IGN Ranks The Assassin's Creed Games

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by starjet905 (1936 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
  1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  4. Assassin's Creed III
  5. Assassin's Creed
  6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

SOURCE

They actually got it completely right (although at least right now, I think II and IV are on an even footing, with IV having the better open world). Black Flag is a return to form for the series, let's hope Ubisoft doesn't screw it up again.

I don't agree with Revelations being at the bottom at all. The biggest complaint with Revelations was that it had nothing new compared to Brotherhood. But all the same, it had one of the most beautiful cities ever in AC, and the gameplay was no different to that of Brotherhood. While it was a disappointment, it was in no way worse than the snorefest that was the first AC.

#52 Posted by TheEroica (13720 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@TheEroica said:

@charizard1605: Downloaded Windows 8.1

Disappoint...

It's not that bad. D:<

I wish that were so... :( the update corrupted my HD drivers rendering the computer useless... unable to refresh, revert or reboot... couldn't even get it to safe mode. I rolled the dice downloading it, given a few friends recommended it... I should've waited for it to be a little more stable I suppose.

As for Windows 8... I'm no techy and what it provides is really nice for me. I think it has a nice flow to it. I can't say I have a negative feeling about it other than it's a little unstable.

#53 Posted by chocolate1325 (32539 posts) -

I think Assassins Creed should be bottom but I think Assassins Creed 2 at the moment beats 4 from what I played so far but at the moment 4 is getting the series back in the right direction.

#54 Edited by Jagged3dge (3895 posts) -

I skipped Revelations and haven't played Black Flag because of my disappointment with 3

I order the games as:

1. AC 2

2. AC 1

3. AC: Brotherhood

4. AC: 3

#55 Posted by airshocker (29926 posts) -

I would agree.

#56 Edited by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

I originally wasnt too excited about AC4 as I didnt like the direction the series was taking, but after hearing all the positive feedback I'm seriously tempted to buy it! I agree that 2 was the best one I've played, and that Revelations was the worst, so I think IGN probably have the order about right.

#57 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

Please tell me that there are Assassin tombs in Black Flag.

#58 Posted by Fizzman (9882 posts) -

Revelations last? Da fuq? It's easily better than AC3 and the original. AC3 was complete garbage. It was like a drug designed to cure insomnia.

#59 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5071 posts) -

hahaha i wonder how much ign got paid for this.

#60 Posted by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

i don't see the hype with these games I played 1 and 2 and I found it too be very boring and tedious. You kill someone run away then hide in some hay

#61 Posted by Negro-y-Azul (79 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3 was a broken mess, it's clearly last.

Revelations was a total rehash and tower defense was bad, but at least it wasn't broken.

#62 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13701 posts) -

Why is the 2nd game rated so low ? It was pretty freakin good, redundant mission structure and all.

#63 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13701 posts) -

damnit ! I mean, why is the 1st game ranked so low ?

#64 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

I disagree with their placing of ACIII. I've always thought it was a triumph.

#65 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Why is the 2nd game rated so low ? It was pretty freakin good, redundant mission structure and all.

All of the games have been pretty good. If anything, the first game is rated too high, imo.