If you have completed TLOU and....

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong. Finishing it on normal is one thing, perhaps the get the feel for the game, but for people complaining about the game system not featuring enough, this is perhaps your kind of meal as every moment does indeed count.

Has anyone else played it this way or there is big backlog of game still needed to go through?

I complete survival plus and didn't complaint

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

Survival's the only way to play this game, and I was stupid enough to do it on normal the first time.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

How about no?

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

And I personally recommend everyone to play the game in combat. As a huge fan of The Last Of Us I have to say the stealth lacks some depth. Naughty Dog got rid of so many animations from Uncharted 3 just for the sake of differing from it.

Last of Us has awesome stealth mechanics as it is - its very organic and rich. You can play cat and mouse with enemies as you pick them off one by one, use distractions and manuver in to sneak kill, set traps with bombs, throw items to running meele combos...so fluid too.

Its also very adaptive. Lets say you get caught, well you still have options. You can runaway, lose enemies with smart tactics and re strategize / or go on the offensive provided you have the resources and crafted offensive items etc. You can awlays mix it up between both play styles too. So exhilarating

Last of Us has much better stealth then the Splinter Cell games lol...and stealth is just one piece of the puzzle that makes up the revolutionary combat in Last of Us! Its revolutionary for how it comes together and plays so unlike anything else out there!

(Its amazing how Naughty Dog reinvents gameplay of any genre they decide to tackle-action adventure with Uncharted, now survival action horror combat with Last of Us. Naughty Dog are the best gameplay designers out there too. Dont let their prowess in other areas fool you. Naughty Dog is the best at it all)

challenger_155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 challenger_155
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

Have already beaten the game on both normal and survivor difficulty some time ago, but didnt get all trophies yet.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong.

The game is already excruciatingly tedious and boring to begin with. What would be the appeal of playing on a mode that just makes it worse.

Well, Last of Us requires actual thought to play, ammo is scarce, bullets actually do damage, and the combat over all is very brutal and intense.

Shallow AAA shootfests like Call of Duty/Gears of War may be more your speed

Last of Us clearly isnt for the ADD addicted dudebros like you

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 CatwomanIsKyle
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

First playthrough was on hard. Didn't use listen mode.

Next was Survivor...which has listen mode disabled.

The other two playthroughs were on normal chasing trophies. Game of the gen.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@selfreflect said:

Well, Last of Us requires actual thought to play, ammo is scarce, bullets actually do damage, and the combat over all is very brutal and intense.

It's great just how wrong these assumptions are. I have zero interest in CoD and I hate Gears of War slightly more than TLOU. They're incredibly boring games.

TLOU's combat is the polar opposite of intense by the way. It's agonizingly boring and monotonous. Playing on higher difficulties does nothing to change this. It only serves to make a bad experience take longer.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ SelfReflect

You'l never be taken seriously if you only make concessions for games you like. Take off your goggles and look at it again, you sure you can't find anything wrong with it ?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

I just got a moderation for the first time on the new site.

You're going down, E. Way, way down

You've been Eroicowned.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

You've been Eroicowned.

oh I like that... Gonna make up some E-business cards for future modding...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#62 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Goddamit, TBHBO

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Playing on Survivor was for the most part great fun. Being desperately low on everything and facing a bunch of Infected or humans gave a great feeling of satisfaction when I pulled it off. You'll have to do it sometime Blab.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ Kiro0

Masochist !

I bet you think running out gas in a shady neighbourhood is fun, the thrill of your cell phone battery about to die and deciding whether to call for help (which is futile when baddies are closing in on your location) or let your loved ones know how much you love'em...... Decisions Decisions. Oh Joy ! :D

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

You've been Eroicowned.

lmao *salutes* welcome to the team!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@TheEroica said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

You've been Eroicowned.

lmao *salutes* welcome to the team!

