IGN Reviews GoW: Judgement - "Exactly what Gears of War Needed"

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Squall18 (3751 posts) -

9.2/10

Not bad at all.  Seems the Bulletstorm team did a superb job :)  My wallet is hurting this month :(

#2 Posted by Chutebox (36457 posts) -

Obviously fake since IGN are Sony fanboys.

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -
Meh, I might rent it some day for the campaign but the multiplayer doesnt interest me at all so that keeps me from buying it.
#4 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

Sitting at 79 on metacritic. Seems like a solid addition to the series.

#5 Posted by Ackad (3150 posts) -
In before 9GN
#6 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Chutebox

I think most people who discredit IGN point to specific reviewers, and not the site as a whole.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -

Chutebox
lulz, i wish greg miller or collin would have reviewed god of war. it probably would have gotten a 10
#8 Posted by Karpetburnz (544 posts) -

currently has a 79 on Metacritic, but I think It will Increase a little.

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

What happened to IGN being Sony fanboys :lol: ?

#10 Posted by Speedzilla (1756 posts) -

:lol:

#11 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Speedzilla
:lol: Strongbutthurt am cry
#12 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

Speedzilla

wonder what Strongdeadlift thinks of this

#13 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Sony and Microsoft are saving God of War 4 and Gears of War 4 for next gen.

Hence the prequels.

Should be a good rental though.

#14 Posted by GrannyGoat (1192 posts) -

Wow only 9 comments in and cows are already pressed flatter than a pancake. The amount of butt hurt in this thread is at dangerous levels. 

#15 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

amazing. looks like judgement just replaced halo 4 as the new console graphics king. :shock:

#16 Posted by Minishdriveby (9633 posts) -
BulletStorm was an extremely fun game, so I had faith in the PeopleCanFly team; however, I'm a little burnt out on Gears, and I haven't even played 3 yet.
#17 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

Speedzilla

Lol

#18 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
I am going to pick it up for that new mode inspired by MOBA and DOTA
#19 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I have read most of the reviews. I think we all knew it was gonna be more of the same and that seems to be what it is. Even though they like the single player more than the 2nd and 3rd, it just feels like more of the same in the long run. Same thing happened with New Mario on the Wii and God Of War. It will end up in the low 80's it looks like evn though it is a better game than the last one.
But at least the campaign is a nice 10 hours long (according to IGN anyways). If Gamespot gives it a 7 or a 9, it is still Gears. So that is a good thing.

#20 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Speedzilla
It is an 80 now.
#21 Posted by Minishdriveby (9633 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

mems_1224

lulz, i wish greg miller or collin would have reviewed god of war. it probably would have gotten a 10

:lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. 'When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks.'

#22 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

timbers_WSU
It is an 80 now.

I think they are doing what strongdeadlift did even after the score changed. I don't think they realize that strongdeadlift is a troll.
#23 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Minishdriveby

:lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. "When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks."

Was that from Greg? LOL!
#24 Posted by Minishdriveby (9633 posts) -
[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] lulz, i wish greg miller or collin would have reviewed god of war. it probably would have gotten a 10

:lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. "When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks."

Was that from Greg? LOL!

That was from his Uncharted 3 review. I changed a few key words to turn it into his God of War review.
#25 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11524 posts) -

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

NEWMAHAY

It is an 80 now.

I think they are doing what strongdeadlift did even after the score changed. I don't think they realize that strongdeadlift is a troll.

Still it's pretty funny :D

#26 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
obviously pc biased
#27 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5593 posts) -

I'll eventually get this game. I love Gears

#28 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6417 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] :lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. "When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks."

Was that from Greg? LOL!

That was from his Uncharted 3 review. I changed a few key words to turn it into his God of War review.

Thats hilarious. I like U3 but not that much lol
#29 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -
I don't take them serious, IGN. I prefer the revieuws of Gametrailers.
#30 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] :lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. "When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks."

Was that from Greg? LOL!

oh lol! still hilarious, can be worked into anything haha.
#31 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
Damn.
#32 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

heeweesRus

wonder what Strongdeadlift thinks of this

Butts were hurt in the making of that sig. trololo cry smore lems :lol:

#33 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Minishdriveby

:lol: It would have gotten an 11/10. 'When I rant about why GoW: Ascension is better than just about anything on the market -- about why I think it's my new favorite game of all time -- I don't talk about the fights, the new ability to throw weapons back at enemies or collecting the game's well-hidden treasures. I talk about the heart-wrenching section where Kratos is by himself and completely lost. He's on his last legs, he's desperate, and I'm right there with him. I'm pushing him through the journey at hand and it's clear that it's a game, but as he stumbles, seeks shelter and loses hope, my heart breaks.'

