IGN: Nintendo revealing new hardware this E3

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

It's going to be a VR headset.

#52 Edited by inb4uall (5445 posts) -

How about they drop the motion shit and just deliver a respectable console with a decent controller and pile their classics library in the background like some sort of WWE subscription.

WWE? lol well your opinion is useless.

#53 Edited by fusionhunter (2009 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@fusionhunter said:

How about they drop the motion shit and just deliver a respectable console with a decent controller and pile their classics library in the background like some sort of WWE subscription.

WWE? lol well your opinion is useless.

Oh I'm so terribly sorry. Maybe for you I should rephrase it as a subscription service giving you access a vast library of content. However my opinion is useless because I used WWE as an example of such a service. Just as useless as your existence.

#54 Posted by g0ddyX (3911 posts) -

Everyone is going to shittalk this regardless of what it is. Personally I find you people disgusting.

Then you should be disgusted with yourself for supporting an overpriced, weak hardware and with a crap online and third party support in the first place that was aimed for casuals and kids that flopped from the start.

If anything, it would be the usual lighter handheld option or something easier for casuals to play on.

#55 Posted by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

Refined tablet controller with longer battery life.

#56 Posted by locopatho (20222 posts) -

They should release a new console and call it Nintendoom.

It should be a red and black display on a massive tablet with some terrible viewing angle. No buttons, all waggle. Every time you play a 3rd party game, it slowly deletes code off the disc until the game is unplayable. The 1st party games would all be "interactive" live action videos.

Launch that bitch at $599 and tell me to please understand why I need a second job.

For only $80 more you can get a bundle with the original SMB since people only play Nintendo games for nostalgia.

Day 1.

Can I get stoned with you? And maybe watch/play Conan?

#57 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17336 posts) -

it's going to be a heart rate monitor peripheral. they took a page out of samsung's book

#58 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4633 posts) -

They should release a new console and call it Nintendoom.

It should be a red and black display on a massive tablet with some terrible viewing angle. No buttons, all waggle. Every time you play a 3rd party game, it slowly deletes code off the disc until the game is unplayable. The 1st party games would all be "interactive" live action videos.

Launch that bitch at $599 and tell me to please understand why I need a second job.

For only $80 more you can get a bundle with the original SMB since people only play Nintendo games for nostalgia.

Day 1.

please please let this be true

#59 Edited by yokofox33 (29499 posts) -

3DSXL Lite Ultra Gilgamesh Small

Book it.

#60 Posted by sailor232 (4574 posts) -

It will be an attachment for the wii controller bundled with a game like Mario Tennis WiiU. So a tennis racket snap on. Something along the line of this, Nintendo always disappoint in announcements so this is a safe bet.

#61 Edited by GhoX (4858 posts) -

Maybe a 3DS Box - wirelessly connect to TV, monitor or cellphone and play 3DS games.

#62 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4927 posts) -

@locopatho: Definitely. We'll smoke ourselves stupid and watch Conan the Barbarian 1982. Edited for TV version though because the whole demon sex scene reminds me too much of this crazy bitch I dated back in 08.

@CrownKingArthur:

#63 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (756 posts) -

Couldn't agree more.

#64 Edited by uninspiredcup (8252 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Everyone is going to shittalk this regardless of what it is. Personally I find you people disgusting.

You are the only smart on here. You are 100% correct.

Difficult to argue with this.

#65 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6787 posts) -

I'm hoping it's a 3DS revision.

#67 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9551 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Then you should be disgusted with yourself for supporting an overpriced, weak hardware and with a crap online and third party support in the first place that was aimed for casuals and kids that flopped from the start.

If anything, it would be the usual lighter handheld option or something easier for casuals to play on.

It's funny because unispiredcup is a hermit.

#68 Posted by Big_Pecks (5266 posts) -

The 2DS isn't old. It seems too soon for another version.

Maybe Wii U VR?

#69 Posted by musicalmac (22962 posts) -

Heh, maybe a 2DS that folds in half.

;)

#70 Posted by Bardock47 (5267 posts) -

@Sphensen said:

Maybe an improved Wii U? Bigger hard drive, usb 3.0 but if they release a super WIi U they better hook up us Wii U owners

Seriously this, if they had a super Wii U and all my stuff could be transferred, and just pay a small upgrade fee with a trade-in I would be game!

