#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

I just beat the game and holy cow, it's kind of perfect:

The battle system.

The job system.

The perfect music.

The ending.

The character development.

The art design.

All with the exception of the repetitive last chapters, it.was.all.perfect.

It's almost a sin that this is a better Final Fantasy than the XIII games.

If you own a 3DS, buy it. If you don't own a 3DS, buy one and get this game. If you own this game, what do you all think?

#2 Posted by Kjranu (1051 posts) -

Will buy it when it's ported to the superior handheld, Vita.

#3 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26753 posts) -

Got one and no I dont want it.It looks ugly and very boring.

#4 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

A Vita port would be nice.

#5 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1382 posts) -

People actually have a Vita? HAHAHAHAHA that's funny. Vita port wont happen. As for myself, I am aware its a great game, but just like how I don't buy EA games, I don't like Square Enix, so I will not be buying this game.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (27640 posts) -

Was quite turned off by the harsh criticism of its second half, but due to a lack of interesting titles I want to play on the 3DS at this moment, I almost bit on it a few days ago.

I'll wait. I still have a few titles to get through as it is.

#7 Edited by kitty (114902 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Was quite turned off by the harsh criticism of its second half, but due to a lack of interesting titles I want to play on the 3DS at this moment, I almost bit on it a few days ago.

I bet if it went on sale you would buy it. :P

#8 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

itt Vitabeggars

#9 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

itt Vitabeggars

Just like the masturbatory race, they want it on the superior system.

#10 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

If you like classic Final Fantasy, you'll love it. It only uses chibi's for battle and main characters, also the in game design for areas is GORGEOUS.

@Blabadon said:

The harsh criticism is just people being entitled and bitchy, you can blaze through the redoing chapters in an hour and a half.

#11 Posted by AznbkdX (3268 posts) -

Already did. :)Oh and the criticisms for the second half are warranted imo. Extremely lazy.

#12 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2443 posts) -

I don't need two copies though

#13 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

itt Vitabeggars

Just like the masturbatory race, they want it on the superior system.

I've heard about that race. They're the ones who play immature kiddy games.

#14 Edited by Blabadon (27640 posts) -

@kitty: That's usually what I do with handhelds. Bought Injustice for $13 today and I haven't had my Vita in a month.

#15 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26753 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

If you like classic Final Fantasy, you'll love it. It only uses chibi's for battle and main characters, also the in game design for areas is GORGEOUS.

@Blabadon said:

The harsh criticism is just people being entitled and bitchy, you can blaze through the redoing chapters in an hour and a half.

Define classic? If you mean FF4 I found that game very boring.The characters and story were enjoyable though.End of the day iv seen vids and nothing iv seens gets me excited.I know it got high marks but to be honest so did xenoblade and to be honest its proboly one of the most overrated jrpgs iv played.

#16 Edited by Blabadon (27640 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: I'm unconvinced. I'll probably buy it anyways but a spade's a spade.

#17 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

@Blabadon:

C'mon now, would I? The unbiased gentleman of SW, lie to you :D

#18 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

Also, Imma leave this here:

#19 Posted by Blabadon (27640 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: You convinced me there's a way to get through a shitty section easier. That's still a shitty section.

#20 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

@Blabadon:

Well, look at it this way.

The first 95% of the game is amazing, 1% isn't, and then the last 4% makes you want to cry tears of happiness and joy.

#21 Posted by Blabadon (27640 posts) -

Well here's hoping

#22 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3500 posts) -

@Blabadon:
You're my hope <3

#23 Posted by Minishdriveby (10217 posts) -

40 hours in and a combination of the end of the semester and reaching chapter 5 caused me to put the game down for about a month and a half. I'll pick it up again next month to finish it, but I'm not looking forward to the repetition during the end game.

#25 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

I've heard the second half to last third of the game is incredibly badly designed though

Waiting for a sale and more free time (not likely these days) before picking it up

#26 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

People who don't finish this game and do not get to see the secret video at the end make me want to cry. The boss fights leading up to, and including the ending of BD were incredible and the teaser of Bravely Second blew my mind. I completely forgive the bull crap I had to go in chapters 5-8

#27 Posted by Minishdriveby (10217 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Blabadon said:

Yeah I'm entitled to my opinion. It really is a detracting factor from the game.

#28 Edited by charizard1605 (59604 posts) -

lol at the incessant Vita port begging in this thread. Master Race my ass, it's a race of beggars.

