IGN on The Order 1886: "Generic, Laggy, and poorly made"

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

Holy shit :D

"Bu bu it'z not compwete yet "

Lol @ Cows thinking anything will change. And I will bump this thread when it's a lag fest upon release just to own the cows that will inevitably say that.

#2 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

How about the 10's of previews that do nothing but praise the game?

#3 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=770984

Here's a link OP to a bunch of different previews. Consider yourself educated.

#4 Edited by dommeus (9376 posts) -

Are there any gameplay videos that don't have talking over them? I can't find any

#5 Edited by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

Thats disappointing to read, but those are issues that can be fixed.

#8 Edited by ghostz (8309 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@ghostz: So basically you realized you have no response after picking one bad preview out of the whole internet. Congrats on going full retard.

Yes, I'm sure IGN just made this up.

Listen up kid, the game is trash. You got duped by Sony AGAIN. Remember Killzone? Remember Knack? Remember Little Big Kart Racing? Remember Sony Battle Royale? LMAO. Falling for Sony hype. PS4 had the worst launch in video game history. LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Bu bu Sonyfanboyheaven.com said it haz 100000 framez per sekond n it runz so wells ;(

Owned HAHAHAHA

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (47271 posts) -

lol its 30fps too

#10 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

Golly, what am I going to do??!!?!

I know!!!!!

Day fucking 1, AWWWWWW YEAHHHHH

#11 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

@ghostz: Once again, http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=770984

Bad troll.

#13 Edited by locus-solus (531 posts) -

@dommeus said:

Are there any gameplay videos that don't have talking over them? I can't find any

i haven't seen any gameplay either

#14 Posted by finalstar2007 (25300 posts) -

So IGN matters now am i right lems? LOL

The game is probably still in alpha mode and still has a lot of dev time till its finished.

#15 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Lem jelly is causing people like OP to selfown. He picks one bad preview out of the whole internet and uses it to bash a game while ignoring the tons of positive previews it has. Yep OP is butthurt.

#16 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Cows hoping for a great Gears type game LMFAO Classic keep waiting for greatness

#17 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Lem jelly is causing people like OP to selfown. He picks one bad preview out of the whole internet and uses it to bash a game while ignoring the tons of positive previews it has. Yep OP is butthurt.

So IGN made up a bad framerate? LOL!

#18 Posted by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

lmao is this what happens when the PS4 is beating the Xbone's ass in sales? 5.3 million sold. suck it.

#19 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@ghostz: keep crying. Let it all out...

#20 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

@Bren128 said:

lmao is this what happens when the PS4 is beating the Xbone's ass in sales? 5.3 million sold. suck it.

XBone sucks ass too. I'm not defending that trash. At least it has an AAAE though. PS4 has literally ...NOTHING. No games. Nothing upcoming. LOL has it been a good dust collector for you, though?

#21 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42980 posts) -

First off, it's IGN. Secondly, Colin wrote this as well which is Interesting considering he's a huge PS fan.

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@ghostz said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

Holy shit :D

"Bu bu it'z not compwete yet "

Lol @ Cows thinking anything will change. And I will bump this thread when it's a lag fest upon release just to own the cows that will inevitably say that.

You do know framerate is one of the last things developers work on right?

#23 Posted by happyduds77 (1486 posts) -

@ghostz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Consider this game trash. Because it is. Sit the fuck down, Cow(ard)

What are you doing? That's not an ownage. If you really want to win the argument back up your claims with facts than hurr durr.

#25 Posted by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

@ghostz said:

@Bren128 said:

XBone sucks ass too. I'm not defending that trash. At least it has an AAAE though. PS4 has literally ...NOTHING. No games. Nothing upcoming. LOL has it been a good dust collector for you, though?

Not for me. I dont own one. I will when it has infamous, uncharted 4, TLOU2. You know the usual SONY domination. Just like I waited on PS3.

#26 Edited by lostrib (37715 posts) -

perhaps wait for the game to release

#27 Edited by ghostz (8309 posts) -

@Bren128 said:

@ghostz said:

@Bren128 said:

Not for me. I dont own one. I will when it has infamous, uncharted 4, TLOU2. You know the usual SONY domination. Just like I waited on PS3.

Rehash, rehash, rehash. Infamous will 6/10, UC4 will 7/10, and TLOU2 won't be out for 2+ years and will again be a flop. (Lol sequel's to barely AA games)

#28 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

If there are black bars the whole game, I am not going to get nearly as fired up as I was before I heard about that.

#29 Posted by Seabas989 (10402 posts) -

I expect those issues to be fixed come release date since it is still early.

#30 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

First off, it's IGN. Secondly, Colin wrote this as well which is Interesting considering he's a huge PS fan.

Exactly - the article link even says "mixed" which means he also had praises as well as concerns at this early stage. I'd like to think that over 7-9 more months of polish and development can improve things - and there is much more we haven't seen yet and the substantial stuff could be saved for E3.

You should probably ban the TC. Look at how he handles the discussion with other users.

