IGN Confirms PS3 Oblivion > 360 Oblivion EVEN WITH PATCH

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

"Multiplatform users who have been holding out in hopes of getting the "best looking version" should still gravitate towards a pumped-up PC. But, as I mentioned earlier, the PS3 version of Oblivion is a definite technical improvement over the 360 edition. Even if you have the latest Xbox patch installed, this newest port holds an advantage with its quicker loading times (which are almost twice as fast as the 360's), fewer framerate hitches, sharper textures, a better draw distance, and a brighter overall picture."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775711p3.html

You can put that one to rest now lemmings.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Frankly... I've read them all, and fnd it nice to hear. However... I'm done with the game, and never found it that great at all.... this is a sheep speaking by the way.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Yet a PC with mods still outdoes both of them.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Uptown

fatzombiepigeon

PC versions are always superior if you have a system that can run them 

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Lol were other lemmings honestly denying this while I wasn't here? I would laugh for days if the PS3 version didn't look better a year after the original release.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
Don't you fanboys only go by GS reviews and stuff?
zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeonne
Member since 2003 • 5600 Posts
well that pretty much kills of every other argument now, who cares if crap games like sonic on ps3 look worse, as long as the best games look the best on ps3, im happy
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
Well...It should be better. It is a year late now
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
Don't you fanboys only go by GS reviews and stuff?kcpp2b
Only when it suits their needs. You must realize that a fanboy, regardless of what system they cheer for, is incapable of forming an original thought. Like a BASIC program, their thought process consists of about 20 different cliches, with variables inserted like so; "$n looks WAY better on my $x than it does on your $l. CALL SUB reasonswhymysystemisbetter" I wouldn't worry yourself about trying to figure it out. -John
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
It was released a year later, of course its going to be better. whooptee fricken doo.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

fatzombiepigeon
Did you even read the first sentence?
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
Nice, mabye now the lemmings will finally be on hushmouth about this pathetic debate.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Uptown

Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?Baird-06

Oh please how many lemmings were bickering that the patch makes them look equal when the review came out the other day?  Good back peddle my friend. 

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
I believe you, but you still gotta show a link.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
That's cool but I got bored of that game ages ago and I doubt small improvements would be enough to get me interested again. If there would be any improvements at all since I played it on PC and it looked very good, for it's time anyway.
zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zeonne

[QUOTE="Baird-06"]Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?Uptown

Oh please how many lemmings were bickering that the patch makes them look equal when the review came out the other day?  Good back peddle my friend. 

Ownage Aprroved
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baird-06

[QUOTE="Baird-06"]Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?Uptown

Oh please how many lemmings were bickering that the patch makes them look equal when the review came out the other day? Good back peddle my friend.

I don't know, but I wasn't here when the review came out. And I don't know why you would take lemmings words so serious anyway...
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

"Multiplatform users who have been holding out in hopes of getting the "best looking version" should still gravitate towards a pumped-up PC. But, as I mentioned earlier, the PS3 version of Oblivion is a definite technical improvement over the 360 edition. Even if you have the latest Xbox patch installed, this newest port holds an advantage with its quicker loading times (which are almost twice as fast as the 360's), fewer framerate hitches, sharper textures, a better draw distance, and a brighter overall picture."

Uptown

you owned them badly..they will never show their face in this thread..umm never mind they will..lol..let the damage control begin!!

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Why do I hear different things from different game reviews?
mercenar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mercenar3
Member since 2006 • 2238 Posts

ps3 looks better-for the most part some areas are iffy but overall ps3 looks better and ive heard it runs slightly smoother as well.

ps3 comes with knights of the nine. but not the other expansions.

ps3 will really only be better if it gets the other expansions. for now im leaning on the 360 side.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts

Uptown

Awww IGN said that. Well its a shame we are not on IGN because we are on gamespot and only gamespot counts when on system wars. Therefore the 360 version is still superior.

PS3=9.5

360=9.6

360 wins so it doesn't matter what anyone says.

jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
And I have just confirmed that I don't care. I have been playing the game for a year and am sick of it.
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

Spartan070

I must state the obvious when it comes to stuff like this.

zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeonne
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

fatzombiepigeon

so in other words your admitting to spamming?
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Oh noes! A game that has had an extra year of development time is better than the same game, that was released a year ago? WHO would have thought such a thing possible?
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Baird-06
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

[QUOTE="Baird-06"]Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?zeonne

Oh please how many lemmings were bickering that the patch makes them look equal when the review came out the other day? Good back peddle my friend.

Ownage Aprroved

How exactly have I been owned? :? I am no lemming and wasn't even here when the review came out nor did I say that the 360 patch would make the PS3 version superior...
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
Thank god they confirmed our opinions!!!!! The weight has been lifted off all our sholders!
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

[QUOTE="Baird-06"]Wow for something that is one year old and available on a system that is $100-200 more, I would hope it looks better. :?zeonne

Ownage Aprroved

link to him previously saying that the 360 version would look better?

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

pokajabba

Awww IGN said that. Well its a shame we are not on IGN because we are on gamespot and only gamespot counts when on system wars. Therefore the 360 version is still superior.

PS3=9.5

360=9.6

360 wins so it doesn't matter what anyone says.

