IGN: Nintendo revealing new hardware this E3

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -

Word on the interwebs suggests that the Big N is gearing up for some sort of hardware reveal at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

"We've heard rumors that Nintendo might be showing hardware at E3," IGN editor Jose Otero said on the latest episode of Nintendo Voice Chat.

"They're absolutely going to show new hardware this year," the outlet's co-founder, Peer Schneider added. "No doubt in my mind that something... 'Cause I've heard from multiple people now. I've heard from someone who used to be at Nintendo, I've heard it from somebody on the third-party front."

SOURCE

So it looks like the SEO from the other day was actually correct- it looks like there is something in the works at Nintendo. Given that third parties are also talking about it, it has to be something that involves them. So it's either a mid life hardware refresh for the 3DS (a 3DSi or 3DS Color, basically), or probably a Wii U Tablet-less SKU. The next possibility is their QoL platform, although I don't see why third parties would know anything about that, especially since it's not even the same market. The final, least likely possibility is an all new Nintendo handheld or console.

Which is it? Have at it.

#2 Posted by wolverine4262 (18907 posts) -

VITALITY SENSOR!!!!!!!!

#3 Edited by PonchoTaco (1930 posts) -

Probably a new 3DS

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -

Maybe something to do with that QoL thing.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (7530 posts) -

Everyone is going to shittalk this regardless of what it is. Personally I find you people disgusting.

#6 Edited by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -

As I said in the OP, third parties wouldn't be in on that (it's a health and fitness venture, so nothing that they would be interested in). Whatever this is is a gaming related thing that got third parties talking.

#7 Edited by wolverine4262 (18907 posts) -
#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38649 posts) -

As I said in the OP, third parties wouldn't be in on that (it's a health and fitness venture, so nothing that they would be interested in). Whatever this is is a gaming related thing that got third parties talking.

Well, that excludes a new WiiU model, cuz no 3rd party wants to talk about that.

NO HE DIDN'T

#9 Edited by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

and it will flop.

#10 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9507 posts) -

It's handheld related, I am sure.

#11 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#12 Edited by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Well, that excludes a new WiiU model, cuz no 3rd party wants to talk about that.

NO HE DIDN'T

ell ee ell

#13 Edited by wolverine4262 (18907 posts) -

NO HE DIDN'T

#14 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26080 posts) -

Word on the interwebs suggests that the Big N is gearing up for some sort of hardware reveal at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

"We've heard rumors that Nintendo might be showing hardware at E3," IGN editor Jose Otero said on the latest episode of Nintendo Voice Chat.

"They're absolutely going to show new hardware this year," the outlet's co-founder, Peer Schneider added. "No doubt in my mind that something... 'Cause I've heard from multiple people now. I've heard from someone who used to be at Nintendo, I've heard it from somebody on the third-party front."

SOURCE

So it looks like the SEO from the other day was actually correct- it looks like there is something in the works at Nintendo. Given that third parties are also talking about it, it has to be something that involves them. So it's either a mid life hardware refresh for the 3DS (a 3DSi or 3DS Color, basically), or probably a Wii U Tablet-less SKU. The next possibility is their QoL platform, although I don't see why third parties would know anything about that, especially since it's not even the same market. The final, least likely possibility is an all new Nintendo handheld or console.

Which is it? Have at it.

And Nintendo would shoot themselves hard if it was those.

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Which is it? Have at it.

Not in the case of the former, they wouldn't.

#16 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16403 posts) -

please get everyone excited so Nintendo can disappoint again lol

#17 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

QoL.

#18 Edited by farrell2k (5586 posts) -

Everyone is going to shittalk this regardless of what it is. Personally I find you people disgusting.

You are the only smart on here. You are 100% correct.

#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26080 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Which is it? Have at it.

Well, considering how PS4/XB1 are selling, highly doubtful.

#20 Edited by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

A tablet-less SKU at this point would be stupid

#21 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

Nintendo doesn't care about WiiU til E3; it's about WiiU. At least I hope so.