#71 Posted by tormentos (17661 posts) -

A $199 tablet less wii u would surely spark sales..

#72 Posted by musicalmac (22962 posts) -

@Sphensen said:

Maybe an improved Wii U? Bigger hard drive, usb 3.0 but if they release a super WIi U they better hook up us Wii U owners

Seriously this, if they had a super Wii U and all my stuff could be transferred, and just pay a small upgrade fee with a trade-in I would be game!

Super unrealistic and a strange idea to boot.

#73 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25136 posts) -

prepare for disappointment.

#74 Posted by cainetao11 (17265 posts) -

That's a shame because I really like you. I'm rolling the dice!! New console will release in spring 2015

#75 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
#76 Edited by STEAMSBL0WSSAX (80 posts) -

nintendo 1985-2001 rip

#77 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (583 posts) -

Its not a new home console...That's for sure.

Nintendo knows damn well what happened to Sega. They can't be that ignorant. They aren't a green horn to gaming.

#78 Edited by drummerdave9099 (676 posts) -

Praying it's the Nintendo Wonderbook, take up half of E3 Nintendo Direct showing it off too please

#79 Edited by m3dude1 (1276 posts) -

yay a new fisher price toy no one will care about and nintendo can continue to lose money.

#80 Edited by VERTIGO47 (6248 posts) -

New 3DS/3DSXL model with 2 circle analog pads + slimmer + more power efficiency + slightly larger screen

or

New WiiU model, with at least 4GB Ram (seem to have gotten 3rd parties talking and powerful enough if 1GB is dedicated to WiiU OS, leaving extra 3GB for devs), 500GB Hdd, shorter in length, but slightly thicker than current WiiU model due to internal HDD, ditching Wii game compatibility, but keeping Gamepad, same price at $299.

#81 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3748 posts) -

Giant enemy crab... robots.

#82 Posted by stuff238 (618 posts) -

They will show off QoL products like nintendo branded toasters, fridges and other appliances.

#83 Posted by Chutebox (36968 posts) -

Probably a revision.

#84 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Nintendo WiiU Pro(Made for the Hardcore gamers)

• Third parties on board with it
  • specs better than PS4.
  • 8GB GDDR5 RAM(2GB for os)
  • Includes Slot for Expansion Pak
  • You can trade in your wiiu to get the Nintendo Ambassador discount. Price after discount $350($450 without discount)
  • Also included a special Ambassador Certificate. The certificate has a notifications feature, which when toggled 'On' allows the player to receive special notifications exclusive to Ambassadors. Such as weekly meme Jokes from Iwata , Miyamoto, and Reggie. From the adorable "Please Understand", the badass "So Reggie? Who's... your... Daddy?", and "What's wrong with you" to the sexually charged "My body is ready" from Reggie. It's all there.
  • Uncensored Miiverse
  • Includes two Please Understand Car Window Decal
#85 Edited by AznbkdX (3134 posts) -

Sounds like bull shit to me.

#86 Edited by MirkoS77 (7319 posts) -

Damn I'm excited. Good thing they're having a live PC to unveil it (if true).

#87 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2568 posts) -

Maybe something to do with that QoL thing.

I would have to imagine they're making a dedicated, somewhat inexpensive device for their fitness market who doesn't want to drop 300$ on a console that only has one title they want. I think they're realizing with the Wii U it's not possible in today's market to create a console that caters to both their gaming and casual market. Though, it's unclear if their casual market even exists anymore.

#88 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71169 posts) -

VITALITY SENSOR!!!!!!!!

that's what i was thinking.

#89 Edited by nini200 (9675 posts) -

DAT WIIU EXPANSION PACK!!!

#90 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26482 posts) -

And the rumors... BUSTED!

Is it me, or were these rumors just desperate on Jose Otero and Peer Schneider's part?

#91 Edited by musicalmac (22962 posts) -

You know, it's always exciting when we get something unexpected. What a treat (truly!).

#92 Edited by groowagon (2798 posts) -

WiiMote. for your feet. now that would kick things forward. *ba dum tsss*

#93 Posted by musicalmac (22962 posts) -

Sadly not true... Surprises are so rare that they just may not exist anymore...