Its embarrassing for everyone that Greg Miller allowed to review games for a major website. Good lord. :lol:
#34 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

BulletStorm was an extremely fun game, so I had faith in the PeopleCanFly team; however, I'm a little burnt out on Gears, and I haven't even played 3 yet.Minishdriveby

Uh....Painkiller?

#35 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

NEWMAHAY
It is an 80 now.

Almost everyone realizes he's a troll. They are just mocking him for how bad his trolling is.
#36 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."
#37 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -
[QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."

and it still scored better than god of war :lol:
#38 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Gamespot's pre-review looks good. He is probably giving it an 8.5 or 9. Actually if it gets below an 8 the review will count. If not the Cows will rely on the Meta-critic score. I think that is how it works these days.

#39 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."

You sound butthurt its IGN and not GS and 79 on MC :lol:
#40 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]BulletStorm was an extremely fun game, so I had faith in the PeopleCanFly team; however, I'm a little burnt out on Gears, and I haven't even played 3 yet.Goyoshi12

Uh....Painkiller?

Speaking of Painkiller the new one stinks. Don't waste the time. It is no where near the original in quality.
#41 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

[QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."mems_1224

This is what I'm here for, shower me in delicious lemming tears!!!

yes!! yes!! yes!!!

010913-shows-real-husbands-hollywood-OLI

boshshower_medium.gif

#42 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -
[QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."

Yet you came into the thread to derail it. So your butthurt is showing a little bit more.
#43 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]BulletStorm was an extremely fun game, so I had faith in the PeopleCanFly team; however, I'm a little burnt out on Gears, and I haven't even played 3 yet.timbers_WSU

Uh....Painkiller?

Speaking of Painkiller the new one stinks. Don't waste the time. It is no where near the original in quality.

....good to know....

#44 Posted by Wickerman777 (1134 posts) -

A lot of critics are slamming it with scores in the 60s and 70s. C'mon, it's undoubtedly better than that. But there's a lot of people out there of the opinion that if you release so many installments of a game in a given time period then they absolutely must score the newer ones lower even if they are better than the older ones they loved. Usually goes something like this for games in a given great franchise: 95, then 90, then 85, then 75, etc. And most of the time the one that got 75 will be just as good if not better than the ones that got 95 or 90. Seems the only way to avoid this treatment is to put an enormous amount of time between your installments, like perhaps the way Valve does it with Half Life. In situations like that you might be permitted to get a 95 or so for every game in the series. Yeah, that'll drive fans of the franchise nuts waiting for it but at least you won't get screwed by the critics. If something is good it's good. This crap that says that something that was good isn't anymore after just two years or so is nonsense. And don't give me this silliness about "It's too much like the last one therefor I must deduct 10-20 percentage points from the score despite it being fun." If something ain't broke it don't need fixing.

#45 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] and it still scored better than god of war :lol:

Yet you came into the thread to derail it. So your butthurt is showing a little bit more.

You gonna be OK there or you need a tissue?
#46 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

I will make over 100 videos (youtube) of GOW:J starting next week. I love Gears of War but hate Baird..but maybe I will like him after this game.

#47 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -
[QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"]Straight from the IGN Review. How many gears releases will it take to fix these problems? " Judgment is the fourth Gears of War game in a row to personify its villain poorly. " " Also, the A.I. allies, while fine combatants, tend to forget about human-controlled characters. Teammates are as likely to revive your down-but-not-out self as they are to watch you bleed out. It's nothing new to Gears, certainly, and that makes their occasional incompetence even more irritating."

Butthurt over a game i dont care about? makes sense.
#48 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MstaPrimeMnista"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] and it still scored better than god of war :lol:

Butthurt over a game i dont care about? makes sense.

Look like 360 finally got you immune to game
#49 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Speedzilla
lolz
#50 Posted by shadiezz2012 (2567 posts) -
i don't know why every one fighting here both have the same metascore god of war A add alot of good changes plus awesome MP and by far have the best gfx on consoles every review plus DF agree gears J may have the best gameplay in Gears games ...(didn't play it yet though ) plus awesome MP for sure and it's look great since now i own xbox360 again i win i get to play both and enjoy both just enjoy the games ,guys