#22 Edited by charizard1605 (55329 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Which is it? Have at it.

Well, considering how PS4/XB1 are selling, highly doubtful.

A does not follow from B

#23 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10978 posts) -

I wouldn't be so sure that it isn't the "QoL" hardware. I know its not supposed to be gaming related but that doesn't mean 3rd parties wouldn't be told about it. Maybe it offers some sort of connectivity to Nintendo's other hardware or its possible that whatever it is other 3rd parties may be able to develop something for it. We don't even know what it is, so it can really be anything.

#24 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6811 posts) -

If the QoL hardware is not gaming related, then why would they unveil it at E3? A new handheld that is compatible with the Wii U would get me pretty excited.

#25 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

Refined tablet controller with longer battery life.

#26 Edited by Sphensen (716 posts) -

Maybe an improved Wii U? Bigger hard drive, usb 3.0 but if they release a super WIi U they better hook up us Wii U owners

#27 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10978 posts) -

If the QoL hardware is not gaming related, then why would they unveil it at E3? A new handheld that is compatible with the Wii U would get me pretty excited.

I don't see why people are so sure about that. They talked about the vitality sensor at E3 which was really not gaming related although it apparently could be applied to it. I could see them doing their Direct with all the trailers and stuff and somewhere in there presenting that "QoL" platform. I know that it is VERY unlikely, all I'm saying is that there is always a possibility and it wouldn't surprise if they did show it during their E3 Direct.

#28 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

Power Glove II

#29 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

New handheld system if not.

#30 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34115 posts) -

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be doomed.

#31 Posted by Gue1 (9356 posts) -

Wii U Too

so clever!

#32 Posted by KBFloYd (12877 posts) -

it will also be kiddy...we know that..lol

#33 Edited by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

Motion Camera. they can call it Wii C-U hahahahaha

#34 Posted by NFJSupreme (5118 posts) -

Wii ultra with a 270 inside?

#35 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

WiiU Balance Board equivalent.

It'll probably be shit but it'll be profitable, after all it'll have a Nintendo logo on it.

#36 Posted by Sphensen (716 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: you mean POWER GLOVES !!!

Full on gaming interaction

#37 Edited by resevl4rlz (3250 posts) -

its probably the interchangeable handheld that they patent

#38 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17202 posts) -

#39 Edited by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

Ultra Slim version with zero connectors (you need to pierce your own holes inside the system), no iPad, slimmer 'obviously', comes bundled with three mario titles, have a brand new box on which you see five 8y old kids playing their wiiwiiu, priced at $149.99.

#40 Posted by TTUalumni13 (456 posts) -

2dsXL confirmed.

#41 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6553 posts) -

Nintendo is already doomed.

#42 Posted by nyzma23 (895 posts) -

New Wii Fit

#43 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

The Nintendo Vita

So you could have a dying handheld to go with your dying console

#44 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17202 posts) -
#45 Edited by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

I think Nintendo should join MS and Sony by making a Camera add-on for the Wii-U. They can call it Wii-Camera U. :D

#46 Posted by lamprey263 (22638 posts) -

In other words, rumors.

In other words, he gets his info from NeoGAF.

#47 Posted by fusionhunter (2009 posts) -

How about they drop the motion shit and just deliver a respectable console with a decent controller and pile their classics library in the background like some sort of WWE subscription.

#48 Edited by Enforcedspot (2913 posts) -

3DS revision extra small confirmed.

hoping 3DS lite

#49 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4503 posts) -

They should release a new console and call it Nintendoom.

It should be a red and black display on a massive tablet with some terrible viewing angle. No buttons, all waggle. Every time you play a 3rd party game, it slowly deletes code off the disc until the game is unplayable. The 1st party games would all be "interactive" live action videos.

Launch that bitch at $599 and tell me to please understand why I need a second job.

For only $80 more you can get a bundle with the original SMB since people only play Nintendo games for nostalgia.

Day 1.

#50 Edited by KBFloYd (12877 posts) -

3DS revision extra small confirmed.

hoping 3DS lite

how about 3DS micro :o