if you could necro a defunct mech game on console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by ominous_titan (383 posts) 3 months, 23 days ago

if you could necro a defunct mech game on console (10 votes)

mechassault 40%
steel battalion 30%
chromehounds 30%
#1 Posted by lostrib (26286 posts) -

Nice Avatar

#2 Edited by nini200 (8840 posts) -

Vortex

or

Space Griffon VF-9

#3 Posted by ominous_titan (383 posts) -

I would be happy if any came back, what are your thoughts or arguments why

#4 Posted by ominous_titan (383 posts) -

@nini200: vortex all day baby, back pedaling up hills dropping cheddar on falchions

#5 Posted by lazerface216 (7415 posts) -

chromehounds gets my vote. me and my friend played the online all the way until sega shut down the servers. the epitome of underrated imo.

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

Do one, lostrib!

lol

#7 Posted by nini200 (8840 posts) -

Vortex because it had potential despite it being held back due to hardware at the time but I believe now that could be Nintendo's equivalent to Armored Core but with transforming Mechs like Vortex had.

Space Griffon VF-9 because the sequel never came out on Dreamcast and I was really caught up in the story of Lunar Tears.

I would put Frame Gride in there too but that's predominately an Arena Battling Mech game from From Software.

#8 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Mow I see why you never make threads ribtips. You suck at it. Stick to the gradeschool three worded comebacks

#9 Edited by ominous_titan (383 posts) -

I'd be happy with any but my first pick would be steel Battalion minus the giant controller, I'd like to see it as a wiiu title using the game pad for all the different things the big controller did, learn from what broke the first game ie the duping and the predictable mech drops and mech being lost forever with dead accounts. Man I remember the Japanese would offer a couple hundred dollars for some of the rare third gen mech. Good times

#10 Posted by Vaasman (10911 posts) -

Well this thread has all the trappings of a thread that's going to go south fast. That said, I feel the mention of Chromehounds warrants a response. That game was brilliant in so many ways, only being killed by stuff like balance and server latency. Stuff that could easily be fixed in a sequel. Even if it will never happen for real, I would love to see From and Sega revisit the franchise, with those issues fixed it could be an amazing title.

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -

None of the above. I would like a new Front Mission and done right this time.

#12 Posted by wolverine4262 (18353 posts) -

A Chromehounds sequel would be so good!

#13 Edited by lamprey263 (21022 posts) -

Steel Battalion, with a modern monster peripheral controller.

#14 Posted by PyratRum (411 posts) -

Chromehounds.

The multiplayer in that game was so damn good. Although Armored Core V and Verdict Day can be see as sort of spiritual successors with the series recent direction.

#15 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37517 posts) -

Mow I see why you never make threads ribtips. You suck at it. Stick to the gradeschool three worded comebacks

It's not him numb nuts

You called me an idiot before for not embedding when embedding clearly doesn't work and hasn't worked for weeks

Now you have one at Lostrib because you can't even read who wrote the OP? Your fumbling boobery knows no end

#16 Posted by lawlessx (45610 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

It's not him numb nuts

You called me an idiot before for not embedding when embedding clearly doesn't work and hasn't worked for weeks

Now you have one at Lostrib because you can't even read who wrote the OP? Your fumbling boobery knows no end

fumbling boobery?

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (44751 posts) -

lmao what a moron. everyone point and laugh at him.

#18 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

: / Are you defending your ring leader in the sense that he's not the one who made the thread? Because that's the whole joke I'm aiming at. he didnt' take the bait. You're dumb enough to. You're welcome.

#19 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

It's not him numb nuts

@lawlessx said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@John_Matherson said:

It's not him numb nuts

fumbling boobery?

@John_Matherson said:

You guys do realize that lostrib is the first response on the page and that there's no way I could've not noticed it wasn't him before commenting right? You do realize that's the whole joke? lostrib got the joke which I'm guessing is why he didn't respond this whole time. Glad to know you just owned yourselves. Idiots. Try again.

#20 Edited by ominous_titan (383 posts) -

So are you saying my thread sucks?? I'm hurt

#21 Posted by Jankarcop (8016 posts) -

lol kiddy mech games , gimme the real deal on PC

#22 Edited by Vaasman (10911 posts) -

So are you saying my thread sucks?? I'm hurt

There there.

I thought it was an good thread, and I have more posts so my opinion counts for more.

#23 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37517 posts) -

You guys do realize that lostrib is the first response on the page and that there's no way I could've not noticed it wasn't him before commenting right? You do realize that's the whole joke? lostrib got the joke which I'm guessing is why he didn't respond this whole time. Glad to know you just owned yourselves. Idiots. Try again.

Oh yeah sure you did there Johnny boy.

#24 Edited by Motokid6 (4602 posts) -

I remember we used to play "Keep Away" in Mechassult one and two. I forget the gamemode, but it was the one where you fought a stronger mech every time you defeat one. My friend and I would choose the small Elemental Mechs and we'd jump from building to building dodging the enemy mech. You would stay on the roof until the building collapsed and took the mech with it..

SO much fun with that game. And it was my first Xbox Live game.

#25 Posted by ominous_titan (383 posts) -

Mech games have always been so ahead of there time

#26 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Front Mission. Make it alot like Front Mission 3 though during squaresoft's golden era instead of this lame third person shooter rip off.

#27 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13929 posts) -

Virtual On please