If you have a 3DS, buy Bravely Default.

• 77 results
#51 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19873 posts) -

The last few chapters ruined it for me. I can't recommend it to anyone.

#52 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

I no have a 3DS, I no buy one only for 1 game, ya dig?

#53 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3424 posts) -

I feel like I'm the only person who really doesn't care about the backtracking for an hour.

Have any of you ever played Tales of the Abyss, you had to go through the entire world/dungeons a second time for the last half of the game and it took hours, not an hour.

#54 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17338 posts) -

I don't have the time or patience to put fifty hours into a japanese RPG.

#55 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17338 posts) -

No. I was playing the game religiously until the second half and haven't played it since. How could SE fuck up an otherwise great game? This is the worst case of paddling I seen in a while. It is not fun at all.

#56 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

I didn't like the demo.

#57 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17338 posts) -

I feel like I'm the only person who really doesn't care about the backtracking for an hour.

Have any of you ever played Tales of the Abyss, you had to go through the entire world/dungeons a second time for the last half of the game and it took hours, not an hour.

I don't know why JRPG' are obssessed with grinding and backtracking. Who finds this fun?

#58 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

No. I was playing the game religiously until the second half and haven't played it since. How could SE fuck up an otherwise great game? This is the worst case of paddling I seen in a while. It is not fun at all.

LOL. I meant padding.

#59 Posted by benleslie5 (7772 posts) -

It's my favourite 3DS as it is plus the battle theme on it's own is the best part of the game

#60 Posted by charizard1605 (56018 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2 said:

I don't know why JRPG' are obssessed with grinding and backtracking. Who finds this fun?

Son, you should play Persona 4.

#61 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6936 posts) -

Got a 3DS.

Won't get the game though.

#62 Posted by MBirdy88 (7702 posts) -

Traded my 3DS in for a Vita and I do not regret it for a second.

That being said, looks like a good game... if it comes to Vita, I will buy it.

#63 Posted by Maroxad (8070 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Kill 15 enemies of a specific type just so the shopkeeper will finally stock some up to date gear? No thank you.

Unless they fixed that in Golden.

#64 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17338 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Sadly I don't have the 80 hours it takes for THAT game. I just can't....

#65 Posted by charizard1605 (56018 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Sadly I don't have the 80 hours it takes for THAT game. I just can't....

It's a game that deserves every minute of your time that it demands.

#66 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -

No.

#67 Posted by finalstar2007 (24948 posts) -

Will surely get it later on in a Black Friday sale or something as i am not going to spend $40+ tax for a 3DS game which is on a system that i dislike using due to its terrible design, the 3DS is so uncomfortable to hold i get turned off of using it everytimei look at it.. i just use it for pokemon games and stop using it as soon as i finish the pokemon game.

#68 Posted by nini200 (9602 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

itt Vitabeggars

Just like the masturbatory race, they want it on the superior system.

But the 3DS has no games according to them right? I'm confused lol

#69 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Will surely get it later on in a Black Friday sale or something as i am not going to spend $40+ tax for a 3DS game which is on a system that i dislike using due to its terrible design, the 3DS is so uncomfortable to hold i get turned off of using it everytimei look at it.. i just use it for pokemon games and stop using it as soon as i finish the pokemon game.

UGh! why are you so rectanguly 3ds?

#70 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

i'm on the fence about it.. my friend that likes video games more than me bought it got hyped but stopped after like 8 hours and never picked it up again.. and doesn't feel like playing it now.... I also recently played FF3 and FF5 so... idk

#71 Edited by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

If they didn't screw up that ending half (and VA was better) it would definitely go into my list of best RPG's. I really liked the battle system, as in if you didn't know what Brave or Default was you would have been boned. Several of the fights getting near the mid point required usage of its systems and at right times too.

My combo near the end was a Spiritmaster, two ninjas, and a performer (a spiritmaster with performer skill set). Tiered speed gear with the ninjas so they started first, then had spiritmaster next in line (Stillness ftw), with performer skillset last. Hasten world along with quickness makes for some brutal attacks with the ninjas, and constant buff and stillness spam with those extra BP's. Could take out EVERY boss without getting "hit" (aside from that fucking ninja who is really the only one who could touch me...shippunrinjai is so stupid). Just like in every JRPG, you can cheese the game pretty hard near the end.

#72 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

It was great up until chapter 5. I still enjoyed the game, but chapters five- eight were far too redundant for my tastes. It took an already lengthy game and made it much, much longer, needlessly so. Still, I played it to the end and it's definitely a keeper despite the pacing issues.

#73 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -
#74 Posted by gba1989 (144 posts) -

Stopped at Chapter 7. Never did bother to pick the game up again.

Got tired of the lazy redundant story-telling. Although the artwork and the battle system are nicely done.

#75 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

@Kjranu: The problem is that it is not coming to Vita, plus who has as useless a system as Vita that has zero games ?

If people wanted good graphics, can get a PC or a iPad, not some crappy zero game system

#76 Posted by lostrib (34428 posts) -

@Kjranu: The problem is that it is not coming to Vita, plus who has as useless a system as Vita that has zero games ?

If people wanted good graphics, can get a PC or a iPad, not some crappy zero game system

Lol ipad

#77 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

@lostrib: ipad has like 100x more worthy exlusives than Vita does

I am one of the worst ipad haters, but Vita takes it to a whole new level, it is the absolute most useless system of all time and then some

#78 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

@loosingENDS: Hahahaa Loosey os butthurt again just like he was over the PC

#79 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5310 posts) -

Lol, port beggers!