If you have completed TLOU and....

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong. Finishing it on normal is one thing, perhaps the get the feel for the game, but for people complaining about the game system not featuring enough, this is perhaps your kind of meal as every moment does indeed count.

Has anyone else played it this way or there is big backlog of game still needed to go through?

#2 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

Perhaps against the humans but the infected will always suck donkey balls.

#3 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Bill said ''I'm not scared of the infected, at least they are predictable, its the humans that scare me''. It ties into the theme of the game bro

#4 Edited by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

I'll play it on Survivor years from now to see how it's aged.

I already played it with Listen Mode off on Hard the first time. Of course, I didn't get my trophies for easy and normal :(

Another reason I'm not playing on Survivor is because every Infected part in that game ever. Wish there was a way to just skip them.

#5 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon: Yeah the infected portions can be a bit of chore... I'll most likely go back to it later on as well... The payoff from winter till the end is just so good.

I just got a moderation for the first time on the new site.

You're going down, E. Way, way down

#7 Edited by happyduds77 (1478 posts) -

And I personally recommend everyone to play the game in combat. As a huge fan of The Last Of Us I have to say the stealth lacks some depth. Naughty Dog got rid of so many animations from Uncharted 3 just for the sake of differing from it.

#8 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I'll play it on Survivor years from now to see how it's aged.

I already played it with Listen Mode off on Hard the first time. Of course, I didn't get my trophies for easy and normal :(

Another reason I'm not playing on Survivor is because every Infected part in that game ever. Wish there was a way to just skip them.

Whaaaa, that has to be one weird bug or something.

I don't know if the Infected sections felt like a chore considering they are not as many in comparison to human contacts

#9 Edited by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

Great game. Hardest difficulty is indeed a challenge

#10 Posted by Telekill (4694 posts) -

I'm about halfway through the game on Survivor. I definitely won't be platinuming this game.

#11 Edited by handssss (1837 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: Bill said ''I'm not scared of the infected, at least they are predictable, its the humans that scare me''. It ties into the theme of the game bro

i heard there was one point they considered not even having the infected in the game as enemies.

i will say though. that flooded basement generator part. hard as hell until i learned the trick of it.

#12 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Played it without listen mode of survivor and I will say it's the best way to play the game

But normal mode shouldn't be so easy either. Something called "normal" should be the normal way to play it and it gives you way too much ammo. Then again the game throws way too many gunfights at you unnecessarily at times. Especially the dam after meeting Tommy again and the house after the horse section

#13 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@Blabadon: I completed the game once, and I didn't earn a single trophy for anything my entire playthrough, could be bugged?

I don't have time to play through it again just now, but hopefully in the future I will play it on the hardest difficulty.

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I don't think it's possible to excuse bad mechanics through "because themes".

#15 Edited by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon: I completed the game once, and I didn't earn a single trophy for anything my entire playthrough, could be bugged?

I don't have time to play through it again just now, but hopefully in the future I will play it on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, it was notoriously buggy for its trophy payouts after you beat the game. I didn't mind too much as I was gonna replay it in the future.

I think you can call Sony about the bugs if you care enough lol

#16 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

I just got a moderation for the first time on the new site.

You're going down, E. Way, way down

Wow... my first wrongful accusation... haha. I actually just signed in to spend some time reading how it all works. I look forward to adding to your lengthy Mod history shortly though buddy... ;)

#17 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yeah, it was notoriously buggy for its trophy payouts after you beat the game. I didn't mind too much as I was gonna replay it in the future.

I think you can call Sony about the bugs if you care enough lol

Ha maybe I'll call em just for giggles.

I don't think the Platinum will be easy/quick enough for me to bother with all of them though anyway to be fair.

#18 Posted by clone01 (24832 posts) -

Good tip. Definitely a feature I'll check out. I really liked that game.

#19 Posted by Masculus (2868 posts) -

Maybe I'll rob my brother's copy. Don't like the idea of a stealth game based on chest-high walls, no problem trying though.

