (11809 posts) -

This is a review that just so happens to be on IGN. It is not IGN's review.

#16 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

thats a reader review. is ign that lazy?mems_1224

Everyone already hates their reviews, anyways. Wouldn't make a difference.

#17 Posted by GarGx1 (3383 posts) -

Perhaps it's IGN's indirect way of putting people off the game, which, from everything I've seen and heard, is a very good thing to do.

#18 Posted by finalstar2007 (25994 posts) -

Da fuq is warZ?

#19 Posted by Tessellation (8844 posts) -
IGNorants once again..i bet if this was a ps3 game they could give it an 9
#20 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

IGNorants once again..i bet if this was a ps3 game they could give it an 9Tessellation
With the low standard of PS3 games, you hit that nail right on the head....

#21 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
lol @ people saying that this a bias review in the comments.
#22 Posted by Vatusus (5205 posts) -

meh

it feels like the reviewer is just going with the hating flow this game and its creator are getting latelly. I never played the game myself but from the footage is far from a 1.5 game

#23 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -
It´s a user review lol.
#24 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3189 posts) -

This is why you don't make PC exclusives.

#25 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -
That's a reader review.
#26 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26886 posts) -

its some ign users blog dude.

#27 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
IGN would have given the game that score anyway.
#28 Posted by osirisx3 (2030 posts) -

is war z the bigest pc flop this year?

#29 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

L4D2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WarZ

#30 Posted by osirisx3 (2030 posts) -

faizan_faizan

any zombie game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>l4d

#31 Posted by hippiesanta (9992 posts) -
pc game sucks
#32 Posted by MW2ismygame (2183 posts) -

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

osirisx3

any zombie game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>l4d

Both very true statements.
pc game suckshippiesanta
So do your opinions.
#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (44335 posts) -

pc game suckshippiesanta

Yes, this PC game does suck.

#34 Posted by MW2ismygame (2183 posts) -

meh

it feels like the reviewer is just going with the hating flow this game and its creator are getting latelly. I never played the game myself but from the footage is far from a 1.5 game

Vatusus
This game Is one of very few that deserves every bit of hate that it gets without exception. And you are correct in saying its far from a 1.5, it should have been in the negatives.
#35 Posted by DraugenCP (8479 posts) -

IGN trying to be hip and jump on the bandwagon. Such an easy target, journalistic integrity seems absent.

#36 Posted by lundy86_4 (44335 posts) -

IGN trying to be hip and jump on the bandwagon. Such an easy target, journalistic integrity seems absent.

DraugenCP

It's a user review. I doubt they're gonna devote employee hours to reviewing a pile of sh*t :P

#37 Posted by heretrix (37525 posts) -

Jeez. Why would you review such an obviously broken game?

God. They are such attention whores.

#38 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Thank you OP for not fact checking, thank God this forum isn't a base for journalistic integrity.

It's a reader review everyone, it's been said multiple times.

#39 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Even though it is a reader opinion, I'm sure any reviewer would give a score of 2 or less to this crappy game.
#40 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -

meh

Vatusus

Maybe this video would change your mind.

The game is crap.

#41 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -

thats a reader review. is ign that lazy?mems_1224

Reportedly they didn't have time to put out a review before they closed for the year.

Only Gamespy has a review out so far. We should start seeing more pop up this week.

Actually, Titov went ahead and finally made a real apology recently, then went ahead and admitted he was being a bit arrogant.

It was still too late and still too modest an apology for the crap that company is pulling, but I think they're starting to learn not to screw themselves over with their PR. Sort of.

SPYDER0416

"Real"? "Apology"? Let's not get crazy here. It's Sergey Titov letting a PR guy who knows English spruce up his words in an attempt to do damage control and convince people to continue giving him money.

#42 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -

heretrix

I don't comprehend what it is you're talking about.

Gaming press should publish reviews of games based on the state the games are in at the time it is purported to be ready for release, sold for money, put on the market, version 1.0, review code sent out. Right?

But you're saying if a game happens to be buggy and unfinished, then they should not publish the review and inform people of this, because if they do, they're attention whores?

#43 Posted by sSubZerOo (44160 posts) -
The game could be amazing, and I still wouldn't play it simply due to how big of pricks the devs are.
#44 Posted by heretrix (37525 posts) -

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

McStrongfast

I don't comprehend what it is you're talking about.

Gaming press should publish reviews of games based on the state the games are in at the time it is purported to be ready for release, sold for money, put on the market, version 1.0, review code sent out. Right?

But you're saying if a game happens to be buggy and unfinished, then they should not publish the review and inform people of this, because if they do, they're attention whores?

No, I'm saying that after all of the negative publicity this game has gotten because it is unfinished, buggy and yanked off of Steam, reviewing it is beating a burning multilated horse. Anyone that would read a "review" from IGN would already know how f*cked up it is. A review really isn't needed.

Also didn't really read the TC so I didn't know IGN didn't write the review, so...ah, hell, they still are attention whores anyway.

#45 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18418 posts) -
After the disaster that Big Rigs was I'm amazed the guy didn't find a new career.. maybe now after War Z he will since he obviously can't make good games.
#46 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -
Weren't there rumors that Big Rigs may have been made using Russian slave labor?
#47 Posted by GarGx1 (3383 posts) -

Titov is clearly a con man, he should be jailed for fraud. He and his company are scamming people out of money, with unfinished products, absolutely dire business practices and false advertisement. I am glad I've never given him or his company a penny of my hard earned cash.

#48 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -

No, I'm saying that after all of the negative publicity this game has gotten because it is unfinished, buggy and yanked off of Steam, reviewing it is beating a burning multilated horse. Anyone that would read a "review" from IGN would already know how f*cked up it is. A review really isn't needed.

Also didn't really read the TC so I didn't know IGN didn't write the review, so...ah, hell, they still are attention whores anyway.

heretrix

There are people who don't know. Not reviewing it would be doing Hammerpoint a favor they don't deserve. The horse should be beaten until it is vaporized and blown out to sea. Attention horse.

#49 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Too high imo