He's probably trying to get back at others for the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 6/10 review. Sheep vengeance is a very sad thing to watch

#31 Posted by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

@ghostz said:

@Bren128 said:

@ghostz said:

@Bren128 said:

Rehash, rehash, rehash. Infamous will 6/10, UC4 will 7/10, and TLOU2 won't be out for 2+ years and will again be a flop. (Lol sequel's to barely AA games)

6/10? lmao you're either an idiot or just trollin. gtfo. I'll bump this post when Infamous comes out bud. I dont think Uncharted was AA. You already know the scores these games got on IGN right?AAA Oh ign dont count? then neither does your article. Damn its good to be back owning noobs again.

#32 Posted by clone01 (24842 posts) -

@ghostz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Settle down, man...do actually want new titles to be bad? That's pretty childish.

#33 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

ROFL. The last hope they had is gone. Sux to be a cow these days.

#34 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

But the game quickly turned into something a bit more typical the further we got into the demo. Technical issues aside, seamless transitions between cutscenes and gameplay are well-executed, but The Order: 1886 seems to be a fairly ordinary third-person shooter at its core. The camera angle and cover-based gameplay are more reminiscent of Gears of War than Uncharted, and while seeing it was exciting – and while the game no doubt looks fun – some of its mystique was siphoned away. We weren’t shown anything in this brief 10-minute glimpse not done in other third-person shooters.

There are even quick-time events.

On a technical level, I’m somewhat concerned about the game, and I’m concerned that it seemed a bit more generic than I was hoping it would be.

Ruh Roh Raggy. These words, coming from Collin "It Only Does Everything" Moriarty is not a good sign.

#35 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

LMAO Cows in full defense mode :D :D :D

MONTHS OF HYPE AND NO GAMES TO PLAY AHAHAHA

TCHBK

#36 Posted by lynux3 (7269 posts) -

@ghostz must be venting after hearing about the 26 people thinking about releasing games on the U in the next year. Officially confirmed by the GDC '14 poll. :D

#37 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

Reviewer seemed as excited about what he liked about his time with the game as he did concerned about what he didn't like. Seems to be a pretty big reach to try for some sort of "ownage" about it at this point. Kids these days just can't seem to wait for release...

It's not my kind of game, so I'm ambivalent on where this one goes, but at least I wouldn't be sweating technical issues just yet if you're one of those looking to buy. And for the trolls, there will be plenty of time to make fun of the game after it comes out if it's as bad as you... hope?

#38 Edited by gago-gago (9541 posts) -

Well the "laggy" part can always be improved by release. I'm not too sure about "generic" though. I don't know how they can "un-generic-tize" the game. And I have to read about what was "poorly made", is it the game design or what. But they will continue to hype this, let them. I've always had doubts with this game just by pointing out the title of this game, it's dumb to me. "The Order: 1886". Lol. Sounds like a fast food order that will give you diarrhea. But let them continue to hype this.

#39 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

A preview from the largest gaming site on the internet, written by IGN's Playstation editor, and one of the two biggest Playstation fans (the other being Greg Miller) on the internet?

Yea, im sure he turned the internet upside down to find this.

#40 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yeah let's ignore this part then shall we?

Ready at Dawn’s CEO and Founder Ru Weerasuriya was quick to point out that this sliver of the game wasn’t QA tested and optimized at all, and that there might be problems.

Also they never said what you quoted in the title.They never say it's "poorly made". Stop fishing

#41 Posted by hoosier7 (3844 posts) -

Funny because Eurogamer are praising how it "revolutionises" cinematic gameplay.

I think IGN's article also contradicts itself. They complain about sharp transitions between scenes one minute and come out with this: "seamless transitions between cutscenes and gameplay are well-executed,".

TC you've also misquoted IGN, they don't say poorly made anywhere, if anything they praise it.

"1886’s graphics are decidedly beautiful – Ready at Dawn’s claim that the trailer shown at E3 last year was all in-game was essentially confirmed – and I was left especially impressed by the faces of the characters. Clearly, a lot of love was put into making The Order: 1886 look gorgeous."

Doesn't sound like they thought it was poorly made, plus they praised the camera work and transitions.

#42 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

Cow damage control is hilarious

#43 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@ghostz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Jeez dude you need to calm down

Your fanboyism isa bit too over the top.

#44 Posted by jsmoke03 (12929 posts) -

i read the article, its not as bad as your title suggests on an unoptimised pre build. he said it looks fun for what its worth.

yea when i first saw it, it didnt scream the next great thing though it looked pretty. im guessing 6-8 range at best

#45 Posted by yokofox33 (29908 posts) -

How much is popcorn for an event like this? I find this quite entertaining.

#46 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

Lmao @lems i remember them defending RYSE when it had gfx issues ohh and why not link the other 10 positive sites ?

this is what we call DC ladies

#47 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

Playstation games don't get more polished as time goes on. Haven't we learned that? Take a look at any big Sony game. They've all been downgraded over time.

#48 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5068 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ghostz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

donkey kong receiving a 6/10 has sent him over the edge it seems. review scores mean that much to the poor guy.

on topic i couldnt give a sh&t, this game is months away from release and looks good to me. need to see more but mostly likely will buy

#50 Posted by ghostz (8309 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ghostz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

donkey kong receiving a 6/10 has sent him over the edge it seems. review scores mean that much to the poor guy.

on topic i couldnt give a sh&t, this game is months away from release and looks good to me. need to see more but mostly likely will buy

Donkey Kong has a higher rating at Metacritic than any PS4 retail exclusive. Gotta hurt, eh? :D