#20 Posted by GhoX (5027 posts) -

Didn't change the fact that many of the gameplay elements, namely the survivial/crafting aspects, are superficial at best. Sound mode is not very relevant, since the enemies always spawn in the same positions and follow the same routes. It wasn't my first playthrough, so I basically remembered where they were.

#21 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8144 posts) -

I"beat the game" by watching it on youtube all the way to the ending.

#22 Posted by cainetao11 (17707 posts) -

Wonder how many reviewers of the 200 plus that gave TLOU GOTY had the time to play the game on that level, TC? So they probably "did it wrong" then. And the awards don't count then?

#23 Posted by SoNin360 (5502 posts) -

Survivor was actually pretty fun to play. I liked that they didn't make it super cheap by just increasing damage done to you and reducing damage done to enemies. Instead, supplies are much more scarce and listening mode is gone. Definitely have to use stealth more, or use up all the ammo you have and hope enemies drop some more.

#24 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

I dont care about different difficulties one bit.. played the game on Normal mode and had an amazing time, i love to play story based games on Normal or Easy so i can fully enjoy the story and not feel like the need to rage quit the game.

#25 Edited by dommeus (9373 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

The fact that the recently infected (read: more humanlike) have better eyesight than the human enemies, when the infection eventually turns you COMPLETELY BLIND is beyond stupid. They can see you a mile off and then boom, section ruined.

They should have kept the clickers for variety, and just done away with the zombies. They suck.

#26 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10597 posts) -

I always meant to play it through again, get some Trophies...but the ending damn near ruined the game for me.

#27 Edited by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

Maybe I'll play that mode later on. It was great on normal.

#28 Posted by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@TheEroica said:

The fact that the recently infected (read: more humanlike) have better eyesight than the human enemies, when the infection eventually turns you COMPLETELY BLIND is beyond stupid. They can see you a mile off and then boom, section ruined.

They should have kept the clickers for variety, and just done away with the zombies. They suck.

You know what's really dumb? I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog says the big popcorn heads (those are clickers, right?) use echolocation, but that doesn't make sense; Joel not moving near them does not mean their echolocation shouldn't detect him since the sound waves they produce should be bouncing back differently.

I found that pretty funny.

#29 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah, i thought i was the only one who saw that section as filler, they sure could have been more smart about it. Cause one thing about the game was making the waves of enemies less in favour of little intense encounters init but that section just felt draggy

#30 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I was not aware the game became unplayable at any point

#31 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I didn't say unplayable, I sad a bad mechanic. Lulu had said that the AI of the infected is bad. I've heard this a lot from other people. You cannot excuse a poorly designed aspect of the game by saying "it's part of the theme of the game".

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ megaspiderweb09

Doesn't make it a better game. Also they were being selective, if the zombies suck because thats the theme then why isn't this logic extented to other areas of the game. You ever killed a guy who had a gun but doesn't dropp any ammo ? I mean, if he spotted you, he was definately going to shoot you. Wheres your "theme" now huh ?!

#33 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2736 posts) -

I finished it once on hard with listener mode off and i got really frustrated towards the end so no i am not planning to do a survivor playthrough any time soon.(f those stupid stealth sections i hated them)

maybe in 2 years from now.

#34 Edited by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I didn't say unplayable, I sad a bad mechanic. Lulu had said that the AI of the infected is bad. I've heard this a lot from other people. You cannot excuse a poorly designed aspect of the game by saying "it's part of the theme of the game".

the AI of the infected isn't bad, idk where you got that from. It was designed to work that way, and that's how it was. 1 Infected type was blind but could 1 hit kill you so if you walked slowly and stabbed it, it was easy, the other didn't hurt much but could see and always charged at you so you can just rambo those with bats and stuff. It was made that way it doesn't mean it was bad mechanics. They could have just made it a complete chore that they spew poison gasses from far away and explode and you had to be forced to play "camping tactics" in a corner waiting for them to move to take a step into the next chair ._. it's not the best variation to monsters but it's fine as it is.