:D it was too good of a line Hazy... haha

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I only played it on normal. I completed it, but only because I paid $60 for it and I was waiting for it to get really good. Overall, I found the game to be very boring and I could not bring myself to play through it again, after "getting the feel of it"

Drrhymetime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Drrhymetime
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@selfreflect said:

It's great just how wrong these assumptions are. I have zero interest in CoD and I hate Gears of War slightly more than TLOU. They're incredibly boring games.

TLOU's combat is the polar opposite of intense by the way. It's agonizingly boring and monotonous. Playing on higher difficulties does nothing to change this. It only serves to make a bad experience take longer.

Then youre some body who doesnt like playing video games, because there is NOT one game out there that has more brutal, more intense, third person combat gameplay then the Last of Us has

There have already been examples given

Why dont you actually back up your shitty opinion regarding Last of Us, instead of just going ,"meh its boring"

In fact, I doubt youve ever even played the game. You sound like the typical delusional trolls who hate on Last of Us. Doing what a troll does. Being so vauge and shallow, and never explaining why its boring or bad etc

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Playing on hard was pretty non forgiving and I used listen mode A LOT. I can't imagine not having it... ughh.. I'd probably have to turn my surround up to try to hear.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lulu_Lulu

@ Drrhymetime

I played the game, and I partly agree with Pffrbt (lol). The infected were boring in stealth and even worse when they spot you, they don't exhibit the same complex behavior of the human baddies. The game also uses a positive feedback loop in a negative sum enviroment, this combonation doesn't work well. And its challenging but not like you make sound, in stealth, sneaking up behind both the humans and infected is only particularly challenging because Joel has surprisingly poor moveset, he can't stick to cover, jump, climb (he can but not for offensive tactics), role, hide in closets and crawl. Since he can't stick to objects like large crates and walls, he can't stealth grab a baddie from the front behind a structure, actually he can but its unreliable as his moveset was clearly designed to grab from behind, rapey style. And in combat the infected suck, no other way to put it, they see they attack you, you attack back, which isn't fun against braindead AI or you run away like a lil bitch which is way worse. But the humans are awesome, they work together, have self preservation, take cover, lose line of site, react to sound. Most complex and satisfying AI ever. Both you and the baddies have stun animations when inflicting injury.

Sadly the survival elements get in the way of all that, real time crafting was cool, scavenging for supplies was BORING ! The small talk between Joel and (insert companion) did little to alleviate the tediusness of opening empty drawers. Ontop of that, enemies with guns don't always drop ammo, now I know they did this to make ammo scarce, but they couldve just removed the ammo from the enviroment and give it to the baddies.... Naughty Dog and their backwards thinking. And why does a survival game have upgrades ? Thats counterintuitive, by allowing you to buff your equipment they increase the efficiency when in combat leading you to not need to worry about resources as much so much. Now I hate survival but I'm sure thats not a very survivoresque design. And the weapons, what the hell do I need two of each weaopon for (except the Long Bow) and why do these duplicate weapons use seperate ammo ?

And thats all

Well..... How did I do ? ;)

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#71 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Is this a joke? Last of Us is a great game but it has some of the worst positional audio in the last 10 years.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

HOW!?

I've yet to get a moderation since the revamp, I've pissed off so many people.....well at least the Hermit fanboys when you throw logic at them.

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CatwomanIsKyle
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

First play through was on hard. Didn't use listen mode.

2nd was on survivor, which has listen mode disabled (the best experience.)

Next two play throughs were another survivor, and normal... Chasing trophies.

Game of the gen.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Played it without listen mode of survivor and I will say it's the best way to play the game

But normal mode shouldn't be so easy either. Something called "normal" should be the normal way to play it and it gives you way too much ammo. Then again the game throws way too many gunfights at you unnecessarily at times. Especially the dam after meeting Tommy again and the house after the horse section

The amount of fighting at the end really damaged the game for me. I still loved it but it just ruined the pacing and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. In particular the parts you mentioned were frustrating and at the end when you get an assault rifle and have to fight through the hospital. It just felt unnecessary and almost like padding to make the game longer which is hard to believe given the quality and thought clearly put in to the rest of the game.