If you could only play CONSOLE or PC this gen, which would it be?

Edited 7 months, 22 days ago

Poll: If you could only play CONSOLE or PC this gen, which would it be? (133 votes)

CONSOLE 26%
PC 74%

I would go with consoles. PCs are vastly overrated. First off, I don't care about having the best specs because consoles have great graphics/performances as it is. Second, I prefer console exclusives a ton more than PC exclusives. The only real exclusives that PC has over consoles are RTS, MMOs, and sim type games. Consoles will always get the big blockbuster titles 95% of the time and each system has its own exclusives too. Also, there are games like Destiny, MGS5 & Final Fantasy that haven't even been announced for console. And what happened to GTA5? Third, consoles are now the home for indies, so PC doesn't even have that either. So overall, I'd go with consoles. You?

#101 Edited by Krelian-co (11239 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

You cannot vote for console unless you've never played on a half decent pc.

#102 Posted by Motokid6 (5730 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: ... Uhm... Why did you use that picture?

#103 Edited by lunar1122 (669 posts) -

I prefer PC. And thats not because of the graphics.. even do i love great graphics i dont care about graphics since gameplay trumps graphics.. I still play warcraft 3 to this day and it looks terrible

The reason i prefer pc is because console games are too short.. They focus way to much on movie style big budget impressions.. After 5-8 hours your $60 dollar game is beaten and you are wondering what next to play...

I dont have that problem on pc.. I prefer thinking/strategic games with the occasional single player experience. Most games are multiplats nowadays and my pc will put out better looking multiplat games than the ps4 or bone can. So screw consoles.. PC only.. I used to be a nintendo/ps fanboy.. But about 8 years ago i stopped playing consoles entirely and never had the interest to come back..

#104 Edited by Jankarcop (9640 posts) -

@wg_mcfartypants said:

For gaming they're all kind of flat right now. Hasn't been anything terribly blockbuster out anywhere in a while (speaking of this gen).

Who gives a shit if a game is a blockbuster.....

#105 Edited by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gue1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

PC always wins these votes, because it flat out is he best overall gaming device when done right.

1) Most high quality rated titles and the highest rate of exclusivity.

2) The 2 most influetial co-op and competitive genres in gaming are nearly completely exclusive to it (MMO's and MOBA/RTS).

3) It's indie and kickstarter scene is giving out gaming experiences that are otherwise dead....

4) Look at Sony and Microsoft.... most of their first part are bloody first person graphic whoring shooters... Sony is by far worse... as they care more about presentation/story than actual gameplay..... while microsoft has milked its trio dry....

Consoles are losing their identity..... the 2 "HD TWINS" so called are poor man PCs with mainly shooter focus.... and are already outmatched. Nintendo... while still doing its lovely unique thing ..... is selling like crap, because really peasants want PC gaming like experiences at the low-end.

Simple reality.... they are multiplat machines with a few exclusives every 2 years... that are barely ever the best of their genre compared to the multiplats.

I bet that's why pc has such long list of goty award winner games, right? Oh wait...

Actually it does , and this is 100% real and honest list , unlike the one that Xboxdone74 have created . In that list PS3 have 45 GOTY , here PC have 47 . Not to mention he also included E3 Game of the shows as GOTY .

whoever made this chart really scrapped the barrel clean. Kill Screen, City News, da fuck? lol

#106 Posted by CrumUnderMe (195 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

For gaming they're all kind of flat right now. Hasn't been anything terribly blockbuster out anywhere in a while (speaking of this gen).

i do, smelly.

#107 Posted by Motokid6 (5730 posts) -

@Jankarcop: Oh, but didn't you know? The more money pumped into advertisement campaigns the better the video game. Sheesh.. get with the times noob.

#108 Edited by CrumUnderMe (195 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@Jankarcop: Oh, but didn't you know? The more money pumped into advertisement campaigns the better the video game. Sheesh.. get with the times noob.

he has a pc from 2005 and i dont mean a xbox 360. he aint getting with the times ever.

#109 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3759 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gue1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

PC always wins these votes, because it flat out is he best overall gaming device when done right.

2) The 2 most influetial co-op and competitive genres in gaming are nearly completely exclusive to it (MMO's and MOBA/RTS).

3) It's indie and kickstarter scene is giving out gaming experiences that are otherwise dead....