#35 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

So if the infected were deliberately, badly designed then we can't call them out on it ? No Fair !

Bad is bad, no matter how deliberate it was..... True Story.

#36 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1632 posts) -

So the infected were badly designed? Didn't seem that way to me I guess.

#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

the AI of the infected isn't bad, idk where you got that from. It was designed to work that way, and that's how it was. 1 Infected type was blind but could 1 hit kill you so if you walked slowly and stabbed it, it was easy, the other didn't hurt much but could see and always charged at you so you can just rambo those with bats and stuff. It was made that way it doesn't mean it was bad mechanics. They could have just made it a complete chore that they spew poison gasses from far away and explode and you had to be forced to play "camping tactics" in a corner waiting for them to move to take a step into the next chair ._. it's not the best variation to monsters but it's fine as it is.

Don't think what you're talking about could be classed as "AI".

I'd say the AI in general for the whole game is overrated. It's not bad but it's nothing spectacular either like some people claim it to be.

#38 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Your defination of bad?

#39 Edited by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Listen mode should be turned off at all times. It's disgusting that Naughty Dog added that feature.

#40 Posted by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Joedgabe said:

I'd say the AI in general for the whole game is overrated. It's not bad but it's nothing spectacular either like some people claim it to be.

Honestly, at a lot of points *cough* hotel sequence *cough* it can actually get bad.

#41 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

That's what i did because i know listen bullshit will kill the tense atmosphere. Was amazing and ppl playing with it are teh casualz

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (40902 posts) -

I should. But I don't know. There's a lot I still need to play/finish.

I do want to give it another playthrough though.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (47248 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Played it without listen mode of survivor and I will say it's the best way to play the game

But normal mode shouldn't be so easy either. Something called "normal" should be the normal way to play it and it gives you way too much ammo. Then again the game throws way too many gunfights at you unnecessarily at times. Especially the dam after meeting Tommy again and the house after the horse section

They probably made it easier to play because the gameplay can be off-putting to some people.

#44 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ megaspiderweb09

Actually heres the thing, its not bad. Its just not fun not even alil, if they set out to create Zombie AI no different from other zombie AI then the more accurate description would be bland or boring. But since boring is bad then I can and will describe the infected AI as badly designed. :D just a demo of Lulu's cognitive process.....on a good day.

#45 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

Actually Listen Mode was created for those without surround, I'm not entirely sure how many people don't got surround sound speakers.

#46 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Joedgabe said:

didn't say it was spectacular it just felt like it worked like it was meant. It could use improvement but it never felt like they tried to push it. Not perfect though but good enough for the game imo.

#47 Edited by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Did not play it on Survivor difficulty with Listen mode turned off, you are doing it wrong.

The game is already excruciatingly tedious and boring to begin with. What would be the appeal of playing on a mode that just makes it worse.

#48 Posted by soulitane (13600 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

So if the infected were deliberately, badly designed then we can't call them out on it ? No Fair !

Bad is bad, no matter how deliberate it was..... True Story.

This is amusing, considering your argument in the other thread, I agree, bad is bad.

#49 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1072 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I'm about halfway through the game on Survivor. I definitely won't be platinuming this game.

Well if your interested in getting the plat (if your a trophy hunter), there is an easy method for beating the game on survivor if that difficulty is too hard for you. Do chapter selected and select survivor difficulty for each chapter you play, but play the game via chapter select in opposite order (meaning start with last chapter of game and move back until you played each chapter of game). WHat this does is give full (fullish depending on how you play each chapter) ammo, This should make it a lot easier

EDIT:

This method of course requires you to have beaten the game on a previous difficulty (easy or normal)

#50 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

I hate it when dip-shits tell people they're play any given game "wrong".