Anyway, Bravely Default is a nice game. Would have been even better if it was a full game instead of just being half a one rehashed twice.

#29 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3177 posts) -

The soundtrack is soooo gooood!

#30 Edited by Maroxad (8517 posts) -

Anyone into jRPGs and Final Fantasy should get it, it is the finest non-remake SE game in a long time.

Furthermore, I recommend when you hit chapter 5 just set the difficulty to easy to make the battles go faster, then when you get to the last section of the chapter that being awakening the last crystal, keep pressing A (or was it B), after Airy tells you to stop to skip the upcoming chapters and get to the final chapter immediately unless you want to 100% the game. You may miss out on some loot, but honestly it is worth skipping those dreadfully lazy chapters.

#31 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34205 posts) -

Ever since hearing the job system of BD is similar to FFV, I've anted the game badly. Will buy it eventually.

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15182 posts) -

This is the worst endorsement Thread ever.

If you're gona tell people to flat out buy something then you might want to actually describe some of those features instead of just listing them.

#33 Posted by Maroxad (8517 posts) -

@DJ-Lafleur: It is similar, but better.

14 ranks for each job.
Everyone will not end up as Freelancers/Mimes
Each job feels a lot more meaningful with less gimmick jobs
There are more healers than just white mage giving you more choice
instead of just choosing one skill to go along with the class abilities, each character can now choose one extra skill set to go with as well taking up to passive slots (increases as you progress the game up to 5) with the more powerful skills taking up more slots.

#34 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11539 posts) -

I didn't really like it. I only got up to the third vestal I think. I'll try and get through it someday.

#35 Edited by lordlors (5612 posts) -

I don't know if it's truly a great game. The job system is great and so is the brave default system. The fact that you can control the percentage of monster encounters is neat. But what I didn't like is the fact that when you get to the door leading to the boss, you can save but there is no rest option or a portal that leads to the nearest town. Since my characters were drained of MP from all the fighting, I had to go out of the dungeon, turn off the monster encounter, get some rest, then go back to the door. It's time-wasting and it does irritate me that they didn't implement a simple solution that solves the problem easily. What really irked me though is when I got to the part where I'll have to fight off the same bosses and purify the same crystals, I just lost my motivation to finish the game. Radiant Historia by Atlus was better because of the story and characters.

#36 Posted by remiks00 (2139 posts) -

I've been interested in this & fire emblem for a while now. But I still don't owned a 3ds.

#37 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18656 posts) -

I put 8 hours into the demo. It seems like a very old school RPG that I've played many times before.

#38 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

It is already on my Amazon wishlist for a future purchase. I just have more important things sitting ahead of it is all.

#39 Posted by yokofox33 (30133 posts) -

Quite a good game. Not perfect, but extremely enjoyable and a throwback to classic JRPGs.

#40 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

I put 8 hours into the demo. It seems like a very old school RPG that I've played many times before.

You've never played a JRPG like Bravely Default "many times before". You just don't like it because it's not on Vita.

#41 Posted by freedomfreak (41877 posts) -

Got it back in December, son.

#42 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18656 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

You've never played a JRPG like Bravely Default "many times before". You just don't like it because it's not on Vita.

I have both systems, why would I care? The game adds some twists to the formula, but it's nothing that I haven't experienced before.

#43 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7755 posts) -

Already have it. Terrible voice acting aside, it's a fantastic game.

#44 Posted by PonchoTaco (2314 posts) -

Not my genre of gaming.

#45 Posted by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I have both systems, why would I care? The game adds some twists to the formula, but it's nothing that I haven't experienced before.

You've never had the added strategic element of the brave/default system, or a JRPG with beautiful 3D landscapes.

#46 Posted by Ghost120x (4053 posts) -

No. I was playing the game religiously until the second half and haven't played it since. How could SE fuck up an otherwise great game? This is the worst case of paddling I seen in a while. It is not fun at all.

#47 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18656 posts) -

@Bigboi500: lol did you read my first comment? I put 8 hours into the demo

#48 Edited by Comduter (2217 posts) -

I'm not interested in buying it. I don't like RPG's.

#49 Edited by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Bigboi500: lol did you read my first comment? I put 8 hours into the demo

I put over 12 hours in it, did everything, loved it.

#50 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

I tried the demo and hated it. Pass.