4) Look at Sony and Microsoft.... most of their first part are bloody first person graphic whoring shooters... Sony is by far worse... as they care more about presentation/story than actual gameplay..... while microsoft has milked its trio dry....

Consoles are losing their identity..... the 2 "HD TWINS" so called are poor man PCs with mainly shooter focus.... and are already outmatched. Nintendo... while still doing its lovely unique thing ..... is selling like crap, because really peasants want PC gaming like experiences at the low-end.

Simple reality.... they are multiplat machines with a few exclusives every 2 years... that are barely ever the best of their genre compared to the multiplats.

I bet that's why pc has such long list of goty award winner games, right? Oh wait...

Actually it does , and this is 100% real and honest list , unlike the one that Xboxdone74 have created . In that list PS3 have 45 GOTY , here PC have 47 . Not to mention he also included E3 Game of the shows as GOTY .

whoever made this chart really scrapped the barrel clean. Kill Screen, City News, da fuck? lol

You wanted GOTYs , you got it . Don't care what you think about these websites or games . Much better list than the one idiots keep posting where E3 is listed as website giving GOTYs . Full of lies and bullshit .

#110 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

this gen?

pc for sure. good to see it well ahead in the poll.

#111 Edited by Motokid6 (5730 posts) -

@CrumUnderMe: I was being sarcastic. Just poking fun at the, well .. it's best described in song.

"If sharing means caring and caring means sharing."

*let's out a long, deep fart*

Take it from here system wars.

#112 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3759 posts) -

Lol , I find it funny that someone thought that by putting 5 platforms together and calling it "consoles" , then putting it against on platform PC will do the trick . Yet , PC is far ahead in the poll .

#113 Posted by 04dcarraher (19686 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

lol.... fanboys plastering a poll based opinion award with games that were above average worth playing within that time frame they were released. funny fact that I have more fun with a $10 game then the few GOTY awarded games.

#114 Posted by CrumUnderMe (195 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@CrumUnderMe: I was being sarcastic. Just poking fun at the, well .. it's best described in song.

"If sharing means caring and caring means sharing."

*let's out a long, deep fart*

Take it from here system wars.

why does your fart have the same shape as dahler mendi oh wait thats jankarcop escaping.

#115 Edited by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

All these thread display is the utter ignorance of console only gamers.

"buh buh I've never heard of that game so I've no interest so it doesn't count" or simply tarring games as indie or saying entire genres don't count.

I particularly enjoyed the TC bring up GTA 5, how does that play on the PS4 or XB1? As for consoles "having indies too" congrats you've got what 6 or 7 combined in 6 months! You realised how many indie games get released for the PC each week?!?!

Last gen showed the nonsense of the PC having no games when it had more scored at GS (which didn't score any indie games pretty much for most of last gen and even when it did just a tiny tiny fraction of them).

Enjoy your niche games and begging for dem console games. With the passing of time consoles are getting more and more pc games (mostly indies anyway since that's all you guys) but there are less and less console games being ported to pc. So prepare those petitions for Destiny and the likes because if not your high end rig will only be useful to play Star Citizen, create lots of heat and waste tons of electricity to play games that look like they were made for the PS2.

#116 Edited by Vaasman (11500 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

PC, of course, The PC does the work of many devices I'd have to buy separately if I gamed only on consoles. Part of gaming is not just playing the game, but surfing the Web and hanging out in gaming sites such as Gamespot.

The has the convenience of being able to do all those in one package, even at the same time if preferred.

As for games... Most PC games have longer legs. Look at FSX. MS dropped support for it back in 2010. Yet, people still buy it new in stores. It certainly has a huge community although none of them would be caught dead with the kiddies in most gaming forums. Even the pilot of that missing Malaysian jet was a big FSX afficionado.

That's not really a ringing endorsement.

Damn computer games, always crashing.

#117 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17980 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

"buh buh I've never heard of that game so I've no interest so it doesn't count" or simply tarring games as indie or saying entire genres don't count.

I particularly enjoyed the TC bring up GTA 5, how does that play on the PS4 or XB1? As for consoles "having indies too" congrats you've got what 6 or 7 combined in 6 months! You realised how many indie games get released for the PC each week?!?!

Last gen showed the nonsense of the PC having no games when it had more scored at GS (which didn't score any indie games pretty much for most of last gen and even when it did just a tiny tiny fraction of them).

Enjoy your niche games and begging for dem console games. With the passing of time consoles are getting more and more pc games (mostly indies anyway since that's all you guys) but there are less and less console games being ported to pc. So prepare those petitions for Destiny and the likes because if not your high end rig will only be useful to play Star Citizen, create lots of heat and waste tons of electricity to play games that look like they were made for the PS2.

Yea, I really don't see how PC is going to be THAT great this gen. Consoles are taking off and the games are a comin'!

#118 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3759 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Enjoy your niche games and begging for dem console games. With the passing of time consoles are getting more and more pc games (mostly indies anyway since that's all you guys) but there are less and less console games being ported to pc, so prepare those petitions for Destiny and the likes because if not your high end rig will only be useful to play Star Citizen, create lots of heat and waste tons of electricity to play games that looks like they were made for the PS2.

Did someone say petition .?

https://www.change.org/petitions/cd-projekt-red-port-the-witcher-2-on-the-ps3

It's OK , but these guys are pathetic ,

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v

#119 Edited by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

if consoles had games like mount and blade,crusader kings 2, and the X3 series i would be very happy with owning one console this gen. sadly those games are only found on the PC..so that is where i roam

#120 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14472 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

PC, of course, The PC does the work of many devices I'd have to buy separately if I gamed only on consoles. Part of gaming is not just playing the game, but surfing the Web and hanging out in gaming sites such as Gamespot.

The has the convenience of being able to do all those in one package, even at the same time if preferred.

As for games... Most PC games have longer legs. Look at FSX. MS dropped support for it back in 2010. Yet, people still buy it new in stores. It certainly has a huge community although none of them would be caught dead with the kiddies in most gaming forums. Even the pilot of that missing Malaysian jet was a big FSX afficionado.

That's not really a ringing endorsement.

Damn computer games, always crashing.

#121 Posted by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

everybody that plays more than just niche games to then come to a forum to complain about consoles while signing petitions for console games to be ported to PC.

#122 Edited by lostrib (37803 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@lostrib said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Kinthalis said:

Everytime there's a poll like this, PC trounces consoles. Which goes to show, not all of system wars is stupid as dirt. Just the console peasants.

:P

And everytime there is a poll for Gameplay vs Graphics, Gameplay wins. But most celebrate graphics and resolution here. SW is full of shyte.

Yeah that's one of my favorites

Right? Its ok, SW. Just admit you are graphics whores, if you celebrate 1080p, and will rebuy a 1 year old game because of resolution upgrade.

Until you talk about liking an indie game like hotline miami, then lol indie games. Worthless 2D shit, spending money on expensive GPUs to play lame indie crap.

...of course, unless that indie game comes to your console of choice

#123 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

everybody that plays more than just niche games to then come to a forum to complain about consoles while signing petitions for console games to be ported to PC.

that's a very specific type of human.

so basically nobody?

#124 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16432 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: ... Uhm... Why did you use that picture?

Just Google MH370 pilot FSX. I've seen him around a number flight sim forums in the past.

Why? PC gaming is alive and well although the only attention it gets is usually when something bad happens. If it's not school shootings, it's aircraft crashing or being used as flying bombs.

Columbine, 9-11, this...... Even when news channels used the software in their own newscasts, they sure as hell don't even identify it.

#125 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@cainetao11 said:

@lostrib said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Kinthalis said:

Everytime there's a poll like this, PC trounces consoles. Which goes to show, not all of system wars is stupid as dirt. Just the console peasants.

:P

And everytime there is a poll for Gameplay vs Graphics, Gameplay wins. But most celebrate graphics and resolution here. SW is full of shyte.

Yeah that's one of my favorites

Right? Its ok, SW. Just admit you are graphics whores, if you celebrate 1080p, and will rebuy a 1 year old game because of resolution upgrade.

Until you talk about liking an indie game like hotline miami, then lol indie games. Worthless 2D shit, spending money on expensive GPUs to play lame indie crap.

...of course, unless that indie game comes to your console of choice

and wins GOTY..then indie games are awesome and worth bragging about.

#126 Posted by lostrib (37803 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Yea, I really don't see how PC is going to be THAT great this gen. Consoles are taking off and the games are a comin'!

Yeah, you just gotta keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting

#127 Edited by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gue1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Gue1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

You wanted GOTYs , you got it . Don't care what you think about these websites or games . Much better list than the one idiots keep posting where E3 is listed as website giving GOTYs . Full of lies and bullshit .

I think its funny when confronted with evidence such as this, they start getting real picky.

#128 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17980 posts) -

@lostrib: Plenty of games already out. Have fun with Goat Simulator LOL

#129 Edited by lostrib (37803 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yes, and there's plenty of games already out on PC. Actually far more out on PC.

#130 Posted by jsmoke03 (12934 posts) -

i havent had my own pc to play games on in a very long time (the pc was from 2001 and died on me 08) and ive been doing ok with gaming. as much as i want a rig that can run games with great specs, id go with a console. nothing against the master race lol

#131 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Its more fun than Killzone SF.

#132 Posted by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

@lunar1122 said:

I prefer PC. And thats not because of the graphics.. even do i love great graphics i dont care about graphics since gameplay trumps graphics.. I still play warcraft 3 to this day and it looks terrible

The reason i prefer pc is because console games are too short.. They focus way to much on movie style big budget impressions.. After 5-8 hours your $60 dollar game is beaten and you are wondering what next to play...

I dont have that problem on pc.. I prefer thinking/strategic games with the occasional single player experience. Most games are multiplats nowadays and my pc will put out better looking multiplat games than the ps4 or bone can. So screw consoles.. PC only.. I used to be a nintendo/ps fanboy.. But about 8 years ago i stopped playing consoles entirely and never had the interest to come back..

at least you come up with decent excuse of why you prefer one unlike 90% of herms saying that PC gaming is superior just because. Because what if I like games like Persona or Marvel vs Capcom? Where are those games on PC? Nowhere!

So if PC's missing on so many games that I like then it can't be so superior like many delusional herms wants us to believe. And is not just missing on tons of games that I like but it will even miss on a ton of huge triple a games like like Destiny too! So the argument about superior PC multiplats it's invalid too because that's not always the case if the game's not ported.

#133 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3759 posts) -
@jsmoke03 said:

i havent had my own pc to play games on in a very long time (the pc was from 2001 and died on me 08) and ive been doing ok with gaming. as much as i want a rig that can run games with great specs, id go with a console. nothing against the master race lol

This is how real grown ups talk .

#134 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Man look at the poll results, clearly PC is superior in every aspect. Let's let the console peasants go through all their grief stages.

#135 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14472 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

at least you come up with decent excuse of why you prefer one unlike 90% of herms saying that PC gaming is superior just because. Because what if I like games like Persona or Marvel vs Capcom? Where are those games on PC? Nowhere!

So if PC's missing on so many games that I like then it can't be so superior like many delusional herms wants us to believe. And is not just missing on tons of games that I like but it will even miss on a ton of huge triple a games like like Destiny too! So the argument about superior PC multiplats it's invalid too because that's not always the case if the game's not ported.

Exactly, while the OP may be presented rather horribly there's been some good points raised by both sides.

I feel they both switch out places for me every few years or so, PC just hasn't been impressing me lately, hopefully that changes in the coming years.

It's still quite a boon to own both however, either way if you don't you miss out on games.

#136 Edited by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

If I had to pick one definitely pc. I love my consoles but I can do so much more with a pc. Console exclusives are hella overrated and honestly there are enough multiplats that you don't really miss them. I didn't play gta or tlou last year and I have a ps360. Was busy playing everything else on my computer. Honestly didn't even have the time. Picking up a new Moba is enough to eat up a month of your game time lol. So yeah pc. In the real world though I prefer to have both console and pc.

#137 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3904 posts) -

In all honestly if you are a gamer and don't have a gaming PC its the equivalent of being a photographer and not having a DSLR.

#138 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

PC.

Easily.

#139 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

lol@the cliches! Roll out "niche" games now as the ones that don't count. I love how cows now are falling back on multiplats to defend their machines again. Did you enjoy the 2 or 3 years where you slammed lems for doing it in between the rest of the PS3 lifespan and now the PS4 is using it as its only lifeline? "Buh buh GTA and destiny!"

Unable to defend yourselves individually you now have to band together, use multiplats, games from last gen (why do you lot keep talking about GTAV??!) and still have to try to make it so genres, indies and "niche" games don't count to stand a chance! Priceless! lol

#140 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

In all honestly if you are a gamer and don't have a gaming PC its the equivalent of being a photographer and not having a DSLR.

i just youtubed DSLR since i have no idea what it was. i had no idea a simple camera can create such effects

#141 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6250 posts) -

Although my true love is PC gaming, I think I'll be sticking with my PS4 for the foreseeable future.

#142 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Gue1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

Exactly, while the OP may be presented rather horribly there's been some good points raised by both sides.

I feel they both switch out places for me every few years or so, PC just hasn't been impressing me lately, hopefully that changes in the coming years.

It's still quite a boon to own both however, either way if you don't you miss out on games.

Whats been impressing you on consoles then? Cos I own a PS4, 360 and a Wii and there's been bugger all for me on any of them in ages.

#143 Edited by MBirdy88 (8336 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

@Gue1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

lol.... fanboys plastering a poll based opinion award with games that were above average worth playing within that time frame they were released. funny fact that I have more fun with a $10 game then the few GOTY awarded games.

Ignore it.... ever since the trolls of this bored have now made "GOTY's" the only defence against PC gaming... even the genuine peasants are resorting to it now.

Gue... you think the millions and millions playing the various exclusive big names on PC give a damn about a 2-3 journey game as some GOTY award? or the e-sport scene give a damn about 10 hour zombie shooter that does nothing but presentation?

as 04d says.... GOTY is a poll choice of all the top games... does not make other games lesser.

Anyone with a damn brain would look at this situation and go "well clearly having more high quality exclusives is better than a slightly voted better goty award bit with alot less quality titles" ... but ofcourse not on system wars....

#144 Edited by MBirdy88 (8336 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

Says dellusional, goes on about his limit taste and preference.

I like all forms... there are very few genres I dislike (Fighters (except brawlers), Race Sim and sports) ...

Anyone can bloody cherry pick preferences.... suddenly you want to go against the stand SW rules of "Objectivity over subjectivity" now Gue? how convenient.

For the record... you can play every Persona game on the PC.

#145 Edited by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

sooner or later herms will have to buy a console if they don't want to miss out on so many games that will not only shape and transform the industry but that will be fondly remembered for years to come like The Last of Us. I bet that's why herms are often so cranky. I mean, being jelly all the time changes you for the worse.

#146 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14472 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Gue1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

Whats been impressing you on consoles then? Cos I own a PS4, 360 and a Wii and there's been bugger all for me on any of them in ages.

Just the games that have been announced, stuff w'ere expecting out of e3 tgs off the top of my head.

Especially beast souls, TLG, Lilly Bergamo, Level-5, hell even ff15 might be good. Then there's uncharted 4 and the order.

Just games and genre's that interest me more than strategy and sims. point and click adventure.

#147 Posted by MBirdy88 (8336 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Gue1 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

lol@the cliches! Roll out "niche" games now as the ones that don't count. I love how cows now are falling back on multiplats to defend their machines again. Did you enjoy the 2 or 3 years where you slammed lems for doing it in between the rest of the PS3 lifespan and now the PS4 is using it as its only lifeline? "Buh buh GTA and destiny!"

Unable to defend yourselves individually you now have to band together, use multiplats, games from last gen (why do you lot keep talking about GTAV??!) and still have to try to make it so genres, indies and "niche" games don't count to stand a chance! Priceless! lol

This reminds of of consolite's attitudes towards Minecraft when it was PC only:

"LOL lego kids game, PC games are all indie .... console gamers buy real games"....

the irony that Minecraft is the number one played game on Xbox Live and probably PSN when it takes off (if not already)... over those precious sony and microsoft first party games that get dumped after a week.

#148 Posted by Kinthalis (5322 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

sooner or later herms will have to buy a console if they don't want to miss out on so many games that will not only shape and transform the industry but that will be fondly remembered for years to come like The Last of Us. I bet that's why herms are often so cranky. I mean, being jelly all the time changes you for the worse.

TLOU shaped and transformed the industry?

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

#149 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@Kinthalis said:

@Gue1 said:

TLOU shaped and transformed the industry?

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

'fondly remembered for years to come'

you have to admit, that's quite an achievement for a game that's been out less than a year. (the achievement i refer to is the level of damage control from a playstation fanboy)

#150 Posted by Roler42 (770 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Wich explains why consolites are so spiteful whenever they talk about PC gaming and hermits

In all honesty, you make it sound like anything that isn't AAA console exclusive is the worst thing ever, same with playing niche games

Btw, in all my life as a gamer I have yet to buy a console, and I have yet to be given a reason to care about the last of us, I play games, not awards