Did you really think GS was gonna rate it higher? In fact some ppl said that the game wasn't even gonna get AAA.
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"] Yet a PC with mods still outdoes both of themfatzombiepigeon

More like say something to turn the attention.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
all i heard last week from lemmings was "BU BU BUT THE PATCH WILL OWN YOU COWS " but yah i have the 360 version also. its been played to death. btw good find TC.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

Here's the rub:

Do I want to spend $600 on a console so I can play a game I've already been playing for a year because it looks a little better?  Of course it looks better.  Patch or no patch, a full year to take their game and built it upon the PS3's hardware is going to look better. 

It's like this.  Let's use a "patch" analogy - a band-aid.  If I'm riding my bike down the street and over a brick shard (I did that as a kid), and I fall off and scratch myself up pretty good, I can put a band-aid on it.  But it'd have still been better if I'd have seen the brick and avoided it.  An extra year to refine the game from scratch on another platform will beat out a patch on the first every time.

But is it worth $600 to you?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Yet the PC version is 1 quintillion times better than both combined.

The tiny differences between the PS3 and 360 version in no way justify the extra $200.
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

zeonne

so in other words your admitting to spamming?

If you want to twist it that way, then fine.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="mythrol"]Oh noes! A game that has had an extra year of development time is better than the same game, that was released a year ago? WHO would have thought such a thing possible?

Apparently not Lemmings. All we heard was how 360 can do the same graphics or BETTER. Now that PS3 looks better than 360 in a game its "well, its been a year! Its been a year!". It looks like supeiror PS3 graphics might be easier to achieve than previoulsy thought because obviously they took the time to improve them, when they could have kept them the same. Also, lets not forget better framerates and load times! PS3 is showing its strength finally.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Uptown
My post was deleted? It wasnt even bad.....I cant count the number of times I read stuff like that from lemmings.....
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
That is awesome to hear. This only proves that the PS3 can handle ports if done correctly.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

Uptown

Are you really bragging that you have a slightly better version of a game most of us finished a year ago?  If that is the best you can do...  you really need to stop trying.

What I would like to hear is a reason to buy a PS3...  and a slight improvement on a year-old port isn't going to do it.  Only fanboys would be happy about this...  because any gamer would have bought a 360 and played it already.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

Mystikef

Are you really bragging that you have a slightly better version of a game most of us finished a year ago? If that is the best you can do... you really need to stop trying.

What I would like to hear is a reason to buy a PS3... and a slight improvement on a year-old port isn't going to do it. Only fanboys would be happy about this... because any gamer would have bought a 360 and played it already.

Stop the damage control....Lemmings were pounding cows all week and throwing this 360 Oblivion patch in their faces. Why is it only the cows can take heat on this board and everything else is DOWNPLAYED?  If the 360 Patch made it equal to the PS3 version and someone wrote about it from gamespot or IGN....lemmings would be down cows throats.

jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts
[QUOTE="jvonrader"]

Here's the rub:

Do I want to spend $600 on a console so I can play a game I've already been playing for a year because it looks a little better? Of course it looks better. Patch or no patch, a full year to take their game and built it upon the PS3's hardware is going to look better.

It's like this. Let's use a "patch" analogy - a band-aid. If I'm riding my bike down the street and over a brick shard (I did that as a kid), and I fall off and scratch myself up pretty good, I can put a band-aid on it. But it'd have still been better if I'd have seen the brick and avoided it. An extra year to refine the game from scratch on another platform will beat out a patch on the first every time.

But is it worth $600 to you?

Uptown

After all the nonsense since the Oblivion PS3 Review and this 360 patch owning cows....All I see in your post is Damage Control written over and over..... 

You ever notice how people here shout "Damage control!" every time a logical arguement leaves them with no reply? It's a debate-killer. I missed the fuss over the score - too bad, I'd actually intended to come up with this "Fisher Price: My First AAA" jpeg for it. Ah, well. I'm not going to shell out $600 to play a game I've already played to death for a full year. I have no problem buying a Sony product if they give me good reason - I own a PS2, and just played through GoW2 on it. You want me to spend $600 on a PS3, show me exclusive games worth the purchase. It's that simple.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

You can put that one to rest now lemmings. Uptown

Hot. Now I'm definitely purchasing the PS3 version on Friday.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
wow why are still talking about this i mean the 360 version came out a year ago if you really think 360 cant do the ps3 version of oblivion then your a fanboy heck even the pc version with mods look better and i know that the 360 and ps3 can handle mods
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

WOWZA!

I R GETIN TEH PEEEEESTHRIII VERSUN! 

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Let's not rub it in too much... How many times do the lemmings need to hear how much better the PS3 version is? I am sure they are sick of it by now.
jbeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jbeen
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

It is a very sad day for Cows when their first real chance at getting some ownage on PC and 360 owners is that a year old game that most lems and hermits have played, beaten and traded in for another game buy now. I know it has been a tough few months, with the lack of any good exclusives and all, and I am not shocked that the ps3 fans have been trumpeting the "better" graphics but really now, can we please agree that you are so hard up to try to justify the huge price tag on you're 4-d console that you are a bit overzealous in the attempt to claim some ownage. Please wait for a real game, it will happen eventually. Until then enjoy you're HD Movies.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
do you even care that it's not just lemmings saying "after a year it had better look superior"?
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

Whatever happened to the

"Teh GS scores count only"?

:lol: